View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    09-26-15 10:03 PM
    Some general weekend OT for those BB Investors also interested in electric car technology (battery probably the more expensive component):

Updated: Tesla Gigafactory will cut battery costs 50%, analyst says | Utility Dive

The brunt of the demand for Tesla's batteries will come from the utility and transportation sectors. Tesla Motors' Nevada-based Gigafactory could drive down costs of its lithium-ion batteries more than 50%, according to Jefferies analyst Dan Dolev. He upped his price target for Tesla's stock to $365 a share from $360, largely in part due to his appraisal of the company's battery business.
    Corbu, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    09-27-15 08:01 AM
    09-27-15 08:19 AM
    Ugh, I always forget that this thread is about BBRY, the future of the company AND F1 spoilers!! I was about to sit down and watch the race with my family. Third time you guys have gotten me on a Sunday morning!
    morganplus8, CDM76 and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-27-15 09:26 AM
    Sorry about that...
    09-27-15 09:30 AM
    OT: Hey M8 or any other TA out there, since its a slow day anyone mind taking a look at AYA.TO chart and tell me what they see? been gauging at it and trying to figure a reversal time. Much thanks!
    09-27-15 09:41 AM
    Expect downgrades to kill bbry further, time to buy in dips. Even the slider sales which I think will do much better than bb10 should take it bbry to 9 bucks before xmas

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 11:59 AM
    There will be plenty of time to buy when the bottom is actually in. Not going to chase this down.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and sentimentGX4 like this.
    09-27-15 12:17 PM
    09-27-15 12:33 PM
    There will be plenty of time to buy when the bottom is actually in. Not going to chase this down.
    That's what I decided on Friday, too. 5-6 more months I think, to see how the Priv does. And see numbers/trends from the acquisitions.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by app_Developer; 09-27-15 at 02:14 PM.
    09-27-15 02:03 PM
    Q3 key dates:
    Quarter End: November 28, 2015
    Reporting Date: December 18, 2015

A guy from another thread mentioned that 2 of the 3 large Canadian carriers(Rogers/Bell/Telus) will launch Priv the first week of November, sooner than the Nov 20 date provided by Crackberry. Hopefully, they can squeeze in Indonesia and at least 1 US carrier before quarter end as well.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ellus-1039973/
    3MIKE, kadakn01, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    09-27-15 03:33 PM
    A good reminder of the patience it sometimes takes to see a turn around take shape
    I also thought I would add that at the top of BBRY, when shares were essentially a bet against Moore's law and the price was around $100+, the company was buying back some shares and issuing options (on and off) and the short interest was low, oscillating between about 13m shares to about 19M.
    BlackBerry share buyback criticism: too little spent on research | BGR
    Today the company is buying back shares with record short interest levels (lower than the 180M a few years back but still quite high) and essentially the highest cash levels in history and cash flow positive. Of course history and the below chart are no guarantees as what is to come, but i think sometimes putting things in perspective is good. Microsoft once rescued Apple (150M investment) in August 1997, when things looked at their worst!
    stock buyback history RIM.TO
    Research In Motion Ltd (RIM.TO) Dividends & Buybacks | Value Investing in Seconds - Vuru.co

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-buyback.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150909_060822.png
    Last edited by kadakn01; 09-27-15 at 04:35 PM.
    09-27-15 03:37 PM
    Q3 key dates:
    Quarter End: November 28, 2015
    Reporting Date: December 18, 2015

A guy from another thread mentioned that 2 of the 3 large Canadian carriers(Rogers/Bell/Telus) will launch Priv the first week of November, sooner than the Nov 20 date provided by Crackberry. Hopefully, they can squeeze in Indonesia and at least 1 US carrier before quarter end as well.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ellus-1039973/
    I hope Telus is one of the carriers, I'm due for another phone. And I wonder if it will be available unlocked from the carriers. Can't wait ! Anyways I'm also convinced it's gonna be a great phone.

Might as well get used to the taste of Lolipop ! x. Vvvjxm
    Last edited by 3MIKE; 09-28-15 at 07:42 AM.
    theRock1975 and CDM76 like this.
    09-27-15 04:41 PM
    I hope Telus is one of the carriers, I'm due for another phone. And I wonder if it will be available unlocked from the carriers. Can't wait ! Anyways I'm also convinced it's gonna be a great phone.

Might as well get used to the taste of Lolipop !
    They will be. They've been strong supporters of BlackBerry through thick and thin. Hope they get exclusive rights. Rogers still hasn't gotten a proper F-U from BlackBerry for their antics.

I expect this phone to do very, very well.
    theRock1975, 3MIKE, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    09-27-15 07:30 PM
    Over the weekend I took some time and reviewed the financial results of the last 5 quarters. I wanted to see whether there is substantial improvement in the business and whether Chen is able to turn the ship around...

First of all I want to apologize for my bad English... ;-)

I compared the operating profit/loss of the last five quarters (without the adjustments for the debentures):

Q2: (31)
    Q3: 11
    Q4: (56)
    Q1: (68)
    Q2: (195)

Since Q3 of the last year you can see that the operating loss is increasing every year. There is no improvement in the results, it's quite the contrary. If we look closer it is even worse. The profit in Q2 last year was only achieved because Chen managed it to reduce the operating costs from $456 Mio. to $399 Mio. In Q3 he reduced the costs further to $374 Mio. However, since Q3 last year the operating costs are more or less stable at 380 Mio. What I believe is that there is no more potential to cut cost without changing the structure of the company as we know it today, in other words, without selling off parts of the company.
    Since it seems not possible for Chen to reduce the cost further every decrease in revenue will affect the operating profit/loss directly. In this quarter revenue fell short by $170 Mio. compared to last quarter. The operating loss increased by 130 Mio. ($40 Mio. in reduction of Cost of Goods sold).
    In my opinion BlackBerry would need a revenue of about $700 Mio. every quarter to be "back in the black". With revenue of below $700 Mio. BlackBerry won't be able to achieve sustainable operating profit (excluding fair value adjustments for the debentures)!! It does not have to be mentioned that BlackBerry is far from $700 Mio. right now.

But I also had a look at the cashflows:

Q2 Q3 Q4 Q1 Q2
    Cashflow: (32) 43 76 123 100
    Change in
    Positions: -54 -192 -74 -218

What you can see here is the reported free cashflow and the change of the positions (Property, Plant & Equipment; Accounts Receivables; Other Receivables).

If you take this into account then only the Q3 last year was really cashflow positive. This quarter there where $118 Mio. missing! The problem here is that Chen won't be able to do this much longer. "Accounts receivables" decreased already from over $600 Mio. to around $300 Mio., so did "PPE" decrease significantly and "other receivables". I believe that BlackBerry needs a revenue around $610 Mio. every quarter to be sustainably cashflow positive without decreasing "Accounts receivables" further and selling off property and buildings.

So what do I expect for the next two quarters?

Chen expects a modest growth in revenue for the next quarter. In my opinion this translates into revenue of maybe 505 Mio. to 510 Mio. or a little bit more. We know that Service-Revenue will continue to decline at the same rate (say 20 Mio.). Software-Revenue is going to grow organically by a number <10 Mio. On top of it there will be licensing-fees (say 20 Mio.) and AdHoc is going to be included (10 Mio.). The growth in Software will offset the decrease in Service-Revenue and contribute to the modest growth in revenue overall. However, this assumes that the Hardware-Business stays stable. And you can already see that everything comes down to the success of the Priv. If the Priv fails Chen will not be able to reach his goals and a failure could have severe consequences for the company. It's basically their last shot!
    For the current quarter I expect the sales to decrease further regarding the BB10 phones by at least 200,000. This is the number that the Priv needs to sell this quarter even though it is obviously not a full quarter. If the Priv fails to do so Chen won't be able to reach the target for the next quarters!

For Q4 I expect the Software-Revenue to increase further, at least be 25 Mio. compared to Q3 since Good will contribute around 40 Mio. But again this will only cover the decrease in Service-Revenue. The real growth has to come from the Hardware, at least for now. So again it will all depend on the success of the Priv.

If the Priv fails I do not see a chance for BlackBerry to stay in the Hardware business anymore. In this case they will have to sell the hardware devotion to cut down on cost even further and BlackBerry will not be able to exist as we know it. I do not have to mention what this means for the stock price? Maybe they will consider a takeover again? I think this is also the reason why they did not revealed any plans for new devices next year. They are going to wait to see how the Priv is selling. If it sells well (300,000 - 400,000) every quarter I am sure that they will release an Android Version of the Passport as soon as possible. On top of this they might offer an Android Full-touch device. For BlackBerry-Fans they probably will keep offering the Classic with OS10, at least for a while until they see whether they can convince government agencies etc. to switch to their Android versions.
    However, if the Priv fails to sell I highly doubt that we will see any further phones, regardless which version. In this case, I am afraid, is BlackBerry going to fight for their survival again.

I don't know what the chances of success are for the Priv. It looks like a cool phone but I am not sure how many people still want a slider? At least I personally don't know anyone that would buy a slider but I understand that BlackBerry has to differentiate itself if they want to be successful in the Android-market. If the Priv could capture a marketshare of .25 - .5 % of the entire Android-market this would be already a huge success.

Sorry for this long post. This is where I think BlackBerry stands today. If you disagree let me know! I would appreciate other opinions if they are backed up with numbers... :-)
    CDM76, cgk, sati01 and 6 others like this.
    09-27-15 08:00 PM
    OT. The moon is red tonight in the Americas, maybe it's a sign... lol

The wind is changing in favor of BlackBerry !
    Last edited by 3MIKE; 09-27-15 at 10:06 PM. Reason: incomplete
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-27-15 09:32 PM
    Over the weekend I took some time and reviewed the financial results of the last 5 quarters. I wanted to see whether there is substantial improvement in the business and whether Chen is able to turn the ship around...

First of all I want to apologize for my bad English... ;-)

I compared the operating profit/loss of the last five quarters (without the adjustments for the debentures):

Q2: (31)
    Q3: 11
    Q4: (56)
    Q1: (68)
    Q2: (195)

Since Q3 of the last year you can see that the operating loss is increasing every year. There is no improvement in the results, it's quite the contrary. If we look closer it is even worse. The profit in Q2 last year was only achieved because Chen managed it to reduce the operating costs from $456 Mio. to $399 Mio. In Q3 he reduced the costs further to $374 Mio. However, since Q3 last year the operating costs are more or less stable at 380 Mio. What I believe is that there is no more potential to cut cost without changing the structure of the company as we know it today, in other words, without selling off parts of the company.
    Since it seems not possible for Chen to reduce the cost further every decrease in revenue will affect the operating profit/loss directly. In this quarter revenue fell short by $170 Mio. compared to last quarter. The operating loss increased by 130 Mio. ($40 Mio. in reduction of Cost of Goods sold).
    In my opinion BlackBerry would need a revenue of about $700 Mio. every quarter to be "back in the black". With revenue of below $700 Mio. BlackBerry won't be able to achieve sustainable operating profit (excluding fair value adjustments for the debentures)!! It does not have to be mentioned that BlackBerry is far from $700 Mio. right now.

But I also had a look at the cashflows:

Q2 Q3 Q4 Q1 Q2
    Cashflow: (32) 43 76 123 100
    Change in
    Positions: -54 -192 -74 -218

What you can see here is the reported free cashflow and the change of the positions (Property, Plant & Equipment; Accounts Receivables; Other Receivables).

If you take this into account then only the Q3 last year was really cashflow positive. This quarter there where $118 Mio. missing! The problem here is that Chen won't be able to do this much longer. "Accounts receivables" decreased already from over $600 Mio. to around $300 Mio., so did "PPE" decrease significantly and "other receivables". I believe that BlackBerry needs a revenue around $610 Mio. every quarter to be sustainably cashflow positive without decreasing "Accounts receivables" further and selling off property and buildings.

So what do I expect for the next two quarters?

Chen expects a modest growth in revenue for the next quarter. In my opinion this translates into revenue of maybe 505 Mio. to 510 Mio. or a little bit more. We know that Service-Revenue will continue to decline at the same rate (say 20 Mio.). Software-Revenue is going to grow organically by a number <10 Mio. On top of it there will be licensing-fees (say 20 Mio.) and AdHoc is going to be included (10 Mio.). The growth in Software will offset the decrease in Service-Revenue and contribute to the modest growth in revenue overall. However, this assumes that the Hardware-Business stays stable. And you can already see that everything comes down to the success of the Priv. If the Priv fails Chen will not be able to reach his goals and a failure could have severe consequences for the company. It's basically their last shot!
    For the current quarter I expect the sales to decrease further regarding the BB10 phones by at least 200,000. This is the number that the Priv needs to sell this quarter even though it is obviously not a full quarter. If the Priv fails to do so Chen won't be able to reach the target for the next quarters!

For Q4 I expect the Software-Revenue to increase further, at least be 25 Mio. compared to Q3 since Good will contribute around 40 Mio. But again this will only cover the decrease in Service-Revenue. The real growth has to come from the Hardware, at least for now. So again it will all depend on the success of the Priv.

If the Priv fails I do not see a chance for BlackBerry to stay in the Hardware business anymore. In this case they will have to sell the hardware devotion to cut down on cost even further and BlackBerry will not be able to exist as we know it. I do not have to mention what this means for the stock price? Maybe they will consider a takeover again? I think this is also the reason why they did not revealed any plans for new devices next year. They are going to wait to see how the Priv is selling. If it sells well (300,000 - 400,000) every quarter I am sure that they will release an Android Version of the Passport as soon as possible. On top of this they might offer an Android Full-touch device. For BlackBerry-Fans they probably will keep offering the Classic with OS10, at least for a while until they see whether they can convince government agencies etc. to switch to their Android versions.
    However, if the Priv fails to sell I highly doubt that we will see any further phones, regardless which version. In this case, I am afraid, is BlackBerry going to fight for their survival again.

I don't know what the chances of success are for the Priv. It looks like a cool phone but I am not sure how many people still want a slider? At least I personally don't know anyone that would buy a slider but I understand that BlackBerry has to differentiate itself if they want to be successful in the Android-market. If the Priv could capture a marketshare of .25 - .5 % of the entire Android-market this would be already a huge success.

Sorry for this long post. This is where I think BlackBerry stands today. If you disagree let me know! I would appreciate other opinions if they are backed up with numbers... :-)
    Interesting.
    I haven't followed numbers closely in a while. But even without looking at the numbers, it is true that it is really really really important for BlackBerry Android to be a success.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and techvisor like this.
    09-27-15 10:11 PM
    That's what I decided on Friday, too. 5-6 more months I think, to see how the Priv does. And see numbers/trends from the acquisitions.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    Really they need an android version of the Z30. Now THAT would sell well. IMHO

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, theRock1975 and techvisor like this.
    09-28-15 12:36 AM
    I just watched the podcast (BerryFlow Upstream Podcast - Requiem | CrackBerry.com) and suggest we all watch it. Afterwards, I had two ideas :

1. I sincerely hope that the Priv will have a never seen before security enhancement. Shall the device security be broken/bypassed by any mean, thei would have a terrible effect on the brand legitimity. Thus I hope they will not rush it out ... really.
    2. As I've been pretty much only thinking out loud lately, I should refrain, but can't. So there you go with my latest crazy idea. Oversalt it.
    I wonder if the Intel/QNX partnership woul not result in Intel's (processor/shipsets) drivers to be made for QNX platform. From there, how far fetched is it to believe next - if any - BB10 device could sit on Intel mobile platform ?
    Edit: to avoid further OT : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...rivers-1040468

Here you go, have a nice week guys !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-28-15 at 08:03 AM.
    09-28-15 04:41 AM
    RBC capital cuts BlackBerry price target to $8.00 and reiterated sector perform.
    rarsen, Mr BBRY and 3MIKE like this.
    09-28-15 06:14 AM
    They will be. They've been strong supporters of BlackBerry through thick and thin. Hope they get exclusive rights. Rogers still hasn't gotten a proper F-U from BlackBerry for their antics.

I expect this phone to do very, very well.
    To be spiteful towards any carriers serves no benefit whatsoever at this point. I've been with Rogers for about 20 years and received my Passport within the first two weeks of its release. This was well before anyone from Telus that I know of was able to get it.

The goal is to make it easy to obtain and not create any more friction with anyone from analysts to carriers. Confrontation solves nothing and will only serve to hurt our pocket books even further.
    rarsen, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    09-28-15 07:33 AM
    Let's get ready to rumble!
    Black against Black!
    The epic battle for hardened Android.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/28/bla...priv-decloaks/

Blackphone 2 Goes On Sale, As BlackBerry Priv Decloaks

You wait ages for the next gen of pro-privacy smartphones to come along and then a couple of contenders start making noise*at once�

Today Silent Circle�s Blackphone 2 has gone on sale � with an RRP of $799 (excluding taxes).*The company started taking pre-orders for the device*last month, having first announced the phone*back in March at the Mobile World Congress trade show.

Meanwhile, on Friday, BlackBerry CEO John Chen finally confirmed the various leaks pointing to a forthcoming Android-powered BlackBerry, due to go on sale by the end of this year in �major markets�. The BlackBerry Priv � as it�s called � runs �Google�, as Chen put it, while demoing the Qwerty slider to BNN. There�s no word on the Priv�s price-tag*at this point.

Silent Circle�s Blackphone targets the enterprise segment where BlackBerry used to dominate, before it fell behind the Android and iOS curve. Blackphone 2 runs the company�s security-hardened flavor*of Android, now called*Silent OS. And although this is an Android fork it*now includes Google services � such as the*Play Store*� as well as*support for Google�s Android For*Work program, to check the*IT department�s �mobile device management� box.

Silent Circle says the handset is the*first component of its cloud-based Enterprise Privacy Platform � which comprises a suite of services, software*and devices all aimed at appealing to enterprise users by baking in privacy. It�s also certified with existing MDM systems, including MobileIron, Citrix, Good and SOTI.

And while,*on the surface, the phone�s OS now*looks more like A N Other standard Android handset, a spokesman for Silent Circle asserts*that under the hood key security-focused differences remain. �They�ve worked closer with Google than they did before, which is why you�ll see that the Android platform is a much truer version. But SilentOS� is built deep into the phone so everything that sits on it is very much an enhanced version of Android,� he says.

The Blackphone hardware offers a vehicle for Silent Circle�s existing encrypted comms apps, such as Silent Phone � which are also available on other company�s hardware*� but the handset*also includes additional features such as Security Center, where users can granularly tweak app permissions, and a sandboxing feature called Spaces that offers separate secure environments to put barriers*between*personal and*business data.

The original Blackphone included subscriptions to a variety of pro-privacy third party services. But SilentOS now bakes in more features so, while there�s a one-year subscription to Silent Circle�s services included in the price-tag, there�s no longer the range of*third party subscription services that were included with the debut handset.

�What has been developed a lot more is actually what is available on the phone itself,� says*the*spokesman, discussing the shift away from bundling in third party subscription services.*�Before you didn�t have access to things like Spaces, the Security Center, these aspects of the phone have been directly built into the new phone, which didn�t exist before.

�The wi-fi manager is more than simply managing connections � it provides you with an extra layer of security where if you�re in an area where there�s an insecure network it helps prevent making a connection, unless you specify you�re comfortable with allowing it to happen, which you wouldn�t get with any other traditional wi-fi systems.�

And*whereas the original Blackphone bundled a subscription to*secure cloud storage and file transfer service SpiderOak, the spokesman*notes that secure file*transfers can now be done via the Silent Phone application � which allows for files of up to 1GB to be transferred via its*encrypted network.

As well as Google Play on board Blackphone 2, there�s also a Blackphone*app store which aims to offer a curated selection of apps security reviewed by Silent Circle staff. As yet there aren�t*many apps in this store but the spokesman says*the aim is to start fleshing that out now.*�They�re going to begin filling that over the next few months,� he notes. �There�s also going to be applications available on Google Play that get put through a rigorous series of tests by the security team and engineering team within Silent Circle.

�And then you�re going to almost have applications that sit in that store which although they�re linked directly through to Google Play, [you�ll have] the peace of mind and knowledge that they�ve gone through a thorough testing process. And any applications that would sit in that store are ones which are highly secure, unlikely to be leaking any of your data.�

Specs wise, the*Blackphone 2 beefs up the original handset�s hardware with a larger, 5.5inch screen,*an*Octa-core Qualcomm*processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB of internal storage plus a Micro SD card*slot for user expandable storage,*and a 13-megapixel camera.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-28-15 08:16 AM
    Geez Louise....
    This is the worst title I've seen yet.
    I'm going to leave the link out. I'm sure you can all guess how flattering it is.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150928_101921.png

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-28-15 08:25 AM
    Let's get ready to rumble!
    Black against Black!
    The epic battle for hardened Android.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/28/bla...priv-decloaks/

Blackphone 2 Goes On Sale, As BlackBerry Priv Decloaks

You wait ages for the next gen of pro-privacy smartphones to come along and then a couple of contenders start making noise*at once�

Today Silent Circle�s Blackphone 2 has gone on sale � with an RRP of $799 (excluding taxes).*The company started taking pre-orders for the device*last month, having first announced the phone*back in March at the Mobile World Congress trade show.

Meanwhile, on Friday, BlackBerry CEO John Chen finally confirmed the various leaks pointing to a forthcoming Android-powered BlackBerry, due to go on sale by the end of this year in �major markets�. The BlackBerry Priv � as it�s called � runs �Google�, as Chen put it, while demoing the Qwerty slider to BNN. There�s no word on the Priv�s price-tag*at this point.

Silent Circle�s Blackphone targets the enterprise segment where BlackBerry used to dominate, before it fell behind the Android and iOS curve. Blackphone 2 runs the company�s security-hardened flavor*of Android, now called*Silent OS. And although this is an Android fork it*now includes Google services � such as the*Play Store*� as well as*support for Google�s Android For*Work program, to check the*IT department�s �mobile device management� box.

Silent Circle says the handset is the*first component of its cloud-based Enterprise Privacy Platform � which comprises a suite of services, software*and devices all aimed at appealing to enterprise users by baking in privacy. It�s also certified with existing MDM systems, including MobileIron, Citrix, Good and SOTI.

And while,*on the surface, the phone�s OS now*looks more like A N Other standard Android handset, a spokesman for Silent Circle asserts*that under the hood key security-focused differences remain. �They�ve worked closer with Google than they did before, which is why you�ll see that the Android platform is a much truer version. But SilentOS� is built deep into the phone so everything that sits on it is very much an enhanced version of Android,� he says.

The Blackphone hardware offers a vehicle for Silent Circle�s existing encrypted comms apps, such as Silent Phone � which are also available on other company�s hardware*� but the handset*also includes additional features such as Security Center, where users can granularly tweak app permissions, and a sandboxing feature called Spaces that offers separate secure environments to put barriers*between*personal and*business data.

The original Blackphone included subscriptions to a variety of pro-privacy third party services. But SilentOS now bakes in more features so, while there�s a one-year subscription to Silent Circle�s services included in the price-tag, there�s no longer the range of*third party subscription services that were included with the debut handset.

�What has been developed a lot more is actually what is available on the phone itself,� says*the*spokesman, discussing the shift away from bundling in third party subscription services.*�Before you didn�t have access to things like Spaces, the Security Center, these aspects of the phone have been directly built into the new phone, which didn�t exist before.

�The wi-fi manager is more than simply managing connections � it provides you with an extra layer of security where if you�re in an area where there�s an insecure network it helps prevent making a connection, unless you specify you�re comfortable with allowing it to happen, which you wouldn�t get with any other traditional wi-fi systems.�

And*whereas the original Blackphone bundled a subscription to*secure cloud storage and file transfer service SpiderOak, the spokesman*notes that secure file*transfers can now be done via the Silent Phone application � which allows for files of up to 1GB to be transferred via its*encrypted network.

As well as Google Play on board Blackphone 2, there�s also a Blackphone*app store which aims to offer a curated selection of apps security reviewed by Silent Circle staff. As yet there aren�t*many apps in this store but the spokesman says*the aim is to start fleshing that out now.*�They�re going to begin filling that over the next few months,� he notes. �There�s also going to be applications available on Google Play that get put through a rigorous series of tests by the security team and engineering team within Silent Circle.

�And then you�re going to almost have applications that sit in that store which although they�re linked directly through to Google Play, [you�ll have] the peace of mind and knowledge that they�ve gone through a thorough testing process. And any applications that would sit in that store are ones which are highly secure, unlikely to be leaking any of your data.�

Specs wise, the*Blackphone 2 beefs up the original handset�s hardware with a larger, 5.5inch screen,*an*Octa-core Qualcomm*processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB of internal storage plus a Micro SD card*slot for user expandable storage,*and a 13-megapixel camera.

Posted via CB10
    This article is nothing but a sales pitch for Black Phone! Let's not forget that the Black Phone was hacked.
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    09-28-15 08:29 AM
    http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile...assport-bb-103

Nice article.
    Apologies if already Corbu'd. I mean posted.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    09-28-15 08:42 AM
113,250 ... 35783579358035813582 ...