View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I agree with all of the above comments. Wow blackberry... just wow. I hope they come out with a "just kidding " moment.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    techvisor likes this.
    09-23-15 09:14 PM
    Should have looked first. Hopefully that leak was terribly misguided. We can only pray.
    09-23-15 09:18 PM
    It's still not officially announced, so hopefully they change it? I just hope they didn't make any packaging or anything yet. Yikes.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    09-23-15 09:37 PM
    BlackBerry Venice seems to be generating some interest, if a two day old youtube video is any indication:

Attachment 372377
    But why just cause BB10 users are finally warming up to Android replacing BB10?!

I mean wee need quality compnents!:
    Voice signal - does it have Paratek of better antennae tech in use?!
    Screen, are we getting 1080P this time? Is it using a high end IPS type display that when we adjust brightness there is a significant range not like we see mediocre on Z10?!!
    Camera quality are we talking mega pixel bull or real OIS hardware stabilization?!
    Slider hardware what kind of hardware quality control over the lifetime of the product cycle are we talking here, really?!!!
    Speaker sensitivity decibel levels and quality of sound (real hertz not that Beats bull crap ratings).

So much more but you feel me here?!

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    09-23-15 09:38 PM
    If one of you overly optimistic could spin this into a positive, I'd greatly appreciate it. All I've got is British toilet humor to work with.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-23-15 09:43 PM
    If one of you overly optimistic could spin this into a positive, I'd greatly appreciate it. All I've got is British toilet humor to work with.
    Nah it's good, pretty girl name glady still pretty girl.
    09-23-15 09:46 PM
    That name is so bad for a company that is on come back fight. Whoever that came up with it should be fired and never rehired.

Posted via CA Governor's BlackBerry� Passport SE
    CDM76 and techvisor like this.
    09-23-15 09:47 PM
    Nah it's good, pretty girl name glady still pretty girl.
    Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we've found our marketing exec. Break out the torches and pitchforks! I know where he lives.
    Ecm, gvs1341, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    09-23-15 09:53 PM
    BlackBerry Prime sounds a lot better :-)

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 09:53 PM
    Does anyone know how it's pronounced? Everyone's jumping to conclusions based on the look of the word. If it's intended to mimic and be pronounced like "priv�" then it's classy and hits the mark. France is always leading the edge of high fashion and this follows suit. Pardon the pun.

Exclusivity and elegance - what it takes to become "cool" again.

If it's pronounced priv like "cliff", or prive like "drive" then I take it all back and it's a bad name.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 10:18 PM
    Does anyone know how it's pronounced? Everyone's jumping to conclusions based on the look of the word. If it's intended to mimic and be pronounced like "priv�" then it's classy and hits the mark. France is always leading the edge of high fashion and this follows suit. Pardon the pun.

Exclusivity and elegance - what it takes to become "cool" again.

If it's pronounced priv like "cliff", or prive like "drive" then I take it all back and it's a bad name.

Posted via CB10
    priv�y
    ˈprivē/

noun
    noun: privy; plural noun: privies
    a toilet located in a small shed outside a house or other building; an outhouse.

You may wish to rethink that.
    09-23-15 10:22 PM
    I think you're right.... it's not gonna be like priv as in "give".... it'll be pronounced priv� as in priv-eh.... the french word
    09-23-15 10:27 PM
    It's the "European" way of calling something I think..... Like convertible cars are called the French word "Cabriolet"
    09-23-15 10:29 PM
    It's the "European" way of calling something I think..... Like convertible cars are called the French word "Cabriolet"
    I know y'all are trying to help, but it's British for toilet ffs.
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-23-15 10:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 11:00 PM
    If Chen has decided that 'Priv' is a good name, then it's a good name. If the world disagree, the world are wrong.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-24-15 01:11 AM
    priv�y
    ˈprivē/

noun
    noun: privy; plural noun: privies
    a toilet located in a small shed outside a house or other building; an outhouse.

You may wish to rethink that.
    Where did I write privy? I don't know if cb10 screws up characters but wrote the French word priv�. It's an E with an acute accent over it. I'm sure Superfly can help you out in the translation and pronunciation of it.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 01:49 AM
    I know y'all are trying to help, but it's British for toilet ffs.
    Worst than that - where I am from in the UK it's the word for a particular type - an outdoor one that we also refer to as a "sh*thouse" - is anyone awake or not doing drugs over at Blackberry marketing?

"Oh what's your new phone John looks good?"

"it's a Blackberry em... Priv"

"hey everyone John's got a Blackberry Sh*thouse".
    BigBadWulf, Bilaal and techvisor like this.
    09-24-15 01:54 AM
    Priv is too close to privy...that's got jokes written all over it. 'The Priv'...fitting name for a company going down the toilet, etc., etc...

Hopefully, that's just nonsense and they don't release it with that utterly absurd appellation. Leap was bad enough. Surely they won't go with Priv...

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    09-24-15 01:55 AM
    Where did I write privy? I don't know if cb10 screws up characters but wrote the French word priv�. It's an E with an acute accent over it. I'm sure Superfly can help you out in the translation and pronunciation of it.
    Posted via CB10
    Priv� sounds like "prevay" or the likes. It's a stylish word if you ask me. But accents and international aren't good friends.

PRIV 8 is optimistic enough ?
    I'd like that (me, myself and I)
    3MIKE, rarsen, BigBadWulf and 3 others like this.
    09-24-15 02:58 AM
    Someone asked for a positive spin, as if there isn't one possible. I would just wait for an official word before jumping to conclusions, but here goes:

pRIV as in pR4. Instead of iPhones, a personal phone, now we have pPhones, a private phone. So pR4, a private phone revision or version iv.

Good day gang!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 05:46 AM
    Someone asked for a positive spin, as if there isn't one possible. I would just wait for an official word before jumping to conclusions, but here goes:

pRIV as in pR4. Instead of iPhones, a personal phone, now we have pPhones, a private phone. So pR4, a private phone revision or version iv.

Good day gang!

Posted via CB10
    This is how we start conspiracy theories. Lol
    BigBadWulf and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-24-15 05:58 AM

Good day gang!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry's new spokesperson...

09-24-15 06:44 AM
    Worst than that - where I am from in the UK it's the word for a particular type - an outdoor one that we also refer to as a "sh*thouse" - is anyone awake or not doing drugs over at Blackberry marketing?

"Oh what's your new phone John looks good?"

"it's a Blackberry em... Priv"

"hey everyone John's got a Blackberry Sh*thouse".
    I've tried to find any connection between the word Priv and what you're suggesting.. I just can't find it Could you pls show me a text, or slang dictionary which confirms it's the outside toilet?
    09-24-15 06:45 AM
    I've tried to find any connection between the word Priv and what you're suggesting.. I just can't find it Could you pls show me a text, or slang dictionary which confirms it's the outside toilet?
    Anecdotal, but , yes, 'priv' is sometimes short for privy. It's not in common use, but I've heard it before too.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 06:54 AM
113,250 ... 35653566356735683569 ...