View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well, for once we can notice "street expectations" are quite low. Hopefully we can beat that. Another Patent deal ?
    I totally agree! I would really like to know how BlackBerry Classic did this quarter? It's been a full quarter and I am also confident that the Passport has been on a steady pace. The Leap????????

I have hit bottom (joking) and think BlackBerry has also done so. I consider this quarter the transition quarter for BlackBerry.
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    09-21-15 12:57 PM
    I totally agree! I would really like to know how BlackBerry Classic did this quarter? It's been a full quarter and I am also confident that the Passport has been on a steady pace. The Leap????????

I have hit bottom (joking) and think BlackBerry has also done so. I consider this quarter the transition quarter for BlackBerry.
    I think device sales come in at 7xx K. That would hurt revs which would be in the 5xx s. Long term no biggy....but I think the numbers will allow a final push lower for the bears and shortys
    09-21-15 01:30 PM
    Nothing special but another rather positive article on the upcoming device:
    The BlackBerry Venice just might bring the attention BlackBerry needs | PhoneDog

Getting pretty good media exposure, I would say!

Let's hope all this goodwill materializes itself concretely.
    09-21-15 02:19 PM
    I think device sales come in at 7xx K. That would hurt revs which would be in the 5xx s. Long term no biggy....but I think the numbers will allow a final push lower for the bears and shortys
    The device numbers, I have no clue. My crystal ball is foggy. Without those numbers everything is up in the air. What I really want to know beside the bottom number, would be if people have the choice or not of OS for the Venice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The future holds what we don't know but any bread crumb would be welcomed.
    09-21-15 02:22 PM
    OT

When it rains, it pours

iOS 9 security flaw lets hackers bypass passcode

iOS 9 update issues, Watch OS 2 delays, App Store hacks, security flaws, it's peak for Apple right now..
    09-21-15 02:47 PM
    Indeed Bilaal, but look at what is coming!
    Apple Speeds Up Electric-Car Work - WSJ
    09-21-15 03:03 PM
    OT

When it rains, it pours

iOS 9 security flaw lets hackers bypass passcode

iOS 9 update issues, Watch OS 2 delays, App Store hacks, security flaws, it's peak for Apple right now..
    Nah. Just like rumors that Blackberry will go out of business, these kinds of things pop up all the time, a lot of hay is made by people who don't even use Apple products, and not much comes of them in the long run.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    09-21-15 05:04 PM
    Nah. Just like rumors that Blackberry will go out of business, these kinds of things pop up all the time, a lot of hay is made by people who don't even use Apple products, and not much comes of them in the long run.
    So if I'm a corporation and I see such a thing, will I close my eyes to what I have read? I have always known what is being said about such companies and always have trusted my BlackBerry world. BlackBerry thanks for the piece of mind that I currently have!
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-21-15 at 05:54 PM.
    Corbu, 3MIKE, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    09-21-15 05:16 PM
    09-21-15 05:39 PM
    09-21-15 06:17 PM
    2,85 is a little bit more on the positive side !
    I think the analysts are being too cautious to predict that the stock is going higher than that. But hey ! What else can I say... I'm an optimist!
    chrysaurora and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-21-15 06:50 PM
    2,85 is a little bit more on the positive side !
    I think the analysts are being too cautious to predict that the stock is going higher than that. But hey ! What else can I say... I'm an optimist!
    You and me!

Sooner or later they will be on the right side of the equation. If I'm correct 5 is sell and 1 is buy and last time Zacks said anything about BlackBerry they were on the sell side of the fence. In a few more quarters they will be screaming BUY.

You can always join my optimist group? Lol
    3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-21-15 07:01 PM
    Like BBRY, GOOD also acquired a few companies, all in 2014
    Good purchased Boxtone for $101m.
    some info on Boxtone: BoxTone's mission is to Make Mobile Run Better.
    The BoxTone Enterprise Mobility Management platform powers wide-scale, mission-critical enterprise mobility. BoxTone’s Mobile Device Management automates security and compliance controls delivering the control IT needs. Its Mobile Support Management provides end-to-end visibility and automated problem remediation enabling the supportability users demand. Finally, BoxTone’s Mobile Operations Management proactive real-time monitoring and environment tuning provide the reliability the business requires.
    Through a combination of Mobile Device Management and Mobile Service Management BoxTone provides the complete solution for running your mobile deployment.
    The De Facto Standard in Enterprise Mobility Management
    3.5 million devices managed
    600+ customers globally
    42 of Fortune� 100
    4 of top 5 U.S. banks
    4 of top 5 U.S. federal agencies
    3 of top 5 AMLAW 100
    8 of top 10 mobility MSPs
    90+% customer renewal rates
    90+% customer satisfaction rate

Good bought Fixmo for $22.4m.

the history here is interesting as although GOOD acquired them, in Jan 2013 Samsung Venture Investment Corp. bought a stake in Canadian security software maker Fixmo Inc. to extend the Asian company’s growth with business and government clients traditionally served by Research In Motion Ltd.

Fixmo sells security software including Sentinel and SafeZone it has developed with the U.S. National Security Agency to bolster device safety. The Toronto-based company secured $23 million from investors including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in 2011 and has secured more than $40 million in investment to date, Segal said.
    Last edited by kadakn01; 09-22-15 at 12:45 AM.
    BanffMoose, dusdal, 3MIKE and 13 others like this.
    09-22-15 12:02 AM
    Like BBRY, GOOD also acquired a few companies, all in 2014
    Good purchased Boxtone for $164.2m.
    s

Good bought Fixmo for $22.4m.

the history here is interesting as although GOOD acquired them, in Jan 2013 Samsung Venture Investment Corp. bought a stake in Canadian security software maker Fixmo Inc. to extend the Asian company�s growth with business and government clients traditionally served by Research In Motion Ltd.
    Didn't the US DoD contract with Fixmo to implement their EMM solution instead of waiting for BES10? If so, now BlackBerry owns that DoD contractor and they own Good who the US Navy selected. Yup. BlackBerry is the crazy ex. US Military is back to working with BlackBerry, their single source service provider. LOL

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 12:20 AM
    Didn't the US DoD contract with Fixmo to implement their EMM solution instead of waiting for BES10? If so, now BlackBerry owns that DoD contractor and they own Good who the US Navy selected. Yup. BlackBerry is the crazy ex. US Military is back to working with BlackBerry, their single source service provider. LOL

Posted via CB10
    Yep.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and Greened like this.
    09-22-15 05:26 AM
    "BlackBerry Ltd has seen an almost 5 percent improvement in its share price over the past month.

According to the RBC Capital report, the integration of Good Technology �suggests organic MDM acceleration may be a few quarters out with incremental opex near-term.�

The company is slated to report its earnings results on September 25. Sue anticipates BlackBerry to report a sharp year-on-year decline in SAF revenues. Although the software and other contributions are growing, they are still too small to offset this decline. Sue also anticipates the company to report loss per share of $0.11, representing opex of $319 million...."

http://www.stocksnewswire.com/u-s-st...group-nysecfg/

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 06:00 AM
    MORGAN STANLEY & CO. LLC
    James E Faucette

September 22, 2015
    BlackBerry Ltd.

FQ2 Preview

Industry View: Cautious
    Stock Rating: Equal-weight
    Price Target: $7.00

We continue to focus on software revenue, which will likely need to demonstrate significant upside to our current forecasts in order to maintain current opex levels without compromising the balance sheet.

Licensing represents biggest variable to Q2 results but is neutral to business fundamentals. On the May earnings call, management announced that it had struck two technology licensing agreements and expectations for additional licensing opportunities. As such we are estimating licensing revenue of $30mm in Q2 and $155mm for FY16. We do not think there is a deep pool of large licensees, and until BlackBerry can demonstrate recurring revenue from licensing agreements, we are apt to treat these opportunities as one-time events. Although licensing revenue provides management with an additional means to maintain its cash balance while funding investments in devices and software, we think the added flexibility is achieved at the expense of liquidating the long-term standalone value the IP portfolio may have.

Software execution remains in focus amidst tough mobile security environment. Our current software and messaging revenue forecast of $77mm in Q2 and $327mm for FY16 does not include inorganic contributions from the pending acquisition of Good Technology. Our Q2 estimate is a 7% sequential increase from the May quarter, contemplating an uptick in BES 12 subscribers likely from converting the EZ Pass install base. But even with subscriber gains we reiterate our caution on the mobile security market, which is likely seeing substantial pricing pressure as AirWatch and Microsoft offer bundled enterprise software solutions and customers demand productivity features beyond “lock-it-down” device management. From a security budget standpoint, we think CIOs are prioritizing broader threat detection/analytics solutions over standalone device security solutions.

Without sustained software growth, hardware likely to be source of further opex cuts. We continue to see weak demand for BlackBerry handsets, and we believe our estimates of 1mm devices recognized in Q2 and 4mm for FY16 are likely insufficient to maintain a profitable handset business. We do not think launching Android-based BlackBerry devices will improve prospects, noting (amongst other factors) maturation of the handset market, the declining industry profit pool and competition from lower ASP models. At the current level of growth modeled for software revenue, we think management will have to resort to opex cuts in its hardware segment in order to preserve its net cash balance and optionality.

Remain EW on cash balance and flexibility. Our $7 PT is 4-5x our forecast for a $400mm/yr software and messaging business and $3.50-$3.75/share in cash. In our view, the flexibility of the balance sheet outweighs poor business fundamentals for the time being. Without a more significant uptick in BES 12 revenue, we think the company will have to continue acquiring revenue to maintain current opex levels. While the cash spent on acquiring Good Technology removes some of the flexibility, the opportunity to cut costs both in the core business and acquired assets leaves us EW.
    09-22-15 07:06 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-bbry-1039475/

Russell Andrade (@russell_andrade), product manager for the Native SDK, left BlackBerry:
    09-22-15 07:11 AM
    John Murray and BlackBerry parted ways on August 28th. Something is definitely up..

https://twitter.com/jcmrim
    09-22-15 07:19 AM
    09-22-15 07:22 AM
    Is it weird that I am neither looking forward to nor excited about earning call at all? Despite having 90% of my portfolio in BBRY calls?
    I am just looking forward to BlackBerry Slider launch!!!!
    morganplus8, 3MIKE and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-22-15 09:14 AM
    Is it weird that I am neither looking forward to nor excited about earning call at all? Despite having 90% of my portfolio in BBRY calls?
    I am just looking forward to BlackBerry Slider launch!!!!
    You did it again? Or simply still have what you bought last time?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-22-15 09:24 AM
    You did it again? Or simply still have what you bought last time?

Posted via CB10
    Answer depends on how far we are looking back?
    Yes, the first set of options expired worthless in 2014.
    After that, I bought another set several several months ago. I am still holding those. Of these, half expires in Jan 2016 and other half 2017. I think after Android Berry is launched, the 2017 are going to make me a lot of money. Enough to break-even on prior 2014 losses.
    3MIKE likes this.
    09-22-15 09:29 AM
    http://rapidmobile.biz/android/news-...n-governments/

Samsung and Sectra*have entered a technical partnership to integrate the Samsung KNOX platform in Sectra�s solution for secure smartphone communication.

A first delivery of the next-generation secure smartphone, which is the result of this cooperation, is currently being rolled out to a European defense organization.

There is increasing demand within security-conscious sectors for a smartphone that provides full usability, without compromising on security.

Sectra�s encryption solution for smartphones, Sectra Tiger/R, is a response to this demand, enabling the use of smartphones to securely communicate classified information over mobile networks.

It is designed for use at the RESTRICTED security classification level.

�Through the cooperation with Samsung and the integration of Samsung KNOX in our Tiger solution, we have combined our expertise in encryption technology and Samsung�s advanced knowledge in platform security,� says Michael Bertilsson, President of Sectra Communications.

�This strategic cooperation with Samsung allows us to focus on meeting our users� needs in terms of communications security, availability, and mobility in an environment where new threats against smartphones appear on an increasing basis.�

Posted via CB10
    awindsr and 3MIKE like this.
    09-22-15 09:34 AM
    09-22-15 10:09 AM
113,250 ... 35613562356335643565 ...