View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    BlackBerry to open a 160 m2 shop (a first, if I am not mistaken) in Frankfurt on September 23, 2015...

https://bb10qnx.de/2015/09/1-blackbe...eptember-2015/
    What is a 160 m2 shop?

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!

EDIT: I saw the answer further down the thread
    Last edited by ZayDub; 09-16-15 at 06:20 PM.
    09-16-15 06:03 PM
    BlackBerry to open a 160 m2 shop (a first, if I am not mistaken) in Frankfurt on September 23, 2015...

Rumours of Venice launching next week (maybe not quite selling yet) and now a BlackBerry store opening at the same time. But no press event scheduled next week?

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    09-16-15 06:24 PM
    Rumours of Venice launching next week (maybe not quite selling yet) and now a BlackBerry store opening at the same time. But no press event scheduled next week?

Posted via CB10
    The store is a test model if it is the first one. No big announcement should occur.

Venice has to be announced prior to a launch. Expect the announcement early next month.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    09-16-15 09:54 PM

Corbu, thanks for everything you others do for this thread!

Cheers mate!
    09-17-15 06:12 AM
    Its a good move from Blackberry.

I hope we will see at least a BB Shop in every western european country; and I'd like the french one in Toulouse, city of Airbus, a big Blackberry user
    09-17-15 06:38 AM
    Thanks bbjdog! Much appreciated!

By the way, my contacts in Germany tell me that BlackBerry once had a store (or stores?) there. And those were closed in 2013. Still, this opening is interesting. No idea yet of whether this one will be followed by others, etc.

Cheers and keep up the great work!
    09-17-15 06:43 AM
    Its a good move from Blackberry.

I hope we will see at least a BB Shop in every western european country; and I'd like the french one in Toulouse, city of Airbus, a big Blackberry user
    Oui absolument, Christophe! Do you know if BB once had stores in France?
    09-17-15 06:45 AM
    Thanks bbjdog! Much appreciated!

By the way, my contacts in Germany tell me that BlackBerry once had a store (or stores?) there. And those were closed in 2013. Still, this opening is interesting. No idea yet of whether this one will be followed by others, etc.

Cheers and keep up the great work!
    Thanks mate! If I am reading this right, BlackBerry/Secusmart must be doing something right in Germany. Let's keep this train rolling at a steady pace.

Cheers

Edit: I believe the stores in Germany were a Vodafone and BlackBerry store in Berlin. Not one hundred percent sure, maybe your contacts can tell you.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-17-15 at 07:10 AM.
    09-17-15 06:56 AM
    For Blackberry, the shift is happening: Sandeep Chennakesu | Business Standard News

Blackberry Ltd , which had initiated measures to turnaround its dwindling device sales sometime back said its plans have started to become visible. As the company has been earning about a quarter of its revenue from software and other value added services, Sandeep Chennakesu, president of its Technology Solution division, during an interaction with Sadananda Mohapatra said the shift is happening for the phone maker. Edited excerpts below.

What is the change Blackberry witnessing?

Our focus is to build a portfolio which has large number of services. We sell software to enterprise clients, monetise our patents and technology solution for specific needs which is my business. The shift is happening, and with time, other business will have increasing contribution.

What is the contribution of these additional business compared with your core business?

We do not disclose segmental revenue. Our software segment (comprising additional business) is growing significantly. These additional businesses are adding, and kind of offsetting little bit of the decline in other business.

Can you tell us the things Technology Solution division doing within Blackberry?

We build software for audio video unit in cars, we have solution for call optimisation for smart phones, we have security software for corporates, and plan to to launch software for connected cars and an asset tracking device soon as part of our Internet of Things (IoT) offering. We are a growing division and hope the new initiatives will start making money from next year onwards.

There are many players already talking about IoT and other enterprise business. Why do you think Blackberry is different?

A lot of people are talking about it, but the deployment is very less. The market is also very fragmented. For example, for a truck intending to transmit data into a server and then to end user via a device, you need collaboration of device maker, software designer and network transmission. I think we provide end-to-end solution for such offering, and besides, customers know data transmission security ability of Blackberry.

Going forward, which areas you see will have have better business?

We offer a variety of solution to enterprise clients such as secured messaging, secured data transmission, secure document sharing. We have recently made acquisitions which will strengthen our offerings in these areas. We see a lot of potential through our acquisitions and our organic growth.

Where do you see Blackberry in future?

No body can see future (laughs). In our quarterly report, John Chen (CEO) has said that he is transforming Blackberry. It will not be seen just as a device maker. I think we are moving in right direction.
    09-17-15 06:57 AM
    http://indianexpress.com/article/tec...-tracking-box/

BlackBerrys next big bet could be an asset-tracking box
    The rugged, weather-proof BlackBerry box has an IP67 rating and a built-in battery that can easily last five years

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 08:27 AM
    and plan to to launch software for connected cars
    I suspect the translation may be approximative here, but ... software launch ?
    Is that something over QNX a la Car Play ?
    lech31, Mr BBRY and Corbu like this.
    09-17-15 08:38 AM
    OT:

Looks like another winner from the IBB sector and a good buy from our discussion last week...

TG Therapeutics Agrees On Phase 3 Protocol In Trial Of Drug Combo For Leukemia -- Shares Up More Than 6%
    less than 1 minute ago by MT Newswires
    Companies Mentioned: TGTX
    07:55 AM EDT, 09/17/2015 (MT Newswires) -- TG Therapeutics (TGTX) a biopharmaceutical company, has reached an agreement with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on a Special Protocol Assessment in the design of a Phase 3 trial for the combination...

Keeping fingers crossed that BB will have its day very soon as well!
    Jahcure, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    09-17-15 08:39 AM
    BlackBerry?s next big bet could be an ?asset-tracking box? | The Indian Express

BlackBerry’s next big bet could be an ‘asset-tracking box’
    The rugged, weather-proof BlackBerry box has an IP67 rating and a built-in battery that can easily last five years

Posted via CB10
    Makes sense 100%.
    I like that.
    09-17-15 08:42 AM
    If any doubts.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150917_093214.png

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    09-17-15 09:32 AM
    I am sick and tired and depressed of all these BlackBerry Venice / Slider leaks. I WANT it now and the more leaks I see the more unhappy I get with my Q10. Few weeks ago, Q10 was perfectly awesome phone but now all of a sudden it has aged 10 years in my eyes. I want the SLIDER now.

Hopefully a lot of existing BB users think the same way and upgrade to Slider (giving us a huge sales boost) and of course I hope if convince even 3% of high-end Android market in in developed countries, we'd do really well and our shares will do even BETTER
    3MIKE and awindsr like this.
    09-17-15 09:33 AM
    If any doubts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150917_093214.png 
Views:	1915 
Size:	267.1 KB 
ID:	371784

Posted via CB10
    Venice (5.4") and Venice+ (5.8")? :P

Posted via CB10
    bbjdog, Mr BBRY and La Emperor like this.
    09-17-15 09:45 AM
    http://indianexpress.com/article/tec...-tracking-box/

BlackBerrys next big bet could be an asset-tracking box

Posted via CB10
    Damn, I knew there was a reason I'm long BBRY. This could be huuuuuge.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 09:51 AM
    If any doubts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150917_093214.png 
Views:	1915 
Size:	267.1 KB 
ID:	371784

Posted via CB10
    Hey! That Mr. Freeze guy looks familiar.
    09-17-15 09:52 AM
    Venice (5.4") and Venice+ (5.8")? :P

Posted via CB10
    Lol. They must be measuring it at the RIGHT time.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and La Emperor like this.
    09-17-15 10:06 AM
    If you are on twitter - check here - Chen currently speaking as business event.
    09-17-15 10:18 AM
    Oui absolument, Christophe! Do you know if BB once had stores in France?
    No, I do not know... sorry.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    09-17-15 10:23 AM
    09-17-15 10:24 AM
    Will copy/paste here, expect multiple edits. done !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png

You can give gang credits for that !

#Boom (I'm out for my funky theory !) (her = Merkel, I'd Guess]

Yeah, right, John !

#valuation : Analysts do your job !

Love that !

Stay in the hoods ... sounds familliar !

#MoveForward
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-17-15 at 11:14 AM.
    09-17-15 10:34 AM
    Where can we follow that in Live? any website that streams that?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 10:48 AM
    #WINS15 on Twitter ...
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-17-15 10:50 AM
106,806 ... 35533554355535563557 ...