View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%

As I'm sure many of you know, knee osteoarthritis is a major problem worldwide and PDSV thinks they can deliver a time released dosage that lasts for up to 6 months. As it is now, the majority of patients see their doctor for injections as soon as 2 weeks. My father, who is a Doctor, receives his injection every week. So this is huge potential in a broad market for a technology that exists for PSDV.
    First off, thanks to Morgan and all the others that contribute to this thread. I've been a long time lurker and have learned a lot. I think I finally have something useful, although OT, to post and I thought I'd add onto Morgan's statement about the osteoarthritis treatment PSDV is working on. In the questions part of the earnings report someone asked about 6 month time frame and PSDV responded by saying their implant could last for years and they have the technology to allow for outpatient recharges of the medication:

"Just to be clear, we're looking at severe osteoarthritis in patients who are otherwise contemplating a total knee replacement surgery. Now the -- so this first study, we're looking at six-month implants, but we can certainly extend the duration of the implant once we're sure that we have the right dose. We can make these things last for years if that is appropriate. We also have a system whereby you can essentially recharge the implant in an outpatient procedure. So to answer your question, one, yes six months, by design for this particular study that's coming up that allows us -- we have the technology certainly to extend it much longer than that. And in addition, we can -- we have the device already designed that allows central drug-bearing [core] to be recharged; it's a refillable device."

If their implant proves successful it could be giant money maker for them.
    09-11-15 06:51 AM
    iPhone, BlackBerry or Samsung: Which smartphones do we hold onto the longest? | ZDNet

The average US smartphone user keeps their device for about 22 months before replacing it with a newer model, according to data from Kantar WorldPanel, but that figure varies significantly by brand.

According to its data, US consumers are holding onto their Blackberrys for the longest amount of time (32 months), while Microsoft Lumia devices have the shortest replacement cycle (16 months). Apple's average replacement cycle is 25 months, while Samsung's is 18 months
    09-11-15 07:32 AM
    09-11-15 08:12 AM
    I don't recall if this has already been posted. Not uninteresting:
    PatentVue by Envision IP
    Apple's Force Touch is already patented by BlackBerry
    morganplus8, jxnb, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    09-11-15 09:13 AM
    I don't recall if this has already been posted. Not uninteresting:
    PatentVue by Envision IP
    Apple's Force Touch is already patented by BlackBerry
    I have seen this. I think Apple's works little differently and they'd be able to avoid lawsuit. With Apple, you press the screen (first click) but if you continue pressing it with more force, the screen goes another level down (second click).

With Surepress, there is only one level of click.
    09-11-15 09:49 AM
    Thanks M+8 for the PSDV review...I'm a shareholder of theirs too now and like what I see...I'd be thrilled with a $10 party on this one!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    09-11-15 01:44 PM
    I have seen this. I think Apple's works little differently and they'd be able to avoid lawsuit. With Apple, you press the screen (first click) but if you continue pressing it with more force, the screen goes another level down (second click).

With Surepress, there is only one level of click.
    Blackberry has the first step covered, in order for Apple to continue to second level, they will be infringing on BlackBerry patent. This is my opinion, but I'm not a lawyer. So take it as my opinion without merits.

Here is a little info on Surepress.

http://global.blackberry.com/en/devi...elpage=desktop

When Surepress was released by BlackBerry on the storm we had this thread created (link below). But let's look into the present and see what will be said about Apple.

http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-r...-touch-202983/

P.S did we ever find out who is the quiet licensee?
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-11-15 at 08:38 PM.
    09-11-15 04:30 PM
    WATERLOO, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – Sept. 11, 2015) – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSX:BB) will be reporting results for the second quarter of fiscal 2016 on September 25, 2015. A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 8 am ET, which can be accessed by dialing 1-888-428-9507 or by logging on at Investor Events - Canada.

A replay of the conference call will also be available at approximately 10 am ET by dialing 1-647-436-0148 and entering pass code 3790672# or by clicking the link above. This replay will be available until 10 am ET October 11, 2015.
    09-11-15 04:35 PM
    OT...

Another big shout of thanks out to Morgan who (as always) is spot on with his HALO projections. We've been posting about it on a sub topic BBM channel and thought it was only right to give props to our resident IBB index guru

I've been watching some steady and strong buying/accumulation to finally push it back over the $18 mark and it seems poised to regain all of its lost traction in fairly short order.

BB is looking pretty strong today as well and the trading range seems to be tightening each week.
    Last edited by OlympusMons; 09-11-15 at 08:13 PM.
    Corbu, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    09-11-15 05:40 PM
    Quote from Yahoo news:
    Between the August 14 and August 31 settlement dates, Sirius XM was dethroned as the most heavily shorted stock traded on the Nasdaq. The new king of the mountain is Frontier Communications, which saw the biggest bump in the number of shares short among the top five. At the same time, short sellers appeared to lose interest in BlackBerry in particular.

Wow! Rarely do we hear BlackBerry being a "hot stock to watch" and on the other side hear "shorts are losing interest in BlackBerry " simultaneously.
    Also rare is the feeling I have had lately over my confidence in BlackBerry even though we are in seriously rough water regarding the stock market.

Cheer leading is simply not required anymore.

Look at that short interest drop! A real Cliffhanger:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150911_182513_edit.png
    09-11-15 08:27 PM
    Weekend music with the stones

Last edited by bbjdog; 09-11-15 at 11:32 PM.
    3MIKE, CDM76, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    09-11-15 11:16 PM
    Here's one that I feel is fitting to BlackBerry at the moment:

Title : Ted Nugent - Stranglehold (HQ)
    Video url :

The Nuge!

Safe weekend gents!
    Corbu, morganplus8 and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-12-15 12:56 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Quote from Yahoo news:
    Between the August 14 and August 31 settlement dates, Sirius XM was dethroned as the most heavily shorted stock traded on the Nasdaq. The new king of the mountain is Frontier Communications, which saw the biggest bump in the number of shares short among the top five. At the same time, short sellers appeared to lose interest in BlackBerry in particular.

Wow! Rarely do we hear BlackBerry being a "hot stock to watch" and on the other side hear "shorts are losing interest in BlackBerry " simultaneously.
    Also rare is the feeling I have had lately over my confidence in BlackBerry even though we are in seriously rough water regarding the stock market.

Cheer leading is simply not required anymore.

Look at that short interest drop! A real Cliffhanger:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150911_182513_edit.png 
Views:	3250 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	370921
    Now if CEO Chen can follow up with a good quarter and perhaps some Partnership announcements, then we can begin to seriously flush out those shorts and see this stock begin it's long awaited climb.... without so much manipulation....

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 07:35 AM
    I have to thank everyone for the kind words the past couple of days, I would remind you that the real providers here are guys like Corbu, bbjdog, bacon munchers and many more. We can't forget to thank the Mods too, this board has been running like a top since our last incident and I have to thank them for restoring my faith in the system. I'm currently running behind all of these rock stars so let me do my thing and I'll let you know I'm pleased to be here!

Now for the TA on a couple of plays:

BlackBerry is still trading within a wider channel than we were accustomed to for much of the past year. We are at a major low in the stock, something we saw in mid 2014. We need to clear the 50-dma and move higher going into the Fall.

This is a weekly chart to show you that we are basing out just like last year and within about one more week of moving higher:

Attachment 370972

With earnings coming to us on the 25th the timing couldn't be much better for some good news for a change.

The next stock is PSDV, I'm really pumped about this one. If you diluted the shares so that there were as many PSDV shares as say HALO, the price of the stock would be sub $ 1.00. This shows you how much of a micro play this one is, then, read up on their pipeline and cash, and well, you can see why I like it so much.

Here's the chart and its still bearish in the short term but you can see it appears to be heading for its 50-dma and a breakout of that descending channel:

Attachment 370973

Again, I'm really getting excited about this play for the next 6 months. The IBB Index is making a move for its 50-dma and these plays will be doing the same.

Best of luck!
    09-12-15 09:24 AM
    Morgan8 it's about time you pulled up your socks! LMAO

Thank you Morgan for everything you have done for people and myself on this great thread!
    Corbu, rarsen, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    09-12-15 01:06 PM
    Reading material

http://www.wallstreetpoint.com/three...nysesu/728390/

For those who don't want to click.

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has about -32.97% since the beginning of the year and has pulled back around -41.57% from the recent 52-week high. At present, the stock�s average 12-month price target of $12.79 stands at a 15.13% premium to the 52-week low. The highest price that this stock has reached in the most recent 52-week period was $12.63, whereas its last (most recent) closing price is $7.38. Around 5.30 million shares have traded at the counter during the last trading session.

And more

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chart-...212700404.html
    morganplus8, Corbu, W Hoa and 4 others like this.
    09-12-15 02:45 PM
    Here's one that I feel is fitting to BlackBerry at the moment:

Title : Ted Nugent - Stranglehold (HQ)
    Video url :

The Nuge!

Safe weekend gents!
    This Ted Nugent guy seems to prioritize security like BlackBerry but in a different way !
    09-12-15 04:08 PM
    09-12-15 05:48 PM
    This Ted Nugent guy seems to prioritize security like BlackBerry but in a different way !
    Ah man, you gotta get into this cats' life to really get a dose of reality out of him. The early days of rock were just that, but since then, he has evolved into the kind of dude that many want to emulate.
    Goto tednugent.com for more. He has millions of followers, and many want him for president.
    Not bad for an old Rocker.

Oh, Just wanted also to take a second to thank all the contributors. We need some of our usual suspects back. It's like nachos and cheese without the hot sauce.
    Would be nice to have more 'lookers in' say a few words now and then because we here know that y'all are watching!

John Chen for Prime Minister.
    Cheers guys.
    3MIKE, CDM76, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    09-12-15 10:31 PM
    The Nug is the shizzle! One man who talks the talk, and walks the walk. Wish there were more like him. Sadly, and no I don't want to start a political debate, were he on the other side of the isle, his views would be prominently covered by the mainstream. I'd love to see him brought on as a spokesman, but probably way too polarizing.
    09-12-15 10:57 PM

Oh, Just wanted also to take a second to thank all the contributors. We need some of our usual suspects back. It's like nachos and cheese without the hot sauce.
    Would be nice to have more 'lookers in' say a few words now and then because we here know that y'all are watching!

John Chen for Prime Minister.
    Cheers guys.
    Yes the hot sauce makes for a complete homogeneous taste !! I miss them already !
    09-12-15 11:54 PM
    The Nug is the shizzle! One man who talks the talk, and walks the walk. Wish there were more like him. Sadly, and no I don't want to start a political debate, were he on the other side of the isle, his views would be prominently covered by the mainstream. I'd love to see him brought on as a spokesman, but probably way too polarizing.
    What's with the Bold lettering? It hurts my eyes after a couple of diet cola's.
    09-13-15 06:49 AM
    I'd love to see him brought on as a spokesman, but probably way too polarizing.
    Ya think? Here's what he has to say about one of BlackBerry's most important fans:

...a Chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel like the ACORN community organizer gangster Barack Hussein Obama
    Corbu, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    09-13-15 07:47 AM
    On friday, at 10.30, there is a huge volume on the stock (NY). Any info about it?
    lech31 likes this.
    09-13-15 08:45 AM
    Ya think? Here's what he has to say about one of BlackBerry's most important fans:
    We all can get edgy from time to time.

BigBadWulf, morganplus8 and 3MIKE like this.
    09-13-15 10:07 AM
113,256 ... 35483549355035513552 ...