View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think it's time for a new MOD to control this thread and rule according to the title of the thread. No offense to the current MODS, but change is needed.

We've tried sticking by the original intent of this thread. And some of the active posters in it have been some of the worst offenders. This has been and continues to be one of the most heavily-modded threads in this forum. My own personal observation, for a bunch of supposedly serious posters and professionals, many of you act like a bunch of spoiled brats if anybody dares to offer a opposing view of things, going running for the Report button to report it as off-topic, yet clutter the thread with more off-topic crap than those you report.

This thread is on its last warning. Any more whining about censorship and mod actions or frivolous reports of opinions you don't happen to like, the thread gets closed. Permanently.

It's in your hands. Keep it clean and keep it on track.
    09-03-15 11:37 AM
    09-03-15 11:41 AM
    We've tried sticking by the original intent of this thread. And some of the active posters in it have been some of the worst offenders. This has been and continues to be one of the most heavily-modded threads in this forum. My own personal observation, for a bunch of supposedly serious posters and professionals, many of you act like a bunch of spoiled brats if anybody dares to offer a opposing view of things, going running for the Report button to report it as off-topic, yet clutter the thread with more off-topic crap than those you report.

This thread is on its last warning. Any more whining about censorship and mod actions or frivolous reports of opinions you don't happen to like, the thread gets closed. Permanently.

It's in your hands. Keep it clean and keep it on track.
    Amazing post. Thanks to the mods who are trying to encourage open discussion of a company that we're all interested in.
    09-03-15 11:52 AM
    I think it's time for a new MOD to control this thread and rule according to the title of the thread. No offense to the current MODS, but change is needed.
    I think if everyone would calm down and follow the directions... things could return to a more peaceful existences here.

I "think" this is more of an issue of just a few who spend more time attacking those with different view points, than trying to discuss their differences. We don't have to like each other... the mods just want us to play nice and be respectful.

As for the Venice... I think Chen will wait till Nov to announce the device and what their plans for BB10 are - IF the BlackBerry Experience is ready. No need to upset the cart until they have all their ducks in a row....
    Ecm, awindsr and BigBadWulf like this.
    09-03-15 11:53 AM
    OT but related to Blackberry's BBM meeting

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2015/0...inkId=16769185

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-03-15 11:58 AM
    Morgan are you up to opening a BlackBerry channel?
    I actually setup three BBM sites but I haven't found the time to launch to the public yet. I had another surgery 5 weeks ago and have one more to go before this nonsense is all over and I can get my life back. I see we are ready to make a move again as this thread is not as productive as it once was. I'll be leaving CB10 too along with the others. Thanks for thinking of me!
    09-03-15 12:12 PM
    For heaven's sake just follow the Community Rules and Guidelines and we are fine!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-03-15 12:14 PM
    Come to the channel Morgan! We NEED you lol. Life wouldn't be the same without you, Sir!

C002165D3

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    09-03-15 12:16 PM
    I actually setup three BBM sites but I haven't found the time to launch to the public yet. I had another surgery 5 weeks ago and have one more to go before this nonsense is all over and I can get my life back. I see we are ready to make a move again as this thread is not as productive as it once was. I'll be leaving CB10 too along with the others. Thanks for thinking of me!
    Morgan sorry about the blunt question. You have been on my mind every time you post, but I stayed away from asking you. There is the gang over at
    Channel C002165D3, please visit us, and keep us up to date on everything Morgan!
    morganplus8 and Heinz Katchup like this.
    09-03-15 12:22 PM
    Come to the channel Morgan! We NEED you lol. Life wouldn't be the same without you, Sir!

C002165D3

Thanks ZayDub - I made a note of it and I'll be there later today.
    09-03-15 12:24 PM
    Thanks ZayDub - I made a note of it and I'll be there later today.
    Thanks Morgan, as always, I wish you good health and a speedy recovery too!

morganplus8 and Heinz Katchup like this.
    09-03-15 12:26 PM
    Remember folks....

[WARN]Do not post complaints about Moderators. Mobile Nations has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a Moderator. Every day, our Moderators read through hundreds of threads and posts, and all Moderator decisions are final. We trust any action a Moderator takes will follow our rules & guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any Moderator action.[/WARN]
    [WARN]Abuse of a Moderator
    Our Moderators volunteer their own time and resources to make our communities awesome places to be. Abuse of Moderators will not be tolerated. If you have a complaint or issue with a Moderator, please bring it up privately via private message, or send an email or PM to either the Moderator Team Leader (pkcable) or our Community Manager (James Falconer).[/WARN]
    sati01, Branta and BigBadWulf like this.
    09-03-15 12:38 PM
    Serious question:

Has BlackBerry (either intentionally/unintentionally) created so much hype with the Android rumours that if they backed off now, it would further hurt BBRY and future perceptions?

In my opinion, definitely yes. Basically anything short of Google Play Services on BB10 will be perceived as a failure and Venice would go the way of the Z10 sales.

The Venice is one final push to capture the consumer market. If it fails, I'm afraid BlackBerry might back out of the hardware market entirely. That's a not a bad thing per say...BlackBerry would still exist, but not in a way that we've come to know it.
    chr1sny likes this.
    09-03-15 12:48 PM
    Respectfully, pkcable, couldn't mods take a similar approach when dealing with thread participants? Ppl shouldn't have to be called out in a public forum by mods either. Mods shouldn't be able to act with impunity either, and should always act with the most decorum

09-03-15 12:50 PM
    Respectfully, pkcable, couldn't mods take a similar approach when dealing with thread participants? Ppl shouldn't have to be called out in a public forum by mods either. Mods shouldn't be able to act with impunity either, and should always act with the most decorum

Yes I agree, HOWEVER sometimes we post a message to the thread when there are multiple infractions/warnings as a way to get all in line WITHOUT issuing a bunch of individual warnings. I get that you guys are frustrated I really do. And I was super impressed with how things got back on track after we reopened the thread after it was closed that day, BUT then suddenly again yesterday and today things are off the rails! What happened?

Just follow the rules! Have a healthy intelligent, respectful debate where both sides argue their point BUT can enjoy a brew together afterwards! (or coffee if you are sober like me! lol) Don't report every little thing, be tolerant. Agree to disagree, and show each other respect. Keep the thread on point, talk about the stock issues. YES you can wander a little BUT don't get carried away we have plenty of other fun threads in OT/Rehab for that! Get it?
    09-03-15 12:59 PM
    BBRY seems to be holding its own lately. I like that Samsung used the word 'massivement' regarding IoT investments over the next few months....wonder where the focus will be....

Love mods, ignore drama.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 01:02 PM
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cheers-gif.jpg  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-03-15 at 01:36 PM.
    09-03-15 01:07 PM
    Stock twits BBRY has10,500 watchers. Pumpers and slammers are paid to post there. It's only natural that they come here too.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    09-03-15 01:11 PM
    BBRY seems to be holding its own lately. I like that Samsung used the word 'massivement' regarding IoT investments over the next few months....wonder where the focus will be....

Love mods, ignore drama.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, my radar blinked full window when I read that.
    I don't know where the Android rumor is finally going to lead but there's one certainty : IoT requires security and automation (updates).
    And I know it's highly debatable, but a low layer is necessary for that, unless you want to embark and maintain loads of unproductive software.
    This would give some credit to the "neutrino kernel" which is lightweight as a feather and solid as titanium.

And frankly, BBRY SP wise, I'd better see my "QNX the IoT BIOS" theory happen than a new device sporting a lollipop.
    Still, from there, many things could happen if BlackBerry and Samsung team up so deep in the innards ...
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-03-15 01:16 PM
    Serious question:

Has BlackBerry (either intentionally/unintentionally) created so much hype with the Android rumours that if they backed off now, it would further hurt BBRY and future perceptions?

In my opinion, definitely yes. Basically anything short of Google Play Services on BB10 will be perceived as a failure and Venice would go the way of the Z10 sales.

The Venice is one final push to capture the consumer market. If it fails, I'm afraid BlackBerry might back out of the hardware market entirely. That's a not a bad thing per say...BlackBerry would still exist, but not in a way that we've come to know it.

It's hard to really say.... we don't even know yet if this will be a "consumer friendly" device. The BlackBerry Experience was originally suppose to be a BES add-on feature. If it remains thus, this could be a device requiring a BES subscription.... I doubt that would be the case, but right now there are just too many unknowns.

Which is why most are taking a wait and see attitude with BBRY....

But yeah at this point I don't think there is a option to turn back....
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-03-15 01:19 PM
    +1 The "For work" makes sense and may solve many "mission:impossible" points.
    An Android for work / Knox with limited access to Google Play store and required services ....
    hum ...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and rarsen like this.
    09-03-15 01:30 PM
    BUT then suddenly again yesterday and today things are off the rails! What happened?
    A known basher came in to offer up stock investing advice, basically stating that BBRY was a bad investment. When we asked him what made him more qualified than us, mods told us we were not being two-sided (despite this being a thread for bullish BBRY investors) and we had broken the community guidelines, followed by more threats and post deletes.

If we had reported the issue instead, we are being told from the mods that we are reporting too much and that everyone is allowed to speak. But there are infinite other threads that people can bash BBRY in instead. We've asked the mods to keep this one about positive BBRY discussion.

We just want to have peaceful, positive talks about BlackBerry (and other common interests we've found in 4 years of building this community). If CB thinks this is unreasonable, we will find another place; and we have, but the mods deleted the posts that referenced these other mediums.
    Corbu, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    09-03-15 01:44 PM
    ON ERROR GOTO WTF
    IF quit = 1 then QUIT
    ELSEIF want thread closed THEN CONTINUE
    ELSE
    KEEP MOVING

:WTF
    I can't believe this pee length contest.
    09-03-15 01:47 PM
    Yeah, my radar blinked full window when I read that.
    I don't know where the Android rumor is finally going to lead but there's one certainty : IoT requires security and automation (updates).
    And I know it's highly debatable, but a low layer is necessary for that, unless you want to embark and maintain loads of unproductive software.
    This would give some credit to the "neutrino kernel" which is lightweight as a feather and solid as titanium.

And frankly, BBRY SP wise, I'd better see my "QNX the IoT BIOS" theory happen than a new device sporting a lollipop.
    Still, from there, many things could happen if BlackBerry and Samsung team up so deep in the innards ...
    Actually lots of Sammy news today...Smart homes, SmartThings Hub...

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 01:49 PM
    Yes I agree, HOWEVER sometimes we post a message to the thread when there are multiple infractions/warnings as a way to get all in line WITHOUT issuing a bunch of individual warnings. I get that you guys are frustrated I really do. And I was super impressed with how things got back on track after we reopened the thread after it was closed that day, BUT then suddenly again yesterday and today things are off the rails! What happened?

Just follow the rules! Have a healthy intelligent, respectful debate where both sides argue their point BUT can enjoy a brew together afterwards! (or coffee if you are sober like me! lol) Don't report every little thing, be tolerant. Agree to disagree, and show each other respect. Keep the thread on point, talk about the stock issues. YES you can wander a little BUT don't get carried away we have plenty of other fun threads in OT/Rehab for that! Get it?
    There's no debate, I was banned for giving my viewpoint, and I was banned with a message saying that the reason had to do with me posting something against the 'I support BBRY shares', and that the thread was for people who support bbry only. Unlike some others I have lots of skin in the game, whereby I support in investing in the company, I feel as though BlackBerry has failed us and their lack of transparency will ultimately doom BlackBerry, seems like they never learn. For this, I was banned because I disagreed with someone else. Meanwhile the mods allow the constant die-hard posters BlackBerry can do no wrong to continue posting, even if the information is not accurate.

What the mods should understand is that people investing might use the information here to make an investment decision, preventing people from posting the negatives might lead them to invest without various perspectives, or to add further to their own due diligence. The fact that I'm banned for giving my opinion, even though I'm still long on BlackBerry, I have lost faith as many others have and CB10 has become a hostile environment for anyone who might have anything even close to negative or with an opposing pov. I for one have lost respect for this community and would much rather spend it on android forums, even if I have a bb10 and have a rather large although worthless stake in BlackBerry. BlackBerry doesn't seem to be listening to their customers, and CB's ignorance and 'protection' of BlackBerry only enables them to continue down their path of ignorance.

Mods need to quit protecting BlackBerry and help with providing solutions, the lack of information and ignorance of anything negative only serves to trap others into an investment in a company that should be noted as toxic, whether that has to do with the company or the media or whomever, bottom line is that BlackBerry is TOXIC!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 01:59 PM
113,256 ... 35343535353635373538 ...