View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    When I say hypervisor I don't (necessarily, but would be amazing) mean two OSes. Just Android running on hypervisor to make it more secure.
    Oh ok. No, in my mind, there is 0 chance of them running Android in hypervisor. At least not to start with. In a year or two, when they are growing and can afford to hire more technical talent, they may invest in R&D more to come up with stuff like this. But for now, ZERO chance of this happening with Slider. Of course, this is just my guess and opinion. In two months, you might turn out to be right and I might be eating crow.
    09-01-15 12:35 PM
    OT:
    After Apple/Cisco, another example of collaboration...
    Rivals Microsoft and VMware to Team Up on Windows 10 Push - WSJ

Rivals Microsoft Corp. and VMware Inc. are teaming up to help businesses manage their Windows applications using VMware technology.

Executives from each company announced the alliance at a VMware conference Tuesday in San Francisco.

VMware said it is introducing software that is targeted at businesses seeking to distribute and manage their corporate applications with Windows 10, the newest version of Microsoft’s operating system for personal computers and other devices. The new VMware software was developed in part by AirWatch, the mobile-device-management company that VMware bought last year for about $1.5 billion.

The collaboration between the two longtime rivals shows the sometimes strange bedfellows in the technology industry as demands of consumers and businesses shift. VMware and Microsoft battle fiercely over big markets such as software “virtualization” for computer servers, and Microsoft also offers its own device-management software that competes with AirWatch.

“There is overlap between our two products, but that doesn’t matter,” VMware Executive Vice President Sanjay Poonen said at the San Francisco conference.
    awindsr, rarsen, zyben and 1 others like this.
    09-01-15 12:58 PM
    09-01-15 01:12 PM
    Jumpstart your BlackBerry training.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/09/...erry-training/
    zyben likes this.
    09-01-15 01:12 PM
    Apple�s Force Touch is Already Patented by BlackBerry

PatentVue by Envision IP
    09-01-15 01:58 PM
    T-Mobile Looking to Win Over BlackBerry Customers (BBRY,TMUS)

BlackBerry needs all the distribution and promotion it can get if it hopes to resurrect its dying handset business. T-Mobile could also benefit from any resurgence from the company that once set the standard for business customers.

Having a relationship with BlackBerry could become even more important for T-Mobile if the company moves forward with releasing an Android-based phone, as has been rumored. That phone could meet a pent-up demand for keyboard-based models while answering the problem of limited app availability, which has plagued BlackBerry.

This is a small step toward healing the relationship between the two companies, but it's one that could pay off well in the near future.
    09-01-15 02:10 PM
    Apple’s Force Touch is Already Patented by BlackBerry

PatentVue by Envision IP
    My understanding of the technology is that it is applied differently, including on the Apple Watch and MacBooks.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-01-15 02:26 PM
    I just caught up to some of the recent discussion and this thought keeps coming into my head as I read all of the speculation regarding BlackBerry and Android.

BlackBerry has a lot riding on this phone, in a way I don't hear discussed much. Chen said he wouldn't release it unless he could secure it. I've seen for many Android phones, bounties to break the bootloader and get root and Im sure that will happen with the first BlackBerry/Android. If it gets broken, early or ever, the headline will read that BlackBerry not as secure as expected blah blah blah.

Not sure what or how they are going to accomplish this but any phone that carries the BlackBerry name, brings their reputation and heritage. They have to get this right.
    Mr BBRY, La Emperor, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    09-01-15 02:27 PM

PatentVue by Envision IP
    Let's just give Apple the inovation award. Lol
    09-01-15 05:01 PM
    09-01-15 06:05 PM
    This too:

Researchers discover new keychain vulnerability in OSX

Researchers discover new keychain vulnerability in OSX | CSO Online
    09-01-15 06:22 PM

PatentVue by Envision IP
    Any chance apple is the unnamed partner providing IP revenue last quarter? It's a drop in the bucket for them.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-01-15 06:39 PM
    iPhone 6S Leaks Deliver Triple Bad News Blow

iPhone 6S Leaks Deliver Triple Bad News Blow
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    09-01-15 06:42 PM
    Any chance apple is the unnamed partner providing IP revenue last quarter? It's a drop in the bucket for them.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    The thought crossed my mind as well.
    09-01-15 06:42 PM
    Oh ok. No, in my mind, there is 0 chance of them running Android in hypervisor. At least not to start with. In a year or two, when they are growing and can afford to hire more technical talent, they may invest in R&D more to come up with stuff like this. But for now, ZERO chance of this happening with Slider. Of course, this is just my guess and opinion. In two months, you might turn out to be right and I might be eating crow.
    If other rumours are true and they are working closely with google on this device...maybe they are sharing costs or google is fronting a lot of it so they can run it on hypervisor. I think google wants to start getting traction in enterprise and getting rid of the Android is not secure stigma by partnering with blackberry can start this trek.....Android for Work - Secured.
    Corbu, rarsen, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    09-01-15 09:15 PM
    OK, so just thinking about Android on BlackBerry rumours in relation to the upcoming slider.

What happens (sales, stock,etc) if it has BB10 and not android ?

When the rumours first started my thought was that Android was loaded onto a few devices (also rumours of it on a Passport) for testing purposes. I figure that they need some newer devices to test security, compatability, etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 11:18 PM
    OK, so just thinking about Android on BlackBerry rumours in relation to the upcoming slider.

What happens (sales, stock,etc) if it has BB10 and not android ?
    Stock - no impact as its priced in (although might have a drop for a short period of time because there was some potential although risky upside to going android)

Sales - a dud like everything other bb10 device, no impact at all.
    Iggy City and Coachbulldog like this.
    09-02-15 02:17 AM
    09-02-15 08:08 AM
    Yes its almost like we are on a thread where people try to guess stock movement - although I don't have any snakeoil to dress up my predictions

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    09-02-15 09:39 AM
    09-02-15 09:59 AM
    Hi everyone,

OT post but BlackBerry, and BlackBerry Venice related

BB Related.
    Those of us that heavily use Blackberry.com/btsc the public troubleshooting database, the URL has now changed.

Blackberry.com/btsc changed to Home | BlackBerry Knowledge Base
    This is using SalesForce (I have no idea why but this is partnership/business vendor of sorts), which is odd because their a competitor to SAP which John and 3 other executives are formerly apart of, and which SAP mobile apps where featured on inside blackberry just last week. Hmmm.

Also of note ... I was researching a few things on Droid-Life.com - one of the bigger Android fan sites, especially related to Motorola products (I really dig the Motorola Droid Maxx/Verizon Droid Turbo) and found this article on BlackBerry Venice. In particular is the number of votes stating for it and lookup the quote; pretty awesome.

Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb_btsc.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-droidlife.png  
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-02-15 10:35 AM
    Ever since the rules of this thread have been defined (about a week now). i havnt seen any one one talked about the stock price movement. and what for? the only guess work that i have been seeing is that dead blackberry. time to move on to an iphone and or android. i have given up. sold my blackberry stock and moving on. thank you for your support CB and team.
    zyben, La Emperor, awindsr and 1 others like this.
    09-02-15 11:00 AM
    Ever since the rules of this thread have been defined (about a week now). i havnt seen any one one talked about the stock price movement. and what for? the only guess work that i have been seeing is that dead blackberry. time to move on to an iphone and or android. i have given up. sold my blackberry stock and moving on. thank you for your support CB and team.

Brother Sid,

April fools has past.

PS - Brother B2B, where you at man?
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    09-02-15 11:22 AM
    Thank you Sid! I will take your advice under consideration and think of selling my shares. But first I need a reason to buy an iphone or Droid and I really have no reason to buy one. Maybe you can help me out with this tough decision? When I think of the current discussion, I can't help to think about Trek, we are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your cell phones. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. LMAO
    09-02-15 11:35 AM
    I'll post a parting chart for you Sidhuk:

Attachment 369391

This sell-off began back in May 2015 and it has since dropped back to its low end of the channel. The market has dropped 16 - 18 % across several indexes so it wasn't realistic to expect BBRY to trade against a broken market. Even AAPL approached bear market territory and we all know they invented the mobile phone, the watch and some historic art etc., so it isn't surprising to see BBRY down at this time.

Now in terms of where we are, we are right back where we were in May of 2014. At that time, we sold off for weeks, touched a low, reversed, built a base, and like today, the 50-dma has moved down to a level that will start a major rally in the stock when it closes about that indicator. All the DOW has to do is pause and build a base so that stocks that want to rally can.

That's it, here's to hoping you were playing us a bit today and are still a shareholder.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 09-02-15 at 12:04 PM.
    09-02-15 11:47 AM
113,250 ... 35313532353335343535 ...