View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    C'mon!! Didn't you get the message from the messiahs here last two days?

BlackBerry is a Dead Company!!

Stop with the FUD willya?

08-27-15 10:48 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150827_175203.png

Are those green digits? Yes!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ribes Nigrum; 08-27-15 at 11:09 AM.
    08-27-15 10:54 AM
    10.3.2 Bug Fix e Comparsa di Switch For Android! -

Translation

Attachment 368550

No opinion as to the veracity of this image.
    This would be awesome. What a great byod tool! Bb10 for work space android for personal.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    08-27-15 11:19 AM
    This would be awesome. What a great byod tool! Bb10 for work space android for personal.

That's precisely what we on this thread have been hoping for. But I remember someone mentioning Google's policy issues with such a setup?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-27-15 11:22 AM

Wow..this is a game changer if it turns out to be true!!
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-27-15 11:23 AM
    That's precisely what we on this thread have been hoping for. But I remember someone mentioning Google's policy issues with such a setup?
    I can't believe that a BB 10/Android partnership would be difficult to fly at this time as BlackBerry is the definitive phone for Enterprise and Google would like to be there too. Imagine how well this would work for both of them! I would be crazy pleased to have a duel operating system on my BB. I would think the stock would trade positively on news like that, come on Chen, tell us.

The stock is performing well, gapped up over the 3-ema, into its Bollinger Bands as expected and now it is out performing the DOW. Not bad for a dead company with no assets.

UPDATE: Up on the week too, what sell-off?
    08-27-15 11:33 AM

That would awesome! I like BB10 for sure. An updated Android Run Time would keep me happy. But this could make a difference for the future of BlackBerry smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 11:42 AM
    I can't believe that a BB 10/Android partnership would be difficult to fly at this time as BlackBerry is the definitive phone for Enterprise and Google would like to be there too. Imagine how well this would work for both of them! I would be crazy pleased to have a duel operating system on my BB. I would think the stock would trade positively on news like that, come on Chen, tell us.

The stock is performing well, gapped up over the 3-ema, into its Bollinger Bands as expected and now it is out performing the DOW. Not bad for a dead company with no assets.

UPDATE: Up on the week too, what sell-off?
    A perfect response to an earlier post about how the price of BBRY is that of a normal company, citing income, profits, etc. None of that had changed at all today, yet we are up more than 6%. Perhaps the poster of that message might want to consider adding "speculation" in mix of factors?
    W Hoa, morganplus8, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    08-27-15 12:14 PM
    ...I would be crazy pleased to have a duel operating system on my BB. I would think the stock would trade positively on news like that, come on Chen, tell us.
    Yeah, come on Uncle Chen (I am Asian, so...) tell us something. A simple tweet saying "yes, A and B together on one device" would do.
    08-27-15 12:22 PM
    http://blck.by/1NWJUyu

Breakfast Club: Breakfast with BlackBerry Executive Chairman and CEO John Chen, in conversation with Rich Karlgaard

Speakers:
    John Chen, Executive Chairman & CEO, BlackBerry
    Rich Karlgaard, Publisher, Forbes Magazine

* John Chen is a 35-year veteran of the technology industry and proven leader. He previously led the re-invention of Sybase, Inc. into a $1.5 billion-plus high-growth innovator with 55 consecutive quarters of profitability. As Executive Chairman and CEO of BlackBerry since November of 2013, John now directs the company�s transformation into a software and services company that aims to be the leader in securing a hyper-connected world of people and things.

Rich Karlgaard is publisher of Forbes and author or co-author of several critically-acclaimed books including the �The Soft Edge� in 2014 and �Team Genius, The New Science of High-Performing Organizations� in 2015.

In this candid conversation, Chen and Karlgaard will discuss topics from business transformation to cybersecurity to the emergence of the Internet of Things � and where Chen sees the greatest opportunities for technology innovation and growth.
    Agenda:
    - Breakfast: 7:30 AM
    - Program: 8:00 AM
    Sponsored by BlackBerry *
    4290 El Camino Real
    Palo Alto, CA
    Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    08-27-15 01:09 PM
    JC should take this opportunity to ask the Forbes Publisher to be a bit more rigorous on his choice of "contributors" who are all too often misinformed when it comes to BlackBerry and keep on repeating the same old FUD. Let Forbes regain some of its former journalistic glory...

Last edited by Corbu; 08-27-15 at 01:57 PM.
    08-27-15 01:26 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

?Take two: Ex-Apple CEO launches 'Designed in San Francisco' Obi phones | ZDNet
    "Sculley launched several smartphones between the $70 and $200 range last year but as the Economic Times reported today, he said Obi Worldphone's former strategy of sourcing devices from Chinese factories without differentiating them was a misstep. The company has since stopped selling Obi Mobiles phones in India, the world's fastest-growing smartphone market, but plans to make a return to the country this year."
    Last edited by rarsen; 08-27-15 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Underlined India's importance, which Prem Watsa is fully aware and has a few contacts.
    08-27-15 03:37 PM
    08-27-15 06:18 PM
    Cars Become Target for Identity Theft as Shopping Hits Dashboard - Bloomberg Business

Hackers can already take control of a car. And as vehicles become rolling shopping malls, cybercriminals will have an opportunity to snatch your identity, too.

Eager for a cut of drivers’ purchases of fast food, gas and more, automakers have big plans to bring e-commerce to the dashboard. Ford Motor Co. already has an app that lets drivers dictate an order to Domino’s Pizza using voice controls and a smartphone. General Motors Co. this year began offering AtYourService, which alerts drivers to deals at Dunkin’ Donuts or lets them book a hotel room on Priceline.com using voice commands. By 2020, as many as 40 percent of new vehicles sold worldwide will let drivers shop from behind the wheel, predicts Thilo Koslowski, vice president of the auto practice at Gartner.

Connected cars present a rich target, akin to retailers or banks, where hackers can troll for credit card numbers, home addresses, e-mail information and all the other personal details required for identity theft.

“Today the motivation for hacking a car is mischief, with an objective of hurting people or car companies,” Koslowski said. Once drivers can shop with impunity as they roll down the highway, “the car will definitely be viewed as a vulnerable device.”

Most cars sold today lack the technology for drivers to pay for items they purchase (unless they use a smartphone). But by 2022, 82.5 million autos worldwide will be connected to the Internet, more than triple the number now, according to researcher IHS Automotive. In the next two to five years, “buy buttons” connected to smartphone mobile wallets will start appearing on dashboards, according to Richard Crone, who runs payment adviser Crone Consulting LLC. That means motorists will soon be able to buy a pizza, fill up the tank or preorder a half caf skinny macchiato from Starbucks without pulling out their phone.

Banks and credit card companies are looking to pile in. Visa has developed an app for the dashboard or smartphone that enables the car to automatically purchase gasoline, parking and fast food. Commercial deployments will be announced in the next three to six months. FIS, a payment technology company, is developing a banking app for cars that will let drivers pay bills or check balances.

Commuters want to be constantly connected, and shopping from the steering wheel is the next logical step, said Phil Abram, chief infotainment officer of GM’s OnStar system, a blue button on the rearview mirror that links drivers to a live attendant.

“Over 3 million times a year, somebody pushes the blue button in a car and asks for directions to a hotel or to ask ‘Where is a coffee shop or gas station?”’ Abram said in an interview. “The roots of this are in what customers want.”

But automakers this summer have proven easy targets for hackers. Two security experts hacked into a Jeep Cherokee’s infotainment system in July to take control of the engine and transmission as an 18-wheeler was bearing down on it. OnStar also was hacked when a security researcher used a small device hidden on a 2013 Chevrolet Volt to take control of GM’s RemoteLink app, which allowed him to unlock the car and start its engine.

“This has been a bit of a blind spot for automakers,” Mark Boyadjis, a technology analyst for IHS, said of cars’ vulnerability to hacking.

The Jeep hack forced parent company Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV to recall 1.4 million vehicles and ask wireless partner Sprint Corp. to issue a temporary fix over its network. GM worked with the “white hat” hacker to come up with a software patch for RemoteLink within 24 hours, Abram said. Early services like Ford’s Domino’s app don’t put a driver’s credit card information at risk because that data is stored in the smartphone, the automaker said. Visa’s in-car payments will use a randomly generated digital “token” rather than the credit card number.

Hackers bent on identity theft are expected to infiltrate cars through the entertainment portal, as the Jeep hackers did, or market malicious apps that appear harmless or even helpful, but actually steal personal information. Opening the dashboard to apps from third parties will invite thieves along for the ride, said Ryan Smith, chief scientist for Optiv, a cybersecurity company that consults with automakers.

“When payment systems come online inside of cars, it will be an attack surface that attackers will start looking at and poking at,” said Smith, who has worked with Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek, the men behind the Jeep hack. “You’re going to see the entire spectrum of fraud inside these vehicles.”
    08-27-15 07:46 PM
    I found this on another thread,i find this is interesting
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crackberry-image-76-.jpg

http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/rob...an/project-bbx
    08-27-15 11:37 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image(76).jpg 
Views:	2807 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	368639

Project BBX - Turnaround Plan for Blackberry (Summer 2012)
    You hush! I don't know what I'm talking about.
    Uzi, Shanerredflag and Iggy City like this.
    08-27-15 11:47 PM
    You hush! I don't know what I'm talking about.
    2012? Typo? 2022?

#BBFactCheck
    08-28-15 12:20 AM

Something doesn't sit right: Your slideshare link references Robin Chan. The webpage says the following underneath the slideshare presentation:

Robin Chan, Entrepreneur & Angel Investor at Time Machine Ventures
    Published on Aug 12, 2013

Today Blackberry announced plans to look for a buyer. Over a year ago, I helped form a secret product and engineering team based Silicon Valley that was keenly interested in taking over the company. We wanted to move the company and its passionate customers to a custom enterprise tier of Android. We saw a troubled company that could be saved. We secured commitments of over $1B to pursue a turnaround. But we needed at least $5B more. Now, a year later, the strategy of an enterprise grade Android company is still sound, but it just might be too late to save Blackberry as an independent company.
    This definitely wasn't a BlackBerry transition plan. It was a corporate raider's plan to kill BB10 before BB10 even came to market. We probably discussed this guy in this thread back in 2013.

Even if BlackBerry is now pursuing a plan very close to what Robin Chan envisioned back in 2012, I would personally still say, thanks, but no thanks. BB10 was still worth it to me.
    Greened, CDM76, rarsen and 11 others like this.
    08-28-15 12:45 AM
    An interesting OT post:

Those crafty Taiwanese are at it again.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/27/t...&ncid=rss_semi

Hmmm, a bendable phone.
    This is a concept that Apple actually beat everyone to market with.
    If Apple creates an app that can work with Bendgate, they can finally say that they are innovating again.
    Greened, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    08-28-15 01:33 AM

This definitely wasn't a BlackBerry transition plan. It was a corporate raider's plan to kill BB10 before BB10 even came to market. We probably discussed this guy in this thread back in 2013.

We did although I cannot be bothered to find the quotes.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-28-15 02:15 AM
    Something doesn't sit right: Your slideshare link references Robin Chan. The webpage says the following underneath the slideshare presentation:

Even if BlackBerry is now pursuing a plan very close to what Robin Chan envisioned back in 2012, I would personally still say, thanks, but no thanks. BB10 was still worth it to me.
    So worth it to me, the thought of it being place in a holding pattern makes me

We did although I cannot be bothered to find the quotes.
    Try starting here.
    08-28-15 06:15 AM
    Out of $137M in total software and licensing revenue, more than $100M was QNX alone? When did he say that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's $100 million per year, not quarter.
    That was in a video ITW with Ashley Amber (tnaks Corbu !)... will try to figure it out.
    And yes, I'm back !!!
    Cheers Gang !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-28-15 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Amber ... still some sand in my brain lol
    08-28-15 06:20 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file, as we approach the weekend for those BB Investors looking at driving options:

Tesla Just Did Something Really Big - Bloomberg View

http://consumerist.com/2015/08/27/te...atings-system/
    08-28-15 06:41 AM
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's $100 million per year, not quarter.
    That was in a video ITW with Ashley ... will try to figure it out.
    And yes, I'm back !!!
    Cheers Gang !
    Cheers!
    08-28-15 06:48 AM

Was discussed in this thread two years ago.

From August 14, 2013:
    Tech Entrepreneur Chan Pushes Again to Buy BlackBerry - Digits - WSJ

Technology entrepreneur and investor Robin Chan said he isn’t giving up on BlackBerry BB.T +5.56% yet.

Chan says he and a buyout group sought to buy the company about a year ago but couldn’t muster enough funds and found resistance from the board. Now Chan says he’s at it again and has reached out to members of BlackBerry’s board.

Whether or not any discussions will lead to a credible offer is unclear. Chan doesn’t have commitments yet for the several billion dollars it would take to buy BlackBerry.

“We are in dialogue,” he told the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday. “I’ve been cautious, because I think it would require a drastic DNA change.”

A BlackBerry spokesman said, “We don’t comment on the proceedings of the board.”

Chan, an early investor in Twitter and Square and a founder of XPD Media Inc., an online games company acquired by Zynga, has long sought to buy the troubled smartphone maker. The company has value, he says, because there is a gap in the market: serving all the needs of business. And of all the players, he thinks BlackBerry’s popularity with professionals and its secure messaging network could fill that gap.

As BlackBerry’s stock crumbled in 2012, he began assembling a crew of technologists and BlackBerry enthusiasts to put together a bid.

The group, according to Chan, included former and current employees of Apple AAPL +2.86%, Google , McKinsey and two private equity firms. Despite their affiliations, “they were all hardcore BlackBerry fans,” he said. While he got several “yeses,” his pitch also drew jeers. Several buyouts firms flatly turned him down, citing BlackBerry’s deteriorating fundamentals and the rising power of Apple and Google.

“A lot of people thought we were crazy,” he added.

That summer, Chan’s group was ready to approach Blackberry, which had recently promoted veteran Thorsten Heins to CEO. Chan, who was skeptical of Heins’ ability to turn BlackBerry into a mobile software powerhouse, turned directly to the board.

The group created a 33-slide presentation titled “Project BBX” for the board, which outlined how BlackBerry could remake itself as an enterprise software business. It argued that focusing on a consumer operating system — in the era of Apple vs. Google — made little sense. Instead, the group said BlackBerry should try to be the go-to-brand for businesses that needed software and security tools to adapt to the influx of employees carrying their own personal mobile devices for work. Under such a plan, the company’s network services business alone might be worth an extra $13 per share, according to the document.

At that point, the group had commitments of roughly $1 billion from wealthy individuals and institutions to pursue a bid. But talks never progressed very far. According to Chan, the board wanted to give the new CEO more time to turn the company around. The group also needed far more money to cobble together a compelling offer.

Today, BlackBerry’s position in the market has further eroded, as its rivals have gained strength. Chan believes it has lost momentum and stalled, while others have made more progress in the enterprise market.

But Chan says he thinks his main thesis still holds and that the company still has valuable assets. He also still believes that the company needs a management shake-up, including the ouster of Heins.

“The company has to rebuild and re-imagine themselves,” Chan said.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...ml#post9011166
    08-28-15 07:17 AM
113,250 ... 35243525352635273528 ...