View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Rumors are flying already that AT&T has had overwhelming demand for the Z10.
    Do you have any links?
    03-13-13 11:50 AM
    Check out this thread. I really hope this is true.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...lready-781317/
    I hope it's not. Nothing would be worse than general availability rolling around, and no stock...
    03-13-13 11:51 AM
    Interestingly enough, I just checked the link again and it no longer says out of stock.
    lol guess a blackberry truck just showed up
    03-13-13 11:51 AM
    Just hear someone said that Z10 was sold out in ATT just by pre-order.
    See the comment section of the link.
    Attention BlackBerry Shorts: See Order Flow To Vendors - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-13 12:03 PM
    How can you be out of stock on a pre-order that you don't even have in stock yet? What am I missing here?
    03-13-13 12:04 PM
    How can you be out of stock on a pre-order that you don't even have in stock yet? What am I missing here?
    maybe they were allocated x number of z10..... and they have sold them all?
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-13 12:06 PM
    Not sure how many they originally had to offer, but whether they are now sold out or not, the demand is there. Actual numbers would be nice to see how many devices these providers are getting and how fast they seel the product. Like someone else stated, somebody with an account should call or chat and find out. I have Verizon.
    03-13-13 12:06 PM
    As much as I want to look at this as a "holy crap" moment, I have a feeling that the CSR didn't know that they aren't even available until the 22nd and was just looking up the number of units in the system, which of course shows zero.
    03-13-13 12:12 PM
    "Several orders of magnitude" Really?! Okay anybody here want to tell me why I should not be all in at this point after a bit of info like that. Please somebody talk me off the ledge....
    All in is NEVER an option.
    Why?
    Because. It.is.never.an.option.
    Ok?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 12:13 PM
    If the US launch goes well, I predict a few things will happen:

1) Inevitable major short squeezes, causing the stock to jump to an unseen level, albeit temporarily until it settles back down (Opportunity to sell high at its peak)
    2) Many app developers will suddenly have an epiphany and change their minds about releasing their app(s) for the BB10 platform
    3) People's BBM contact lists will see some growth finally (Already saw my list grow as I am in Canada, but I do have many friends/relatives in the US)

I don't expect the March 28th ER to affect the stock as much as the US launch results. The ER in June 2013 will be significantly more important, and can possibly be the game-changer that investors are looking for.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-13-13 12:16 PM
    thanks morgan!

please update us when you see something change in the charts.

appreciate it!!!
    03-13-13 12:26 PM
    Under several scenaria, it is not only possible to reach $140 but pass that price target.
    I have to disagree, but I hope you are right. IMO, for BB to surpass this, they would need to develop something quite revolutionary (not just a phone). I don't see that happening for a while, or ever. Plus, as a tech stock, I don't plan on holding it for too long, that is unless news comes out they have developed a game-changing product.

Also, I'm debating on whether or not to sell during the week of the earnings report (will depend on the price of the stock). If it is over 18.79, then yes, I will most likely sell and hope for a buy back.
    03-13-13 12:28 PM
    I hope it's not. Nothing would be worse than general availability rolling around, and no stock...
    This is 100% accurate. If you sell out this quickly then you didn't have enough. Americans are impatient types and will move on to another phone. They need to restock soon if this is true or risk losing sales. I hope TH and BBRY was in the ball park on their sales estimates if they cost themselves 100,000's of sales by not believing in the BB10 and Z10, that would be a shame.
    03-13-13 12:33 PM
    All in is NEVER an option.
    Why?
    Because. It.is.never.an.option.
    Ok?
    Too late man! I sold everything in all my portfolios and put it on BBRY! You guys should have talked me off the ledge sooner! I've already jumped...... Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!.

(just kidding. But I did double down on BBRY today with the remaining free cash in my account. Too much good news coming in the next few weeks and too much support from bulls to ignore.)
    03-13-13 12:35 PM
    I have to disagree, but I hope you are right. IMO, for BB to surpass this, they would need to develop something quite revolutionary (not just a phone). I don't see that happening for a while, or ever. Plus, as a tech stock, I don't plan on holding it for too long, that is unless news comes out they have developed a game-changing product.

Also, I'm debating on whether or not to sell during the week of the earnings report (will depend on the price of the stock). If it is over 18.79, then yes, I will most likely sell and hope for a buy back.
    Because in next 5 years, the overall smartphone market continues to grow, it does not take too much for Blackberry stock to be back at $140. As I calculated that getting the EPS to the $14 range, it only take to sell about 14 million phone/Q or 64 million/year, which is only about 6.4% of the total worldwide smartphone sales number for 2013.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-13-13 12:38 PM
    This is 100% accurate. If you sell out this quickly then you didn't have enough. Americans are impatient types and will move on to another phone. They need to restock soon if this is true or risk losing sales. I hope TH and BBRY was in the ball park on their sales estimates if they cost themselves 100,000's of sales by not believing in the BB10 and Z10, that would be a shame.
    probably good for everybody to get this confirmed before getting worked up either way......
    OMGitworks likes this.
    Just hear someone said that Z10 was sold out in ATT just by pre-order.
    See the comment section of the link.
    Attention BlackBerry Shorts: See Order Flow To Vendors - Seeking Alpha
    Anyone relying on the comment section to a Seeking Alpha Article (esp. one parroting a quote from a boutique hedge fund guy and who admits he is long) deserves whatever they get, good and bad.... Be careful.

Also, be careful what you wish for - the stock will get creamed if the street thinks they are running out of inventory as it limits the upside. As always JMHO, YMMV...
    Bugmapper and Marc_Paradise like this.
    Ditto. And I'm just as curious as everyone else to find out how it's going with AT&T. But with respect....only AT&T in a corporate release (media or otherwise) will be able to answer this right now.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-13-13 12:42 PM
    All I can say is tighten those seatbelts, the next couple of weeks are going to be extremely interesting now that the US is in play.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-13-13 12:45 PM
    Ditto. And I'm just as curious as everyone else to find out how it's going with AT&T. But with respect....only AT&T in a corporate release (media or otherwise) will be able to answer this right now.
    Not completely true. I am brushing up on my Russian and then hopping into a RIMM employee chat room (and maybe even the AT&T one too) to get the real scoop. I hope to be able to report back to all of you tonight with some hard numbers.
    03-13-13 12:46 PM
    Lots of volume on the $27 Apr. 20 calls for some reason.
    03-13-13 12:56 PM
    All I can say is tighten those seatbelts, the next couple of weeks are going to be extremely interesting now that the US is in play.
    I think it the US will dictate the stock in terms of media... Because actual sales won't be announced for a few months. Until then, this stock could stay in it's 13-18 dollar range.
    03-13-13 12:57 PM
    Because in next 5 years, the overall smartphone market continues to grow, it does not take too much for Blackberry stock to be back at $140. As I calculated that getting the EPS to the $14 range, it only take to sell about 14 million phone/Q or 64 million/year, which is only about 6.4% of the total worldwide smartphone sales number for 2013.
    A lot of that growth is going to happen in the low end segment which Thor seems to be shunning . It also means BBRY would have to increase its sales by 40-50% from 2013 levels and double market share in a much larger market. It could happen, but that is a HUGE ask and very unlikely.
    03-13-13 12:57 PM
    Not completely true. I am brushing up on my Russian and then hopping into a RIMM employee chat room (and maybe even the AT&T one too) to get the real scoop. I hope to be able to report back to all of you tonight with some hard numbers.
    YES!YES! spy and report! excelllllllent (Mr. Burns Voice)
    03-13-13 12:59 PM
    would it be wiser to wait until US launch date to rebuy (double up) or prior to this date?
    03-13-13 01:01 PM
113,256 ... 350351352353354 ...