View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    How do you sell yourself as a software company, when you gave up on your own and started using the competition's?
    What are you talking about? What did BlackBerry give up?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-24-15 09:16 AM
    Markets bounced already?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 09:26 AM
    Markets bounced already?

Posted via CB10
    I think so !!
    08-24-15 09:30 AM
    What are you talking about? What did BlackBerry give up?

I believe that BBW is referring to BB giving up on BB 10. Now that is a leap to a conclusion isn't it? We have rumours abounding that BB will go Android, and I hope they do if it is a "choice" for BlackBerry handset owners. What it means for me is that BlackBerry is looking at everything and flexible enough to make everything a reality.
    08-24-15 09:30 AM
    I believe that BBW is referring to BB giving up on BB 10. Now that is a leap to a conclusion isn't it? We have rumours abounding that BB will go Android, and I hope they do if it is a "choice" for BlackBerry handset owners. What it means for me is that BlackBerry is looking at everything and flexible enough to make everything a reality.
    Thanks for the clarification. There is no evidence to indicate that BlackBerry is giving up on BB10 and I hope that won't happen. Making a BlackBerry device running Android with BlackBerry security, productivity apps, and keyboard is a great business decision in my opinion - there is a need for that and a space for BlackBerry to take. Even better if they can make BB10 and Android running at the same time on the same device.
    morganplus8, Corbu, zyben and 7 others like this.
    08-24-15 09:38 AM
    Thanks for the clarification. There is no evidence to indicate that BlackBerry is giving up on BB10 and I hope that won't happen. Making a BlackBerry device running Android with BlackBerry security, productivity apps, and keyboard is a great business decision in my opinion - there is a need for that and a space for BlackBerry to take. Even better if they can make BB10 and Android running at the same time on the same device.
    Even if they keep both OSs separated - Android devices will solve one of BlackBerry key problem: Visibility. The Android devices will be displayed at the carriers and reviewed and compared to the sister device with the other OS. And that's better than silently dying the hardware business just because nowbody knows that it exists. Sure, a lot of current BB10 user will leave the platform in favor of Android - on the other hand, who knows - there are a few percent of current Android user who are sick of data harvesting Google and ready for a switch to the competition - if they are aware, that a competition exisits.
    So we will see, how this strategy will impact on BB10 at the end.
    morganplus8, zyben, 3MIKE and 11 others like this.
    08-24-15 10:05 AM
    OT:

Apple recalls some iPhone 6 Plus models over blurry photos

Apple recalls some iPhone 6 Plus models over blurry photos - The Globe and Mail

"The photos are not blurry. The users are simply using their eyes wrong. By squinting "just-so", the photos are sharp as ever.

-CEO Apple"
    theRock1975, 3MIKE, zyben and 8 others like this.
    08-24-15 10:48 AM
    OT:

Apple recalls some iPhone 6 Plus models over blurry photos

Apple recalls some iPhone 6 Plus models over blurry photos - The Globe and Mail

"The photos are not blurry. The users are simply using their eyes wrong. By squinting "just-so", the photos are sharp as ever.

-CEO Apple"
    At least they admitted it and recall it

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    sidhuk, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    08-24-15 10:51 AM
    At least they admitted it and recall it

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    And . . . your point being? Apple shouldn't have to fix defective devices because they are Apple and the Little Bo Peeps will us them anyway?
    Uzi, 3MIKE, zyben and 1 others like this.
    08-24-15 11:02 AM
    Blackberry's customers are Fortune 500 companies and governments that need Blackberry security.

A global downturn won't hurt BBRY nearly as bad as other companies.

Posted via CB10

So a global downturn will not affect these Fortune 500 Companies??? Are you sure about that?

And sadly you can look at total hardware sales for the last two year, and where Service revenues are right now.... and it's clear that BlackBerry's customers from the PAST are not currently on track to be their customers for the future.

Pretty sure if fewer cars are sold... QNX will be impacted.
    A lot of doctors and hospitals did get impacted by the last downturn... not sure they'll be as willing to buy what Nanthealth is selling.
    IoT.... if consumers and business are buying less or making do with the software solutions they are currently using... not sure how easy it will be for BlackBerry to break in... once they have a product.

I don't care how much potential BlackBerry has, or how great their products could become.... CHEN needs time, and a global downturn could reduce the amount of time he'll have.
    08-24-15 11:07 AM
    Now we're back in the green... just a head fake??
    08-24-15 11:13 AM
    The biggest route for the DOW occurred in late 2008/2009 and we did some major damage there including a 1,000 point drop. Great buying op. Then we have to go back to the Iraq war (2003) to see a time when we accomplished the same damage.

Attachment 368233

And so today, you have the DOW selling off on HF trading down to its 200-dma! That's it, the 200-dma was the trigger point for the rally/bounce off the lows today and now we have a green light to call this over. BBRY could close positive today, as might many stocks and you had the chance to buy at bargain basement pricing.
    Green...

Attachment 368254
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150824_181240.png  
    08-24-15 11:14 AM
    If and the only if.
    Aunt had the balls, she would have been called Uncle. some how more negative, blackberry dead callers claim to be from England. they do have the right to be wrong for last 3 years.
    08-24-15 11:19 AM
    Nice bounce... 2+%. The new BlackBerry Bounce is on it's way. It runs on steroids...

Posted via CB10
    zyben, morganplus8, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    08-24-15 11:33 AM
    Nice bounce... 2+%. The new BlackBerry Bounce is on it's way. It runs on steroids...

Posted via CB10
    As long as it's not "androids". LoL
    zyben, randall2580, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    08-24-15 11:49 AM
    08-24-15 11:53 AM
    Thanks Morgan!

Perhaps wishful thinking. I actually hope they can get android running on the same device as bb10. Wouldn't it be great if switching was a simple as changing between work and personal spaces with BlackBerry Balance to expose full android. . I can hope.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    08-24-15 12:12 PM
    So a global downturn will not affect these Fortune 500 Companies??? Are you sure about that?

And sadly you can look at total hardware sales for the last two year, and where Service revenues are right now.... and it's clear that BlackBerry's customers from the PAST are not currently on track to be their customers for the future.

Pretty sure if fewer cars are sold... QNX will be impacted.
    A lot of doctors and hospitals did get impacted by the last downturn... not sure they'll be as willing to buy what Nanthealth is selling.
    IoT.... if consumers and business are buying less or making do with the software solutions they are currently using... not sure how easy it will be for BlackBerry to break in... once they have a product.

I don't care how much potential BlackBerry has, or how great their products could become.... CHEN needs time, and a global downturn could reduce the amount of time he'll have.
    Actually I think these conditions force Fortune 500 companies to slash marketing budgets, staff surpluses, and stock repurchase programs and reinvest in equipment efficiencies and security. But hey, what do I know.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:27 PM
    "Gave up" ?????

WTF are you talking about.... this doesn't make sense at all
    quite the opposite actually.
    I think you need to revisit and rethink that comment....
    I hope you're right, but what I said is what I expect the street to perceive. From what I know today, my statement is accurate. BB10 OS will be maintained as I BES alternative only, if that.

This is a stock thread is it not? I'd prefer to say what makes both of us happy. I cannot. If all y'all want to to to to cheerleader, this thread should have ended a long time ago.
    08-24-15 01:38 PM
    ...From what I know today, my statement is accurate. ...
    Dude, WTF...
    This is what you said:
    How do you sell yourself as a software company, when you gave up on your own and started using the competition's?
    How is that accurate?
    hpjrt, bungaboy, zyben and 2 others like this.
    08-24-15 01:54 PM
    If anything, he does have cash, and cash does buy time.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, bungaboy, zyben and 2 others like this.
    08-24-15 02:00 PM
    Actually I think these conditions force Fortune 500 companies to slash marketing budgets, staff surpluses, and stock repurchase programs and reinvest in equipment efficiencies and security. But hey, what do I know.

Posted via CB10
    I agree.... Except for why would a downturn make security a pirority over any other time. Anyway still don't see how that helps BlackBerry.

It's one thing to SAY that the majority of Fortune 500 companies have BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10. It's a totally different thing to say that they are USING BES10 (now 12) and BB10 today. Sales of hardware and current BES License revenue seem to indicate that the "testing" did not result in large scale deployments and/or purchases.

So I fail to see how a downturn in the economy at this point would lead them to CHANGING to BES12 and whatever hardware BlackBerry ends up making. Too be honest BlackBerry changing their platform again would be more of a concern for some I think.

I just think for Chen to have his "chance" the economy needs to be somewhat stable.
    08-24-15 02:17 PM
    I agree.... Except for why would a downturn make security a pirority over any other time. Anyway still don't see how that helps BlackBerry.

It's one thing to SAY that the majority of Fortune 500 companies have BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10. It's a totally different thing to say that they are USING BES10 (now 12) and BB10 today. Sales of hardware and current BES License revenue seem to indicate that the "testing" did not result in large scale deployments and/or purchases.

So I fail to see how a downturn in the economy at this point would lead them to CHANGING to BES12 and whatever hardware BlackBerry ends up making. Too be honest BlackBerry changing their platform again would be more of a concern for some I think.

I just think for Chen to have his "chance" the economy needs to be somewhat stable.
    Not sure what you're having trouble with.

Blackberry products and services are what these companies and governments NEED.

Will the G20 stop using BES because of a downturn? How about Fortune 500 companies that require Blackberry security. Will they stop using Antivirus as well?? Maybe sell their IPS system for some extra cash?

Of course not.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:27 PM
    Dude, WTF...
    This is what you said:

How is that accurate?
    I thought his comment was pretty clear. BlackBerry are apparently a software company now, but seem to be giving up, at least somewhat, on their own software: BlackBerry 10. Perhaps I misunderstood, but I think that was what he was saying.

Maybe they aren't, and are only doing this Android thing before unleashing the supreme power of BlackBerry 10 on the universe, but the media will definitely comment on BlackBerry 'giving up' and capitulating to Android. That's for sure. Then, there is the possibility that most people who don't already own a BlackBerry still ignore the slider, while BlackBerry 10 owners form the majority of people who switch from BlackBerry 10 to Android on the slider. It's obviously not possible to tell how things will play out yet. As BlackBerry will certainly not advertise the slider well well at all, it's certain to sell poorly anyway. After the slider, it's hard to say what BlackBerry will do. It's all looking a bit chaotic from an outsider's perspective. As always...we will see.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-24-15 02:46 PM
    I hope you're right, but what I said is what I expect the street to perceive. From what I know today, my statement is accurate. BB10 OS will be maintained as I BES alternative only, if that.

This is a stock thread is it not? I'd prefer to say what makes both of us happy. I cannot. If all y'all want to to to to cheerleader, this thread should have ended a long time ago.
    Where did you get this information? BlackBerry has made no such announcement.

Your cheerleader comment is typical of the trolls that infest CB. Cmon man, you're a mod, you should know better. So just because someone has a positive outlook on the company, one that is different from yours, they are blindly cheerleading?

Yeah, this is a stock thread. The title reads "I Support BlackBerry and I Buy Shares". It's obviously intended for people who support the company. To come in here suggesting that we're cheerleading and that the thread should have been closed long ago is plain wrong.
    Last edited by zyben; 08-24-15 at 03:22 PM.
    08-24-15 02:47 PM
113,256 ... 35163517351835193520 ...