You don't have a clue.
    08-22-15 04:52 PM
    You don't have a clue.
    You don't have an avatar.

Classically Posted.
    08-22-15 05:09 PM
    You don't have a clue.
    I don't have an avatar neither ;-)

This song makes me relax..You know..saturday night here ;-) Maybe some of you will appreciate!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 05:31 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, with another regularly found vulnerability from iOS:

Enterprise placed at risk by iOS sandbox vulnerability | ZDNet

"The vulnerability then allows malicious apps, distributed through iTunes, to harvest this data and send it back to the attacker. ...Appthority says that 67 percent of apps reliant on configuration through MDM referenced server authentication tokens, which could become a serious security risk to businesses. Users are encouraged to install the latest update to avoid becoming a victim of this vulnerability."

Some other companies doing the same would be burned to the stake, but here no panic. Additionally will the Ashley Madison hack, contribute to get a few out of their deep sleep along the way?
    08-22-15 07:13 PM
    Let's try again : cgk # 87931, you don't have a clue.
    08-22-15 07:54 PM
    Let's try again : cgk # 87931, you don't have a clue.
    Please elaborate
    08-22-15 08:01 PM
    New rumors pointing to Android-powered BlackBerry Passport 2

New rumors pointing to Android-powered BlackBerry Passport 2
    By Andrei Klein on August 22, 2015

We already know that the first Android BlackBerry, known as Venice, will be introduced soon. Still, it seems that this wont be the only device in the Canadian manufacturers portfolio to use Googles operating system! The latest rumors are pointing to a new version of the squared BlackBerry Passport, but using Android instead of BlackBerry 10.

One more Android, scheduled for 2016

According to TudoCellular, the Brazilian website that spotted the device in a video, the phone will be known as BlackBerry Passport 2 and will be made available in the second quarter of 2016.

Also, a set of images with the device were published, revealing a, most likely, early prototype of the phone, running BlackBerry 5.1. On the other side, theres no confirmation of the fact that this phone will indeed be launched on the market.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-blackberry-passport-2-1024x586.jpg

If Venice turns out to be a success, and BB users will start liking the idea of their favorite phones running Android, the manufacturer will indeed consider releasing the BlackBerry Passport 2. Considering that Venice is schedule to make its debut around November, just before the Christmas season, we have all the reasons to believe that it will be very well received by the market.

Should we expect better hardware?

We dont know if the operating system will be the only update, as a hardware boost will be more than welcome. If not, the BlackBerry Passport 2 will come with the same 4.5″ IPS LCD display as its predecessor, with a resolution of 1440 x 1440 and covered by Cornings Gorilla Glass 3.

Under the hood it will have a Snapdragon 801 chipset, with four Krait 400 cores, running at 2.26 GHz, alongside 3 GB of RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and 32 GB of expandable storage.

The rear camera will use a 13 MP sensor, while the front-facing one will rely on a 2 MP snapper. Finally, the battery could sport the same capacity of 3450 mAh.

Would you buy this rumored BlackBerry Passport 2?
    theRock1975, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    08-22-15 08:10 PM

OT>

Microsoft Surface Phones and Microsoft Lumia 950 to be Announced in the Month of October - The REM

Microsoft Surface Phones and Microsoft Lumia 950 to be Announced in the Month of October

Aug 23, 2015 By Aditya

Microsoft has been a company which has been around for a very long period of time, and have established their status in the markets as true giants.

They, along with Apple and Google form the holy trinity in the world of technology.

The company plans to release many big projects in the days to come and has been revolutionizing the world of software technology and operating systems ever since their inception.

What sets Microsoft apart from other tech firms is the fact that the company has been around for a long time and has been led by names such as Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer, and the reins of the company are now being held by SatyaNadella, who is a progressive leader, guiding the company in a whole new direction!

Under SatyaNadella, Microsoft has seen great progress, and the Microsoft Mobiles division has been the only failure that they have faced and been criticized for.

The company has been coming out with the Lumia series of devices that run on the Windows 10 Mobile OS and have been performing poorly in the markets.

Microsoft in the last one year has faced a loss of over 7.6 Billion USD, and has lost 7800 employees over the Microsoft Mobiles.

However, the future is expected to hold good news for the firm as they now plan to release the Lumia 950 and Microsoft Surface Phones, which are expected to change the markets.

Following are the features of the two:
    1. Lumia 950: With the Lumia 950, the company is all set to create a flagship Lumia device, which has been something that has been missing from the companys arsenal for a very long time. Microsoft has been doing many awesome things off late, and this is certainly something that they have missed out on, big time! Microsoft is going to launch the phone in two variants the Lumia 950 and the larger variant, Lumia 950 XL.
    2. Microsoft Surface Phones: The company plans to release the Surface phones next year, and are expected to announce them soon. The company will be projecting them as the next blackberry devices, and are planning to launch them with 6GB of RAM and deca core CPUs. Microsoft is expected to price them at a heavy premium and are looking forward to have them as the evolution of a mobile phone. These phones would essentially run on the same technology on which the surface tablets run on.

08-22-15 08:20 PM
    I3, i5 and i7 processors on phones are not far away.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 08:27 PM

New Images & Details Of Android BlackBerry Passport Surface | Androidheadlines.com

New Images & Details Of Android BlackBerry Passport Surface

August 22, 2015 - Written By John Anon

The rumored BlackBerry running on Android is one of the most speculated on devices of the year. The rumors have been ongoing and although no official confirmation has come through, it is largely believed that BlackBerry are planning on launching an Android device in the next couple of months. The device expected to land is the BlackBerry Venice and has been noted in various renders over the last few weeks sporting a sliding keyboard with the latest details suggesting Venice will land sometime in November. However, there has also been other rumors suggesting BlackBerry are planning on releasing two Android devices in the near future.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-android-blackberry-passport-leak.jpg

Well, the notion of two Android powered BlackBerry devices resurfaced a couple weeks ago when images of what seemed to be a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition were spotted online. Needless to say, the images showed the BlackBerry Passport running on Android and instantly caused a stir. Following on from this, there is some more news coming through now about the second device. The latest information suggests that BlackBerry is indeed working on a BlackBerry Passport which will run on Android and it will indeed be a second Android device from the company, following the BlackBerry Venice in November. The Android Passport is said to go by the BlackBerry Passport 2 name and will be available in the second quarter of 2016.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-android-blackberry-passport-leak-2-150x84.jpg

However, it is not that straightforward. The same source states that the BlackBerry Passport 2 will only reach the market if the BlackBerry Venice proves to be a successful device once it is released. As such, the assumption is, if Venice fails, the BlackBerry Passport 2 will not arrive. The source of the information is a YouTuber who also claims to have the device in hand. It is only a prototype, but one which is said to be fully functional. To further back up the claims, the YouTuber has provided new images of the device which do seem to be showing a Silver Edition BlackBerry Passport running on Android. Although, as with anything like this, caution needs to be taken. You can see the latest images of the Android powered BlackBerry Passport Below.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-blackberry-passport-2-1024x586.jpg

08-22-15 08:28 PM

Hands-On With Ford?s Sync 3 | TechCrunch

Hands-On With Fords Sync 3
    by Frederic Lardinois (@fredericl)

Ford was one of the first major car manufacturers to bring connected car technology to its lineup with Sync in 2007, but while the first iterations of its Sync and later MyFord Touch infotainment systems were ahead of their time in the car world, they were also rather slow, cluttered and clunky.

Sync 3, which is now available on the 2016 Ford Escape compact SUV and Fiesta subcompact, is a welcome departure from all of that. Instead of trying to be innovative for the sake of it, Sync 3 goes back to the basics and provides drivers with an infotainment system that stays out of the way and simply works.

Ford borrowed me a 2016 Escape earlier this month to get some hands-on experience with the new system.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-ford-1-4.jpg

The last two iterations of Sync (the technology) and MyFord Touch (the touch-screen based interface to it) were based on Microsoft Auto. After reviewers and consumers panned the first version, the company decided that it wanted to give drivers the opportunity to update their cars to the next version. That, however, meant that Ford was able to make a lot of software changes that made the last version significantly better than the first (though still far from great), but stuck with the same slow hardware to ensure compatibility.

Ford switched to BlackBerrys QNX for Sync 3 and while switching screens and zooming around the built-in navigation system doesnt quite feel as smooth as on an iPad just yet, everything still feels plenty fast. In earlier versions, it sometimes felt like you were fighting against the system now it works with you.

Sync 3 is a complete redesign of the earlier versions. Its focus on large icons and easy to read text makes using the system about as easy as using an 8-inch touchscreen while driving gets.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-ford-1-3.jpg

For the most part, all of the most often used features like climate and volume control still have physical counterparts on the center stack and wheel (at least in the Escape I drove). For changing the volume, those physical knobs will always remain easier to use than screens, but when it comes to navigation or interacting with apps, Fords focus on a utilitarian design over fanciful flourishes helps you to get things done fast and your eyes back on the road.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-ford-1-5.jpg

Voice control, of course, is also always an option (and probably the safer one). Over the years, Ford has gotten better at this, but dont expect a Siri- or Google-like experience. You cant just start chatting with Sync. OK Sync, please set the temperature to 72 degrees wont get you very far (but Sync 3 integrates with Siris Eyes Free feature if you have an iPhone). Sync still needs you to stick to a small set of pre-programmed voice commands. Voice recognition works extremely well, but I tend to find using voice more distracting than just changing the temperature by hand.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-ford-1-8.jpg

Like the rest of the system, the navigation feature (which costs an extra $795) does exactly what it is meant to do (and you can get updates over WiFiwhen youre at home). It now features lane guidance, which wasnt all that useful on our trip to the Oregon coast, but makes a world of difference when youre driving through a new city.

Unlike other car makers, Ford always bet that drivers would bring their own connectivity and apps to the car. Sync 3 is no exception. Like in previous versions, a small number of approved apps like Pandora, Spotify, Glympse and iHeartRadio can interact with Sync directly and let you interact with them using the touchscreen and physical controls. My trusty old Nexus 5 had some issues connecting over Bluetooth at first, but once it did, everything worked as advertised.

With Sync 3, Ford has finally released an infotainment system that brings together all of the disparate technologies it developed over the last few years (Sync which actually debuted in 2007, MyFord Touch, and AppLink for connecting the car to apps on your phone) into a single platform. While it was one of the first to offer these technologies, others car makers now offer similar functionality. Ford says Sync 3 may support Apples CarPlay and Android Car in the future, but its unclear when/if that will happen.

For now, one thing is clear: Sync 3 is a reason to give Ford another look if youre in the market for a new car and thats not something I wouldve said about its first iterations.
    08-22-15 08:37 PM
    My gut feeling is as follows:

• BB10 is for corporations who need top-notch security - the runtime is stripped out of new phones and unsupported on existing ones - they expect volume to be low and stay low
    • BBA is for prosumers and corporation who need better security - is virtually stock android and the 'secret sauce' is an an implementation of blackberry blend similar to Knox. You try and root the phone or fiddle with the boot-loader and the container with all the container data wipes itself - they need volume to be higher because it cross-subsidies BB10 hardware.
    Plausible.

I fall into the 'Prosumer' mob I guess, but if this AndroBerry does not support gestures a la' BB10, I am probably out. I'll stay a bb10 hugger.

My new signature footer would have to become:
    "A Christian AND a bb10 user. Now that is playing the odds!"
    08-22-15 11:06 PM
    Plausible.

I fall into the 'Prosumer' mob I guess, but if this AndroBerry does not support gestures a la' BB10, I am probably out. I'll stay a bb10 hugger.

My new signature footer would have to become:
    "A Christian AND a bb10 user. Now that is playing the odds!"

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 08-23-15 at 12:45 PM.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    08-23-15 12:06 AM
    I'll keep my hopes high, and my expectations low. It took them two years of development to get BB10 to include 80% of the features BBOS offered. Protect and Link are still sadly lacking any useful gradients. TG this Z30 is good enough for the next year or so, being a VZW user. Wish I was contributing to BlackBerry's future, but I haven't been offered a worthy option to date.
    08-23-15 12:19 AM
    I'll keep my hopes high, and my expectations low. It took them two years of development to get BB10 to include 80% of the features BBOS offered. Protect and Link are still sadly lacking any useful gradients. TG this Z30 is good enough for the next year or so, being a VZW user. Wish I was contributing to BlackBerry's future, but I haven't been offered a worthy option to date.
    Is there a reason you must stay with Verizon? Coverage, price, etc?
    08-23-15 08:39 AM
    Is there a reason you must stay with Verizon? Coverage, price, etc?
    All of the above

I started on at&t, and their customer service cannot compare to VZW, nor their coverage. I also get a huge discount with VZW that places my monthly cost comparable to lesser carriers like T-Mo.

Edit - The Passport never held any interest to me anyway. Had it been a Z50 released under the same scenario, maybe, just maybe...
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    08-23-15 08:45 AM
    Belgian GP. Mercedes 1-2!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-0c78c5a9-47e7-416f-9235-edcfaa21443a.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-ce763278-eb63-43a9-87c9-5d0218745ed8.jpg
    08-23-15 08:56 AM
    The Android Blackberry will be a great differentiator in a sea of boring and unintuitive Android phones.

It will be the most secure Android device.
    It will have excellent hardware (Paratek, high specs..)
    It will have a cleaner UI and productivity hub.

As a BB10 user, I would still see it as a downgrade to switch to the Android "powered" device. We already have these advantages but I still prefer the others.. like the ability to play youtube videos in a background process, slide show pics to my Smart TV with music(doesn't work with my brother's Samsung Galaxy), excellent use of gestures, the smooth responsiveness of an RTOS, better multitasking...

Hopefully, smartphone salespeople won't try to convince people away from the BEST Android phone. For Android fans, this is a definite upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 09:34 AM
    The Android Blackberry will be a great differentiator in a sea of boring and unintuitive Android phones.

It will be the most secure Android device.
    It will have excellent hardware (Paratek, high specs..)
    It will have a cleaner UI and productivity hub.

Posted via CB10
    You've just made me think - I wonder if they will have to start paying MSFT the android tax like other android OEMs or if it is covered by existing patent licensing deals they have.
    08-23-15 09:39 AM
    You've just made me think - I wonder if they will have to start paying MSFT the android tax like other android OEMs or if it is covered by existing patent licensing deals they have.
    Blackberry has more IP to bargain with. If they have to pay, it likely won't be as much as a hardware vendor that has 0 software patents.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen, zyben and 2 others like this.
    08-23-15 09:51 AM
    Typical afternoon on Hollywood Blvd

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150610_102014.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 03:17 PM
    Big Bad Ben needs a group cheer, he's spent the last few weeks exploring the better food establishments through Spain and particularly Lyon France...well done BBB

Edit: we are headed there early next month and Ben has been so helpful...thank you sir!

Classically Posted.
    08-23-15 04:41 PM
    Far from everything but still reading occasionally the gang !
    Another postcard from my Passport and a trick you may find useful for your next picnic
    Cheers all, back in business in 5 days...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150823_195907.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150821_220449.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 04:59 PM
    Far from everything but still reading occasionally the gang !
    Another postcard from my Passport and a trick you may find useful for your next picnic
    Cheers all, back in business in 5 days...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150823_195907.jpg 
Views:	1448 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	368167

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150821_220449.jpg 
Views:	1440 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	368168

Posted via CB10
    That's great use of that Passport flashlight while camping! Thanks for the camp hack SF!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:17 AM

Skip to min 5

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-24-15 03:39 AM
105,639 ... 35143515351635173518 ...