View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Sorry I didn't phrase that as well I I should have. The breach had nothing to do with BES. Her emails were sent from a private account and the emails were stored on a private server that was maintained by Clinton. The server/account was not a secured state department server/account and as she was transmitting information that should have been marked as classified Secret and weren't. The gist of everything is that official business was done on unofficial channels that don't meet with policy mandates for transmitting classified information.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Like I said I haven't kept up with it but I thought there were early reports that what she did wasn't against State Department policy (for reasons I didnt catch). So if that is still true, then the State Department's IT department is just as much, if not more responsible than Clinton, as they were the one's who authorized it.

Then again, in light of the Office of Personnel Management breach, Secretary Clinton's emails may have been the only emails the hackers didn't get! LOL (this last statement was purely said in jest!).

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 02:38 PM
    I must be squeaky clean . . . because I certainly took a bath today.
    Ugh.
    3MIKE and Shanerredflag like this.
    08-21-15 04:11 PM
    I must be squeaky clean . . . because I certainly took a bath today.
    Ugh.
    I think everyone and their mother took a bath today in the markets.

one big CESSPOOL today !

3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-21-15 05:04 PM
    Blackberry's new business development director | Lalvani joins company | Fleet Management content from Fleet Owner

Aaron Lalvani joins BlackBerry

Aug 21, 2015 Fleet Owner

Aaron Lalvani has joined BlackBerry Limited as senior director of business development, IoT. He will be responsible for product management and business development‎ for BlackBerry's asset tracking solution in the global transportation sector.

According to the company, Lalvani brings 18 years of transportation experience in the areas of ground, road, and rail transport, and sales and logistics consulting expertise to BlackBerry’s IoT team.

Prior to joining BlackBerry, he was executive director at CCL and Conlog (a freight consortium of shippers), and was president of Lalvani Group, a logistics consulting firm.
    rarsen, zyben, bungaboy and 8 others like this.
    08-21-15 05:05 PM
    Yep. Right on schedule. Now we should see upward ticks in SP as we move to ER, after hearing some big news....
    Do you mean buyback can start only after this filling?
    08-21-15 05:09 PM
    I think everyone and their mother took a bath today in the markets.

one big CESSPOOL today !

Everything of mine is down as well except one which is up 15%.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 05:15 PM
    Looks like the Curved Screen is now making its way to the mass manufacturers... which may explain why the BB rumored device has it ?

(possibly not as a result of the Samsung Partnership or some other screen manufacturer ?? )

Curved Screen, OLED , display in the upcoming LG... just like the rumour specs of the Venice.

Will the G Edge be LG's answer to the Galaxy S6 Edge?

Will the G Edge be LGs answer to Samsungs Galaxy S6 Edge?
    by: Rob Triggs

Earlier in the week, LG trademarked a number of Edge-related names, prompting rumors that the company could be preparing to launch a curved display smartphone that could rival the stylish looking Galaxy S6 Edge and S6 Edge+ from Samsung. There arent any remotely official looking details about such a device floating around right now, but with a second, even more premium smartphone on the way from LG later this year, anticipation is high that LG may have something planned.

What we do know is that LG has the right technology for such a device. The company has already released a handful of smartphones based on flexible display technology, which make use of both LCD and OLED panels types. OLED being the technological basis for Samsungs curved active-matrix OLED (AMOLED) display in its Edge products.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-lg-chem-plastic-based-truly-flexible-oled-light-panel-840x326.jpg

However, the subtly curved display of the G4 and LGs other mid-range products this year is based on its LCD technology, which is not particularly bendable. The G Flex range is based on LGs P-OLED technology which is far more flexible, as can been seen by the slight flexibility lent to these phones. LGs OLED technology is going to be the key if the company wants to produce more flexible phones in the future. However, the Flex phones have been much smaller releases for the company. We are yet to see a truly mainstream mobile product based on flexible OLED technology from LG.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-lg-g-flex-2-unboxing-aa-13-31-710x399.jpg

Part of this is down to LGs production setup. LCD has long been the backbone of LG Displays mobile products, but the company has been transitioning to accommodate additional OLED production. This week, LG Display confirmed that it is to invest an additional $8.5 billion into development of next-generation OLED displays, for use in products ranging from TVs to flexible mobile electronics. The company is also bolstering flexible OLED production with a $0.91 billion investment into its 6th generation production technique, but these investments are going to take years to mature.

The other half of the battle is display quality, resolution and cost of production. Samsung has long been in the mobile AMOLED game, which has given the company plenty of time to improve its technology. LGs latest P-OLED display in the G Flex 2 comes in at a lower 1080p resolution than the QHD panel found in Samsungs latest phones. A QHD smartphone OLED panel is probably on the way from LG, but the company hasnt announced anything yet.

The big upside with LGs OLED technology is that it has proven to be extremely flexible and versatile. Recently the company showcased a selection of wallpaper TVs which are not only about as thin as a credit card, but also bendable for easy mounting. LG also has a selection of concave and convex TV designs, any of which could be adapted for mobile if needed.

The company can already produce these panels in a variety of sizes, but there isnt a clear use case for this technology in a mobile product. Other flexible components, such as circuits and batteries, are not as advanced and are overly expensive at the moment, leaving us some years short from a truly bendable portable computer. LGs curved mobile products are pretty much the most that can be done right now, although an Edge-type design is another possibility.

Plastic-OLED also offers a cost advantage over more complex LCD circuitry and pixel designs. The use of plastic, which enables a wide variety of flexibility, is also cheaper than the typical glass alternative for OLED displays. Although LG may not have been first with the technology, the company may be able to compete with a new slimmer design and a lower price point.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-lcd-vs-glass-oled-vs-plastic-oled-thickness.jpg

The mysterious dual-Edge LG prototype (below) is arguably our best look at what a future G Edge smartphone may look like, which would go directly up against Samsungs design. However, the prototype apparently only had a resolution of 1280720 pixels and a peak brightness of just 300 nits, well behind Samsungs equivalent design. Although, LG has no doubt improved its technology since then.

The BlackBerry Venice also sports a similar look and is rumored to have a QHD resolution, but we dont know who is manufacturing the display, it could be either LG or Samsung.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-curved-displays-hot-840x403.jpg

Perhaps, the G Edge, if or whenever it appears, will be LGs first major flagship to make use of the companys advanced OLED panels, but its not quite clear how close the company will be able to get to Samsungs industry leading display technology with a first generation Edge product. A major global launch could also be some distance away, depending on how LG prioritises its OLED production capabilities. However, LG is betting big on a future in OLED and Im sure we will see some exciting mobile products in the not too distant future.
    zyben, bungaboy, awindsr and 4 others like this.
    08-21-15 05:35 PM

OT>

Speaking of "EDGE" screen...

LG Messes With Samsung, Files Trademark For Several 'Edge' Phrases : BIZ TECH : Tech Times

LG Messes With Samsung, Files Trademark For Several 'Edge' Phrases

By Alexandra Burlacu, Tech Times | August 21, 8:03 AM

LG has apparently gone on a trademarking spree for names containing the "Edge" moniker, potentially trying to mess up Samsung's game.

Samsung already has several "Edge" devices on the market, with the term "Edge" used to denote a special screen design with an edge curvature that displays notifications.

The first device to boast this technology was the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, which came with the aforementioned curvature on one side of the display. Samsung then took things to the next level with the Galaxy S6 Edge, which sports a dual-edge display, i.e. it's curved on both sides. The company just released its latest Edge device as the Galaxy S6 Edge+ and it likely has more plans for its Edge display technology in the future.

While the Galaxy Note Edge was successful, but not exactly a smashing hit, the Galaxy S6 Edge raised more interest due to its sleek design and dual-edge functionality. The latest Galaxy S6 Edge+ is expected to be quite popular as well, boasting the same design language and dual-edge functionality of the regular S6 Edge. If some recent trademarks are any indication, however, Samsung may soon have some competition on the Edge market.

Fellow South Korean company LG may have a plan to steal Samsung's thunder, seeking to get an edge with trademarks filed at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). As Phandroid reports, LG applied for trademarks for a number of phrases containing the "Edge" term, including Super Edge, Dual Edge, Dual Side Edge, Upper Edge, Side Edge, Double Edge, G Edge and Two Edge.

Leaving aside the trolling theory, the trademarks could suggest some plans for LG to join the Edge party with such curved smartphones of its own. LG already has curved handsets, but with a different curvature and a different approach. Samsung's curved Edge display technology offers various functionality and LG could be looking to offer something similar.

The trademark filings don't reveal much, but they do note "smartphones" as one of the potential applications of the Edge names.

It remains to be seen whether we'll get a new LG G Edge or LG Dual Edge anytime soon, but for now the company seems to be busy trademarking. LG offered no details on the matter just yet so it's tough to tell at this point just what the company plans to do with these trademarks, but one thing's for sure: it has Samsung in its sights.
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    08-21-15 05:38 PM
    Weekends were made for fun. And BlackBerrys were made for the most discerning smartphone users on the planet:

Enjoy yourselves and why not post some photos of your weekend activities!(legal activities only please)
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    08-21-15 06:46 PM
    This helps to forget the hottest week of the summer and the sweatiest week in the stock market
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150821_212929.jpg
    bspence87, zyben, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    08-21-15 08:38 PM
    Sorry guys that's the last drop !!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150821_214853.jpg
    08-21-15 08:51 PM
    Maybe this android running BlackBerry system apps I'd the 'trick up their sleeve' JC was talking about 3 months ago?

If he can get full google services on a BlackBerry Droid, with a pkb, he might have a money maker on his hands that will serve as a great stop gap till software ramps up

It's all so interconnected, without a great reputation, BlackBerry is always uphill fighting.

If they can Crack the code, the potential is unlimited

I want to be at the party!

Posted via CB10
    Yep. That is part of what was 'brewing'. I think the other parts will be some cool accompanied Apps, big BES12 news, and a wild card that the new phone is perhaps made by LG(?).

I was propagating from the beginning that the slider would be made by Samsung, but after the S6 Edge keyboard stunt, I am less sure. I would be jazzed to see LG in there....

Safe weekend gents!
    zyben, 3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    08-21-15 10:14 PM
    This helps to forget the hottest week of the summer and the sweatiest week in the stock market
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150821_212929.jpg 
Views:	1744 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	367851
    And this mezcal will help you forget whatever else may b on your mind. Cheers!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150807_231529_hdr.jpg
    BACK-2-BLACK, 3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    08-21-15 10:46 PM
    Yep. That is part of what was 'brewing'. I think the other parts will be some cool accompanied Apps, big BES12 news, and a wild card that the new phone is perhaps made by LG(?).

I was propagating from the beginning that the slider would be made by Samsung, but after the S6 Edge keyboard stunt, I am less sure. I would be jazzed to see LG in there....

Safe weekend gents!
    None of those companies could make an android phone for Bbry while the runtime is still a 'going concern' on bb10 - although I guess they could if they do some deal to EOL it on the release of the device - maybe wouldn't need to remove it from older bb10 devices but not have it on newer ones.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    08-22-15 03:30 AM

Street is Expecting BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) to Report $-0.07 for Q1 | The Markets Daily

Street is Expecting BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) to Report $-0.07 for Q1

 Aug 21, 2015  Markets Staff

According to analysts on Wall Street, BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) is expected to report earnings per share for the current fiscal quarter of $-0.07. This is the consensus mean estimate based on the individual covering sell-side analysts reported numbers. The company last reported earnings for the period ending on 2015-05-31 of $-0.05 for the most recent quarter.

On a consensus basis, Wall Street sell-side analysts have a mean target price of $9.539 for BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY). This number is based on the mean estimate from the 19 research firms that recently issued reports on the company.The most recent price target update was made on 2015-08-11.

The average broker recommendation is arithmetical average of the individual ratings contributed by sell-side analysts to produce a Consensus Analyst Rating for each stock. On a scale of 1 to 5 where 1 is a Strong Buy and 5 is a Strong Sell, has the stock ranked 2.86 based on 19 sell-side broker recommendations. Of the 19 analyst estimates, the most bullish sees the stock reaching $14 within the next 12 months while the most bearish analyst sees the stock at $6 within the year.

In looking at the long term growth prospects of the company, sell-side analysts have a consensus mean earnings per share estimate for the current year of $-0.15 . The high end estimate for this time frame is $0.21 with the low being $-0.56. In looking at the next three to five years, the long term earnings per share estimate growth rate for the company is 10.5%, based on 2 analysts providing projections.

BlackBerry Limited, formerly Research In Motion Limited is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services, it provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to information, including e-mail, voice, instant messaging, short message service (SMS), Internet and intranet-based applications and browsing. The Companys technology also enables an array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services through software development kits, wireless connectivity to data and third-party support programs. Its portfolio of products, services and embedded technologies are used by thousands of organizations and millions of consumers around the world and include the BlackBerry wireless solution, and the RIM Wireless Handheld product line. Effective May 31, 2013, BlackBerry Ltd acquired Scroon SA.

bungaboy, zyben and 3MIKE like this.
    08-22-15 07:50 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-c00011785_e04e6a60-48a4-11e5-a77d-0200ac17781b.jpeg

Belgian GP: Mercedes qualify 1, 2
    rarsen, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    08-22-15 08:58 AM

Name:	C00011785_e04e6a60-48a4-11e5-a77d-0200ac17781b.jpeg 
Views:	1816 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	367934

You should have used the 'burst'..You know, those things fly! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, zyben and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    08-22-15 09:16 AM
    You should have used the 'burst'..You know, those things fly! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    I went to the Belgian Grand Prix last year and have many photos like that!
    08-22-15 09:38 AM
    OT:
    Since we are talking motorcars, I could have posted a fascinating lap around the Spa circuit but thought this would be better...

bungaboy, bbjdog, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    08-22-15 09:51 AM
    This fellow maybe on to something...worth your few minutes.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...heory-1034849/
    08-22-15 12:15 PM
    None of those companies could make an android phone for Bbry while the runtime is still a 'going concern' on bb10 - although I guess they could if they do some deal to EOL it on the release of the device - maybe wouldn't need to remove it from older bb10 devices but not have it on newer ones.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, juggling the guidelines that Google uses for Android is up in the air. What's interesting is the Java lawsuit worth billions between Oracle and Google. This alone could change all the rules of the Android game going forth.

LG seems to be somewhat of a wildcard here because of their relatively new involvement with BlackBerry. The reason why I am questioning who the Slider build will be from now is because of the eye-poke that Samsung just gave to BlackBerry with that cheese keyboard release. It has to be more than a mere exercise of some patent that Samsung had in a file cabinet behind the Elvis LP's.

Something else is brewing....
    08-22-15 01:51 PM

Name:	C00011785_e04e6a60-48a4-11e5-a77d-0200ac17781b.jpeg 
Views:	1816 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	367934

... Apparently that would not have happened if taken with the Silver (Mercedes Petronas?) edition of the Passport.
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, zyben and 1 others like this.
    08-22-15 01:58 PM
    Yeah, juggling the guidelines that Google uses for Android is up in the air. What's interesting is the Java lawsuit worth billions between Oracle and Google. This alone could change all the rules of the Android game going forth.

LG seems to be somewhat of a wildcard here because of their relatively new involvement with BlackBerry. The reason why I am questioning who the Slider build will be from now is because of the eye-poke that Samsung just gave to BlackBerry with that cheese keyboard release. It has to be more than a mere exercise of some patent that Samsung had in a file cabinet behind the Elvis LP's.

Something else is brewing....
    My gut feeling is as follows:

• BB10 is for corporations who need top-notch security - the runtime is stripped out of new phones and unsupported on existing ones - they expect volume to be low and stay low
    • BBA is for prosumers and corporation who need better security - is virtually stock android and the 'secret sauce' is an an implementation of blackberry blend similar to Knox. You try and root the phone or fiddle with the boot-loader and the container with all the container data wipes itself - they need volume to be higher because it cross-subsidies BB10 hardware.
    RigoMonster and BigBadWulf like this.
    08-22-15 02:31 PM
    This is what hub looks like on Android:

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/635180959353188353
    08-22-15 03:25 PM
    OT:
    Since we are talking motorcars, I could have posted a fascinating lap around the Spa circuit but thought this would be better...

LOL....that's hilarious LOL.

Classically Posted.
    08-22-15 03:40 PM
107,100 ... 35133514351535163517 ...