View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Not terribly surprised, but then again, you can't release the Leap as a one per year device and expect good sales.

Blackberry may cut device launches to just one a year, says CEO | ZDNet
    The Leap was designed for the enterprise market.

I think Windows will replace BlackBerry as the business phone. It's hard to compete against the Continuum feature. Microsoft is building Intel phones that can run full Windows and solve all the computing needs of employees. That's going to give them an edge in EMM too.
    07-24-15 09:18 AM

I think Windows will replace BlackBerry as the business phone. It's hard to compete against the Continuum feature. Microsoft is building Intel phones that can run full Windows and solve all the computing needs of employees. That's going to give them an edge in EMM too.
    Thank you for telling us the future to come.
    3MIKE, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    07-24-15 09:30 AM
    It's been mostly marketed towards entrepreneurs. The point is that most people who buy the Passport, for example, won't want a Leap. Maybe a Z30 successor, but not a Leap. The people who want a Classic won't want the Leap. The issue with BB, unlike Apple, is that BlackBerry is split between touch screen and QWERTY, so if they decide on one device per year, that will prove to be difficult. Moreover, if this year is a mid-range device release, what do people like me do?

Technology changes every day. If I have to wait til 2017 to replace my Passport, it may be considerably behind the times by then.
    3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    07-24-15 09:33 AM

No the LEAP is basically the Z3, which was designed for developing markets... and consumers.

And was another example of BlackBerry living in the past where the Curve was a big seller due to it's lower cost. But enterprise today has learned that quality, functionality and productivity are worth a few extra hundred dollars. Which is why many companies are issuing very expensive flagship devices.

If the Passport can make the CEO more productive, doesn't it make sense to also spend a little more and give it to the front line people and make them more productive?
    bbjdog likes this.
    07-24-15 09:45 AM
    07-24-15 10:03 AM
    The Leap is "Leaps and bounds" more productive than allot of more expensive devices...hub, file attach/share etc...Z3 was the emerging markets device...but hey, don't let facts get in the way.

Classically Posted.
    07-24-15 10:04 AM
    Chen advised that both the Leap and the Classic were created at the request of their "customers". Considering their current focus, I'm assuming that's Government and Enterprise who he means when he says customers. That's who he's talking to the most often these days.

Neither were issued with cutting edge specs, and for their target market perhaps thats ok.

I believe that those devices can endure 2 year refresh rates, heck most believe that the 9900 was not replaced until the Classic no? How long did that take?

If you refresh those every 2 years, the Passport and the Slider as well you can rotate 2 releases of the 4 phones every other year. I don't think Enterprise and Government would have any problem with that.

I think we get frustrated as we are consumers and we wonder how BlackBerry is going to compete with the bigger manufacturers for the consumer space, but Chen keeps saying that's not what they care about right now.
    Corbu, La Emperor, 3MIKE and 7 others like this.
    07-24-15 10:21 AM
    I thought BB10 OS made the user more productive...

So no reason to provide front line management with PP... go with the more cost effective Leap option

What do I know
    3MIKE, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-24-15 10:22 AM

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bzjia.jpg
    07-24-15 10:23 AM
    No the LEAP is basically the Z3, which was designed for developing markets... and consumers.

And was another example of BlackBerry living in the past where the Curve was a big seller due to it's lower cost. But enterprise today has learned that quality, functionality and productivity are worth a few extra hundred dollars. Which is why many companies are issuing very expensive flagship devices.

If the Passport can make the CEO more productive, doesn't it make sense to also spend a little more and give it to the front line people and make them more productive?
    The Leap is too expensive for emerging markets. It was more expensive than the Z3 at launch.

The CEO can have whatever she wants, but for the fleet something like the Leap is enough. In fact, mid tier specs are enough for most people in both consumer and work usage. The gains in productivity of flagship phones are insignificant compared to the cost of these devices.
    07-24-15 10:39 AM
    It's odd on CrackBerry how many threads get closed for being inappropriate or redundant, yet this thread has been allowed to grow to 87,000+ posts!!

In all seriousness, this thread is like a discussion forum of its own with multiple topics. It's kind of insane... just my 2 cents.

/unsubscribe
    07-24-15 10:55 AM
    Chen advised that both the Leap and the Classic were created at the request of their "customers".
    Given their internals, isn't it more likely they were designed to run out contacts for various components that were intended for other devices that when they flopped had to be used elsewhere? Why else are they still knocking out devices in 2015 that use a 2011 processor?

given how poorly how every bb10 has sold, the idea that 'customers' were a heavy influence on this is a bit odd.
    07-24-15 11:06 AM
    Last few posts and there timing.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 11:11 AM
    07-24-15 11:15 AM
    The Leap is too expensive for emerging markets. It was more expensive than the Z3 at launch.

The CEO can have whatever she wants, but for the fleet something like the Leap is enough. In fact, mid tier specs are enough for most people in both consumer and work usage. The gains in productivity of flagship phones are insignificant compared to the cost of these devices.
    I guess it just depends on your market.

Most everyone I know that has a work issued phone, is now using a NOTE or a newer iPhone. I don't see very many "generic" cheap Androids, and I don't see the iPhone5c being issued. And part of this could be that your employees represent your company... and the "tools" you give them represent your commitment to the customer. But I really don't know why companies here are issuing "flagship" devices - might just be that corporate subsidies make these devices very affordable. Don't know it it's Carriers, or if it is Apple and Samsung just fighting for the enterprise market in the US.
    07-24-15 11:21 AM
    It looks like someone (big shareholders?) is liquidating BBRY position. The trust in the current management is shaken if not lost already.
    07-24-15 11:44 AM
    Given their internals, isn't it more likely they were designed to run out contacts for various components that were intended for other devices that when they flopped had to be used elsewhere? Why else are they still knocking out devices in 2015 that use a 2011 processor?

given how poorly how every bb10 has sold, the idea that 'customers' were a heavy influence on this is a bit odd.
    Actually both reasons could be true. Z10/Q10 component purchase commitments were reported to be very high relative to actual sales.

Mass consumers and enterprise customers could have asked for a certain price point which could've been met with older parts. BlackBerry doesn't have the margin to afford offering discounted flagship phones like Samsung and Apple can. Fleet phones rarely use current gen parts (unless heavily subsidized by the seller).

Posted via CB10
    randall2580, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-24-15 11:45 AM
    It looks like someone (big shareholders?) is liquidating BBRY position. The trust in the current management is shaken if not lost already.
    I think it is closer to or at the bottom now after non believers are gone..
    07-24-15 12:09 PM
    I think it is closer to or at the bottom now after non believers are gone..
    I think it's a joke that management is doing nothing yet they claim the stock is severely undervalued and they have a buy back option already approved. If I only had a small position I'd get out too. Too deep in it and in the red to get out now. Chen is only supporting the shorts by doing nothing and they provide FUD against his recovery. That doesn't help him.

I thought the bottom was 8.40 then 7.80 then 7.68 then 7.61....I could put more in and average down but why would I when management has proven they don't care?

Posted via CB10
    dalinxz likes this.
    07-24-15 12:27 PM
    It's odd on CrackBerry how many threads get closed for being inappropriate or redundant, yet this thread has been allowed to grow to 87,000+ posts!!

In all seriousness, this thread is like a discussion forum of its own with multiple topics. It's kind of insane... just my 2 cents.

/unsubscribe
    We might miss you or not. Toodles.
    3MIKE, BACK-2-BLACK and zyben like this.
    07-24-15 12:27 PM
    Volume is bigger than yesterday, but only average. I doubt it is related to big shareholders. There is no reason to do that, and volume does not match.

Lots of retailers are desperate with the current price action. I think many weak hands, who bought from 11 to 8.5, are giving up now and move on.
    To whom they are selling to? I assume to the people who are accumulating and will sell at high.
    07-24-15 12:29 PM
    Infestation is pushing the SP down. Has to be.
    BACK-2-BLACK and zyben like this.
    07-24-15 12:32 PM
    I'd love to add to my position here but I honestly don't think it's the edge. They really don't seem to be doing much in the way of pr to add to stock value I'm sure they will but I don't see it yet. Kinda makes me nervous about my investment. Still a loyal bbry investor but I'd love to see them do a little more for our sake.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    07-24-15 12:37 PM
    Lots of retailers are desperate with the current price action. I think many weak hands, who bought from 11 to 8.5, are giving up now and move on.
    I wish I had been as desperate and weak a while back and sold my shares.
    07-24-15 12:41 PM
    man it's becoming tough watching this stock...
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-24-15 12:51 PM
107,458 ... 34783479348034813482 ...