View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Reading through the comments on the first page, I see a lot of people relating this week's layoff news to this new acquisition.

Something to keep a look out for in the future. I think we saw the same thing around the time of WatchDox.
    07-22-15 03:55 PM
    07-22-15 04:06 PM
    Little about AtHoc

Athoc, Inc. in San Mateo CA - Company Profile

This acquisition might be part of why Blackberry last layoff as Athoc appeared to have more than 100 employees

Company AtHoc News, Employees and Funding Information, San Mateo, CA

overall to me it been a good day even if the sp didn't react, better days are coming and we are patient.

Happy day
    07-22-15 04:18 PM
    Some recent press releases about AtHoc customer wins and partnerships:

The U.S. Department of the Treasury Deploys AtHoc Networked Crisis Communication Solution
    Authority to Operate Granted to AtHoc�s Secure Emergency Notification & Personnel Accountability System

The U.S. Department of the Treasury Deploys AtHoc Networked Crisis Communication Solution - AtHoc - Networked Crisis Communication

U.S. Air Force Awards $7.5 Million for AtHoc Networked Crisis Communication Solution
    Emergency Mass Notification System by AtHoc Meets Highest Security Requirements

U.S. Air Force Awards $7.5 Million for AtHoc Networked Crisis Communication Solution - AtHoc - Networked Crisis Communication

Department of Energy Awards Enterprise-wide Contract for AtHoc Networked Crisis Communication Solution
    Authority-to-Operate Granted for AtHoc Cloud Demonstrates Achieving Highest Security Threshold

Department of Energy Awards Enterprise-wide Contract for AtHoc Networked Crisis Communication Solution - AtHoc - Networked Crisis Communication
    Honestly BlackBerry, the US DoD and other federal agencies are your former ex. They broke up with you. And despite of all you've done to woo them over again (completely re-worked phones; great, efficient, reliable OS; full operational authority on the DoD networks; cross platform management capabilities (BES10/12); they haven't responded with a REALLY BIG publicized contract award (device or management software). In fact, they're being very public that they don't want anything to do with you (US Navy going all iOS and Android). Stop showing up where they hang out (AtHoc acquisition). They'll think you're stalking them! LOL

Anyway, hopefully we'll see AtHoc add a BB10 client one day and integrate into BBM. As others have noted, BlackBerry and BBM have a history of being the only means of communication available in moments of crisis.
    07-22-15 04:20 PM
    He never acted like one. You did.
    I don't know if I acted like an expert. If I did, that was because I wanted to hear from experts.
    07-22-15 04:26 PM
    OT:

Qualcomm layoffs expected as part of cost cuts

Wireless chip maker likely to announce job cuts during Wednesday earnings call
    bungaboy, Corbu, zyben and 3 others like this.
    07-22-15 04:32 PM
    AtHoc corporate introduction video:

More videos here:

Resource Library - AtHoc - Networked Crisis Communication
    07-22-15 04:33 PM
    This buy seems not for obtaining critical technologies but for adding quick revenues. It tends to be over-priced. That is why the stock is down today.
    I don't know if I acted like an expert. If I did, that was because I wanted to hear from experts.
    You made an unequivocal statement. No if's, and's or but's.
    07-22-15 04:45 PM
    OT:

Samsung keyboard bug leaves 600m Android devices exposed to hackers

Vulnerability remains months after discovery, allowing hackers to eavesdrop on calls, steal data and activate camera, microphone and GPS remotely

"A vulnerability in Samsung�s Android keyboard installed on over 600m devices worldwide could allow hackers to take full control of the smartphone or tablet.

The security bug revolves around the update mechanism of the built-in keyboard, which looks for language updates for trending phrases either daily or weekly.

�The keyboard was signed with Samsung�s private signing key and runs in one of the most privileged contexts on the device, system user, which is a notch short of being root,� said researcher Ryan Welton from security company NowSecure who discovered the hole.

The problem was discovered last year. NowSecure told Samsung about the bug in December. Samsung asked NowSecure to keep the discovery under wraps until it could patch the problem. Google�s Android security team was also notified.

However, six months on it is unclear whether the patch is out. Samsung started that process in early 2015, but unlike Apple�s direct model of software updates, is beholden to mobile phone providers to push out updates to their users.

It is unclear whether that has happened and on what scale users have updated their devices.

Users stuck even if they install another keyboard
    �Unfortunately, the flawed keyboard app can�t be uninstalled or disabled,� said Welton. �It isn�t easy for the Samsung mobile device user to tell if the carrier has patched the problem with a software update.�

The problem surrounds Samsung�s integration of Swiftkey�s underlying keyboard engine into its own keyboard software. Swiftkey essentially provides the brains for detecting what a user is trying to type and Samsung does the rest producing the completed keyboard and pre-installing it on its devices.

The Guardian understands that the fault lies within Samsung�s code. SwiftKey-based keyboards on other Android devices from other manufacturers, and SwiftKey�s apps from the Google Play Store or for the iPhone are unaffected.

If the Samsung Android device is connected to a malicious Wi-Fi network when the keyboard attempts to update its trending phrases and language pack, a hacker could substitute the update for a backdoor into the phone giving a hacker almost complete access to the phone.

According to NowSecure a hacker could remotely access a smartphone�s sensors, such as GPS, the camera or microphone, eavesdrop on calls or attack sensitive personal data.

�Unfortunately, we were only made aware of the issue on Tuesday,� said Joe Braid, chief marketing officer of SwiftKey. �We are working as hard as possible to support Samsung and help it fix the issue.�

Simply installing another third-party keyboard, including SwiftKey�s full keyboard does not fix the issue, as the Samsung keyboard continues to run in the background.

�There isn�t a whole lot you can do except try to steer clear of networks you don�t trust, where a crook might try to intercept and hack your traffic,� said Paul Ducklin from security company Sophos. �The silver lining, if that�s not too strong a way to describe it, is that a crook can�t exploit this hole just whenever he likes: you have to be on his dodgy network when a [keyboard] update happens, and he has to notice in time to jump in as a man-in-the-middle.�

The number of Samsung devices affected is extensive, but includes the latest Samsung Galaxy S models, including the Galaxy S6, S5 and S4.

A Samsung spokesperson told the Guardian: �Samsung takes emerging security threats very seriously. We are aware of the recent issue reported by several media outlets and are committed to providing the latest in mobile security.�

�It is important to note that the phone�s core functions (kernel) were not affected by the reported issue due to the protection of the Samsung Knox platform in all S4 models and above.�

�Samsung Knox also has the capability to update the security policy of the phones, over-the-air, to invalidate any remaining potential vulnerabilities caused by this issue. The security policy updates will begin rolling out in a few days.�
    The flashlight app leaves over a billion exposed too. Lol

Classically Posted.
    07-22-15 04:49 PM
    Special Announcement - AtHoc - Networked Crisis Communication

BlackBerry Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire AtHoc

What This Means for...

Security

Organizations can truly communicate with confidence

Unsecure networks hold us back. When the leader in enterprise communication joins forces with the leader in enterprise security, the result is a safer, more secure communication platform.

Organizational Networks

The organization network has arrived. Connect with organizations and securely communicate and collaborate

Then: connecting people.
    Now: connecting people and devices.
    Soon: connecting organizations for communication and collaboration in real time.

Internet of Things

Mobile leader + IoT communication leader = next generation mass communication and collaboration

Organizations can extend their communication reach beyond the mobile form factor to include all IoT devices such as sirens, PA systems, displays, sensors and more.

Collaboration

Organizations can now create collaboration opportunities with those they care about

Once impossible, organizations can now create and control their own secure network of connected organizations to communicate and collaborate in real time.

International

Secure cross-border communication and collaboration is now a reality

Governments and global enterprises can securely communicate and collaborate across all mobile and mass devices through interactive applications and tools.
    07-22-15 04:56 PM
    You made an unequivocal statement. No if's, and's or but's.

...and that's the LAW !!

The Sheriff has spoken !!!!
    Corbu, zyben, La Emperor and 9 others like this.
    07-22-15 05:08 PM
    A friend just pointed me to this interesting chart, on StockTwits...

JohnLBair1
    John L. Bair
    Amazing! "cash hoard is approaching all-time highs, almost 50% more than when revenue peaked in 2011.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-original_40091214.png
    07-22-15 05:27 PM
    For tomorrow:

Don't forget about tomorrow's #BBSecurity Summit at 9am ET. You can watch it live here:
    Webcast Live Event - Global

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c00035fb2_37a70f40-2f07-11e5-a6c4-0200ac177873.jpeg
    07-22-15 05:48 PM
    So I could breathe underwater by buying a fish that can breath underwater?

With respect, you didn't really address the fellow's reasonable question.

Posted via CB10

I think he meant to say, 'that I could breathe under water, if I bought a COMPANY that could breathe under water'

So, in other words, it's like wanted to fly in a corporate jet, BlackBerry could either buy one already built and tested, or spend money on building one.....hmmmm

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 07:09 PM
    ...and that's the LAW !!

The Sheriff has spoken !!!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-troll-hunter-cb.jpg
    07-22-15 07:52 PM
    Peter Missek ripping Apple on BNN...will post video link when available.

Classically Posted.
    And here you go: http://m.bnn.ca/article?url=http://b...eet&feedId=455

Classically Posted.
    07-22-15 08:26 PM
    More Amber, with Peter Misek (who has a few good points):

BNN - Watch TV Online | BlackBerry shares back at square one
    07-22-15 08:50 PM
    More interesting points (on AAPL and Samsung) by Peter Misek (3:14 & 3:42):

BNN - Watch TV Online | Apple?s double-digit growth lands with a thud
    07-22-15 08:57 PM
    I think he meant to say, 'that I could breathe under water, if I bought a COMPANY that could breathe under water'

So, in other words, it's like wanted to fly in a corporate jet, BlackBerry could either buy one already built and tested, or spend money on building one.....hmmmm

Posted via CB10
    I don't care that much, as I was only defending a reasonable comment by someone else...but fine...BlackBerry buys corporate jet instead of making one - okay. But it Boeing bought a corporate jet instead of making one, people might wonder why they needed to. Again, I don't personally care about this, but I thought the guy asked a question that was fair enough.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) and CDM76 like this.
    07-23-15 03:02 AM
    UK Government To Roll Out 20,000 New BlackBerry 10 Devices?
    07-23-15 06:20 AM
    BlackBerry Cloud = Bouncer in the Sky !!!

(love that)
    07-23-15 08:44 AM
    Was expecting some 9am sharp PR's.
    Keep us updated, I have to focus at work
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    07-23-15 08:47 AM
    Was expecting some 9am sharp PR's.
    Keep us updated, I have to focus at work
    Me too. So far a rehash of the acquisitions ...nothing we don't know. So I'm prepared for disappointment....which is pretty sad. No new news = bad news.
    07-23-15 09:07 AM
    Me too. So far a rehash of the acquisitions ...nothing we don't know. So I'm prepared for disappointment....which is pretty sad. No new news = bad news.
    It's not the "CrackBerry" show. LoL
    Corbu, georg4BB, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    07-23-15 09:26 AM
    No new news = bad news.
    What a nonsensical, shortsighted, brainless, deficient and meaningless Formula....

I'm sure the derivaion of this formula began with:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled.png

now shhhh.. back to the regularly scheduled program.
    07-23-15 09:27 AM
113,256 ... 34753476347734783479 ...