1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Company Shares of BlackBerry Limited Rally 1.04%

by Andrew Jensen
    July 19, 2015

"Shares of BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) appreciated by 1.04% during the past week but lost 12.8% on a 4-week basis. The shares are however, negative as compared to the S&P 500 for the past week with a loss of 1.34%. BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) has underperformed the index by 13.48% in the last 4 weeks. Investors should watch out for further signals and trade with caution. BlackBerry Limited has dropped 21.44% during the last 3-month period . Year-to-Date the stock performance stands at -29.23%.

The company shares have dropped -22.30% from its 1 Year high price. On Jan 14, 2015, the shares registered one year high at $12.63 and the one year low was seen on Jul 10, 2015. The 50-Day Moving Average price is $8.73 and the 200 Day Moving Average price is recorded at $9.76.

Currently the company Insiders own 4.99% of BlackBerry Limited Company shares. In the past six months, there is a change of 0% in the total insider ownership. Institutional Investors own 51.8% of Company shares. During last 3 month period, 0.23% of total institutional ownership has changed in the company shares.

Shares of BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) ended Friday session in red amid volatile trading. The shares closed down 0.01 points or 0.13% at $7.77 with 4,503,189 shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $7.82, the shares hit an intraday low of $7.73 and an intraday high of $7.87 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $4,115 million and the number of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 529,657,000 shares. The 52-week high of BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) is $12.63 and the 52-week low is $7.61.

BlackBerry Limited, formerly Research In Motion Limited, is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services, it provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to information, including e-mail, voice, instant messaging, short message service (SMS), Internet and intranet-based applications and browsing. The Companys technology also enables an array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services through software development kits, wireless connectivity to data and third-party support programs. In September 2014, the Company acquired Movirtu, provider of virtual identity solutions for mobile operators that allows multiple numbers to be active on single device.
    07-20-15 09:24 PM
    I signed too, 14 more sigs needed

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-20-15 09:56 PM
    RBC needs a little shove in the right direction please consider signing :
    https://www.change.org/p/rbc-royal-b...edium=copylink

Classically Posted.
    Done
    07-20-15 10:22 PM
    Done too.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 02:00 AM
    Done. The count is now at 9 remaining.
    07-21-15 02:25 AM
    Done. 8 more to go!
    07-21-15 03:44 AM
    Done (RBC)...

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 05:13 AM
    Done - I have an account with RBC too and I wouldn't think twice of moving it.
    07-21-15 07:24 AM
    WatchDox was a startup.... They depended on venture capitalists for funding. I imagine that BlackBerry bought them for the technology that could be adapted to BES as a feature ADD-ON. Or maybe as part of BLEND or LINK to provide an extra layer of encryption when viewing documents remotely on secure networks?

So unless Chen cut their budgets to match their revenues... they could be a negative for a while.
    Their revenues will still show as revenue growth.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 07:44 AM
    Done, 4 more to go. I'm a business banking customer as well. I would switch banks over something like this.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 07:47 AM
    Signed. Hit the magic number. Not the 100 party I was looking forward to but ...... patience.
    07-21-15 08:12 AM

Classically Posted.
    Signed. I will have no problem moving my accounts.
    07-21-15 08:16 AM
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/fairfax-...wer-1437177062

Prem and CPP are butting heads.

Posted via CB10
    CPP is at least consistent about their position across all their holdings. I don't think they'll get much play with Fairfax shareholders in particular, given the nature of the company (it's likely as popular as trying to push Warren Buffet out from Berkshire). Interesting that this non-issue is getting play by WSJ though...the unspoken reality is that multiple voting shares are a tool that tightly owned Canadian companies use to protect themselves against hostile takeovers, almost always from US financed sources, for better or for worse. It's usually one or the other.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk, zyben and 2 others like this.
    07-21-15 08:31 AM

Classically Posted.
    Done as well.
    bungaboy, zyben and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-21-15 08:31 AM
    Great editorial from JC. Although it does seem they're going Android?!

Posted via CB10

http://www.cnet.com/20-years-of-tech/14/
    07-21-15 08:51 AM
    Great editorial from JC. Although it does seem they're going Android?!

Posted via CB10

CNET 20 Years - Page 14 - CNET
    Thanks. I sure hope I can continue to get BB10 devices in the future. I currently own BlackBerry, iOS, Android and Windows phones. BB10 is the best for me.
    07-21-15 09:01 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Thanks. I sure hope I can continue to get BB10 devices in the future. I currently own BlackBerry, iOS, Android and Windows phones. BB10 is the best for me.
    Agreed, but at the same time BlackBerry needs a device WINNER... and slider / andriod / Samsung / BlackBerry flavored device sounds like it could be the one.... Passport 2 or Classic 2 is not likely to move the needle, IMO....

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 09:04 AM
    Signed. Hit the magic number. Not the 100 party I was looking forward to but ...... patience.
    "100+ Supporters
    Nathaniel Ward
    Canada

Jul 21, 2015 � Thank you everyone who signed the petition. Over 100 supporters in 1 day! Amazing. Let's not stop there. We need to send a message loud & clear to RBC that we want support for BlackBerry 10. Keep on sharing and telling your friends about this."

07-21-15 09:53 AM
    I also joined the RBC petition. Cheers to all.
    07-21-15 10:20 AM
    I've been away from the forum for a bit. Someone wanna recap the last three months of "I support BBRY and buy shares !"?

:P

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.2.2339 | Bell
    07-21-15 10:26 AM
    http://news.stocktradersdaily.com/ne...ll+72115.html#

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) up on possible Digital Security Bill

Shares of BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) were up 1.5% on Tuesday without any apparent news prompting the move, but we have discovered that a Digital-Auto-Security bill may be presented in the Senate and BBRY's ONX system is touted as the market leader.*

This is not only important in today's 'connected' vehicles but also and more tangibly in the driverless vehicles of tomorrow.* Google expects driverless cars to be on the market in 2018 and estimates suggest the driverless auto industry could reach $25 billion over the next decade.

BlackBerry is set to be a huge winner if a Digital Security Bill is enacted, and given the findings of security risks in autos today it certainly seems as if that is the responsible choice to protect citizens on the road.
    07-21-15 11:13 AM
    I've been away from the forum for a bit. Someone wanna recap the last three months of "I support BBRY and buy shares !"?

:P

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.2.2339 | Bell
    Well.....

will cut to the chase and recap THE most important event in this thread....

Sheriff Bunga has been on Troll Patrol....

... and must say, been doing a fine job !
    07-21-15 11:17 AM
    Senate Bill Seeks Standards For Cars’ Defenses From Hackers

Senate Bill Seeks Standards For Cars' Defenses From Hackers | WIRED
    07-21-15 11:23 AM
    Well.....

will cut to the chase and recap THE most important event in this thread....

Sheriff Bunga has been on Troll Patrol....

... and must say, been doing a fine job !
    I laughed out loud. However, I can't take the credit. The MOD Squad do a pretty decent job here when reports are sent to them.
    07-21-15 11:40 AM
    Bunga, You earned the credit and lot of members of this thread will agree.
    Happy day to you Sheriff and to all of the fine peoples in this Thread (our own!!!)
    I laughed out loud. However, I can't take the credit. The MOD Squad do a pretty decent job here when reports are sent to them.
    07-21-15 11:50 AM
113,256 ... 34703471347234733474 ...