View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    "If I can secure it, I would build the phone" ,John Chen (to the best of my memory)
    'We only build secure phones and BlackBerry is the most secure phone so, if I can find a way to secure the Android phone, I will also build that.'

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000390900

June 23, 2015

Related to July 23rd Security Summit, perhaps?
    07-08-15 09:24 AM
    But lets register the domain, just in case (what I imagine JC said to a minion right afterwards)
    They do secure Android right now, this only add to the rumor if one considers the rumor as valuable ...
    georg4BB, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    07-08-15 09:40 AM
    BES12 Version 12.2 Arrives with Enhanced Multi-OS Support
    http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2015/0...ti-os-support/
    07-08-15 09:41 AM
    They do secure Android right now, this only add to the rumor if one considers the rumor as valuable ...
    @Superfly_FR - I do consider the rumor as valuable. As I said previously, I still believe we haven't seen the software that will "make you use one phone, a BlackBerry" and I still believe that this Android phone might be the software Chen was referring to.

Reason I believe this is that I personally, see value in this. I currently carry a Passport and a Nexus 6. A phone with the best of Android and the best of BlackBerry could cause me to "carry one phone, a BlackBerry" and I am certain I am not alone.

As an investor I want BlackBerry to "sell like hell" and I think this phone has value in that regard. (trying to keep the conversation on topic ).

That doesn't mean I know all the answers to all the questions out there, but I have to admit I for one would like to see it.
    07-08-15 09:51 AM
    The way I see it, if there is smoke there is fire and there seems to be a lot of smoke

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 09:56 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd sales sagging as Apple Inc?s iPhone keeps gaining momentum | Financial Post

BlackBerry Ltd. appears to be having more difficulty selling its smartphones to end-customers, prompting a reduction in both hardware unit and revenue estimates for 2016 by Canaccord Genuity.

Canaccord’s wireless surveys indicate soft smartphone sales for BlackBerry globally, despite somewhat steadier results for its Classic device. However, this positive is being offset by weakening Passport and legacy BB10 smartphone sales and mixed initial results for the new Leap smartphone.

In addition to trimming his second-quarter estimates, Canaccord analyst T. Michael Walkley noted that since BlackBerry’s next-generation smartphone portfolio is scheduled for release at the end of calendar 2015, he expects more of fiscal 2016 hardware sales will be driven by the existing portfolio, “which faces gradually diminishing consumer interest.”

Meanwhile, the survey results from the June quarter point to strong iPhone 6 and 6 Plus sales. Apple Inc.’s smartphone remained the top-selling device at all four of the biggest U.S. wireless carriers and the iPhone’s share of overall sales is estimated to be near 50 per cent.

Since Walkley estimates only 20 per cent of the iPhone installed base had upgraded to the iPhone 6 by the end of fiscal Q2, the strong replacement cycle for existing consumers should continue.

“Further, we anticipate continued high-end smartphone market share gains for the larger screen iPhone 6 devices as our surveys indicate a greater mix of Android smartphone consumers are switching to the iPhone 6 smartphones than during iPhone 5 series launches,” Walkley told clients.

As a result, he thinks the iPhone installed base should climb above 500 million by the end of this year, thereby fuelling strong future iPhone replacement sales, earnings and cash flow generation.
    bungaboy, rarsen and awindsr like this.
    07-08-15 10:05 AM
    OT: Morgan, what's your feeling heading into next week on PSDV? They announced that they will be reporting the study results next week.

I took advantage of the drop today and added a bit. Thanks!
    07-08-15 10:21 AM
    07-08-15 10:34 AM
    Bloomberg just had "breaking news" NYSE suspends all trading for "technical issues"
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-08-15 10:43 AM
    NYSE and WSJ down...what is happening?!
    07-08-15 10:52 AM
    Well, this was obvious to anyone who takes public transport from the moment the iPhone 6 came out. We've been reading about Android phonemakers struggling to make profits, and talking about commodities and saturation, etc., but it seems the reason is more straightforward: Apple is kicking a$$. They've got people buying their new devices, and they've got people happily buying and upgrading to iPhone 5s's ages and ages after its release.

As someone who has never and would never buy an Apple product, I have to say it doesn't take much to see that they are successful because of the simple fact that they are cool as hell. People love the brand, and Apple have put a lot of work into helping/making them love the brand.

As for BlackBerry, they didn't market their devices any more effectively than any of the local Waterloo plumbing or roofing concerns. That's what we get - not much mystery in that one. We will just have to wait, again, and see what BlackBerry have 'up their sleeve' for the fall releases. They've 'saved money', but they will now have to pay for that in brand decay as articles continue to fire volley after volley.

Posted via CB10
    Intrestor likes this.
    07-08-15 11:00 AM
    NYSE says trading ?Temporarily Suspended? - MarketWatch
    http://stream.marketwatch.com/story/...-4/SS-4-83880/
    4 MINS AGOUPDATE
    NYSE halts trading in all securities
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Trading in all securities has been temporarily suspended on the New York Stock Exchange. The exchange posted the news on its website, saying “additional information will follow as soon as possible.” The halt began at 11:32 a.m. Eastern. In a statement the NYSE said it was working to restore trading activity. “We’re currently experiencing a technical issue that we’re working to resolve as quickly as possible. We will be providing further updates as soon as we can, and are doing our utmost to produce a swift resolution, communicate thoroughly and transparently, and ensure a timely and orderly market re-open,” said a NYSE spokeswoman via email. Trading on other exchanges appeared to be normal.

Bloomberg just had "breaking news" NYSE suspends all trading for "technical issues"
    07-08-15 11:10 AM
    OT: Morgan, what's your feeling heading into next week on PSDV? They announced that they will be reporting the study results next week.

I took advantage of the drop today and added a bit. Thanks!
    Well I, like many, are expecting solid results. I have added to my position on this Greek nonsense, I believe I'm close to been fully invested which I don't do very often. PSDV is so oversold, the news will be something of a new driver for it as we don't have much else aside from earnings to drive this one for a few months. I have a very large position in PSDV and hope it continues to deliver good news so good luck with your position too!

The market in general has backed up and the bids are gone until we hear from Greece this weekend, I'm on the road starting tomorrow and I'll be watching events but not investing anything more.

I am tempted to buy another round of BlackBerry at these levels as it is only Greece that is holding it back now (that rumour of Android has me thinking good things). Best of luck and thanks for all of the great info on BB while I travel!
    07-08-15 11:38 AM
    07-08-15 12:48 PM
    The way I see it, if there is smoke there is fire and there seems to be a lot of smoke
    Posted via CB10
    Corbu, stop waving that carpet over the fire, my fellow Apache !

07-08-15 01:32 PM
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-08-15 01:48 PM
    LMAO ... HAHA and then there were 3.
    Microsoft to Cut Jobs, Take $7.6 Billion Writedown on Nokia - Bloomberg Business

EDIT: This gives BlackBerry MORE precedence to NEVER DIE!
    Last edited by Supa_Fly1; 07-08-15 at 02:39 PM.
    07-08-15 02:12 PM
    OT:
    One of which is doing just fine...
    Apple Plans Record Number of New iPhones - WSJ

Apple Plans Record Number of New iPhones
    Apple asks suppliers to make up to 90 million of the expected next models by year-end

Apple Inc. is preparing for a larger initial production run of its next iPhones, betting that even modest hardware changes will entice consumers to upgrade handsets and outstrip demand for the larger-screen phones that it released last year.

Apple is asking suppliers to manufacture between 85 million and 90 million units combined of two new iPhone models with 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch displays by Dec. 31, according to people familiar with the matter. The screen sizes are the same as in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

By comparison, Apple last year ordered a then-record initial production run of 70 million to 80 million for its first larger-screen iPhones.

07-08-15 02:15 PM

Published on Jul 8, 2015
    The BlackBerry IoT Platform is your trusted foundation for the Internet of Things, bringing BlackBerry's legendary security, scalability, and efficiency, to the IoT.
    07-08-15 03:35 PM
    Hmmm...$3.3B in cash and market cap of $4.1B??? I think it's time to buy more BBRY before the market wakes up. Or maybe I should wait until the market has driven it down to a market cap below their cash holdings.... Seems just about anything is possible...surely this must be in 'Blackberry is going to die' territory again. Patents, BBM, QNX, Nanthealth, company almost netting positive cashflow...this is worth almost nothing? What am I missing?

I sold some of my long holdings at $13.50 CDN a while back...I'd like that cash back now...some 12 to 15 month Calls are so tempting right now - been burned before with them but goodness.

Thanks to all who contribute to this thread...I read most every day and contribute when I can...best to all.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 10 others like this.
    07-08-15 03:37 PM
    Chen knows what he is doing......... have faith and most importantly have patience.

I see a stock price near $20 in 2016 ONCE the market realises what this genius is doing to BBRY.

Mr. Market always presents opportunities. This is one of them imo

Posted via CB10
    kadakn01, Corbu, 3MIKE and 7 others like this.
    07-08-15 04:47 PM
    NYSE and WSJ down...what is happening?!
    Hacking ???? Just a guess .....

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-08-15 06:09 PM
    Hmmm...$3.3B in cash and market cap of $4.1B??? I think it's time to buy more BBRY before the market wakes up. Or maybe I should wait until the market has driven it down to a market cap below their cash holdings.... Seems just about anything is possible...surely this must be in 'Blackberry is going to die' territory again. Patents, BBM, QNX, Nanthealth, company almost netting positive cashflow...this is worth almost nothing? What am I missing?

I sold some of my long holdings at $13.50 CDN a while back...I'd like that cash back now...some 12 to 15 month Calls are so tempting right now - been burned before with them but goodness.

Thanks to all who contribute to this thread...I read most every day and contribute when I can...best to all.

Posted via CB10
    This! I was playing around with some numbers and I just can't physically see the stock going below $7.20 because the MKT Cap would be $3.8b --> take away the $3.32b cash on hand and that's saying that the company is essentially being valued at $500m. Their last earnings call for the quarter, they made a profit of $120m. So that's making about $500m profit per year.

So you mean to tell me that a company who is making $500m profit per year isn't even valued at the profit it is making? (that's essentially what would happen if shares got anywhere near $7.20). And that's not even accounting for their 44k patents, BBM, IoT, etc. if Whatsapp is valued at $19b and SnapChat is valued at like $12b, BBM HAS to be valued at SOMETHING having more than 250m users.

But I digress. So if I can't even conceivably see how shares could go ANYWHERE near $7.20 (because of what I mentioned above), I feel like $7.69 is close enough to the bottom the stock will be going anytime soon. Just threw in another $620 to buy 80 shares to bring my average buy price down to about $10. Really tempted to buy more shares while it's this low, but I feel like I have enough risky money sitting in BBRY at the moment. I think I'm just gonna watch BB and focus on my ROTH IRA's and Mutual funds for now
    07-08-15 07:01 PM
    This! I was playing around with some numbers and I just can't physically see the stock going below $7.20 because the MKT Cap would be $3.8b --> take away the $3.32b cash on hand and that's saying that the company is essentially being valued at $500m. Their last earnings call for the quarter, they made a profit of $120m. So that's making about $500m profit per year.

So you mean to tell me that a company who is making $500m profit per year isn't even valued at the profit it is making? (that's essentially what would happen if shares got anywhere near $7.20). And that's not even accounting for their 44k patents, BBM, IoT, etc. if Whatsapp is valued at $19b and SnapChat is valued at like $12b, BBM HAS to be valued at SOMETHING having more than 250m users.

But I digress. So if I can't even conceivably see how shares could go ANYWHERE near $7.20 (because of what I mentioned above), I feel like $7.69 is close enough to the bottom the stock will be going anytime soon. Just threw in another $620 to buy 80 shares to bring my average buy price down to about $10. Really tempted to buy more shares while it's this low, but I feel like I have enough risky money sitting in BBRY at the moment. I think I'm just gonna watch BB and focus on my ROTH IRA's and Mutual funds for now
    Why are you ignoring their debt?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 07:46 PM
    Agreed...that sort of valuation just makes no sense...even if you assume all their business lines will be absorbed by another company and are not allowed to grow within BlackBerry. These things happen when the broader market is quaking with fear...opportunity, opportunity, opportunity...I think it's time to jump in some more - what does Buffet say...when the market's greedy, be fearful...when the market's fearful, be greedy (sorry for the poor paraphrase)...you get the point...best all

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 07:51 PM
113,256 ... 34553456345734583459 ...