View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    You have this right. It will be a premium android with a great camera lens and a hard keyboard, super res screen. It will sell in the millions.

Posted via CB10
    Android or not, it would be nice if they made the keyboard detachable to give the user the option to carry it.
    07-04-15 05:00 PM
    Sorry about that guys my phone was in my pocket !! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Put the phone back in your pocket and keep the pictures coming
    07-04-15 05:01 PM
    No matter how others see it....

No matter how low we are now...

We stand proud and strong,

and will ALWAYS deflect any wrong.....

....for all the positive posters in this thread
    ....for all those that understand the greatness
    ....and.... for all of those who understand what brought us together....

We WILL be the envy of all !!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-canada-day-quotes-1.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-happy-4th-july.png

What an AMAZING week .....

Happy Canada Day !

Happy 4th of July !

The best is yet to come !!
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 07-04-15 at 05:18 PM.
    zyben, theRock1975, 3MIKE and 12 others like this.
    07-04-15 05:07 PM
    I think it'd launch around Christmas. They said end-of-year. And usually when BlackBerry says something, they wait until last possible day.

If something is coming in summer, they'd probably wait until last week of summer.

Releasing in spring? Last week of spring.

So, when they said - end of year - I took that to mean in/around Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    I would normally agree....but I heard some info first hand that suggests sooner than November. Chen will want some revenue for Q3 too.....

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 05:25 PM
    The Venice will run Android optionally at minimum. Meaning Android (optional for sure) or maybe choice of BB10 or maybe both via hypervisor.

I think we will hear more about how it might be more secure in a couple of weeks.

I think it will launch between Sept and Nov.

So in this comment there is one statement of fact

Posted via CB10
    Which statement is fact?

The "think" sentences...or ...
    07-04-15 05:30 PM
    I was thinking . . . then my head started to hurt. So I stopped.
    07-04-15 06:39 PM
    I would normally agree....but I heard some info first hand that suggests sooner than November. Chen will want some revenue for Q3 too.....

Posted via CB10
    I am dying to get that Slider. So, I'd be stoked, elated, excited, happy, if it indeed comes out in November!

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    07-04-15 06:52 PM
    rumour is spreading like wildfire....

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is all set to make a comeback into the whopping Smartphone Android market.

According to specs, the BlackBerry Android phone buys a similar look of a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with its curved slides. BlackBerry was planning to build a phone in conjunction with Googles Android software, earlier this year. But, this is considered to be companys last move to make up for its catastrophic drop-in sales of BB10 touchscreen handsets.

Evan Blass, also known as @evleaks, identified for leaks of new handsets, who posted its supposed first look in his twitter account, and says that the latest BlackBerry can be launched on AT&T and taken to be codenamed as Venice. BlackBerry tried its best to make a few noticeable lateral entries with a slider gadget, a dual-curved, all-touch display with a keyboard, but still it could not compete-well with the Android or Apple, briefly due to lack of big labelled apps.

However, the Company mentioned in an email statement as,

We dont comment on rumors and speculation, but we remain committed to the BlackBerry 10 operating system, which provides security and productivity benefits that are unmatched.

New BlackBerry Android phone will perhaps make use of a promising slider device, likely to be released this autumn, two sources said. The slider will be a mashup of a physical keyboard with a touchscreen, all at the users service. Sources said, that if BlackBerry moves forward on a plan to launch an Android device that boasts of its upcoming release will definitely include some of its patented features in its BlackBerry 10 operating system. BlackBerry showcased the slider device model at the Mobile World Congress held in Barcelona in the Month of March this year.

A while ago, the company had revealed its well-known BlackBerry Messaging app to all those using competing operating systems, trumpet-blasting its preparation to overpower them with its in-house features, including the BlackBerry Hub and its virtual keyboard. The company, which was dwelling the Android sales market lately in 2011 had engaged 17,500 people, came down to a meager slot to 6,225 in February, and that its going to further cut off the number, by how much, is not known yet.

By adding, an Android line-up to its already prevailing BlackBerry Keyboard operated services, the company aims to catch a role in the touchscreen subjugated Android market. Its possible that the device may fascinate those users who are still using the older BlackBerry keyboard handset, but are in a trance to access the widest possible options that Android has to offer.

Also, BlackBerry has a strong faith in its triumph-card, which is its all-new device-management system, BES12, which has the potential to embark corporate as well as government network to not only administer, but all the BlackBerry devices on its internal network. Irrespective of the device found in the internal network, the BES12 can monitor the manage devices, which are powered by Android, Apples iOS platform and Microsofts Corporations Windows OS. However, getting the customers conviction on this subject, its device management system can able to support multiple platforms.

07-04-15 06:55 PM
    I am dying to get that Slider. So, I'd be stoked, elated, excited, happy, if it indeed comes out in November!

Posted via CB10
    Can't say the same... a 16:9 .... slider?

That would be one tall mofo !!

Personally..... I love the PP dimensions.

Perfect for All Touch .... and best pocketable Large phone on the market, making the best use of screen realestate !

4:3 ratio is PERFECT for a small mobile device....web browsing, work, videos, etc....

not 16:9 (although this format is ideal for large screens...so keep it for TVs, but that is it)

plus...4:3 ratio is closest to an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper

how perfect would that be??!!!?!?1?

especially for the mobile professional (imo)
    07-04-15 07:04 PM
    ... to continue on the rumor mill until we await the new week.
    Hmmm, notice the statement in bold:

So back to the rumoured BlackBerry Venice. While the world may see the move as a white flag, Chen is simply preparing for battle on another front. At Mobile World Congress in Barcelona earlier this year, he was talking about how BlackBerrys Mobile Device Management tools could find a market not just on its own phones, but on every phone.

This is just a very natural evolution of taking our OS, the surfaces and security layers around it and putting it on others devices, so that our serviceable market is not only BlackBerry devices, but all devices, he said.

http://www.cantechletter.com/2015/07...-dadbod-image/
    07-04-15 08:39 PM
    its hard to say if the general consumer market will even notice....

but...

....perhaps the enterprise market will lean towards it more so, (especially in fleet applications) being that there were so many people in the enterprise space back in the day (and even general consumer market) who "remember" having a BB... ... (we hear all the time, "oh ya, I remember when I had a BlackBerry , yadda yadda yadda)...) and now (hopefully) will see the BlackBerry Android version as the secure hardcore work appropriate version and not even think twice about the app gap, but atleast it is work appropriate.... and we see so many industries nowadays make a point of moving away from the BB world, in order to accommodate the iOS or Android world so they don't feel left out and current with mainstream...

....and, i think once the adoption occurs on that level, where 2 types of phones exist, where there is NO ISSUE of APPs..... they might have a chance to sell more.....

It's an extension to their strategy now, going back to grassroots with enterprise focus (with the software focus) to the point where they eventually regain the mindset of the general market... and then having the hardware to support those needs ....
    B2B, excellent points!

Let's take a page from Apple, plant your feet firmly on the ground and brace yourself for the fight of a life time. I don't like their product, but have to admire their fighting spirit, back then.

Hey its John Chen call, and I support him, but hope he doesn't do it for the reason that I know.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 07-04-15 at 09:44 PM.
    sidhuk and zyben like this.
    07-04-15 08:57 PM
    Which statement is fact?

The "think" sentences...or ...
    That would be the one without 'maybe' or 'think'...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 09:26 PM
    Sorry about that guys my phone was in my pocket !! Lol

Posted via CB10
    In that case, I request details about the second picture.

Happy fourth!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 09:27 PM
    I'm thinking the MSM and blogs are hyping the droidsliderberry so they can yell and scream epic fail if/when it doesn't happen!
    07-04-15 09:28 PM
    dog,

I guess it will get to the point where BB will offer the work appropriate phone (in an Android version) , instead of trying their own eco system, and the rest will be iOS and general Android....

and I think once they fully offer that (since the masses are already into the $hitty OSes), BB will do better in hardware sales (even though the BB10 os is farrrrr superior)....

maybe that is why they introduced the BB Experience suite? to atleast maintain/keep the best parts of the BB10 os...

Remember, JC is all about creating and adding value to the SP..... so I'm sure he will make moves (that are not popular with the BB faithful) to achieve more value by any means necessary.... (even though we all know it is "different" and is less superior)...
    B2B, what's BlackBerry should remain BlackBerry. They are already sharing some software and technology. But the rest have to remain BlackBerry. BlackBerry stands for something when it comes to an individual like me and I am sure lots feel the same way. So does BlackBerry think they can gain more from a saturated market or do they need to gain clients back. Things might be moving slowly, but they are moving.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    07-04-15 09:37 PM
    Bacon! Thanks for this one:
    Will the BlackBerry Venice finally sink the company's "DadBod" image? - Cantech Letter

Allow me to post in its entirety:

A new round of device leaks, this time around what is rumoured to be BlackBerry’s first Android phone, confirms that most casual observers still have the company pegged wrong.

Throughout BlackBerry CEO John Chen’s tenure, which is now coming on two years, the view of the firm as a bumbling, stumbling producer of outdated devices has persisted, even as its leader has made moves that spirit it swiftly and permanently away from that fate.

It’s an image that has proved tough to shake. Even Barack Obama joked about it on Jimmy Kimmel recently. BlackBerry is the belt-clip wearing, fifty-something, white New Balance sneakers with jeans company. It’s the “Dadbod” brand. Safe, comfortable, hopelessly and humorously out of touch.

Except it isn’t.

While the tech press has smirked at the BlackBerry Leap and Z30 and Classic and Passport, Chen has been busy turning BlackBerry into a software company.

The evidence seems to be everywhere except tech blogs. Look at the company’s most recent quarterly report. BlackBerry’s topline was way down from its glory days, but revenue from software and technology licensing came in at $137-million, a 150-per-cent bump over the same period last year. Sure, that’s not going to keep Tim Cook up at night, but it is a move towards much higher margin business in a world where smartphones are becoming rapidly commoditized.

According to analyst Richard Tse, Chen’s actions are coming not a moment too soon; the analyst predicts that hardware will contribute less than 5% to BlackBerry’s absolute gross margin in fiscal 2016.

And while we read all about a new cobalt blue BlackBerry Classic or an all new white BlackBerry Passport, look at what Chen said about the company’s most recent performance, just five paragraphs from the top of the press release.

“I am pleased with the strong performance of our software and technology business,” he said. This is key to BlackBerry’s future growth.Our financials reflect increased investments to sales and customer support for our software business. In addition, we are taking steps to make the handset business profitable. We believe these actions are prudent and necessary to grow the business, and we believe the remaining milestones in our strategic plan are achievable.”

Chen has talked up the company’s devices at times, but his actions have spoken louder. Almost immediately upon taking the reigns at BlackBerry, he outsourced the production of the company’s devices to Taiwan’s Foxconn Group. He then made its popular messaging service, BBM, cross-platform, a move that the company always resisted for fear it would impact hardware sales. And he launched Project Ion, a way for the company to extend its famous encryption into Internet-enabled devices.

So back to the rumoured BlackBerry Venice. While the world may see the move as a white flag, Chen is simply preparing for battle on another front. At Mobile World Congress in Barcelona earlier this year, he was talking about how BlackBerry’s Mobile Device Management tools could find a market not just on its own phones, but on every phone.

“This is just a very natural evolution of taking our OS, the surfaces and security layers around it and putting it on others’ devices, so that our serviceable market is not only ‘BlackBerry’ devices, but all devices,” he said.
    Props to Nick Waddell, who generally does pretty honest work.
    07-05-15 09:17 AM
    QNX wins its first race :-P

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 09:35 AM
    Yup!

Mercedes/QNX 1-2!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-_84065511_hamilton_fist_bbc.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-_84065017_hamilton_reuters_hero.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-_84065788_nico_rosberg_reuters.jpg
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-05-15 at 10:20 AM.
    bbjdog, rarsen, bungaboy and 12 others like this.
    07-05-15 09:40 AM
    When there is this many leaks and this much hype generally speaking the phone is real (think of the recent leaks for Sammy and Apple phones - most were spot on).

What is the monster questions put in my mind by our friend @SF is: what happens to the Android runtime in BB10 if this is true? The leaked phone clearly has icons for GPS services (GDrive, GMaps, Hangouts, G+,and of course the Play Store), so does BlackBerry get GPS without taking the runtime out of BB10? Would Acer have the right to be really pissed if they did? If they had to remove it to get GPS on the Android phone (whats the sense of producing an Android phone without GPS - BB10 does Android just fine just without GPS), will they push 10.4 say without the runtime? I know that would make a few people happy - but I think it's a disaster if it happens. I don't see a way it wouldn't?
    07-05-15 09:54 AM
    07-05-15 12:45 PM
    Nice tweet by the F1 team:

07-05-15 01:16 PM
    Yup!

Mercedes/QNX 1-2!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_84065511_hamilton_fist_bbc.jpg 
Views:	1729 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	360984

Name:	_84065017_hamilton_reuters_hero.jpg 
Views:	1735 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	360981

Name:	_84065788_nico_rosberg_reuters.jpg 
Views:	1683 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	360985
    Nope!

Just mercedes! There is no hint nor confirmation of QNX used in formula 1. We hope! That would launch IoT business especially with a partner like Mercedes - which I've been screwing about since BB10 official launch on stage when He ins brought a former rep on to chat = which really meant nothing to the audience!

I just want BlackBerry to get out of the damp closet already and start making partnerships.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 01:43 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-crackberry-image.jpg

I KNOW and suspect it can just be photoshopped..still..a BB10 version with full Android support (99% not possible to obtain) would be the best of all worlds!

Posted via CB10
    bbjdog, 3MIKE, awindsr and 2 others like this.
    07-05-15 03:11 PM

bbjdog, sidhuk, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    07-05-15 03:23 PM
    I'm thinking the MSM and blogs are hyping the droidsliderberry so they can yell and scream epic fail if/when it doesn't happen!
    +1000.
    Adding the OT to the balance and...
    Friendly asking for a stop on the Android device talk here, unless we have something new... I mean something valuable to add. We're feeding the rumor here and there's nothing good to expect doing so.

So please, visit the numerous thread dedicated to this to discuss about it.
    Thank you very much !

Cheers,
    SF

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 06:34 PM
104,897 ... 34513452345334543455 ...