View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.60%
  • No

414 37.40%
    Ok I'm having a hard time reading what CNBC is up to today. BBRY is all over their morning show (Misek reiterating what he did on BNN yesterday + lots more) and they've set up for continued comment on the AT&T launch at a "large" retail store. But the store is in Palo Alto. That's Apple's home turf (Cuppertino is right next door).

Will this broadcast prove boom or bust? Will be interesting to see how it goes and the spin they'll put on either result regardless.
    Yeah, I kept thinking about this over lunch. It could be a really, really good idea.... or a really, really bad one.
    03-12-13 12:14 PM
    I suppose like good old anti-competitive Americans, they are planning to crush BBRY...
    It's because John Fortt (CNBC reporter) is based in San Jose, and he covers all things mobile. But I agree one of the worst stores to cover the launch as Palo Alto is owned by Google & Apple.
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    03-12-13 12:17 PM
    Who wouldn't?
    But, please, do remember the power is not yet in your hands. Until the stock quits the very volatile state, fees and RT delay can smash us like flies.
    Hopefully in a few months waggle magnitude will be smaller and then we may try some cautious moves.
    To be clearer, I'm taking about buying low and sell high (day trading), not deciding to raise or lower your position.

Edit : as usual, this is IMHO only, as I'm not a qualified trading advisor, at all!

Posted via CB10
    Ya, it is a big risk indeed. I don't think I will unless a major spike hits this week.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-12-13 12:19 PM
    Volume has sure slowed...safe to say "crouching tiger" has set in lol
    03-12-13 12:35 PM
    Hmmm... we could close even on the day. That would be just fine with me.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-12-13 12:41 PM
    the drop at the start of today wasnt surprising, i was giving it 50/50 that we would see a 5% rally up, or 5% down at start.

looks well on its way to close even, ore possibly green if theres a little run at the end of day
    03-12-13 12:49 PM
    It's because John Fortt (CNBC reporter) is based in San Jose, and he covers all things mobile. But I agree one of the worst stores to cover the launch as Palo Alto is owned by Google & Apple.
    Just hope Kevin and Crackberry team can SHOUT louder and make more NOISE from NYC.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-12-13 01:01 PM
    At 7:30am -- over a week before the phone can be bought in stores. What exactly did they expect to find?
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-12-13 01:02 PM
    So it looks like the stock is acting pretty predictably today. It rallied early morning yesterday so it had to readjust to climb more slowly today. If you look at the trend line you can see that the increase is very linear and matches to exactly the trend yesterday after the rally.

I've attached 2 graphs, the first is the original, and the second is with the latter half of yesterday's trading, shifted to the morning so I could draw a trend line. If things continue, we will finish below green, probably between $14.60 - $14.80 (For BBRY).

Note: The graphs are for BB.TO

Edit: Or not, if some bears come along and crash the party.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-q1.jpg   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-q2.jpg  
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-12-13 01:04 PM
    Volume has sure slowed...safe to say "crouching tiger" has set in lol
    Yeah. I think it must have something to do with the upcoming S4 announcement. I know I am sitting on $20k that I would like to invest in BBRY right now but will hold off until after the S4 announcement.
    03-12-13 01:16 PM
    At 7:30am -- over a week before the phone can be bought in stores. What exactly did they expect to find?
    Tumble weeds...what a pathetic idea.
    03-12-13 01:21 PM
    It can climb back up at any point as far as I'm concerned. I'm on board with what I have and am ready for the ride up now. Anytime now........
    03-12-13 01:56 PM
    Tumble weeds...what a pathetic idea.
    And they reported a few minutes ago that they spoke to a customer who was purchasing "an iPhone 5". No kidding. In Palo Alto. Who'd have thought. Surprised this nonsense is still continuing but then again, I've grown accustomed to it.

CNBC should talk to Blackberry about "Balance" and how to apply it to their silly reporting tactics.
    m0de25, Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    03-12-13 02:08 PM
    What's this I hear . . . . .

Jefferies slashes target on Apple, warns of delayed iPhone launch

Jefferies slashes target on Apple, warns of delayed iPhone launch - The Globe and Mail

Jefferies analyst Brian Misek cut his target to $420 (U.S.) from $500, warning of possible delays in the next-generation iPhone, the 5S. He predicts there’s a 25 per cent chance Apple will miss its revenue forecast for the current quarter.
    03-12-13 02:17 PM
    Just pure Canadian hatred for an American company!!! Huge J/K here.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-12-13 02:19 PM
    Ok I'm having a hard time reading what CNBC is up to today. BBRY is all over their morning show (Misek reiterating what he did on BNN yesterday + lots more) and they've set up for continued comment on the AT&T launch at a "large" retail store. But the store is in Palo Alto. That's Apple's home turf (Cuppertino is right next door).

Will this broadcast prove boom or bust? Will be interesting to see how it goes and the spin they'll put on either result regardless.
    Was this AT&T "launch" on CNBC today? The only thing for today I could find so far was from the CNBC studio out there where he is based and it wasn't a bad piece and basically said the battle is all about software now.

Samsung, Blackberry and Apple Gear Up for Big Mobile Year
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-12-13 02:26 PM
    How could an unannounced product be delayed...
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    03-12-13 02:26 PM
    Prediction....off .20-25 on the day.

Side note...I parked my iPhone a month ago when the Z arrived...today at lunch I had to show a friend how to email a picture off his iPhone. Involved updating a contact info field and then sending the photo...what a clunky antique compared to BB lol...took several steps and many back button pushes.

Point is...once everyone gets a chance to see it, try it and use it the BB 10 platform can't help but take off...So much superior to the other systems.

I know...preaching to the chior but thought I'd share (get it...share).
    03-12-13 02:31 PM
    I am wondering, last week price was around $13 and nobody rushed to buy, today is almost $15 and no good news yet. Why should people buy this stock at such price?
    03-12-13 02:32 PM
    How could an unannounced product be delayed...
    Like in "how could a non paid share be sold already" ?
    Maybe ...
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    03-12-13 02:35 PM
    Why not?.....
    03-12-13 02:37 PM
    Just pure Canadian hatred for an American company!!! Huge J/K here.
    I snorted and laughed out loud.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-12-13 02:38 PM
    I am wondering, last week price was around $13 and nobody rushed to buy, today is almost $15 and no good news yet. Why should people buy this stock at such price?
    Because it can worth much, much more in the near future and people start to believe it will sooner than later ?
    03-12-13 02:38 PM
    Because we have an official launch date and no delay, ER is coming up and more carriers will soon be launching without delayed of the Z10.

The unknown is now known, so less risk means higher value to investors.

If you really have to ask such a question, your knowledge on investing is very limited and I'd suggest you stop what you're doing now (which is trying to bash BBRY).
    03-12-13 02:39 PM
    I don't know but I think it has to do with gas prices in Novosibirsk?
    03-12-13 02:41 PM
106,461 ... 343344345346347 ...