View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow, the negativity is insane.

What has honestly changed about the company in the last week?
    The goals are still the same, the execution is still the same, and the analysts one-sidedness is still the same.

We will hear more about the roadmap when it is time to hear more. Didn't we hear complaining when we heard the roadmap and then missed the target deadlines? So now BlackBerry waits until a more accurate date can be set, and what do we hear? Complaining!

Didn't people complain when Chen showed off the Classic and Passport too early? They said it ruined the anticipation. Now they are keeping the slider and Keian under wraps and not commenting. ...More complaining!

Chen is taking this on in the right way. Starting with the fundamentals and strategically building from there. He said it would be two years before we see the outcome. He has done what he said; reallocated resources, cut costs, made cash, made acquisitions, made partnerships. Now we are stable and scalable, and the growth channels have been put in place.

He says internal culture, salesforce and marketing are his next goals (with growth already underway) along with further partnerships and acquisitions. He hasn't lied yet, so I have to believe him. He has also started talking about share price (and acting upon it) so for people to say that they don't care is outrageous. It will come when we're not on the defense anymore and when we don't need to put all of our focus on goal-setting and execution anymore; basically, when we're not rebuilding everything.

I still support BBRY, and I'm still buying more shares.
    07-01-15 03:49 PM
    Just saw a BlackBerry Blend ad on YouTube and a banner ad for the Passport...is this Chen's new push? I've already got Blend and a Passport, which is partly why I'm getting the ads of course, but perhaps some non BlackBerry owners have been typing BlackBerry or Passport into Google and may go for it...trying to be optimistic here!

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB and Bilaal like this.
    07-01-15 03:54 PM
    I think that's the right question and answer.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Banff!

Happy Canada to you and all the Canadians on this thread!

Americans wait your turn, it's coming up next. But in case I get to drunken, Happy 4 of July to all!

Ot: oil broke below 58.00 and the Canadian Dollar is below 80.00.
    07-01-15 03:55 PM
    $7.xx again? I thought we were past this horsesh!t. Seems like no bottom in sight notwithstanding all that talk about "channels". Looks more like a downspout (sorry guys, no hard feelings, just immense frustration).

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    07-01-15 04:02 PM
    $7.xx again? I thought we were past this horsesh!t. Seems like no bottom in sight notwithstanding all that talk about "channels". Looks more like a downspout (sorry guys, no hard feelings, just immense frustration).

Posted via CB10
    We're basically already below the bottom. (?)
    The cash alone is worth $7/shr. I guess three straight quarters isn't enough to prove the cash is there to stay?
    That means the rest of BlackBerry is worth... $500million! Bahahaha!

It's beyond ridiculous.
    07-01-15 04:13 PM
    Hi all:

Just a quick update on my charts. Well, the trading machines and people are playing the support lines accurately; quite amazing. The sideway parallel channel support line was broken, after stopping right on it on June 26. Today, it bounced at 3:50 p.m. We are pretty much at the tipping point of either bouncing hard or breaking down *shivers*.

We need to see the SP trade above ~$8.20, $8.60, and $9.40 in the short term. The I don't think, Blackberry has started its buy back yet.

Hi Morgan, do you see any interesting observation on level 2?

3 minute chart for today action:
    Attachment 360412

Daily chart:
    Attachment 360413
    Hi JLagoon!

Thanks for your charts as always. I tend to walk away from this trading and look at it only couple of times a day. I don't think they have bought a share either. The volume dropped off nicely for a couple of hours today and then it picked up as they went hunting for stops. I would like to see daily volume 2.0 MM shares below today's level and we aren't quite there yet. I posted a channel that seems to be what the stock price is following. It appears that around 11:00 AM a steady stream of sellers hit the market and I think most of that trade, until 3:30 PM, was legit, then the stop hunters showed up. Just my take on it though.

I'll always give John Chen plenty of wiggle room to get this company turned around but the one thing he will be accountable for is editing the K-6 report. You can't stand before an audience of investors and read the minutes of the meeting, then disappear for a few hours and rewrite the data. We will never know if he was able to hide the data pertaining to the patent deals, but I for one am not impressed with how they handled it. I'm sure we lost a number of institutions of that mess. I think we are paying for that mistake today because it is no longer about the patents, its about how they felt investors would handle the lumpy software data. Assuming investors like "lump sums" versus a breakout of the data is just not cleaver management.

And so I think we are paying for that decision. As pointed out today, we are closing in on a cash valuation here, institutions will blow out the stock if it doesn't look well managed and Chen needs to be aware that even the most patient of investors can only take so much. Thank goodness many of us are into other trades.
    07-01-15 04:41 PM
    +100 Morgan.
    We're now under what I described before as acid rain. Fueled by the smoke J.C made at and post E.R.
    Legit or not, it's indefensible and that's my first yellow card for J.C as the chief and for the CFO + Communication team as the responsibles .

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 04:55 PM
    But on the bright side: http://thedroidreview.com/6-things-b...n-android-1178

Classically Posted.
    07-01-15 06:19 PM
    BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) - Wells Fargo: BlackBerry 'Surprise' Gross Margin Could Hit 40% Area, Stock Has Valuation Range Of $8-$9 | Benzinga

BlackBerry Ltd. stock has risen slightly in Wednesday's after-hours trading amid commentary from Wells Fargo analyst Maynard Um, who holds a Market Perform on shares with a valuation range of $8 to $9.

Um, in particular, sees a potential sale "less likely" in the immediate future, and said BlackBerry could look at other strategic alternatives. His latest update looked into the company's Q1 2016 10Q and broke the document down into a few key points.

In Um's words, they include:

• "Surprise is gross margin guided “to be in the 40% area.”"
    • "Software revenue expected to increase by “more than 20%,” excluding revenue from technology licensing versus last FY."
    • "Operating expenses to increase over the next few quarters; our/Street estimates at risk. Implied hardware gross margin declined to low/mid-single digits."
    • "Rescinds FY16 BBM revenue guidance of $100MM."
    • "Maintains Service revenue decline of 15% each quarter for FY16."
    • "Lack of new hardware releases could weigh on hardware sales."
    07-01-15 07:17 PM
    07-01-15 08:31 PM
    Fyi... I picked up some more shares at 8.32 this am, and now down 3%.

I had held off for a while, but the hugh drop encouraged me to dollar cost average. Time will tell, but I'm hoping they can execute on the long term vision.

Disclaimer: this is not investment advice

Posted via CB10
    Rule #1 of investing: Never ever buy a stock in a downtrend period...you buy when it bounce back. I will not touch it below $9 it is just suicide.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    07-01-15 08:43 PM
    With respects to hardware:

JC has always stated that the target audience for Hardware going forward was a niche segment of users. Prosumers, Regulated Industries, Government, Military. IMO it's fairly tough to expect any growth in Hardware sales with the absence of marketing, and avoidance of wooing ordinary consumers.
    Nice way to commit suicide..those are all users with an upgrade cycle of 3-5 years.

BTW. Short sellers could care less about Blackberry or any other companies..all they care is to make money and bashing them for that is just ridiculous. I myself have shorted many stocks for the same reason, making money.
    07-01-15 08:48 PM
    Rule #1 of investing: Never ever buy a stock in a downtrend period...you buy when it bounce back. I will not touch it below $9 it is just suicide.
    What a horrible rule. You will pick it up at $9 when it can be had for $8.32?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 09:08 PM
    Did you guys read the report from IDC that Blackberry lost market share in EMM last year?

Here's the huge mistake. In 2014, Blackberry was giving away licenses for free through EZPASS. Of course there was a revenue hit. So the 7 million+ licenses did not get accounted for as marketshare because there was no recorded revenue??

Poor method imo. Furthermore, not every provider sets the same price. One company declaring $100m in revenue does not mean they have the same marketshare as another with a similar revenue.

This is a total lie.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screenshot-idcdocserv-com-2015-06-30-16-22-37.png

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 10:44 PM
    Did you guys read the report from IDC that Blackberry lost market share in EMM last year?

Here's the huge mistake. In 2014, Blackberry was giving away licenses for free through EZPASS. Of course there was a revenue hit. So the 7 million+ licenses did not get accounted for as marketshare because there was no recorded revenue??

Poor method imo. Furthermore, not every provider sets the same price. One company declaring $100m in revenue does not mean they have the same marketshare as another with a similar revenue.

This is a total lie.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot-idcdocserv-com-2015-06-30-16-22-37.png 
Views:	1567 
Size:	188.3 KB 
ID:	360490
    I didn't read the report, but I think the 39.2% share was BBOS/BES5. LOL

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 10:52 PM
    Tell me about it.....why on earth would anyone want to buy low and sell high.... just doesn't make any sense!!!

I'm new to the stock trading game so thank you for the insightful post.

Any other pointers?
    07-01-15 11:51 PM

Correct (See below). BlackBerry should be thankful for this because had IDC somehow included free licences, then BlackBerry's drop in marketshare would have been more dramatic. The fact that they were the only one whose marketshare dropped in a rapidly growing industry is dramatic enough in itself.

Just as it should be.

Marketshare is usually measured as revenue. You've read this before, in which an industry segment is said to have a market size of say, $1B. If a company gets $500M in revenue, then they are said to have 50% marketshare.
    07-02-15 04:02 AM
    Correct (See below). BlackBerry should be thankful for this because had IDC somehow included free licences, then BlackBerry's drop in marketshare would have been more dramatic. The fact that they were the only one whose marketshare dropped in a rapidly growing industry is dramatic enough in itself.

Just as it should be.

Marketshare is usually measured as revenue. You've read this before, in which an industry segment is said to have a market size of say, $1B. If a company gets $500M in revenue, then they are said to have 50% marketshare.
    You must be an analyst by the way you twist the things that are said.

He said that there are many customers unaccounted-for because they are EZ-Pass subscribers and therefore not paying (yet). They don't show up in IDC's "study". A large chunk of these customers could/will convert to revenue over the next half year.

...although I'm pretty sure you understood just fine and chose to put a negative spin on it.
    07-02-15 05:24 AM
    Nice way to commit suicide..those are all users with an upgrade cycle of 3-5 years.
    My vision is that - as of date - the goal is to sell packages by hundreds if not thousands.
    That's what they can achieve right now with their workforce and channels.

Basically, I pretend that we will see next HW growth at the same pace than BES adoption.
    As mentionned above, "operating costs" are going to raise next quarter. I'm not sure how accounting rules apply then, but I won't be surprised if we notice either a significantly lower ASP or unusual "marketing expense" (i.e : incentive/promotional bundles).

I know how it's hard to consider that the customer market shouldn't even be part of our reasoning. I'ts now (IMHO) expected to be marginal in (calendar) 2016. Still, this will either generate profit (HW+SW side) or contribute to the "word of mouth" and brand recognition; the more device they've got in the wild, the more their - next (cal. 2017) - markting action will be efficient.

Err ... did I wrote "either" ? I meant "both", of course ;-)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crazycow.png
    07-02-15 05:51 AM
    Tell me about it.....why on earth would anyone want to buy low and sell high.... just doesn't make any sense!!!
    I'm new to the stock trading game so thank you for the insightful post.
    Any other pointers?
    Ok guys, let's step back and listen to others too, even if overall they don't seem to agree with "us".
    What I understood was :

When a stock is tanking hard & fast, you'd better wait for the bottom and rebound to happen before buying.
    Even if you miss the best price by a few pennies, it's safer and more profitable than to act quick and face the risk to miss the bottom you may never take off from.

Do I wear rosy glasses ?
    Well, each can learn from others and I must say I pretty agree with what I understood
    But, tbh, under $9 = suicide ? Wow, I must be dead now then !
    07-02-15 06:01 AM
    Ok guys, let's step back and listen to others too, even if overall they don't seem to agree with "us".
    What I understood was :

When a stock is tanking hard & fast, you'd better wait for the bottom and rebound to happen before buying.
    Even if you miss the best price by a few pennies, it's safer and more profitable than to act quick and face the risk to miss the bottom you may never take off from.

Do I wear rosy glasses ?
    Well, each can learn from others and I must say I pretty agree with what I understood
    This crossed my mind, and began to think that is what the OP meant to write... but then they went on to say that ".... I will not touch it below $9 it is just suicide"....

Curious, but why not? If you have the chance to buy lower, like now, wouldn't you want that?

AHA!.... Unless they are referring to BB.TO and not BBRY?

OR, maybe missed a few words?....because that is easy to do and meant to say,

Rule #1 of investing: Never ever buy a stock in a downtrend period...you buy when it bounce back. I will not touch it until it is below $9 and anything above that it is just suicide?

Honestly, hope they can clarify....
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 07-02-15 at 07:05 AM.
    07-02-15 06:12 AM
    07-02-15 06:15 AM
    This crossed my mind, and began to think that is what the OP meant to write... but then they went on to say that ".... I will not touch it below $9 it is just suicide"....

Curious, but why not? If you have the chance to buy lower, like now, wouldn't you want that?

AHA!.... Unless they are referring to BB.TO and not BBRY?

Hopefully they can clarify....
    appears I was too slow editing my mhhhoooos

BACK-2-BLACK and bungaboy like this.
    07-02-15 06:24 AM
    [warning : overheated random thought bellow]

There will not be a BlackBerry GPS android smartphone.
    BUT ... i'm curious how OHA rules apply to tablets ? (<= see what I did here lol).
    07-02-15 06:34 AM

Do I wear rosy glasses ?
    Yeah, well my ACB is just over $9 so anything under that is exactly the opposite of 'suicide'. That word is the reason people are reacting negatively, because it implies that the share price won't ever come back. When it turns, you won't need to wait to $9 for confirmation, but hey, each to their own...I'm happy to have fewer buyers in the crowd.

And if we're talking BB.TO, good luck waiting for that price, especially given the cash levels.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 07-02-15 at 07:04 AM.
    07-02-15 06:40 AM
113,256 ... 34453446344734483449 ...