694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    OT: but good reading material

Watts ahead of the curb?

http://www.cmegroup.com/education/fe...ext-china.html
    06-29-15 06:45 PM
    Instant Mobile Payments for BBM Money Launched in Indonesia
    BBM Money users on all platforms in Indonesia can now pay for goods and services online and in stores regardless of who they bank with.

Instant Mobile Payments Added to BBM Money in Indonesia | Inside BlackBerry
    Nice!!

Good timing too! Remember they were talking about it last year and began to wonder when it was going to be launched.

Seems like many are racing to get this mobile payment out and established...

Curious.... are other Messaging apps offering this? Are they even capable of doing it?

Would also like to see some Screen Shots!!!

Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 06-29-15 at 09:44 PM.
    06-29-15 09:32 PM
    OT but relevant since BlackBerry is going for the same space:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertgl...inkId=15196172

"Why Practice Fusion Is The Dominant Player In Cloud-Based Electronic Health*Records

San Francisco-based Practice Fusion, the largest U.S. cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) platform for doctors and patients, on June 18th launched a native version of its EHR optimized for iOS and Android based tablets.

This expansion of technology will allow the 112,000 active health care professionals to securely access their EHR and medical records. Practice Fusion is already regarded as an innovator and trailblazer in the industry, since it is the only Meaningful Use certified EHR with complete continuity and functionality across three separate platforms: desktop, iOS and Android. Beyond that, the platform is freewithout monthly fees and does not require any special training for adoption into practice.

This launch further extends our position as the most dominant, fastest innovating EHR, said Ryan Howard, Practice Fusion, CEO and Founder. In addition to having the largest patient-provider community in the country, Practice Fusion is the only EHR available where providers have the ability to quickly and securely access their free EHR on a variety of platforms. This independence empowers providers to use whichever device or platform helps them provide the best possible patient care.

As the fastest growing EHR in the U.S., Practice Fusion now*has over 100 million patient records under active management. In 2014 alone, Practice Fusions EHR was utilized to record over 56 million patient visitsnearly 6% of all ambulatory visits in the U.S.

As the transition to mobile devices has been rapidly occurring over the past five years or so, Practice Fusion has responded with clear plans to help expand the user experience. And with nearly 43% of physicians currently using a mobile device in their medical practice, Practice Fusion allows providers to choose which platform best fits in to their workflow.

As numerous studies show that the adoption of mobile devices by health care professionals increases every year, explains Howard, having a secure, mobile EHR is becoming increasingly crucial to providers.

With over 20,000 requests within the Practice Fusion community alone, the launch of native iOS and Android based applications demonstrates Practice Fusions commitment to empower providers with the latest tools to help them provide quality patient care.

Howard explains that the flexibility and connectivity options of our free platform has led to Practice Fusion being confirmed in a recent study by AmericanEHR as the de facto EHR for solo and 1-3 provider clinician offices.

With optimized navigation for landscape and portrait devices, the new iOS and Android based applications feature all the same capabilities already valued by Practice Fusion users such as e-prescribing to over 70k pharmacies and connecting with over 550 labs/imaging partners.

Data from the recent AmericanEHR study in partnership with the American College of Physicians (ACP) demonstrated that Practice Fusion is the clear leader for solo and practices with 1-3 medical providers. The study found that for solo providers, Practice Fusion has 40% greater market share than eClinicalWorks, the next largest competitor in this category. And for small offices with 1-3 medical providers, Practice Fusion also garnered 25% more market share than eClinicalWorks, the next largest competitor in this category. The survey concluded that Practice Fusion is the dominant player in the market of 1-3 member clinician practices. And based on data from the American Medical Association (AMA), almost 60 percent of physicians are members of practices made up of 10 physicians or less, with over 53% of physicians self-employed.

According to Healthit.gov, a federal website that provides comprehensive up-to date information regarding EHRs, the average upfront cost of implementation of an EHR is $33,000 per provider, along with an annual maintenance fee of $4,000. For many smaller practices, this may not be feasiblethus making the case for implementing Practice Fusion, a completely free, Meaningful Use certified EHR.

With this launch said Howard, Practice Fusion becomes the only EHR available that has complete continuity and functionality between a variety of platforms enabling providers to securely access their patients medical records.

Whether a provider is on their computer or tablet, they will have a completely streamlined and consistent user experience.

Howard also explained that For providers who are just adopting an EHR or are looking to use a mobile solution, the ability to not have to learn a new layout or system based on device is invaluable for saving provider time, which is increasingly becoming in short supply.

As healthcare providers have increasingly grown frustrated with using EHRS in their daily practice, functionality and mobile access are key drivers of what seems to stick. While medical scribes have certainly helped to free providers from data entry during daily clinical activities, being able to access records with ease and confidenceand at low or no cost are important factors which retain providers going forward.

Howard sums it up this way: By leveraging the agility of our platform, Practice Fusion is able to adopt solutions in response to industry trends and provider needs. With functionality now across three platforms, providers have the option to choose which solution best suits their workflow preferences and needs, allowing them to focus on whats most important treating patients and saving lives.
    06-29-15 09:35 PM
    -3.2%
    This breaks my heart (yet again)!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150629_214030.png
    Hoping for better days/weeks ahead. Don't see any driver other than (rumored) Android device which is to be released close to end of year. Don't see any other driver for next couple of months atleast.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 09:42 PM
    A technical analysis video from a short who thinks it "may" be time to go long soon. He sees support in the 8.22 to 8.15 range.

Last edited by kadakn01; 06-29-15 at 11:45 PM.
    06-29-15 09:54 PM
    A technical analysis video from a short who thinks it "may" be time to go long soon. He sees support in the 8.22 to 8.15 range.

Here's my interpretation of what he says would look like on a BB.TO ticker chart. Given today's price action I tend to agree with him.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-support-10.jpg
    kadakn01, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    06-30-15 12:27 AM
    Can't afford both. Chen said he won't let cash fall below $2.5billion. Also, don't forget, they're on the hook for $1.25billion of it.

I'd say get Sierra now, as their price will continue to rise.
    MobileIron will likely continue to falter. Might as well take as many customers as you can for free first!

Sierra is going to generate enough cash to buy MobileIron. MobileIron will cost BlackBerry cash if acquired, while the price for Sierra rises.
    I get what you mean.
    Still, BlackBerry is not an operator (common sense) and even apple finally retreat on this option.
    Partner hard with Sierra (mutual interests = cross licensing/resources) and use it as a lever is a better fit IMHO.
    MOBL acquisition would have an instant effect, even if you consider their loss will actually pump BBRY cash for a while (until they get ... uh ... liquidated, like a SuperCORE program).

Edit : did I mention all of this is 10,000% speculative/fantasy ?
    06-30-15 05:12 AM
    If one is happy with the health and direction of the company, the only rational thing now is to dig deep and buy more shares.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    06-30-15 05:20 AM
    -3.2%
    This breaks my heart (yet again)!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150629_214030.png 
Views:	1173 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	360048
    Hoping for better days/weeks ahead. Don't see any driver other than (rumored) Android device which is to be released close to end of year. Don't see any other driver for next couple of months atleast.

Posted via CB10
    I still don't think we've seen the "software that will make you want to use one phone, a BlackBerry" that was to be unveiled "in the summer". Depending on what it is in the end but it has potential to be a driver of the stock if it is what Chen says it is.
    bbjdog, bungaboy and RigoMonster like this.
    06-30-15 08:23 AM
    I still don't think we've seen the "software that will make you want to use one phone, a BlackBerry" that was to be unveiled "in the summer". Depending on what it is in the end but it has potential to be a driver of the stock if it is what Chen says it is.
    Isn't it the mortiv software that can split the bill based on personal and work data?

BTW, seems John said the company is working on some software that can allow you to control the smartphone with one hand? Also the Passport with better camera?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:30 AM
    He was referring to Movirtu's virtual sim solution. This is for people who carry two phones because they want separate phone numbers. The carrier does have to buy into this first.

Also, he didn't say "use one phone, a BlackBerry". It's not BlackBerry specific. In fact, if you go to the Movirtu, the single picture on their home page is that of an iPhone.
    06-30-15 08:38 AM

The overall market, according to the researchers, rose 27.2% year on year to hit $1.4 billion.

AirWatch by VMware ($161.1m, 11.4% share, up 78% YOY)
    Good Technology ($136.8m, 9.7% share, up 55.3%),
    BlackBerry ($133.8m, 9.5% share, down 16.7%),
    MobileIron ($130.1m, 9.2%, up 26.2%)
    Citrix ($114.2m, 8.1%, up 47.2%)
    Re-formatted for easier reading. I find it's always good to see things in proper perspective.
    06-30-15 08:46 AM
    06-30-15 08:53 AM
    06-30-15 08:54 AM
    Re-formatted for easier reading. I find it's always good to see things in proper perspective.
    Thanks.
    What about this one ?

BlackBerry + MobileIron ($263.9m, 18.7% share, N/A),
    AirWatch by VMware ($161.1m, 11.4% share, up 78% YOY)
    Good Technology ($136.8m, 9.7% share, up 55.3%),
    Citrix ($114.2m, 8.1%, up 47.2%)

Disclaimer : the above bolded label and figures are purely fictional.

Edit: FTR, a tiny (anemic vol.) green bump PM.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png
    06-30-15 08:59 AM
    Push MOBL below 5 first

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    06-30-15 09:09 AM
    http://www.finanzen.net/nachricht/ak...kBerry-4405510

Takeover rumor from a German source. According to the article, it will be announced next Monday.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 09:11 AM
    berraschung am Montag: Hier stimmt was nicht! Mergermonday fr BlackBerry? 30.06.2015 | Nachricht | finanzen.net

Takeover rumor from a German source. According to the article, it will be announced next Monday.
    Posted via CB10
    No, I just read it. No new rumor!
    They stated that if a takeover will happen, it might most likely on a monday for several reasons. No news at all in the article.
    No word about next monday.
    Don't start rumors here, LOL.
    Last edited by georg4BB; 06-30-15 at 10:00 AM. Reason: link removed
    Superfly_FR, jxnb, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    06-30-15 09:24 AM
    @georg : remove link from your quote ?
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-30-15 09:40 AM

Edit: FTR, a tiny (anemic vol.) green bump PM.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1467 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	360131
    Most of the time after you post one of these "Green!" screen captures, the stock price dives back down. A superstitious person might say that you're jinxing it.
    06-30-15 10:05 AM
    Most of the time after you post one of these "Green!" screen captures, the stock price dives back down. A superstitious person might say that you're jinxing it.
    The share price is a real joke, I just want to laugh

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 10:16 AM
    When ceo fumbled at the er call, investors confidence erode, not sure where the sp support is, I sure do not want to see 7 again.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 10:25 AM
    [QUOTE=notfanboy;11755199]He was referring to Movirtu's virtual sim solution. This is for people who carry two phones because they want separate phone numbers. The carrier does have to buy into this first.

Also, he didn't say "use one phone, a BlackBerry". It's not BlackBerry specific. In fact, if you go to the Movirtu, the single picture on their home page is that of an iPhone.[/QUOTE}

I want to disagree on this. BlackBerry acquired Movirtu in Sept 2014. In December of 2014 he had this interview with Bloomberg and said he would unveil the software hopefully around June next year

In this video from about 0:47 listen to the conversation. "Im hoping to convince people to move to one device, it's obviously the BlackBerry device"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...revenue-growth
    06-30-15 10:25 AM
    I want to disagree on this. BlackBerry acquired Movirtu in Sept 2014. In December of 2014 he had this interview with Bloomberg and said he would unveil the software hopefully around June next year

In this video from about 0:47 listen to the conversation. "Im hoping to convince people to move to one device, it's obviously the BlackBerry device"

[video]http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2014-12-19/when-will-blackberry-see-revenue-growth[/url]
    What else could it be? Have you heard any other viable theories?
    06-30-15 10:32 AM
    What else could it be? Have you heard any other viable theories?
    I looked at the Movirtu web page you captioned and I did not see any recent software announcement. Google news doesn't show any software announcement in June for Movirtu.

That's why I am saying we haven't heard what this is yet, and really, am not sure what it could be. I thought maybe it was a "BlackBerry experience" Android phone made by BlackBerry but from recent interviews it appears even it that was the case, it's not ready for a June release or advice.

He's mentioned it in more than just this interview - this is just the one I could remember and find easily, which means they think they have a game changing product coming.

That's why I think its still to be announced.
    06-30-15 10:41 AM
107,404 ... 34413442344334443445 ...