702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Any idea if:

AEZS - bought at $1.49
    CTIC - bought at $2.71
    CPXX - bought at $2.91

Will go above my purchase price?

I also have 2016 expiry BBRY options which are under water. Bought in $.80s and are now $.10s lol but I am hoping we'll receive $15+ acquisition offer before year end and i'd get a chance to roll-over to 2017 options.

Right now - all 4 of my investments are under water. CTIC and CPXX have shown some good bounce in past week though. Hope they continue to go up so I can atleast breakeven. AEZS hasn't shown any signs of life.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 07:20 PM
    OT: Not sure if there are any DARA Pharma shareholders here but I bought a bunch near the 52 week low and they just announced a proposed acquisition agreement with Midatech Pharma PLC. Not sure whether to sell or let the acquisition go through and have Midatech Pharma in my portfolio with the 4:1 stock switch? Can anybody chime in on this please as I do not hold any Euro stocks. Thank you. Ben

PS: Been busy sorting out insurance and rebuilding my Pcar since I totalled her on April 17th..
    Hi bigbadben10 !!!

Are you telling us you have a profit in DARA? That's great news, I followed that one for 3-years and couldn't find an entry point. They did the reverse split and I deleted them from my stock watch. You have to look at Midatech for the answer, they look like a good fit and more importantly, you get new management. I can't do the research on Midatech right now so you will have to see what they are all about. This marriage could work, I just don't know enough about the UK company to give you advice. GL
    06-04-15 07:24 PM
    06-04-15 07:53 PM
    Morgan, a speedy recovery and all the best.
    06-04-15 08:17 PM
    Thank you M+8 I very much appreciate your comments. And yes I absolutely made a profit on DARA

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    06-04-15 08:33 PM
    Lucky2010,

Thanks for thinking of me regarding your investments. I have been with this thread for a couple of years now, and some of you know that I have suffered from a viral infection while in Mexico and that infection is similar to a flesh-eating disease. I found out that I had it while trying to fly home from Cancun. Since that time, I have undergone 6 major head operations that where needed to stem the dissolving of certain areas of the brain. I have one more major operation to rebuild some damage left by the virus, and at that time, I might be able to get back some of my life.

And so I'm not able to communicate as I once did, I have severe restrictions on what I can do until we are certain the virus is irradiated and the damaged areas are completely rebuilt again. For instance, within three weeks of coming home, I had lost all of my ability to hear. The components that make up my hearing process have been reconstructed and I'm at about 50% and improving with additional surgery. I won't go into all the other issues but there are some serious ones that we are going to address in the months ahead. What this means is that I have restrictions on what I can do, I limit myself to one thread on CB, this one, I don't take phone calls and try to deal with issues when they arise as best that I can. I can't operate my 3 BBM channels right now but I do plan on taking them live within the next 12 months. That's the best that I can do, if you want to talk about stocks on another thread, I can't participate in that right now. This is the only thread where you can reach me for the balance of this year I'm afraid.

Now things are looking up here, I went from not being able to walk to repurchasing a motorcycle this week! I wasn't really suppose to be here after Christmas but I fooled some Docs and now I'm making a big comeback so it just takes time and discipline to see this through. If you know of someone who has had flesh eating disease, you know what I have been going through. It's all located in my head and not any where else in my body but that's not a good thing as my nervous system sends all kinds of distressful signals out to my heart and reflex system. That's my story, things are improving now and we are hoping this year will see a complete recovery after one more complicated surgery in the Fall sometime. That's all I can do for now so feel free to ask questions, I try to answer them all. GL
    Morgan - I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I did not know. May God bless you with good health and fast recovery. You are a good man and this world needs many like you.

BB is my first investment in stock ever and the reason why i got in is because i am a big fan and believe in this company. I am so new to this. My average stock price is 15.50 and I am currently in negative. I am trying to learn more about other stocks so I can get green in overall. You have lots of knowledge about stocks and have done very well for yourself. I hope to learn from you alot.
    06-04-15 08:53 PM
    Lucky2010,

Thanks for thinking of me regarding your investments. I have been with this thread for a couple of years now, and some of you know that I have suffered from a viral infection while in Mexico and that infection is similar to a flesh-eating disease. I found out that I had it while trying to fly home from Cancun. Since that time, I have undergone 6 major head operations that where needed to stem the dissolving of certain areas of the brain. I have one more major operation to rebuild some damage left by the virus, and at that time, I might be able to get back some of my life.

And so I'm not able to communicate as I once did, I have severe restrictions on what I can do until we are certain the virus is irradiated and the damaged areas are completely rebuilt again. For instance, within three weeks of coming home, I had lost all of my ability to hear. The components that make up my hearing process have been reconstructed and I'm at about 50% and improving with additional surgery. I won't go into all the other issues but there are some serious ones that we are going to address in the months ahead. What this means is that I have restrictions on what I can do, I limit myself to one thread on CB, this one, I don't take phone calls and try to deal with issues when they arise as best that I can. I can't operate my 3 BBM channels right now but I do plan on taking them live within the next 12 months. That's the best that I can do, if you want to talk about stocks on another thread, I can't participate in that right now. This is the only thread where you can reach me for the balance of this year I'm afraid.

Now things are looking up here, I went from not being able to walk to repurchasing a motorcycle this week! I wasn't really suppose to be here after Christmas but I fooled some Docs and now I'm making a big comeback so it just takes time and discipline to see this through. If you know of someone who has had flesh eating disease, you know what I have been going through. It's all located in my head and not any where else in my body but that's not a good thing as my nervous system sends all kinds of distressful signals out to my heart and reflex system. That's my story, things are improving now and we are hoping this year will see a complete recovery after one more complicated surgery in the Fall sometime. That's all I can do for now so feel free to ask questions, I try to answer them all. GL
    Well done. Us docs love being wrong about certain things.

Even more appreciative of your contribution to this thread.

Gotta prioritize, we are lucky to be on your list at all.

Posted with my flash Passport
    CDM76, jxnb, fedakd and 10 others like this.
    06-04-15 10:18 PM
    Lucky2010,

GL
    Hi Morgan,

I owe you many thanks (as well as a fine bottle of Port at the very least) for your recommendation with HALO and your tireless commitment to our BlackBerry investment here.

After reading about your recent plight, I feel compelled to share that in Feb, I was hospitalized for a week after getting Sepsis from a simple 15 minute biopsy procedure that introduced a super bug into my bloodstream; treatable by only two remaining broad spectrum antibiotics. One of the things that kept me occupied and provided a welcomed distraction from the pain and illness was this amazing thread... I also should thank the many great contributors here that make this the single most complete resource for anything BlackBerry related. So...I can say that this thread is a perfect treatment for hospital cases!

After missing work for almost a month and being in sales (it also meant no income as well during the time off), my Halo shares (as well as SPHS...but sold out too soon in that one at $0.68 from $0.50) have more than made up for any shortfall. I cannot help but feel completely indebted to you. I am hanging onto Halo for at least the remainder of the year.

Now let's hope that BlackBerry will mirror the steps of Halo very soon!
    06-05-15 01:29 AM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    BlackBerry Spy-Proofs Samsung Tablets With IBM Software

http://stks.co/q2EO3

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 07:08 AM

BlackBerry Spy-Proofs Samsung Tablets With IBM Software - Bloomberg Business

Posted via CB10
    The Bloomberg Troll Host went out of his way to be negative on all things BlackBerry.
    rarsen, CDM76, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    06-05-15 07:29 AM

http://stks.co/q2EO3

Posted via CB10
    Is this new news or March 2015 news?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-05-15 07:46 AM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    March dated news.. sorry if posted already

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, 3MIKE and sidhuk like this.
    06-05-15 07:59 AM
    The Bloomberg Troll Host went out of his way to be negative on all things BlackBerry.
    Yep. Even deliberately made the headline sound funky and somewhat negative.

Posted via CB10
    zyben, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-05-15 08:45 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, getting close to the weekend and thinking of Hacked Sites where maybe using BlackBerry (in its area of expertise) could of helped greatly minimize if not avoid much of the pain -- just saying... Starting with a definition of Sadomasochism, a subset of BDSM, is the giving or receiving of pleasure from acts involving the receipt or infliction of pain or humiliation. Maybe it's just me but seems several out there enjoy pain. Here is a partial list of fairly recent Hacked Sites that comes to mind having reached the Media, probably larger numbers exists but not reported to not to scare the population:

Anthem Health Insurer stored Social Security numbers (almost 100 million customers and employees),
    Aviva Insurance UK (Heartbleed exploit when using MobileIron to manage more than 1,000 smart devices such as iPhones and iPads, The hacker then performed a full wipe of every device and subsequently took out the MobileIron server itself..),
    Belgacom (European Union),
    BlueCross (11 M),
    eBay (145M users, $200M),
    Dutch Government (servers are flooded with traffic, causing sites to fail to load),
    European Central Bank (personal data),
    Home Depot (109M records, including 56M credit cards & 53M email addresses),
    iCloud (celebrity nudies and more),
    Japan Pension Fund (1.25 Million cases),
    JPMorgan (80M households and 7M small &medium businesses),
    Madarin Oriental Hotels (credit cards "almost certainly impacted most if not all Mandarin hotels in the United States"),
    Snapchat (around 13GB of data, 100M active users),
    Sony ($100 million in lost revenue.),
    Spotify (40M users),
    Target (100M records breach $110M),
    Twitter,
    USB security,
    US Government workers (June 2015 massive breach 4M workers),
    US Postal Service (800,000 employers, including Social Security),
    US Weather Systems.

Anyone dare put a dollar figure on these numbers, as end-clients will participate in paying for this avoidable mess of not using proper available tools. Or maybe the Sado level needs to be increased some more, to properly understand the implications... This is enough to drive one to drink !
    jxnb, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 14 others like this.
    06-05-15 09:10 AM
    I am cashing my DARA at a good profit I don't like the fact that after acquisition DARA shareholders will be under a "American Depositary Receipts" just my .1 cents (not an expert)

edit: to add more infos
    All Midatech Ordinary Shares will be delivered to the holders of DARA Common Stock in the form of American Depositary Receipts ("ADRs"). Based on the current price of Midatech, each DARA share will be converted into ADRs with a value equivalent to approximately $1.20 per DARA share. The ADRs will be listed on NASDAQ.

Read more: DARA BioSciences Announces Proposed Acquisition Agreement With Midatech Pharma PLC, a UK Based Specialty Pharmaceutical Company - NASDAQ.com
    OT: Not sure if there are any DARA Pharma shareholders here but I bought a bunch near the 52 week low and they just announced a proposed acquisition agreement with Midatech Pharma PLC. Not sure whether to sell or let the acquisition go through and have Midatech Pharma in my portfolio with the 4:1 stock switch? Can anybody chime in on this please as I do not hold any Euro stocks. Thank you. Ben

PS: Been busy sorting out insurance and rebuilding my Pcar since I totalled her on April 17th..
    Last edited by Soumaila Somtore; 06-05-15 at 09:44 AM.
    06-05-15 09:27 AM
    Yes thanks SS I have read the full disclosure of the proposed acquisition. Cheers. Ben

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    06-05-15 10:12 AM
    Lucky2010,

Two words: CLASS ACT !!

The fact that you chose to solely participate in this thread considering your recovery and caliber, speaks volumes !!

Cant wait for you to take the honours and make 100,00th post !!

(I nominate you for the 100,00th!)

(you have time to draft up a deserving one for all of us to admire and be proud of )

06-05-15 10:14 AM
    Boeing Black / BlackBerry

Is the Boeing Black self-destructing phone enterprise-grade?

The Boeing Black self-destructing phone puts security first, but does it fit into an enterprise's mobile security scheme? Expert Michael Cobb explains.

BlackBerry and Boeing are creating a new self-destructing phone that runs on an Android operating system. How does such a device work? Is there any case this device would be considered enterprise-grade?

The majority of mobile devices are designed to appeal to the general public, where features such as screen and camera resolution are regarded as far more important than information security. This leads to a situation where many devices' security controls are add-ons or can easily be disabled. Even though Apple and other vendors are continuing to innovate and add security features to their devices to make them more attractive to government agencies, it leaves organizations where security is paramount with limited choices.

The Boeing Black is an Android-based smartphone targeted at those who put security first, second and third on their list of requirements. This means security can form the foundation of the phone's design from the very start and not be compromised by the need to appeal to the masses. It certainly won't appeal to the everyday user; it has a low-resolution screen, modest processing power and unimpressive battery capacity compared to today's smartphones. However, no other phones come with dual cellular network support and "self-destruct if tampered with" capabilities.

Behind Boeing Black's security is the proprietary PureSecure architecture. Like Samsung's KNOX platform, it has a trusted boot mode that can detect and thwart attempts to root the device. It also features onboard media encryption with embedded FIPS 140-2 key storage and the ability to block certain functions like the camera, voice calling and Wi-Fi network access based on location and other data points.

The phone has two SIM card slots, one for commercial networks and one for private government networks. The phone can switch personalities between the two and lock down data and features on the phone that are restricted to government networks when connected to a commercial provider. There is also a proprietary "modular expansion port" for the connection of secure, mission-specific add-ons for expanding power capacity, satellite connectivity and other technologies such as biometric sensors. The phone is manufactured as a sealed device with epoxy around the casing and screws, the heads of which are covered with a tamper-proof covering to identify attempted disassembly. Any attempt to break open the casing of the device triggers "self-destructing" functions that delete the device's data and software and makes it inoperable.

There's little information available about BlackBerry's role in its development other than the Black will support BlackBerry's BES 12 cross-platform enterprise mobility management technology for managing iOS, Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry devices across the enterprise. BlackBerry also offers the only mobile messaging app that supports the Boeing Black's FIPS 140-2-validated cryptographic library. It's not clear yet which level of classification the Boeing Black is going to be cleared for within the Defense Department; there's no release date or price, but it should be sometime this year.

If an enterprise needs mobile devices to store and communicate highly sensitive information but is unlikely to be one of Boeing's select clientele, the anti-eavesdropping Blackphone device from SGP Technologies is a possible alternative. Other secure phones on the market include Sect�ra Edge from General Dynamics which is certified to protect wireless voice communications classified "Top Secret" as well as access email and websites classified "Secret." If this type of product is above budget, Cellcrypt Mobile is an application that provides end-to-end real-time encryption for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone and Nokia smartphones without the need for specialized equipment.
    06-05-15 10:19 AM
    OT but couldn't resist.
    This LE black-on-black BaBe will soon be mine ... can't wait !

Corbu, jxnb, bungaboy and 10 others like this.
    06-05-15 11:46 AM
    Welcome to Canada!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cgvqdyquyaaj4nn.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image1.img.2048.medium.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tech1.jpg
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-05-15 at 12:45 PM.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 12 others like this.
    06-05-15 12:27 PM
    Remember that story?
    FBI ? Former Wireless Executive Arrested for Selling Confidential Financial Information

Well:
    FBI ? Former COO of Wireless Retailer Pleads Guilty to Selling Confidential Information to Financial Services Firm

More info:
    Former Wireless Zone Exec Pleads Guilty to Selling Secrets | WHAV

The charging document identifies seven research notes prepared and distributed by the financial services firm that include information supplied by Dunham, including information regarding the status of certain product launches, the number of new subscribers to a specific wireless provider and sales and return information for specific smartphones. In particular, Dunham was the source for an April 11, 2013, research note in which the firm reported that returns were exceeding sales for a Blackberry smartphone. Following distribution of that note, Blackberry’s stock price dropped seven percent in a single day.
    06-05-15 01:40 PM
    https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/statu...17135579906049

John Legere ‏@JohnLegere 27 minutes ago
    Look what is waiting for me in #Seattle! Thanks for the birthday #batman blackberry, @JohnChen and @blackberry team!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cgwz6qrwqae05wp.jpg
    06-05-15 03:43 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies files, with local incident in province of Quebec receiving large publicity in local Medias. Driver is fined as Apple Watch considered a distraction to the vehicle driver, as any apparatus with a phone function in the hands of the driver. Additionally the following:

Apple Watch or Android Wear? Neither. Why smartwatches aren't ready for prime time | ZDNet
    06-05-15 03:58 PM
    Some missing payday.

The biggest paydays that didn�t make the table (RTGAM)

JANET McFARLAND

Not all of the biggest compensation payments in Canada shows up on our pay chart. Here are other big paydays in 2014:

1. Gerry Schwartz, CEO Onex Corp., $59-million (U.S.)

In addition to the $19-million Mr. Schwartz was paid directly in 2014, he also took home a further $40-million in payouts from his ownership stake in Onex-managed investments. And other Onex executives were also at the top of pay charts last year, with senior managing director Seth Mersky, for example, earning $23-million directly and a further $9-million from his investments in Onex funds for a total of $32-million.

2. Gerry McCaughey, retired CEO CIBC, $53.6-million (Canadian)

Mr. McCaughey took home $10.6-million directly last year, but he also received a $43-million payout upon his retirement from a 15-year-old special share unit program created to reward long-gone merchant banking investments in companies such as Global Crossing Ltd. He was the last remaining executive at CIBC to hold share units under the program. On top of the payout in 2014, the bank revealed he also will be paid an additional $16.7-million over the next two years in special post-retirement payments.

3. Ari Kellen, executive vice-president, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, $50.6-million (U.S.)

Mr. Kellen, who joined Valeant in 2014, was among several top executives who out-earned CEO Michael Pearson last year. Mr. Kellen�s $50.6-million pay total included $43-million in stock awards and a $5-million bonus. Executive vice-president Howard Schiller earned $27-million last year while executive vice-president Robert Chai-Onn took home $24-million.

4. Thorsten Heins, former CEO BlackBerry Ltd., $49.7-million (U.S.)

All eyes were on the pay awarded to incoming BlackBerry CEO John Chen during the company�s fiscal 2014 year, ended March 1, but Mr. Heins was also awarded a huge $49.7-million in compensation. However, the total disclosed on BlackBerry�s pay chart gives a misleading impression because Mr. Heins forfeited $33.7-million worth of new share units on his departure that had been granted to him earlier in the year.
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    06-05-15 04:44 PM
    Thanks Corbu!!! I vote for the 20 years. The $11K those crooks cost me that day is gone now and I will not see it again! v

". . . Dunham was the source for an April 11, 2013, research note in which the firm reported that returns were exceeding sales for a specific smartphone. Following distribution of that note, the stock price for the smartphone manufacturer dropped seven percent in a single day. . .

The charging statute provides for a sentence of no greater than 20 years in prison, three years of supervised release, and a fine of the greater of $250,000, or twice the gross gain or loss. Actual sentences for federal crimes are typically less than the maximum penalties. Sentences are imposed by a federal district court judge based upon the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors."
    06-05-15 05:15 PM
113,256 ... 33983399340034013402 ...