View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Converted 5 people so far, all close friends, 3 using Android, 1 using an iPhone, and one using a Windows Phone. I have been able to get a LOT of interest with my Dev Alpha B to easily 20-30+ people so far, but for a fact I know that 3 people will be buying on launch day. These are all people who were otherwise planning on going to the iPhone. The other 2 of the 5 are waiting for their upgrades to come, but are totally sold on BB10.

So honestly guys, once you get this phone, SHOW IT OFF! So many people have no idea that BlackBerry is back.. Showing off the OS with little to no "sales pitch" and I alone helped give BB 3 guaranteed sales on launch day for Verizon. They NEED word of mouth guys, just imagine how big this can potentially be.. The OS sells itself! Just show it off!
    I suggest Blackberry to setup additional sales channel for its phones. The new sales channel will borrow the marketing strategy of "ARMWAY".
    If any member converts one other platform user to Z10, then he or she will get $20 as commission.
    In other words, if a BB fan can convert 30 people to Z10, then he got the new Z10 for free.
    If Blackberry goes this way, I think that additional millions phone can be sold.
    03-11-13 11:47 PM
    So people who didn't get out after the 30th will now get out at 15 instead of $17 3 weeks ago? Or maybe the 15.20 from 2 weeks ago. They wait all this time and heartache to get out finally tmr at a lower price than both those occasions after the 30th? Can someone explain that rationale to me please?
    For some people, when they sold the shares, they made wish that the share price will dip so they can refill. It is very common self-interest-centered, no thing less and more.

I sold 2K shares today but I am not going to say that the share will drop tomorrow because I really don't care either way. If it goes up, it make me more money on my remaining shares, if it drops, I may buy back the 2k shares I sold today.

I would never trust anyone who says negative when he sold the share while pumping the shares when he bought in.
    fedakd likes this.
    03-11-13 11:57 PM
    Dude BB no internet in Siberia?
    Don't worry about dude , gas went down so BB went up. His meds are given to him by his doctor :-)
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-12-13 12:18 AM
    My hyper-chilled-out (still rookie) comment. Keep quiet until $20.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 01:51 AM
    From Prem:

Markets fluctuate and very often in extreme directions. Remember the tech boom, when companies with no
    sales were valued at tens of billions of dollars? In 2000, Northern Telecom accounted for 36.5% of the Toronto
    Stock Exchange index and was worth almost Cdn$400 billion; by 2009, it was bankrupt! Well, last year the opposite
    happened to Research in Motion (now known as BlackBerry). At its low of approximately $61⁄2 per share, it
    sold at 1⁄3 of book value per share and a little above cash per share (it has no debt). The stock price had declined
    95% from its high! The company produces the BlackBerry which for years was synonymous with the smart phone.
    The BlackBerry brand name is perhaps one of the more recognizable brand names in the world and the company
    has 79 million subscribers worldwide. Revenues went from essentially zero to $20 billion in about 15 years and
    then it hit an air pocket! The company got complacent, perhaps overconfident, and did not respond quickly
    enough to Apple and Android. Mike Lazaridis, the founder and a technological genius and a good friend asked
    me to join the Board, which I did after meeting Thorsten Heins, whom Mike recommended as the next CEO of
    the firm. Thorstens 27 years of experience in all types of leadership jobs in small and large divisions at Siemens,
    combined with his five years at BlackBerry, were exactly what was needed. Thorsten hired a very capable
    management team and then focused on producing a high quality BB10 the next generation of BlackBerries. The
    brand name, a security system second to none, a distribution network across 650 telecom carriers worldwide, a
    79 million subscriber base, enterprise customers accounting for 90% of the Fortune 500, almost exclusive usage by
    governments in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K., a huge original patent portfolio, an outstanding new operating
    system developed by QNX and $2.9 billion in cash with no debt, are all formidable strengths as BlackBerry makes
    its comeback! The stock price recently moved as high as $18 per share, a far cry from the $140 per share it sold at
    a few years ago. And please note, 1.8 billion cell phones are sold worldwide annually, and of the 6 billion cell
    phones in the world, only 1 billion are smart phones. Lots of opportunity for Canadas greatest technology company!
    What is striking, even for a person like me who has seen many bull and bear markets, is that at $61⁄2 per
    share, all the Wall Street and Bay Street analysts were uniformly negative just as they were uniformly positive
    only a few years ago at prices north of $100 per share. John Templetons advice to us: Buy at the point of
    maximum pessimism, still rings in our ears!! We own approximately 10% of the company at an average cost of
    $17 per share and we are excited about its prospects under Thorstens leadership and Mikes technical genius.
    03-12-13 02:45 AM
    To get into $21 range before the ER, we need the news release from ATT, something as "After two (or one) week on sale of Z10, we are very happy to announce that the sales of Z10 have been extremely well, it is the most sucessful launch in any previous BB phone lauches. Furthermore, more than 65% buyers are from other platforms and we expect the high demand for Z10 continues."
    After today, I think we could hit $20-21 even with no news, solely based on rumor as long as there's no bad news. It will go up slowly and accelerate when it gets to the week of the 28th.
    03-12-13 03:19 AM
    I think shorts have tried so fard since launch to bring it down including old news, shown no news, kept bull news under the carpet and now nothing left..The only thing I can think of that no selling well in USA. If USA does average or even if people here get z10 within next 2 weeks it will take it test $18. It would have gone up even higher but there is a bit of fear out there for BB being BB and previous slides after launch and bit of profti taking as well..

On the side note. I like her articles...may be because she is on our side.

Good read on bb10.

The hard road to BlackBerry 10: BlackBerry's CEO on why he ignored advice to go Android | ZDNet
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-12-13 03:25 AM
    No dude. No. Pyramid style sale is the worst possible sales channel. Even if it works, BlackBerry reputation would be down the gutters in 37 seconds flat.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 04:02 AM
    Might see another rally.. Frankfurt closed 11.230, now its already almost 5% up @11,790
    03-12-13 04:52 AM
    Might see another rally.. Frankfurt closed 11.230, now its already almost 5% up @11,790
    Wow! Here we go again! BBRY is up 2.68% in premarket...
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 03-12-13 at 06:20 AM.
    03-12-13 05:49 AM
    edit: I think I quoted a wrong post

Do not chase few cents.
    I bought a small number of shares back at 18$...closed it with some loss at 15$..but accepted the loss and not trying to chase it (you should only invest money you are 'comfortable' losing) then I invested fairly large number down at 12,7 and 12,8..Thats the bottom, and I am not planning to close any time soon. I already broke even with my previous losses, but selling now would be in my opinion quite a weird thing to do. (even with a small profit ) You already invested money you are ready to lose, then hold it... Trying to chase few cent there and there, will only result in losses
    03-12-13 06:26 AM
    Gang, you need to know that this is a very impressive rally here, we took out a key resistance level at the 50-dma, we then took out an overhead resistance level at $ 14.83/shr and we took out a "down trend line" from the 52 week highs so we are in a terrific rally here. We have one more small target that needs to fall, it's the resistance we met last time at $ 15.30/shr, we also need to see follow through on this rally so tomorrow is the perfect time to do it all. Let's look to gap up, trade through the $ 15.30 level, make new highs all day and again, close near the highs. I think we could close the week having made 52 highs at one point, that's the potential here.

This is a major brea-kout for the stock, we are targeting $ 22.00/shr and if those numbers are good on earnings day, we hit that. The short position is still uncovered, no one believes this rally can last, they aren't covering now, but if earnings place us close to break-even on EPS, and cash is strong, the shorts will be forced to step in. Misek was on BNN.com just after 4:30 PM if you want his latest take. He and a couple of others will be raising their targets to $ 23 - $ 25 on EPS day and that's how we hit and hold the $ 20.00 mark with some over shoot on the rally. Things are really coming together here, let's get over $ 15.30 and hold it tomorrow.
    Kind of funny how we're targeting 22 and there also so happens to be 22 Thanks xD
    03-12-13 07:27 AM
    I am showing premarket at 15.30.

Could be another good day, fasten your seat belts!
    03-12-13 07:46 AM
    Because there's about the same chance that it'll go to $17 as it'll go back down to $13. Would you rather take a small loss at $15 or a big one at $13?

So people who didn't get out after the 30th will now get out at 15 instead of $17 3 weeks ago? Or maybe the 15.20 from 2 weeks ago. They wait all this time and heartache to get out finally tmr at a lower price than both those occasions after the 30th? Can someone explain that rationale to me please?
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-12-13 07:48 AM
    I'm expecting a huge bearish push on opening...lets see if the bulls can push them aside.

Posted via CB10
    BThunderW and bungaboy like this.
    03-12-13 07:54 AM
    $15.40 and climbing...come on $17 today!!!
    03-12-13 08:08 AM
    Btw, regarding those prices in Frankfurt someone quoted earlier. Just wanted to point out that even a low volume premarket day usually sees more shares sold than a regular trading day in Germany

Think yday they saw 100k and that was by the far the biggest day in a while. Just something to keep in mind. Those numbers are even less meaningful than premarket ones.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 08:19 AM
    I'm expecting a huge bearish push on opening...lets see if the bulls can push them aside.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if that will happen. One of the usual shorts blind spots is their own hubris. I wouldn't be surprised if they stay out of the way and let it build until ER, SHORTING even more on the rise. After ER, or the day before, they will attack and see if they can do serious damage and make serious dollars when they try to take the stock down. The ER is a very tricky proposition for BBRY. BBRY has not handled conf. calls and ER very well in the past. Even if there is tons of good news to report I wouldn't necessarily trust them to deliver it properly. The shorts certainly know how to play that game better and it may not even be a fair fight. I bet BBRY will have good news, I just don't know how it will be communicated and received so I am not betting here.
    Shanerredflag, Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    03-12-13 08:20 AM
    It's nice to see a rally like this again. The volume is 700,000+ in the premarket.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-12-13 08:20 AM
    $15.40 and climbing...come on $17 today!!!
    If BBRY hits 17 today it WILL be some party! It is very possible as I think that now that they have announced their USA introduction, it has "changed" things. Next few days will tell!

$15.36 at 8:23 est.
    03-12-13 08:22 AM
    Btw, regarding those prices in Frankfurt someone quoted earlier. Just wanted to point out that even a low volume premarket day usually sees more shares sold than a regular trading day in Germany

Think yday they saw 100k and that was by the far the biggest day in a while. Just something to keep in mind. Those numbers are even less meaningful than premarket ones.

Posted via CB10
    I respectfully disagree, I am using Frankfurt as a 'sentiment' tool. For the last couple of months, I never noticed US closing in opposite direction to Frankfurt (US red, Frankfurt green / Frankfurt red, US green) Whilst when we are up in pre-market, there is a chance of closing in red.

From my sentiment 'analysis' if Frankfurt ends in green (dont care about %), US ends in green, and that what matters to me.

edit: wouldnt set hopes high for 16,50+.. however, if we can hold this above 15,50$ by the end of the day, that will be superb news. (15,50$ was the wall we hit on 15th Feb after that rally from the bottom)
    03-12-13 08:37 AM

Posted via CB10

Fell fast already...the bears are awake...lol
    03-12-13 08:39 AM
    I think our DudeBB has resurfaced as Mian Athar. LoL

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post8100246

Sorry for the distraction. $15.28 and .5 million shares pre-market so far.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-12-13 08:49 AM
    Lol he posted over in Rehab as well...lost all his old login info etc....VPN and multiple identities?

15.17 in PM

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-12-13 09:08 AM
    we are expecting some turbulence so please return to your seats, fasten your seatbelts, and place your trays in the upright position.
    that is all.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-12-13 09:13 AM
107,439 ... 338339340341342 ...