View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT: HAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Thanks M8!!
    Great to see this! but I started a short position at $19.25, almost 15% gain in the last week and chart showing there might be some profit taking in the near future, can't wait for this to go back down to start a long position again. Also shorted AYA.TO GLTA
    06-03-15 02:11 PM
    Hate to say it but HALO as a better chance to see $20 before going much down for covering (that's my opinion and I am not an expert) I think you might have a better luck shorting it when it reach $22.00 just saying again I am not an expert!.
    Great to see this! but I started a short position at $19.25, almost 15% gain in the last week and chart showing there might be some profit taking in the near future, can't wait for this to go back down to start a long position again. Also shorted AYA.TO GLTA
    take99 likes this.
    06-03-15 03:59 PM
    I can't believe this from the Culturally Boring Corporation, Not negative!!!!

BlackBerry makes it easier to give your car's computer a tune-up

Over-the-air updates means you won't have to go to the dealership for a fix

CBC News Posted: Jun 03, 2015 3:11 PM ET| Last Updated: Jun 03, 2015 3:17 PM ET

BlackBerry makes it easier to give your car's computer a tune-up - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News

BlackBerry has announced a new and better way for the company to push updates to your car's operating software without you ever needing to drive to a garage for a fix.

The company can send what's called over-the-air, or OTA updates, securely to cars that use the company's Internet of Things platform.

"There is software for everything for how your engine is working, to how your radio is working, to how your airbag is deployed should you be in some sort of incident," said Steve West, the senior director of business development for BlackBerry Technology Solutions.

"There can be as many as 10 million lines of code in a modern vehicle. So when you look at that complexity, right, there's an overwhelming need to update that software in a very consumer friendly way," he said.

West was in Detroit to unveil BlackBerry's new OTA updates, part of the company's Internet of Things platform, at the TU-Automotive Detroit 2015 conference that focuses on the technology behind connected cars. Although BlackBerry has offered automakers the ability to do over the air updates for two years, the software has been overhauled with more features and a better user interface that gives auto makers more flexibility along with enhanced security to those updates.

What BlackBerry's update means for car makers and drivers is that glitches and bugs can be fixed more quickly and more securely. The company says it will cut maintenance costs and reduce the number of expensive recalls.

"What we're trying to do is really change the way that the automotive industry looks at software and ...software updates and provides them the capability to do this over the cellular wireless network or over a WiFi network," said West.

That can mean providing new functions or fixing issues remotely so that drivers wouldn't have to take their vehicles into a mechanic for software issues.

Providing improvements to a car's performance through software updates is still relatively new territory. In January, Tesla CEO Elon Musk caused a stir when he tweeted that the company had performed an OTA update to the company's Model S P85D sedan to improve the car's acceleration.
    06-03-15 04:04 PM
    I can't believe this from the Culturally Boring Corporation, Not negative!!!!

BlackBerry makes it easier to give your car's computer a tune-up

Over-the-air updates means you won't have to go to the dealership for a fix

CBC News Posted: Jun 03, 2015 3:11 PM ET| Last Updated: Jun 03, 2015 3:17 PM ET

BlackBerry makes it easier to give your car's computer a tune-up - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News
    Stock price might've shot up if they were able to name car companies that are subscribing to the service. Or did I miss something?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 04:52 PM
    Stock price might've shot up if they were able to name car companies that are subscribing to the service. Or did I miss something?

Posted via CB10
    Assuming all current clients!
    06-03-15 05:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Think you might be missing something.
    Soumaila Somtore and rarsen like this.
    06-03-15 05:19 PM
    Assuming all current clients!
    Bad assumption since Ford signed with Microsoft.

So despite what we all suspect, confirmed OTA service customer count is:

Microsoft: 1
    BlackBerry: 0

I can't wait until other car companies sign on and allow their names to be mentioned as customers OF BLACKBERRY!

Posted via CB10
    95aero likes this.
    06-03-15 05:31 PM
    Is BlackBerry the best way to play the connected car space? - Cantech Letter

. . . But in the time since, Apple’s offering, CarPlay, has been called “wonky” and has been derided for requiring a physical cable connection.

Google’s Open Automotive Alliance initiative, which is partnered with Audi, GM, and Honda is simply short on details on comes on the heels of a “lukewarm entry” into the TV space with Google TV.

As for Microsoft, in December of last year, Ford said it would be replacing the glitchy Microsoft Auto with BlackBerry’s QNX. The American auto giant joins Porsche, BMW, Saab, Audi and Acura as QNX converts.
    06-03-15 05:44 PM
    Bad assumption since Ford signed with Microsoft.

So despite what we all suspect, confirmed OTA service customer count is:

Microsoft: 1
    BlackBerry: 0

I can't wait until other car companies sign on and allow their names to be mentioned as customers OF BLACKBERRY!

Posted via CB10
    Think again! Microsoft updating QNX? If that's the case then ford will accept all responsibility in regards to problems.

One more thing, you are assuming that you know the details of the contract. Please share with us! For all I know it might only be Microsoft cars and not the QNX cars, or Carplay and Android. I can not see it for QNX.
    06-03-15 05:50 PM
    Think again! Microsoft updating QNX? If that's the case then ford will accept all responsibility in regards to problems.

One more thing, you are assuming that you know the details of the contract. Please share with us! For all I know it might only be Microsoft cars and not the QNX cars, or Carplay and Android. I can not see it for QNX.
    Go back a few months when we had discussions about the Ford launch of the QNX platform. In the press release they specifically said they were using Microsoft's Azure platform for what sounded like non-system critical OTA updates. The press release was followed by Ford CxO interview articles. What they didn't announce was who would do the system critical updates.

As yet. I don't recall seeing any auto OEM announcing a formal tie up with BlackBerry for that service even though we all suspect that is what will happen. So it's a matter of OEMs willing to be named alongside Microsoft, or Apple or Google (for CarPlay and Android auto) but they will downplay name association with QNX (understandable since they want consumers to only think of them, not their supplier) but they seem to avoid being named beside BlackBerry.

In fact yesterday's announcement with Ford saying their Fiesta system will work with Apple, Android AND BlackBerry was a very welcome surprise! First time I ever saw BlackBerry's name thrown out there as being compatible!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 06:19 PM
    Go back a few months when we had discussions about the Ford launch of the QNX platform. In the press release they specifically said they were using Microsoft's Azure platform for what sounded like non-system critical OTA updates. The press release was followed by Ford CxO interview articles. What they didn't announce was who would do the system critical updates.

As yet. I don't recall seeing any auto OEM announcing a formal tie up with BlackBerry for that service even though we all suspect that is what will happen. So it's a matter of OEMs willing to be named alongside Microsoft, or Apple or Google (for CarPlay and Android auto) but they will downplay name association with QNX (understandable since they want consumers to only think of them, not their supplier) but they seem to avoid being named beside BlackBerry.

In fact yesterday's announcement with Ford saying their Fiesta system will work with Apple, Android AND BlackBerry was a very welcome surprise! First time I ever saw BlackBerry's name thrown out there as being compatible!

Posted via CB10
    Those are the exact words I picked up "none critical system". Somebody needs to upgrade Carplay and Android. Who do you think will upgrade QNX software? Secure upgrades comes to mind.

Do you also recall ford had thier own in house.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-03-15 06:36 PM
    Those are the exact words I picked up "none critical system". Somebody needs to upgrade Carplay and Android. Who do you think will upgrade QNX software? Secure upgrades comes to mind.

Do you also recall ford had thier own in house.
    We'll all have to wait until we start seeing what automakers actually do with OTA updates and how they make use of IoT. But, my comment about BlackBerry being allowed to name names of customers or automakers willing to mention the word "BlackBerry" as a supplier/enabler, remains. I long for the day to see that happen.

Ford gets a for actually naming BlackBerry yesterday.
    06-03-15 07:06 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150603_171520.jpg

OT Alert

The graphic our local news used for the new CRTC codes of conduct story they broadcasted.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 07:17 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150603_171520.jpg 
Views:	1227 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	355900

OT Alert

The graphic our local news used for the new CRTC codes of conduct story they broadcasted.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! That is different. Global will be flooded with "hate mail" now. LoL
    spike12, zyben, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    06-03-15 07:42 PM
    We'll all have to wait until we start seeing what automakers actually do with OTA updates and how they make use of IoT. But, my comment about BlackBerry being allowed to name names of customers or automakers willing to mention the word "BlackBerry" as a supplier/enabler, remains. I long for the day to see that happen.

Ford gets a for actually naming BlackBerry yesterday.
    Totally agree with you in regards to wait and see.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 06-03-15 at 08:35 PM.
    06-03-15 08:24 PM
    06-03-15 09:31 PM
    Hi slipstream89 !!

Good of you to realize that HALO is stair-casing its way higher as the weeks go by. I sold out my wife's position in the lower $ 17.00's thinking I could buy back those shares in the low $ 16.00's, bad idea, now, that 50-dma is raising and it is support for the rest of the year. Unless the IBB Index falls back to its 50-dma, HALO will continue to churn higher from here. The good news is that the stock is awesome, it has the best solution for most cancers out there and tons of cash to see it though. For me, the strategy has changed, I will buy back those shares on weakness and sell call options against those shares for a 2 - 3 month period. The premiums are high, we can make returns that place us in the low $ 20.00's which is where the stock is heading anyway. The days of watching the stock fall $ 2.00 are over, it follows the Index on quiet days, and is influenced by the general market too, but it is one where you need to trade the long side and stop thinking it will fill trades inside a sideways channel.

BBRY will have days like HALO when they solve the revenue riddle and start to rally, its coming but boy is it slow to develop. Let's see if we can close positive here and attack that 3-ema tomorrow. GL

OT Alert! - HALO

Absolutely unbelievable news today with the AbbVie collaboration on the Enhanze platform. Worth up to $1.2 billion. HALO's market cap is $2.4billion, and Enhanze isn't HALO's #1 product. PegPH20 is going to become industry standard in many cancer therapies. The potential here is tremendous. Hoping for breakthrough status as many cancer patients truly deserve access to this therapy. This combined with CAR-T / Immunotherapies could be the next big thing in the global fight against cancer.

Morgan, you are the only reason I know about HALO and you discussed before it was even $10. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with the board, we are all indebted to you.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, but you'll see from the "Thanks" and "Likes" that I'm never too far

Cheers all and hats off to you M+8!!!
    06-03-15 10:03 PM
    85,000 posts in this threads

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, zyben, morganplus8 and 12 others like this.
    06-03-15 10:34 PM
    Wow. I'm a newbie but you guys are an amazing source of knowledge and expertise. Thanks everyone for your dedication to sharing The Truth about BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 01:36 AM
    General / Prem Watsa / "Long-term investing"
    Watsa scouts for investments with $1bn kitty - The Times of India

Unlike several investors, Watsa is not looking at e-commerce or the new economy companies and will instead focus on services and brick-and-mortar outfits. "E-commerce continues to have crazy valuations, we are not interested in e-commerce businesses in India... and for the record they won't need our money. They have got tonnes of financial choices. They should take the money from people who want to do that," he told TOI.

Watsa also said that he is looking at companies where the promoters are in for the long term. "We've met a lot of businesses — our objective for businesses is honest management, with a long-term track record, who want to build a company and not to sell a company. I am not looking at putting money to someone who wants to sell in the next three or four years. We want to build it over a long period of time."

The investments will be routed through Fairfax India, a listed entity. In early February, the company, where Fairfax Financial invested around $300 million, raised $700 million from around 10 large institutional investors. "We didn't go for a road show and decided to place the shares predominantly with long term investors. You can't be long term unless your investor base is long term. We at Fairfax Financial are long-term investors. Many of the Fairfax India shareholders are the same shareholders that backed us in the Fairfax Financial — our parent company," Watsa said.
    rarsen, jxnb, morganplus8 and 9 others like this.
    06-04-15 06:38 AM
    Any reason for the quick spike? low volume
    06-04-15 08:59 AM
    OT Alert! - HALO

Absolutely unbelievable news today with the AbbVie collaboration on the Enhanze platform. Worth up to $1.2 billion. HALO's market cap is $2.4billion, and Enhanze isn't HALO's #1 product. PegPH20 is going to become industry standard in many cancer therapies. The potential here is tremendous. Hoping for breakthrough status as many cancer patients truly deserve access to this therapy. This combined with CAR-T / Immunotherapies could be the next big thing in the global fight against cancer.

Morgan, you are the only reason I know about HALO and you discussed before it was even $10. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with the board, we are all indebted to you.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, but you'll see from the "Thanks" and "Likes" that I'm never too far

Cheers all and hats off to you M+8!!!
    Hey fedakd !!

I know you are around and so glad to hear you are making money! I wouldn't normally comment on an off-topic message like this but you did such a good job of summarizing HALO that I felt I would add a couple of more comments to the mix so that everyone is up to date. Their deal with Janssen was potentially worth $ 566 Million with a $ 15 MM up front payment. The payments are getting larger with each deal and so are the potential milestones and, as you so rightly pointed out, this is just Enhanze and not PEG. The second point that I would make is their short position, it was similar to BlackBerry and today it isn't much farther off, at 20 MM shares short, was it the driver for this rally but it is still in the very high 10 MM area now and that is bullish. The best news of all is that they can sign 100 of these deals over the next 2-years!

On a side note, I mentioned recently that I sold my wife out of HALO in the $ 17.00's, I told her about it a couple of days ago and she promptly said that, "no, I sold me out, and she would like me to transfer my shares to her as soon as possible to make up for the error in her account". Looks like she might get her way and now I'm looking for those shares for myself. LOL

The goal here was to get followers to own more than one stock, so that we don't hear from more CB'ers who .... "had everything in BlackBerry and lost". I don't mind waiting for BB's turn to rally knowing I'm doing well with several other stocks. In addition, money from trading HALO allows me to obtain record holdings in BBRY so that's good too. By following the daily ups and downs of HALO, we are getting to see a window into what it will be like when BlackBerry starts to recover, we don't want investors getting out of BBRY just when it starts to follow revenues North of here do we?

Now if only I could get The Kid to start posting pics of his trips to the East again ..........................
    Corbu, W Hoa, bungaboy and 21 others like this.
    06-04-15 09:00 AM
    06-04-15 09:02 AM
    Xiaomi president claims Xiaomi ?will acquire BlackBerry? | BGR

Xiaomi’s president says that his company “will acquire BlackBerry,” although we have a very hard time believing that will actually be the case. G for Games points us to remarks made by Xiaomi president and cofounder Bin Lin in which he flat-out states that Xiaomi will buy BlackBerry. Skeptical of a Google translation of the Xiaomi president’s remarks, G for Games looked at the original text and broke it down word by word and, lo and behold, it seems he really did say that his company would be buying BlackBerry.

Of course, it may just be that Xiaomi has intentions on buying BlackBerry but isn’t close to finalizing anything yet. And frankly, we have a very, very, very hard time believing the governments of North America would ever sign off on such a sale.

After all, BlackBerry still provides critical secure mobile communications services for several western governments — U.S. president Barack Obama, U.K. prime minister David Cameron and German chancellor Angela Merkel, for instance, all still use BlackBerry devices. Rumors from last year indicated that Chinese company Huawei was interested in buying up BlackBerry but officials in both the U.S. and Canada said they would never sign off on such a deal.

Because of this, it’s virtually impossible to see North American governments giving the green light to a BlackBerry-Xiaomi merger, especially since Xiaomi’s reputation for mobile security is even dodgier than Huawei’s is.
    http://www.streetinsider.com/Managem.../10622355.html

Xiaomi's President called talk it may purchase BlackBerry a rumor, according to Bloomberg, citing a Weibo post. "Don't spread rumors," the company's President reportedly said. Comments were made in response to speculation it may buy BlackBerry or HTC.
    06-04-15 09:05 AM
    Okay, before it gets out there through BGR, I want to state to everyone that, yes, I'm going to acquire BlackBerry too, I own more shares than Xiaomi does, about .0002 % of the company and I will continue to buy more shares. There, it is out there. (Now the stock is dropping on my news ........... darn it)
    06-04-15 09:11 AM
113,256 ... 33963397339833993400 ...