View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Not to have another rumour, but I feel Amazon would make a good acquisition company.

The latest OS has the Amazon store installed.

We all know the fire phone failed, so maybe another way into the phone market is with BlackBerry?
    Amazon does have Amazon Web services so to also provide Enterprise type services would make Amazon quite diverse in its portfolio.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 02:21 PM
    Not to have another rumour, but I feel Amazon would make a good acquisition company.

The latest OS has the Amazon store installed.

We all know the fire phone failed, so maybe another way into the phone market is with BlackBerry?
    Amazon does have Amazon Web services so to also provide Enterprise type services would make Amazon quite diverse in its portfolio.

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree, they could issue some shares, pickup BlackBerry and the AMZN stock price wouldn't even drop a buck on the deal. An excellent fit but as we all feel, we want BB to continue as its own brand. Both of these issues could be dealt with, a great fit. A stock swap would have no tax issues so Prem would have to consider it too.
    06-02-15 02:39 PM
    Would love to see it rally to 9.79 for the close.
    06-02-15 02:41 PM
    I hope this time Verizon will git it a go. Can you believe that Verizon is still on os 10.2 so if you don't know how to side load you are missing alot.
    Same thing across the border. In Canada Rogers and bell take forever, but not as bad as Verizon. Hope everyone gets their act together.

Cheers Soumila!
    06-02-15 02:48 PM
    My Sexy Red Passport is updating as I type this!
    You had to make me jealous! What kind of person are you.

Enjoy it and let us know the benefits and cons of the update. I have to wait awhile for my update.

Cheers
    randall2580, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    06-02-15 02:50 PM
    some good news at least for existing BBRY phone users

The phone Americans love best is... (hint: it's not the iPhone) - Jun. 2, 2015

Most surprising, however, was that BlackBerry customer satisfaction increased 5% year-over-year, making it the No. 4 cell phone brand in the United States for 2015.
    not suprising to me...

I would gather that this would be from the last few die hards (who are in the know) and WANT a BB device.

I think people in general "want" to like BB phones.... but have this negative stigma that has been derived from their BB work issued phones, or, are influenced from people they know with BB work issued phones, and, that constantly hear the negative blurbs about work related stuff.

The one thing I have noticed from the majority of those that have a BB from work.... is that they absolutely Hate it.

Just like they Hate their uniforms, the free corporate luncheons, the benefits, the car they have to use.....everything, and anything work related.

You ask them why..... and they don't give a satisfying answer.

They just hate their Work and anything associated with work.

So anything related to their job is going to get negative comments/thoughts/feelings.

Ditching something from "work" gives these people some sort of satisfaction.... even though the product they are ditching is far superior in offerings than what they would choose, it is just the fact that they are getting rid of something "work related" that is satisfying to them.

In some places they already issue non-BB devices..... and IMMEDITATELY people have something negative to say

You hear them say ... "ya, but... it can't do half the sh!t I did with my BB.... what a piece of s!#@... wish I had my BB..."

lol..the irony of it all !
    06-02-15 02:54 PM
    Bell is pushing it today....
    bbjdog, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    06-02-15 03:03 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150602_135400.jpg study materials arrived today!!!

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    06-02-15 03:12 PM
    You had to make me jealous! What kind of person are you.

Enjoy it and let us know the benefits and cons of the update. I have to wait awhile for my update.

Cheers
    The update took a fairly long time to install is the one con, if you want to call it that.

So far so good. I had only been running the most recent official releases and I had noted a bit of screen flicker especially watching embeded videos. So far so good, everything seems much better in that regard.

My first impressions: very smooth. I enabled the new BlackBerry protect features. I had been running the beta for Blend so that's not new for me. No visual differences noted.
    awindsr, zyben and jxnb like this.
    06-02-15 04:03 PM
    The update took a fairly long time to install is the one con, if you want to call it that.

So far so good. I had only been running the most recent official releases and I had noted a bit of screen flicker especially watching embeded videos. So far so good, everything seems much better in that regard.

My first impressions: very smooth. I enabled the new BlackBerry protect features. I had been running the beta for Blend so that's not new for me. No visual differences noted.
    Thanks and keep us updated.

Cheers
    06-02-15 04:15 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

Security breaches a monthly headache for firms, deliberate targeting on the rise, cost of cleaning up doubles | ZDNet

The average large company had 14 security breaches last year - more than one per month - while smaller companies reported a lower level, at just four over a year. "Considering all breaches, there was a noticeable 38 percent year-on-year increase of unauthorised outsider attacks on large organisations, which included activities such as penetration of networks, denial of service, phishing and identity theft," the report noted.
    The study also found the average cost of the worst single breach suffered by the organisations surveyed has gone up sharply. For companies employing over 500 people, the cost of the breach - including business disruption, lost sales, recovery of assets, fines, and compensation - ranged from 3.14m to 1.46m on average. Last year, the range was 1.15m to 600,000. For smaller firms, the range is from 310,800 to 75,200; up from 115,000 to 65,000 for the prior year. Perhaps unsurprisingly, companies of all sizes continue to spend more on IT security: 44 percent of businesses increased their security spending last year, and 46 percent of large businesses expect to do it again this year - while only seven percent of smaller ones said the same.

Even as a young teenager, I was regularly reminded to have good protection I don't understand why Corporations run by adults who are supposed to be smarter than me, continue to be exposed with very poor procedures and protection tools .
    06-02-15 04:27 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150602_135400.jpg 
Views:	2022 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	355681 study materials arrived today!!!

Good luck! Sending positive waves and good vibes.
    06-02-15 04:43 PM
    Thanks Bunga!

bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-15 05:37 PM
    http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000384803

From the author of "that" book on BBRY, but some interesting comments on the future and is actually positive, although incorrectly says the mkt cap is 3B, but basically states that Primecap has reduced the float being long term investors

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    06-02-15 07:34 PM
    Now we are talking. This link was forwarded by a Dodge Fan.
    http://www.computerworld.com/article...is-summer.html

"Other new features in Sync 3 include a more seamless integration of AppLink, which allows BlackBerry, iPhone and Android-based devices to run approved applications using the car's steering wheel buttons, radio or voice commands."

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    06-02-15 07:38 PM
    Nice ! Thanks for posting.

Definitely need to see more headlines and content like these...
    06-02-15 08:11 PM
    Blackberry and Its Agency Discuss Turnaround | BtoB

Edit: apologies if already posted

Last year, smartphone maker BlackBerry launched a rebranding effort to turn around its stumbling brand and recapture b-to-b market share.

Christoph Becker (l.) and Mark Wilson Credit: Kenneth Hein, Gyro
    In a joint presentation last week at BMA15, Mark Wilson, senior VP-marketing at BlackBerry, and Christoph Becker, CEO and chief creative officer at Gyro, BlackBerry's agency, presented a case study on the rebranding effort and the challenges they faced.

"When I joined the company 18 months ago, we were focused on b-to-c and we were losing about $1.2 billion a quarter, which is not really a sustainable strategy," Mr. Wilson said during the presentation. "We've had a dramatic shift in our strategy over the last 18 months."

Working with Gyro, BlackBerry set out to regain the b-to-b smartphone market it once dominated with a campaign around the launch of the BlackBerry Passport, a five-inch square-screen handheld device aimed at business professionals.

The campaign, "Work Wide," launched in September and cast BlackBerry as a serious business tool, offering security, mobility and connectivity through the internet of things. In one video, which showed consumers using handheld devices to play games, competitive smartphones were portrayed as toys, not serious business tools. In the first week of the launch, BlackBerry sold over 200,000 Passport devices.

In the following interview, Mr. Wilson and Mr. Becker discuss what made the rebranding effort successful and what's next for BlackBerry.

Advertising Age: How do you measure progress on your turnaround?

Mr. Wilson: We have a two-year plan for the turnaround, and we have been at this for about year. In terms of measurement, it is all about revenue and margins. Are we creating value for our customers and shareholders? Ultimately, it is all about, 'Do people want our product?' We are realizing that on a quarterly basis, and we have been profitable the last couple of quarters [for its fourth fiscal quarter ended Feb. 28, BlackBerry reported net profit of $28 million, compared with a year-earlier loss of $148 million].

Another measure is the Net Promoter Score. Passport now has the highest NPS in the history of BlackBerry. If you can get a high NPS, it can really work well for your brand.

Ad Age: What made the rebrand successful?

Mr. Wilson: BlackBerry brought in John Chen [executive chairman and CEO], and he brought on a new leadership team [in November 2013]. We had to move insanely fast. All of this happened in months. We were working with a great agency partner and they were up for it. Collaboration had a lot to do with it.

Mr. Becker: There were two factors: Fun and trust. We had so many edits coming out, and we had to turn them around quickly. BlackBerry is a challenger brand, and we are a challenger agency, so it worked well. Who doesn't want to bring back an iconic brand?

Ad Age: What are you top priorities as the turnaround continues?

Mr. Wilson: Security and privacy continue to be a core focus for us, as well as what we're doing with the internet of things, software and services.

Mr. Becker: Our job is to regain pride for BlackBerry inside the company and among its core audience of power professionals.

Ad Age: Which media are you using to tell your story?

Mr. Becker: We want to make the message as relevant as possible to the target audience. So we are using online, mobile, sponsorships, events -- looking at how we can do all this without a huge budget.

Mr. Wilson: When I came on board, we cut our social media budget by 98%, but we have seen our [content] output double since then. One of the things we did was bring on brand journalists to help drive a thought leadership program. This is all about being frugal, and it has worked.

Ad Age: What's next in terms of advertising and marketing?

Mr. Wilson: We will continue to go after the verticals we are in -- health care, financial services, professional services, etc. -- with more executions. We really believe the message 'It's not a toy' is resonating with our audience. We want to continue that momentum in the marketplace.

Mr. Becker: There is nothing better than being seriously productive in your job, and only BlackBerry was born to deliver that. The goal is to continue to deliver and dial up that message on a global basis.

Blackberry and Its Agency Discuss Turnaround | BtoB - Advertising Age

http://adage.com/article/btob/blackb...around/298853/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by awindsr; 06-02-15 at 09:19 PM.
    06-02-15 09:08 PM
    Hi slipstream89 !!

Nothing to add here guys, was just peeking in and the thought came to me how much of a nuisance clearing 'thanks' and 'likes' that M8 must constantly face. A sort of virtual whack-a-mole.
    Anyways, I added another for Morgan to deal with.

[Morgan's typical Saturday morning]: "What!? Another 1000 thanks!? Good-grief! Honey! Cancel Dim-Sum!"

BTW: we are clamoring for the newest software, incl. Blend.
    Here is a good explanation of what's landing:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/two-rea...tag=YHFb1d24ec
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 06-02-15 at 10:31 PM.
    06-02-15 09:26 PM
    More info on that Navy thing:
    Acting CIO: Navy making strides in commercial IT adoption

The Navy also is working on an effort through the Navy Program Executive Officer for Enterprise Information Systems that will upgrade mobile device capabilities on the Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) contract. So far, servers that are capable of handling devices such as iPhones and iPads are installed and being evaluated at four unspecified sites, with more expected to come online.

The initial evaluation was limited to a maximum of 2,000 new smart phone users, but Zangardi wrote that he soon anticipates that number to grow significantly.

"The goal is to transition all NGEN Blackberry users to the new smartphones by the end of the calendar year," he wrote.
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    06-02-15 11:35 PM
    OT:
    Mayo Clinic CISO Says Health-Care Data Harder to Protect Than Financial Information - The CIO Report - WSJ

Mayo Clinic CISO Jim Nelms, who previously spent 14 years at The World Bank securing financial information in war-ravaged countries and regions devastated by natural disasters, says protecting health-care information is far more difficult. “Medicine is 10 to 15 years behind in IT practices than other industries,” he said.

To hunt for nascent problems, Mayo Clinic has created a “threat intelligence group” within security. The group’s founder recently quit for a vendor job, illustrating one of the tougher CISO challenges: keeping good people. CIO Journal talked with Mr. Nelms about what makes health-care vulnerable and why cybercriminals win.

Why is protecting health-care data harder than financial data?
    Financial systems are very much more predictable. And now there’s Internet of Things. It’s not the Internet that’s the problem. It’s the things. One-third to 40% of technology in a hospital is medical devices. They are special-purpose computers that do something to your body. That puts patients at risk, not just the corporate money. The World Bank moved $1.2 trillion a year to other countries. It was critical politically or financially, but at no time did anybody die. The stakes are higher.

What else?
    Also, medicine is social. Doctors share information. Practices and hospitals share information. You don’t find that in banks because information is a competitive edge for them. But in health care, there is a higher probability of loss or exposure of information through the human factor than in other industries.

You view security as a combination of physical and digital. Why?
    Prior to 9-11, people didn’t attack hospitals. Now they shoot the ambulance. There are no rules, no morals. The very people who are working to keep hackers alive are being attacked. At Mayo Clinic, we have the hospital but also power plants and offices and financial systems and an airport.

A recent survey of board directors by the NYSE and security vendor Veracode says boards are holding more executives accountable for security problems. What do Mayo Clinic’s directors want to know?
    Every quarter, I produce a report on risks and exposures we face and where we are in terms of dealing with those from a technology and a business perspective. The question I get most is, “Can this happen to us” when they see something happen to a well-known company. I calibrate the answer on probability and our ability to defend ourselves. We have a fairly robust threat intelligence group that stays ahead of this on the prevention side. Mayo has taken this very seriously in terms of patients and our brand. People expect that you’re taking care of them and their information.

Companies fight over good security people. MasterCard is suing Nike for allegedly poaching information security staff. Is that a problem for you?
    It’s extremely hard. It’s become quite a transient population because some companies can pay more. There’s a plethora of issues and a dearth of people to solve them, especially at the higher levels. A CISO needs to read a balance sheet as well as they do a penetration report.

Why are cyber criminals always ahead?
    Exploitation is at an all-time high. During the time of this call, we have had several hundred attempts if it’s a typical day. Security is interrupt-driven. That means yesterday we might have been in the 90th percentile in defeating things across the wire. But if something comes up today, we could be in the 40th percentile. Everything we’ve done before doesn’t matter when you have a new threat.

Do you see any new technologies that look promising?
    Unfortunately, I do not. We were just at several conferences recently to get a broad brush look. There are ideas in infancy but nothing ready. For the next period of time — I don’t know how long — we are going to have to craft and use things that are going to be marginally successful. Information security in the last few years has changed from stopping things from happening to creating regular, positive change in the reduction of risk.
    06-02-15 11:43 PM
    OT from Bloomberg

Samsung Delays Planned Start of New Smartphone Payments Service

By Jungah Lee - Jun 2, 2015 10:37:59 PM
    Samsung Electronics Co. delayed the start of its new payments service, hindering its ability to gain ground on a competing service from Apple Inc.

Samsung Pay will kick off services in the U.S. and South Korea from September when the company unveils its next high-end device, executive vice president Rhee In Jong told an investor call Wednesday. The company had previously predicted it would start as soon as July.

Google Inc., Apple and PayPal are among companies seeking to capture a piece of the mobile-payment market, as customer seek to use their smartphones to buy coffee, clothing and food in retail outlets and restaurants. The market will top $142 billion by 2019, up from $67 billion this year, according to Forrester Research Inc.

We are targeting September timeframe, Rhee said. After starting in Korea and the U.S., Samsung will expand to other markets, including Europe, China, Australia and South America, he said.

Samsung announced its new payments service in March, unveiling the feature as part of its new high-end Galaxy S6 smartphone range. Samsung partnered with companies including MasterCard Inc. and Visa Inc. on the new service, which is to be compatible with 90 percent of card readers, the company said at the time.

Samsung bought LoopPay Inc. in February to help it develop technology for mobile payments. LoopPay makes it easier for retailers to accept payments via smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    06-03-15 02:48 AM
    OT: HALO

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/halozy...123000973.html

Huge News this morning on HALO. Shares up sharply in pre-market trading. A thousand times thank you to Morgan for advising us to hold onto this stock. What a great company to follow with so much potential. Let's hope BBRY follows suit one of these days.

SAN DIEGO, June 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (HALO) today announced a global collaboration and license agreement with AbbVie (ABBV) to develop and commercialize products combining proprietary AbbVie compounds with Halozyme's ENHANZE platform.

Under the terms of the agreement, Halozyme will receive an initial $23 million payment, followed by milestone payments totaling approximately $130 million for each of up to nine collaboration targets. These payments are subject to AbbVie's achievement of specified development, regulatory and sales-based milestones. In addition, AbbVie will pay Halozyme tiered royalties if products under the collaboration are commercialized.
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 13 others like this.
    06-03-15 08:44 AM
    OT from Bloomberg

Samsung Delays Planned Start of New Smartphone Payments Service

By Jungah Lee - Jun 2, 2015 10:37:59 PM
    Samsung Electronics Co. delayed the start of its new payments service, hindering its ability to gain ground on a competing service from Apple Inc.

Samsung Pay will kick off services in the U.S. and South Korea from September when the company unveils its next high-end device, executive vice president Rhee In Jong told an investor call Wednesday. The company had previously predicted it would start as soon as July.

Google Inc., Apple and PayPal are among companies seeking to capture a piece of the mobile-payment market, as customer seek to use their smartphones to buy coffee, clothing and food in retail outlets and restaurants. The market will top $142 billion by 2019, up from $67 billion this year, according to Forrester Research Inc.

“We are targeting September timeframe,” Rhee said. After starting in Korea and the U.S., Samsung will expand to other markets, including Europe, China, Australia and South America, he said.

Samsung announced its new payments service in March, unveiling the feature as part of its new high-end Galaxy S6 smartphone range. Samsung partnered with companies including MasterCard Inc. and Visa Inc. on the new service, which is to be compatible with 90 percent of card readers, the company said at the time.

Samsung bought LoopPay Inc. in February to help it develop technology for mobile payments. LoopPay makes it easier for retailers to accept payments via smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    Would be awesome if they somehow also partnered with BBRY for payment processing data transmission security....
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    06-03-15 08:54 AM
    06-03-15 09:07 AM
    More reading material

QNX and Certicom Unite Security Expertise in Automotive (ccnm)

DETROIT, MICHIGAN--(Marketwired - June 3, 2015) - TU-Automotive Detroit 2015, Booth C92 - QNX Software Systems and Certicom Corp., subsidiaries of BlackBerry Limited, are working jointly to bring strong cryptography and entity authentication to the automotive industry. QNX Software Systems is an established leader in automotive infotainment and telematics, with OS and middleware technology deployed in more than 50 million vehicles. Certicom is an applied cryptography and key management specialist enabling end-to-end security for smart, connected devices. Through their partnership, the two divisions will provide a comprehensive security framework for automakers and automotive tier one suppliers, with pre-integrations that simplify the manufacture and deployment of secure, connected vehicles.

In-vehicle electronics are becoming increasingly vulnerable to cyber-attack, and attack surfaces continue to grow with the use of telematics systems, Wi-Fi hotspots, apps, and brought-in devices. Cryptography protects not only vehicle software, but also electronic components, by ensuring that messages between components come from authentic devices and have not been tampered with.

Certicom's security solutions for vehicles include portable cryptography toolkits, a managed certificate service to manage device identity, and the Certicom Asset Management System (AMS), which provides secure key distribution during the manufacturing process. Customers can use Certicom technology to provision a component with a secure key at the time of manufacture, then manage electronic subsystem keys throughout the vehicle's lifespan to secure module communications and to ensure that air bags, brake control modules, and other safety-critical components are not counterfeited, but manufactured by trusted OEM suppliers.

"QNX Software Systems and Certicom have collaborated successfully to secure high-volume telematics systems and now, we are bringing our combined expertise to a wider range of customers who are building on-board electronic devices, including those that run other operating systems," said Jim Alfred, vice president, BlackBerry Technology Solutions, Certicom. "Using our capabilities in concert provides manufacturers with a security framework they can leverage across the entire vehicle. Connected cars require faster development cycles, with security that is designed in from the start - not added as an afterthought. Our products offer a proven platform for achieving this."

"Our collaboration with Certicom addresses a critical need for security expressed by automakers and their suppliers, particularly as vehicles become more connected and autonomous," said Andrew Poliak, director of business development, QNX Software Systems. "The government-approved, multi-platform security of Certicom's technologies complements the inherent security capabilities of QNX OS technology, which include a highly resilient microkernel architecture and fine-grained control of system privilege levels. Together, we are working to enable the comprehensive security needed for the reliable operation and mass adoption of the connected car."

This week, at TU-Automotive Detroit 2015, QNX Software Systems will showcase its automotive solutions for infotainment systems, digital instrument clusters, and advanced driving assistance systems (ADAS), as well as BlackBerry's latest over-the-air (OTA) software update technology. Visit booth C92.
    06-03-15 09:14 AM
107,439 ... 33943395339633973398 ...