Voters
1107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.60%
  • No

414 37.40%
    OT: Windows Phones now update OTA

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...its-own-hands/

Strong believer that BlackBerry needs to start updating direct to customers as well. Will reduce fragmentation and client frustration (as BlackBerry can fix problems faster without need for carrier testing).

After a 'long' thinking about that argument, I believe it is better to get through the carriers because of the different radio files (which suits better?) and versions that there are for every device...

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 11:46 AM
    Ah ha ha

Good to know Chen is willing to humour us to gain customers.

Attachment 352963

Posted via CB10
    Awesome! BlackBerry made the BlueBerry again: haven't seen one since the 7290! I had hoped the Passport would come in this but this will do just fine.

Also OT, but fun as well. I just joined this channel to post this... pure geek fun in a hot minute.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-funnys-new-tech.jpeg

Step 1- grab an iPad
    Step 2- splat said spider

That's it, see Apple technology is good for something. *ROTFL*

^ live it!!

Posted by BlackBerry accept no compromise!
    zyben, CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-16-15 12:45 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Funnys - New Tech.jpeg 
Views:	1755 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	353147

Posted by BlackBerry accept no compromise!
    05-16-15 12:54 PM
    BlackBerry's F1 marketing dollars being stretched courtesy of Mercedes-Benz. Been seeing this "The Best or Nothing" commercial on NBC's national broadcast of the NHL playoffs.

CB won't allow me to embed the video:

Mercedes-Benz TV Commercial, 'Formula 1 Team' - iSpot.tv
    Last edited by zyben; 05-16-15 at 04:10 PM.
    05-16-15 03:47 PM
    Ah ha ha

Good to know Chen is willing to humour us to gain customers.

Attachment 352963

Posted via CB10
    Haha so dorky over top his dress shirt, lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 07:04 PM
    Haha so dorky over top his dress shirt, lol.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't want that T touching my unprotected skin either!
    Corbu, zyben, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    05-16-15 07:06 PM
    OT: Security related

(Credit to OP, thanks)

Facebook can track you even if you’re not registered, says Belgian data protection watchdog

Global Hacking News: Facebook can track you even if you?re not registered,says Belgian data protection watchdog

A Belgian privacy watchdog says that Facebook is flouting European privacy laws by tracking people without their consent, including those who have not even registered with the social networking site.

The Belgian Privacy Protection Commission (CPVP/CBPL) launched the scathing attack after carrying out an investigation into the US tech giant’s practices. Preliminary recommendations were published on Friday.

Facebook would not explain in detail how it uses the data it collects from individuals online and there are also problems with plug-ins, some of which can affect people who don’t even have a Facebook account, the commission said. One of the plug-ins under scrutiny was the ‘Like’ button.

The social network, the commission noted, has the power to link the browsing habits of internet users to their interactions on the net and other personal data including medical information, and sexual or religious and political preferences.

“Facebook tramples on European and Belgian privacy laws. Facebook has shown itself particularly miserly in giving precise answers,” said the data protection authority.

It is “make or break time” for Facebook, the CBPL said, concluding that the giant treats the privacy of its users “without respect.”

As a recommendation, the commission now insists that Facebook gets explicit consent from users and that its current measures are insufficient and not exempt under EU law.EU privacy laws state that prior consent must be obtained before performing tracking unless it is necessary either to connect to the service or deliver something specifically requested by the user.

The watchdog also said that Facebook should only track users when they are logged in and not when logged out, and that the social network must use cookies that expire after a certain period of time.

Users were also advised to install privacy software such as Ghostery or Disconnect browser extensions.

In response, Facebook questioned the authority of the Belgian watchdog and said it was already regulated by Irish law, the site of its European headquarters.

"Facebook is already regulated in Europe and complies with European data protection law, so the applicability of the CBPL's efforts are [sic] unclear," said a spokeswoman for the company.

Ireland has come under fire from other EU states for its lax laws on data protection and corporate taxation designed to attract big multi-national companies.

Although the Belgian data protection watchdog doesn’t have the power to fine Facebook it can initiate lawsuits if breaches in the law are found.

The comments of the Belgian commission come at a time of growing mistrust in Europe over the practices of US technology companies and what they do with their users’ data.

Facebook is also being investigated by the Dutch data protection agency and a pan European data protection working party under Article 29 of the European Commission, which may result in the establishment of an EU-wide data regulator.

Some in the EU believe that US technology firms are too dominant, discourage European start-ups and jeopardize privacy laws, while in the US some reckon Europe is throwing up protectionist barriers to successful US technology companies.
    Corbu, morganplus8, jxnb and 12 others like this.
    05-16-15 07:58 PM
    Apologies if this was already posted but something VERY interesting - considering this is Steve Jobs alma mater (I'm not from the USA, please forgive the horrible spelling and reference).

Stanford Sells Apple as Endowment Reduces U.S. Equity Holdings

Aha! Something is a-foot! LMAO.
    Steve Jobs never went to Stanford.

He held no degrees whatsoever.
    05-17-15 01:22 AM
    +OT+
    Get your jerseys on boys:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-canada-1040x572.jpg

GO CANADA!!!
    Find your local viewing times here: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/w...ada-vs-russia/

Classically Posted.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 05-17-15 at 08:49 AM.
    05-17-15 08:16 AM
    Steve Jobs never went to Stanford.

He held no degrees whatsoever.
    I thought he held an honorary PhD degree from Stanford?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, zyben and sidhuk like this.
    05-17-15 09:31 AM
    I thought he held an honorary PhD degree from Stanford?

Posted via CB10
    I thought I read somewhere that he was a gay bowling alley manager at one time?

Edit:

I can't remember. It might have been Tim Cook. It was in Brunswick Times.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 05-17-15 at 10:12 AM.
    Jahcure, zyben, lcjr and 3 others like this.
    05-17-15 09:39 AM
    Holy crap! Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha!

Posted via Passport
    05-17-15 10:43 AM
    Holy crap! Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha!

Posted via Passport
    Fermented cabbage?
    sidhuk, La Emperor, gg22 and 1 others like this.
    05-17-15 11:59 AM
    I thought I read somewhere that he was a gay bowling alley manager at one time?

Edit:

I can't remember. It might have been Tim Cook. It was in Brunswick Times.
    That's so strange! I was, myself, at one time, a gay bowling alley manager! haha.

Good show.

Jobs may have held an honorary degree, sure. They gave him one so he could wear cap and gown when he spoke at a graduation.
    But he was only ever a student for a brief period in Oregon. Not Stanford. And he dropped out without earning a degree.
    jxnb and CDM76 like this.
    05-17-15 12:20 PM
    Had he stayed and completed his degree, guaranteed no iphone. Degrees are for tunnel vision in most cases. Most jobs require tunnel vision for sure.

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    La Emperor, lcjr, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    05-17-15 12:50 PM
    That's so strange! I was, myself, at one time, a gay bowling alley manager! haha.

Good show.

Jobs may have held an honorary degree, sure. They gave him one so he could wear cap and gown when he spoke at a graduation.
    But he was only ever a student for a brief period in Oregon. Not Stanford. And he dropped out without earning a degree.
    Sure, we all knew that. But you said that 'he held no degree what so ever', which was not true.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, La Emperor, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    05-17-15 01:19 PM
    Had he stayed and completed his degree, guaranteed no iphone. Degrees are for tunnel vision in most cases. Most jobs require tunnel vision for sure.

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    The reason most government jobs require a degree.....

Posted via CB10
    TimJohnSmith and sidhuk like this.
    05-17-15 02:15 PM
    I think that studying for a degree provides one with indepth knowledge on a certain subject. So, if that's all one knows, then that would constitute a tunnel vision. But if one comes in with some depth on a broad range of subjects, getting a degree wouldn't narrow the view, but would add more depth in the subject of study. Just my penny.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 02:45 PM
    I think that studying for a degree provides one with indepth knowledge on a certain subject. So, if that's all one knows, then that would constitute a tunnel vision. But if one comes in with some depth on a broad range of subjects, getting a degree wouldn't narrow the view, but would add more depth in the subject of study. Just my penny.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, I only had enough time to get a diploma and 2 degrees. Guess I am real tunnel visioned!
    05-17-15 04:30 PM
    Sadly, I only had enough time to get a diploma and 2 degrees. Guess I am real tunnel visioned!
    That's better than me. I spent 15 in university studying one subject.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    05-17-15 05:30 PM
    I'll take GOLD....well done Canada

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-facebook-20150517-165617.png

Classically Posted.
    q649, 3MIKE, theRock1975 and 13 others like this.
    05-17-15 05:56 PM
    That's better than me. I spent 15 in university studying one subject.

Posted via CB10
    Pffft..... I staid at a Holiday Inn Express last night....

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    05-17-15 07:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Most engineers leaves with the ability to learn anything. That's what the 4 years really provides.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    05-17-15 09:19 PM
    Sure, we all knew that. But you said that 'he held no degree what so ever', which was not true.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough. But an honorary degree, I think, hardly makes Stanford his alma mater.
    05-18-15 12:27 AM
    OT: Security Related

Security 'Living In Dark Ages,' Other Thoughts On RSA Conference CYBR PANW - Investors.com

Great article. This security thing is catching on. I'm waiting for something to progress with this M&A talk to lead our brilliant analyst to come out and say BlackBerry has DEEP VALUE in this arena. I leave you with that thought for the week.
    jxnb, sidhuk, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    05-18-15 07:21 AM
106,461 ... 33683369337033713372 ...