View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It is clear that for the consumer side of bbm the pricing model is wrong. It should be a one time fee ($1 for example) for custom pin ,... and $1/ year subscription for ads free including timed message. There is the bbm shop for extra revenue with stickers or other things. The point here is to get volume (in user base) to stay relevant in IM market.
    The entreprise side is a different model so paying a monthly fee for bbm meeting or bbm protect is OK for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 08:07 AM
    Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Atmel, BlackBerry, Cisco, Ctrip.com, CarMax, AOL and More - Atmel Corp (NASDAQ:ATML) - 24/7 Wall St.

BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ: BBRY) had more buyout rumors around it this week, all of which have proven to be misguided. Cowen maintained its Market Perform rating but raised the price target to $11 from $10 (versus a $10.26 close).
    05-14-15 08:15 AM
    BBRY upgraded to $11.00 at Cowen.

Corbu Assistant can you get it from BenzigPro?

Thanks mate and cheers
    bungaboy, Corbu, zyben and 3 others like this.
    05-14-15 09:08 AM
    ... Could it be starting?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-bear.png

FYI

Attachment 352832
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 05-14-15 at 09:30 AM.
    05-14-15 09:20 AM
    BBRY upgraded to $11.00 at Cowen.

Corbu Assistant can you get it from BenzigPro?

Thanks mate and cheers

No, unfortunately. This is what I found on their regular site:

In a report published Thursday, Cowen and Company analysts maintained a Market Perform rating on BlackBerry Ltd., while raising the price target from $10 to $11 after investor meetings with company CFO James Yersh.

Blackberry's ongoing transition from being a hardware-centric OEM to an organization that is software-centric, cross platform enterprise mobility and security player is expected to prove fruitful over the long-term.

In the report and Company noted, "…the company's financial stability is providing management with greater flexibility around potential acquisitions that could advance its core security and/or IoT strategies - both in F2016 and longer-term. Relative to IoT, we believe the company is executing to a compelling strategy and vision that if successful could become a substantial long-term revenue driver as the market blossoms."

BlackBerry holds a leading position in IoT and is poised to leverage its global APN footprint. The company's future software revenues are likely to be driven by its technology licensing efforts.

"Management is still evaluating the best paths to a responsible licensing program, but believes both inbound and outbound opportunities can contribute to its $600MM Software target in FH2:16," the analysts added.

The company's hardware portfolio is in transition with newer devices like Passport, Classic and Leap taking the place of legacy products. "We expect the multi-quarter transition to fewer units/higher ASPs can fuel a similar Y/Y revenue contribution through the first three quarters of F2016, with the recent launch of T-Mobile an incremental positive for FQ2:16," the analysts wrote.
    05-14-15 09:39 AM
    05-14-15 09:39 AM
    OT: Why I got rid of my Apple Watch in less than a week

Why I got rid of my Apple Watch in less than a week - The Globe and Mail
    Good find

#BBFactCheck
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-15 09:43 AM
    OT for the Related Technologies and Security files:

Thieves can easily reset a stolen Apple Watch | ZDNet

Tesla resolves driverless car liability argument with one tweak | ZDNet
    A small tweak with big implications. By passing on control of such maneuvers to the driver, once the move is activated responsibility also shifts from car system to driver -- as pressing the button signals intent. When responsibility moves, so does liability -- and so if the car is involved in a collision, driver intent and engagement can be proven. This, in turn, can help companies such as Tesla avoid regulatory problems and potential future court cases.
    sidhuk, Corbu, zyben and 9 others like this.
    05-14-15 09:46 AM

No, unfortunately. This is what I found on their regular site:
    Your the best!
    Superfly_FR and Corbu like this.
    05-14-15 09:49 AM
    OT Alert: Not Apple bashing (I use an iPad almost daily) but the watch thing is just plain silly...a completely unnecessary bit of tech trying to find a reason to exist. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong but the bottom line is that good technology simplifies our lives...the watch just makes it more complex (another device to charge, manage, not lose) and less flexible (need for an iPhone on your body too) ...I see many of them relegated to the dresser drawer within a few weeks of use...

Posted via CB10
    zyben, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 10 others like this.
    05-14-15 09:52 AM
    05-14-15 10:45 AM
    OT Alert: Not Apple bashing (I use an iPad almost daily) but the watch thing is just plain silly...a completely unnecessary bit of tech trying to find a reason to exist. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong but the bottom line is that good technology simplifies our lives...the watch just makes it more complex (another device to charge, manage, not lose) and less flexible (need for an iPhone on your body too) ...I see many of them relegated to the dresser drawer within a few weeks of use...

Posted via CB10
    Let me add that its not just the apple watch. This is my opinion for all smart watches atm
    05-14-15 10:47 AM
    Another OT regarding Security files with a light and funny video from a Dutch insurance company. They make a mock out of IoT using an Apple IoT launch conference -- Enjoy

05-14-15 11:19 AM
    Sorry OT
    Happy day gang
    General Sherman (biggest living thing on hearth) from my Z30 crappy camera.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150508_094430.jpg
    05-14-15 11:48 AM
    "What's on my BlackBerry Passport?" Not sure if you guys have seen this. Great ideas. Still lovin the deadpan humor.
    rarsen, sidhuk, bungaboy and 8 others like this.
    05-14-15 11:54 AM
    I don't know if it's correct, but this article (in Spanish) say that with virtual sim, we could get as much as 9 numbers by blackberry phone!

http://computerhoy.com/noticias/movi...os-movil-28219

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 11:59 AM
    I don't know if it's correct, but this article (in Spanish) say that with virtual sim, we could get as much as 9 numbers by blackberry phone!

SIM virtual de BlackBerry permitir� hasta 9 n�meros de m�vil - ComputerHoy.com
    I believe it is correct. The same information has been relayed several times recently, mostly in articles published in India:
    BlackBerry woos India with 9-in-1 virtual SIM card
    http://articles.economictimes.indiat...rprise-service
    http://ibnlive.in.com/news/9-mobile-...544406-11.html

From Movirtu's Website:
    Movirtu
    Movirtu
    05-14-15 12:16 PM
    OT

Oregon coast, still from my Z30 crappy camera. sorry not as brave as Superfly to show toes.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150506_122241.jpg
    05-14-15 12:34 PM
    I believe it is correct. The same information has been relayed several times recently, mostly in articles published in India:
    BlackBerry woos India with 9-in-1 virtual SIM card
    http://articles.economictimes.indiat...rprise-service
    http://ibnlive.in.com/news/9-mobile-...544406-11.html

From Movirtu's Website:
    Movirtu
    Movirtu
    Now, once they roll that out, if they can then work on multiple BES accounts on one phone, that would be great.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 01:00 PM
    OT: Security related.

Thousands of CRA employees fell for fake phishing e-mail test

Thousands of CRA employees fell for fake phishing e-mail test - The Globe and Mail
    05-14-15 02:52 PM
    Apologies if this was already posted but something VERY interesting - considering this is Steve Jobs alma mater (I'm not from the USA, please forgive the horrible spelling and reference).

Stanford Sells Apple as Endowment Reduces U.S. Equity Holdings

Stanford University’s endowment liquidated its stake in Apple Inc. in the first three months of 2015 as it trimmed holdings of U.S. equities.

The endowment sold Apple shares worth $174.5 million at the end of last year, according to a regulatory filing. The fund’s publicly disclosed U.S. stock holdings dropped by $250.4 million to $101.2 million at the end of March, as it also exited stakes in Cobalt International Energy Inc. and Bank of America Corp.

The vast portion of the fund, valued at $21.4 billion as of August, is handled by external managers who may be invested in equities.

Stanford revealed the filings in a Form 13F Tuesday. Money managers who oversee more than $100 million in equities in the U.S. must file the form within 45 days of each quarter’s end to list those stocks as well as options and convertible bonds. The filings don’t show non-U.S. securities, holdings that aren’t publicly traded, or cash.

Lisa Lapin, a spokeswoman for Stanford, declined to comment on investment strategy.
    Aha! Something is a-foot! LMAO.
    sidhuk and zyben like this.
    05-14-15 04:47 PM
    Another OT regarding Security files with a light and funny video from a Dutch insurance company. They make a mock out of IoT using an Apple IoT launch conference -- Enjoy

Freaking funny !! I love this !! I know just the right person to send the video ! Lol can't wait for the reply.
    05-14-15 05:10 PM
    Another terrible picture taken from my Passport

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150514_110600.jpg

My apple watch.
    05-14-15 05:36 PM
    OT:

Today is Day 1 of the Mille Miglia 2015.

To celebrate the 60th anniversary of the 1955 edition of this incredible auto race, please allow me to post this on the impeccable Sir Stirling Moss and his Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR #722...

This race was won by Mercedes-Benz factory driver Stirling Moss with the aid of his navigator Denis Jenkinson. They completed the 992-mile distance in 10 hours, 7 minutes and 48 seconds- an average speed of 99 mph (160 km/h). The two Englishmen finished 32 minutes in front of their second-placed teammate, Argentine Juan Manuel Fangio.
    1955 Mille Miglia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Somehow, it complements my other OT from this morning, as it celebrates another form of remarkable human endeavour.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Corbu; 05-14-15 at 07:44 PM.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    05-14-15 05:58 PM
    05-14-15 06:03 PM
113,256 ... 33653366336733683369 ...