View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hmmm, still looks like a photoshop job to me (doesn't mean it is). The date (wed Apr 22nd) on the calendar icon is correct. What's that "10" icon?
    Addicts � BlackBerry 10 (French fan site) logo:
    Addicts � Blackberry 10

Probably a mockup with an image taken from that site since there are other French icons, ie "Calendrier", "Horloge", "Calculatrice", etc.
    bungaboy, rarsen and zyben like this.
    04-27-15 10:18 AM
    From the article in Phone Arena.

"The BlackBerry Slider/Venice is top-shelf all the way from the 5.1-inch 1440 x 2560 (QHD) resolution screen, to the octa-core CPU. A 3650mAh battery keeps the lights on, and the phone would offer a 16MP rear-facing camera along with a 5MP front-facing snapper. This handset could make a debut this coming fall."
    Or in other words, a pimped-out S6 Edge. Lol.
    (taking the BlackBerry extras into consideration).

BTW - I have never liked Samsung phones for various reasons, but I do like the Edge. Good build quality, and better screen color temp.
    Seems that the market is really excited about it too. If it ends up propping Samsung back up, you can bet that the BlackBerry 'version' will shadow it.
    I consider the Edge as free advertising for our 'Slider'.
    awindsr, bungaboy, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    04-27-15 10:21 AM
    Pretty weak and the marketing resource who made that mistake should be fired.

But at the same time bad grammar does not take away from the device or security, but it can make one question the competence of the company based on its hiring of resources.
    That is certainly true.
    I find that happens mostly if you already have a negative or hateful perception in the first place. There is always someone looking to kick the ladder out from underneath you and cast doubt for sure.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 10:38 AM
    so its no longer a qwerty keyboard?
    Looks like the AZ got swapped with the QW. Is that a typical format in specific countries?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 10:44 AM
    BBRY is looking normal today, not much going on as usual. I am excited about the white Classic, great looking phone!

OT HALO:

I sold at $17.25 this AM so I'm pretty satisfied. Probably won't go in again unless it dips back to $13-$14 range.

Hope some others got in on the gains today!

Big shoutout and thank you to the one and only Morgan+8 for his incredible knowledge, assistance and education for us unexperienced. I really appreciate it and know others do as well.

If you're ever in the Midwest USA, let me know, beers on me!
    04-27-15 11:32 AM
    04-27-15 12:28 PM
    BBRY is looking normal today, not much going on as usual. I am excited about the white Classic, great looking phone!

OT HALO:

I sold at $17.25 this AM so I'm pretty satisfied. Probably won't go in again unless it dips back to $13-$14 range.

Hope some others got in on the gains today!

Big shoutout and thank you to the one and only Morgan+8 for his incredible knowledge, assistance and education for us unexperienced. I really appreciate it and know others do as well.

If you're ever in the Midwest USA, let me know, beers on me!
    +1

First, how dare you get a better price than my $16.90 sell!

OT: The entire biotech sector is getting hit hard today, IBB is down ~3.77%. PSDV is getting down near the $4 mark, which is where I was looking to buy a small block... but I'll probably wait until tomorrow to see if the down trend continues. It's nice to see that PSDV actually dropped less than the IBB today...

More OT: MOBL is down hard again today after the dead cat bounce on Thursday/Friday.

Finally on topic, if no new news comes out on BB between now and $11, I'll likely sell some at that point and wait and see if we trend back down to the $9 range.
    04-27-15 12:35 PM
    WOOT-WOOT!

Sounds like Master Chen has indeed been influenced by our thread:
    (Something's brewing).

Shout out to JC; whatever name you go by here. Lol.
    04-27-15 12:37 PM
    Interesting how we're stuck and bottomed out at $10.19 all afternoon. Someone buying a bunch at 10.19?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:30 PM
    OT?
    Probably not!!!

"According to the press release, the Company's gross billings for the quarter are expected to be in the range of $35.5-$37 million. The Company had guided for $40-$42 million in gross billings. Likewise, the Company expects its revenue to be between $32-$33 million, as opposed to the previously-guided $34-$37 million. MobileIron stock fell approximately 25% on this news.

Our investigation concerns whether the Company board of directors has breached its fiduciary duties to shareholders, grossly mismanaged the Company, and/or committed abuses of control in connection with the foregoing."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/harwoo...173900779.html
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mobl.jpg
    04-27-15 01:39 PM
    WOOT-WOOT!

(Something's brewing).

Official Google app store / Google services

#BBFactCheck
    04-27-15 01:43 PM
    WOOT-WOOT!

(Something's brewing).

When Sullivan asked Chen if the company has something �big� in the works, regarding handsets, Chen replied, �Something brewing, yeah, I�m working on something. We�re working a lot on enterprise apps. As with healthcare. I think there�s a new generation of apps coming.�
    BlackBerry CEO Chen: Solving the Achilles Heel of Apps, Something Brewing in Devices - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    lech31, morganplus8, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    04-27-15 01:49 PM
    When I heard the interview, to me, it sounded like - JC was cornered - what do you've to say to viewers to come back to BlackBerry? And he didn't have one thing to say. He could have said something like ' if you value, privacy, security, top class productivity, come to BlackBerry, it's not your grand dad's BlackBerry anymore'. But he didn't really have a coherent 10 second elevator-pitch kind of an answer.

Sure, he touched on security, privacy but not as a sales pitch to viewers. It was very vague.

Second, 'something is brewing' - those words were put in JC's mouth by the host himself. So, I won't read too much into it.

That said, my ex-colleague at BlackBerry also said - some surprise features to come along w Slider launch. Didn't say what features or when Slider would launch.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:58 PM
    How BlackBerry plans to win your heart again

This is the part I like.

"It's really about creating the next cool phones, so to speak. It will evolve. There are opportunities to regain the market share."

[...]

"[I] think there's a new generation of apps coming. That's an important thing. You don't want to just kind of play in the old game. You got to get ahead. And we're working that."
    morganplus8, W Hoa, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    04-27-15 01:59 PM
    Really liking the posts today gang!

We have a bunch of "TA" expert people here, talking about BBRY holding $ 10.18/shr or just above its 200-dma at $ 10.14/shr, ..... relative strength is excellent. Good foresight there.

Then there is the IBB Index pulling Biotech stocks down, right now it is so close to breaking below its 50-dma and that will pull the sector down. Last week we all bailed from HALO because it was over-bought in the very short term, some of you waited until literally the last second to sell your positions, nice!!

The only point I didn't like was the pointing out that PSDV is very near $ 4.00/shr, that my entry price! Let's not fight for the same shares here gang!

Anyway, had to say something as the messages are all good today, BlackBerry is really developing into a force here, as MOBL tanks, BBRY should see some of that pairs trade against them subside and for MOBL pressure to come off the stock. Keep up the good work.
    04-27-15 02:11 PM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;11595073]Really liking the posts today gang!

We have a bunch of "TA" expert people here, talking about BBRY holding $ 10.18/shr or just above its 200-dma at $ 10.14/shr, ..... relative strength is excellent. Good foresight there.

Then there is the IBB Index pulling Biotech stocks down, right now it is so close to breaking below its 50-dma and that will pull the sector down. Last week we all bailed from HALO because it was over-bought in the very short term, some of you waited until literally the last second to sell your positions, nice!!

The only point I didn't like was the pointing out that PSDV is very near $ 4.00/shr, that my entry price! Let's not fight for the same shares here gang!

QUOTE]

You started this M+8...got filled on a small amount this am... A bit of a buying spree for me today

Cheers,

Ben
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    04-27-15 02:23 PM
    04-27-15 02:40 PM
    There was just an excellent interview with JC on Bloomberg, A LOT of answers in it to questions we have. Will post as soon as I see it if Corbu doesn't beat me to it
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    04-27-15 02:41 PM
    Some very good Twits here:
    https://twitter.com/KaraHoon

BlackBerry's John Chen says revenue will stabilize in 3-4 quarters during interview with @ErikSchatzker
    I can grow marketshare in the handset business says #BlackBerry's John Chen. #MLGlobal with @ErikSchatzker
    Bloomberg's @ErikSchatzker asking about #BES12 and if companies are investing enough in security. #MIGlobal
    Bloomberg TV up with John Chen at #MIGlobal. #BlackBerry
    .@MariaBartiromo asking John Chen how #BlackBerry has differentiated with security. #MIGlobal
    Getting ready for Opening Bell. John Chen and @MariaBartiromo talking #BlackBerry at #MIGlobal
    #BlackBerryPassport the new tool to give doctors access to medical info & diagnostic tools. This is real. #MIGlobal
    My goal with #BlackBerry is to create patient empowered care, @solvehealthcare #MIGlobal
    John Chen: medical world is disjointed, no 2 countries have the same system. Trying to solve the sharing of medical data. #MIGlobal
    John Chen: hackers couldn't get into the President's #BlackBerry. #MIGlobal
    John Chen: I'm trying to build the most secure mobile communications. #MIGlobal
    We need to fix this big data and interoperability problem, says Anna Barker, Professor Arizona State Univ. #MIGlobal
    "Natural killer cells" attack your body. NantHealth seeks out these killer cells. #MIGlobal
    NantHealth & #BlackBerry work to build the most secure systems that talk about patient data & diagnosis. #MIGlobal
    It's a terabyte of data when you talk to a single patient says @solvehealthcare. #MIGlobal
    NantHealth is trying to capture the 'human signal engine' says @solvehealthcare. #MIGlobal
    #MIGlobal panel @solvehealthcare talks about targeting cancer proteins.
    John Chen: Our job helps people make best use of the data in healthcare, securely. #MIGlobal
    Michael Milken asks about 'frozen data' on #MIGlobal panel.
    #MIGlobal healthcare in the digital age panelist getting ready to go.
    The #BlackBerry booth at #MIGlobal.
    On CNN, John Chen says "we will start seeing growth soon. Our enterprise software and IoT business growing." #MIGlobal
    "If you don't want other people to listen in on your phone calls use our software," John Chen, CEO #BlackBerry. #MIGlobal
    Software business can make 80% margins said John Chen. We put our software on any devices. #BlackBerry on CNN. #MIGlobal
    John Chen on CNN, says #BlackBerry is doing well and we are investing in our enterprise software business. #MIGlobal
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cdnp9hnw8aarc0r.jpg
    04-27-15 02:52 PM
    There was just an excellent interview with JC on Bloomberg, A LOT of answers in it to questions we have. Will post as soon as I see it if Corbu doesn't beat me to it
    04-27-15 02:53 PM
    04-27-15 03:05 PM
    Revenue will stabilize in 3-4 quarters? Am I interpreting this wrong? Sounds longer than I expected.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 03:06 PM
    https://twitter.com/Eionthestreet

"Our goal w partnership with BlackBerry is empowered care."
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cdnwnxpwyaauazs.jpg
    04-27-15 03:08 PM
    Revenue will stabilize in 3-4 quarters? Am I interpreting this wrong? Sounds longer than I expected.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that quote is quite concerning. I swear and hopefully someone else remembers it where Chen said that revenue "had" stabilized. I think he said it an interview sometime just before the new year.
    04-27-15 03:10 PM
    I agree that quote is quite concerning. I swear and hopefully someone else remembers it where Chen said that revenue "had" stabilized. I think he said it an interview sometime just before the new year.
    I thought he said 2-3 quarters before. End of Fiscal 2015 the goal was cash flow positive. Then 2-3 quarters for revenues to stabilize and grow, which would've been around end of summer, maybe fall 2015? That'll be about the end of two years as CEO? Just guessing here...
    04-27-15 03:41 PM
113,250 ... 33423343334433453346 ...