• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    04-25-15 11:49 AM
    This
    http://gizmodo.com/medical-robots-ca...her-1700143736

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, bungaboy, zyben and 8 others like this.
    04-25-15 12:14 PM
    Finally my work place made available the Passport/Classic available through their mobility site. Ordered a passport today through AT&T.
    Its a good sign as a shareholder that the phone finally was made available. IPhone6 and Samsung S6 was orderable almost immediately after their release. Anyways looking forward to getting upgraded Blackberry hardware and software.
    04-25-15 12:47 PM
    Finally my work place made available the Passport/Classic available through their mobility site. Ordered a passport today through AT&T.
    Its a good sign as a shareholder that the phone finally was made available. IPhone6 and Samsung S6 was orderable almost immediately after their release. Anyways looking forward to getting upgraded Blackberry hardware and software.
    Great.

#BBFactCheck
    04-25-15 01:12 PM
    Slightly OT:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/turing-phon...yption-1498003

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't sound very different than BlackBerry's Secusmart solution (at first glance, more aff
    ordable though). Both generate keys using hardware on the phone making it virtually impossible to hack.

Secusmart has the advantage here as it can be implemented cross platform (except iPhones as you can't insert an SD card). Secusmart has plans to offer a software version as well though. Technically that service won't be as secure as the keys aren't stored in the hardware as they are with the SD card version.

The metal alloy of the Turing phone sounds cool, but it's clear that it's a gimmick that doesn't add to the security of the device (unless it makes hardware tampering more difficult I guess?). We also don't have a lot of information yet. I'm interested to hear more about the liquid metal components and what purpose they serve.

It's also not clear if you just buy the Turing phone and the encryption is just how it operates, or if there's a service fee of sorts to take advantage of the service. To be continued...

The biggest limitation I see for the Turing phone is that the person on the other end of the conversation needs to have one as well. That's a major drawback if you're an enterprise looking to secure communications with clients and other industry players.

As the company is a start up, the early adopters won't have hardly anyone they can communicate with that will benefit. Also, you're required to purchase new hardware for all your employees that they may not necessarily want. BlackBerry's cross platform solutions and wide industry use shine here and gives me even more confidence in what they're doing.

My biggest take away is that here is yet another company who's product is based on security and who's looking to secure the Internet of Things. This for me reconfirms that BlackBerry is heading in the right direction and other companies are trying to capitalize on the paradigm shift that many are detecting in the market.

BlackBerry certainly has the experience and breadth of product lines. As far as security solutions for an enterprise or consumer, there's clearly no contest between the two. Let's just hope BlackBerry continues to do it better than these up and comers.

As an aside, I was very pleasantly surprised to see BlackBerry and their CHACE initiative mentioned. This may be the first article I've read in years that mentioned BlackBerry without adding words like beleaguered, struggling, embattled, etc etc... Is this real life? Am I dreaming?

Also, no mention of Apple or Samsung (outside of adds for other articles) and no comparisons (because when it comes to security there is no comparison between them).

Bonus icing on the cake, anyone else catch the reference to John Chen's quote in reference to the announcement of the Apple IBM partnership at the end of the article!?!

"Elephants can dance, but they move slow"

Chen's quote was originally saying the Apple IBM partnership was like "when two elephants start dancing". The author understands that other manufacturers are going going to struggle to shift to be security centric, while BlackBerry not only has security in their DNA, they're trying to help others begin that transition through the CHACE initiative.

Then she ends the article with the line "it will be too late before they realize what they've missed." Oh how right you are author. We here on this thread couldn't agree more.

The $100 party doesn't look so far off kids!

Enjoy snapping up shares at these prices while you can

Full disclosure: I support BlackBerry and I buy shares. *drops mic

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    Last edited by 3_M4N; 04-25-15 at 01:31 PM. Reason: quoted smart548
    04-25-15 01:15 PM
    I'm taking one, just for me
    04-25-15 03:19 PM
    The hackers, who also got deeply into the State Department�s unclassified system, do not appear to have penetrated closely guarded servers that control the message traffic from Mr. Obama�s BlackBerry, which he or an aide carries constantly.
    http://nyti.ms/1DxfjS7

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2708 | Bell | via CB10
    04-25-15 06:02 PM
    04-25-15 11:16 PM
    http://utbblogs.com/news/obamas-email-hacked/

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    rarsen, bungaboy, zyben and 2 others like this.
    04-25-15 11:18 PM
    We all know how Apple operates, here's another one of their gimmicks !

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-10203822.html
    rarsen, bungaboy, awindsr and 5 others like this.
    04-26-15 12:11 AM
    BES cloud pricing
    Yeah, gonna hit hard...
    Attachment 349390

Posted via CB10
    Yep. I will be in there too.

Small business like mine will finally find peace of mind using the cloud.

Side thought: hey! Who wants to throw chips in as a group and go for the 100 user BES Gold? Lol.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 04-26-15 at 01:18 AM.
    04-26-15 12:33 AM
    Slightly OT:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/turing-phon...yption-1498003

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Well, just one. Let's analyze a snippet:

"Apart from the secure TIK hardware chip, the phone will run a modified version of the Android..."

Ok, that's enough. Thanks for coming out.
    See you at the next hack-a-thon.
    04-26-15 12:47 AM
    Massive OT.

Ferrari 250 GT SWB...
    That's a $20 million car...
    At the 'Tour Auto' with engaged friends and family
    Some quick and dirty pics on the fly. Don't cry

Attachment 349410
    Attachment 349412
    Attachment 349413
    Attachment 349414
    Attachment 349415
    Attachment 349416
    Attachment 349417

Posted via CB10

Did you miss the Dino 206GT?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-26-15 06:47 AM
    04-26-15 11:17 AM
    04-26-15 04:37 PM
    Anyone used the workwide app?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 04:50 PM
    04-26-15 05:01 PM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Looks like they have added more bezel at the bottom... very nice!!!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, zyben and 1 others like this.
    04-26-15 05:04 PM
    Just saw a Passport ad on TSN during Montreal / Ottawa game. Loving it !!!!!

Go Habs Go !!!!!

Edit: Washington / Toronto NBA game. At bar and watching two games at once. LoL

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 04-26-15 at 06:00 PM.
    04-26-15 05:20 PM
    Apologies if already posted...decent read, kind of shows who's up to what: http://www.tgdaily.com/mobile/132086...ple-and-google

Classically Posted.
    04-26-15 05:29 PM
    Weekend OT

Do any of you own a Surface Pro 3?
    Would really like to hear what you think of them and it's different iterations, i3/5/7.
    I've never really cared for laptops and have been waiting for something like this to enter the market. They have my attention for their varied use and flexibility for various scenarios and configuration.
    I never get to use my Alienware Aurora or anything else in my house as the wife and two daughters yell at each other constantly about who gets to go next.
    I'm just the schlep who pays for everything.
    Now that I think about it, I'd probably have to buy at least two of them or risk losing out if i only buy one. :sigh:

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-15 05:30 PM
    Weekend OT

Do any of you own a Surface Pro 3?
    Would really like to hear what you think of them and it's different iterations, i3/5/7.
    I've never really cared for laptops and have been waiting for something like this to enter the market. They have my attention for their varied use and flexibility for various scenarios and configuration.
    I never get to use my Alienware Aurora or anything else in my house as the wife and two daughters yell at each other constantly about who gets to go next.
    I'm just the schlep who pays for everything.
    Now that I think about it, I'd probably have to buy at least two of them or risk losing out if i only buy one. :sigh:

Posted via CB10
    We have the Pro2...works well, have the mag attach keyboard too...kind of gimmicky, go for the real deal. Use it primarily as a portable puter...works decent enough. Don't go for the NT software version(s)...nothing really works on them...get the full ride software, which is only available on the Pros flagship I believe. Good luck.

Classically Posted.
    04-26-15 06:06 PM
    04-26-15 06:29 PM
    We have the Pro2...works well, have the mag attach keyboard too...kind of gimmicky, go for the real deal. Use it primarily as a portable puter...works decent enough. Don't go for the NT software version(s)...nothing really works on them...get the full ride software, which is only available on the Pros flagship I believe. Good luck.

Classically Posted.
    Thanks very much for your insight.
    I never even thought about getting a nice keyboard instead of the mag unit. Makes sense getting a premium one considering I'd have to buy the mag unit separately anyway.
    Have you pushed the limits of the pro2 graphically, whether some sort of game or HD video?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:05 PM
    Very curious about how things play out with this phone.
    For a phone that is polarizing, yet rare in the wild, we have : Black, white, red, LE gold, rounded, silver (Oslo) and Porsche, and an all touch rumor.
    What the heck is going on here? They are popping up like Tribbles! : dancing :

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by awindsr; 04-26-15 at 07:55 PM.
    04-26-15 07:32 PM
113,256 ... 33403341334233433344 ...