View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    Could someone post ER schedule for rest of this year? Appreciate your contribution in advance!
    http://us.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    04-14-15 12:52 PM
    The silence, though not very exciting, seems to be working well for BlackBerry here!

Another lesson from Master Chen; this time on brand rebuilding. First, make people forget they hate you. Then, rise up, reinvented.

Seems to be a similar affect on BBRY. People are forgetting they were trying to bring the share price down. Low volume, rising price. Means not a whole lot of selling/manipulation.

But sssshhhhhh!

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB, Corbu, Alvin Loh and 2 others like this.
    04-14-15 02:49 PM
    The silence, though not very exciting, seems to be working well for BlackBerry here!

Another lesson from Master Chen; this time on brand rebuilding. First, make people forget they hate you. Then, rise up, reinvented.

Seems to be a similar affect on BBRY. People are forgetting they were trying to bring the share price down. Low volume, rising price. Means not a whole lot of selling/manipulation.

But sssshhhhhh!

Posted via CB10
    The agenda looks like this, we have been in this uptrend channel since the end of the last quarter. We have important resistance at $ 9.80 and $ 9.89/shr which is the 50-dma. This is also 8 straight days above the 3-ema despite actually dropping below it first thing this morning. The trend is your friend and that trend is still up!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bb-april-14-2015.png

Let's break above the 50-dma this week and that sets us up for a rally to the $ 11.10/shr area ..... that spells "profit"! Nice day again.
    04-14-15 03:07 PM
    04-14-15 03:11 PM
    Multitasking. I know this is old news but myself was surprised yesterday when while talking to a friend I send him a picture message, and asked him to check, He said I can't get data while talking (wow) he is using Iphone 5.
    Anyway we know what best!!!
    have a good day gang!
    - Android user AMAZED by BlackBerry 10 Multitasking
    04-14-15 03:22 PM
    John1110,

Are you the forgetful type, old age or what? LoL

Is there anyone can post ER call schedule for the rest of this year.
    I had difficulty to find it on web. Thanks a lot in advance!
    Hi, All
    Is there anyone who can post entire ER dates 2015? I have hard time to find it even via googling.
    Many thanks in advance!
    Could someone post ER schedule for rest of this year? Appreciate your contribution in advance!
    04-14-15 03:24 PM
    Nice!

Worklife By BlackBerry Breathes New Life Into BYOD

Worklife By BlackBerry Breathes New Life Into BYOD

Last year, California courts issued a landmark ruling that requires employers in the state to reimburse business expenses incurred by employees on their personal mobile devices. The decision seemed to damn corporate infrastructures relying on bring your own device (BYOD) solutions due to its ambiguity regarding how to calculate these expenses.

With California legislation possibly setting the tone for things to come, and the inherent issues of BYOD deployments, BlackBerry set out to solve both problems by designing Worklife by Blackberry, a way for companies to split the bill fairly by adding a separate corporate-controlled account to BYOD iPhones, Android devices, and of course, BlackBerry devices.

Even before the ruling, BYOD and corporate-owned, personally enabled (COPE) devices faced many developmental challenges. With BYOD environments, businesses usually have their employees file expense reports for usage reimbursement, offer stipends, or simply pay the whole bill. All of these options are inefficient, result in underpayment or overpayment, and generally cause a big headache for end users and enterprises alike. Furthermore, if and when an employee leaves the company, they would take with them any business contacts, because it's the employee's phone number and device.

COPE environments face similar issues, with companies often paying tremendous amounts for the personal use of their corporate-owned devices. Privacy concerns also plague COPE device deployment models, because the business can see all activity and communications made on a personal basis by the employee.

"WorkLife by BlackBerry is a new way to manage telecom expenses, protect employee privacy and control company assets for BYOD scenarios," said Jeff Gadway, Director of Enterprise Product Marketing for BlackBerry, in a recent teleconference with Tom's IT Pro. "It introduces separate lines managed by the enterprise and the employee so enterprises can add a work line, which they control, to a personal device brought in by an employee." He added that work usage such as phone calls, SMS or data is charged to the company while all other usage is charged to the employee. "Best of all, it's seamless to employees since both lines are always active for incoming calls, and choosing the outbound line is as simple as flipping a switch," he said.

Determining which account to attribute usage to is done a few different ways. Users can toggle which line is active for outgoing communications; the business can flag contacts, apps, and so on that are specifically for company use on a corporate-controlled management engine; or perhaps most importantly, Worklife can interface with other existing mobile device management and security apps including BlackBerry's BES12 and the recently released Samsung KNOX to automatically determine usage based on the enterprise container apps.

Unlike other solutions that use third party proxy servers to split and calculate usage, sometimes inaccurately and often at the expense of performance, Worklife cuts out the proverbial middle man by performing all usage calculations right on the mobile device itself. Employers can even reassign the corporate phone number of a BYOD device or remove a personal account attached to a COPE device when an employee leaves the company, keeping corporate contacts where they belong and employee privacy intact.

Worklife by BlackBerry seemingly has the complete solution to the challenges of BYOD environments and recent legislation. However, availability is currently scarce, as mobile carriers have to be on board for deployment of two lines on a single device. This should not pose too much of a problem for BlackBerry, as it expects availability and participating carriers to grow as the year continues. BlackBerry encourages enterprises wishing to purchase Worklife by BlackBerry to contact their mobile carrier.
    04-14-15 04:25 PM
    Multitasking. I know this is old news but myself was surprised yesterday when while talking to a friend I send him a picture message, and asked him to check, He said I can't get data while talking (wow) he is using Iphone 5.
    Anyway we know what best!!!
    have a good day gang!
    - Android user AMAZED by BlackBerry 10 Multitasking
    Hate to burst bubble here, it has nothing to do with multitasking on the OS level. The constraint is on the air interface due to the limitation of package switching of CDMA 2000 technology. It is the same thing on all CDMA carriers when LTE or WIFI is not being used, regardless of your phone type.
    04-14-15 04:47 PM
    I am not an expert! But my carrier is verizon and the person to whom I spoke carrier is also verizon she had LTE and Wifi on, and I had Wifi!!! so go figure!
    Edit: by the way that person I am referring too is my wife who happen to be on my verizon family plan!!
    Hate to burst bubble here, it has nothing to do with multitasking on the OS level. The constraint is on the air interface due to the limitation of package switching of CDMA 2000 technology. It is the same thing on all CDMA carriers when LTE or WIFI is not being used, regardless of your phone type.
    Last edited by Soumaila Somtore; 04-14-15 at 05:13 PM.
    bbjdog and caibre like this.
    04-14-15 05:00 PM
    Man you are good Bunga Dude!! because of all of you this tread will survive any destructive attempt!!
    Kudo to all of YOU GREAT PEOPLE!!

John1110,

Are you the forgetful type, old age or what? LoL
    Last edited by Soumaila Somtore; 04-14-15 at 05:28 PM.
    Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    04-14-15 05:17 PM
    I was walking the dog, when I saw this funny glass sticker on a car.
    Sorry Bunga!

Attachment 347490
    Last edited by bbjdog; 04-15-15 at 07:08 AM.
    04-14-15 05:51 PM
    Hey BaconM...I wondered the same thing - it seems to me it can be a bullish sign or a bearish sign depending upon what exactly is being done...writing or buying, but I'm an amateur with options despite having lost money on Calls before...

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it neither a sign of bulls or bears as there are two sides to that put? One person is betting the shares go up or don't decline too much (so a bull) the other is betting the shares decline a lot (a bear who needs to cover the cost of his put).

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 06:00 PM

But sssshhhhhh!

Posted via CB10
    I wish Heins never changed the name.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and iamagod like this.
    04-14-15 06:42 PM
    RIM?
    Looks like someone missed updating this.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150414_203916.png

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 07:44 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

- 90% of companies vulnerable to Sony-style hack
    "With a staggering 90% of companies vulnerable to a similar cyber attack given current security levels, it’s just a matter of time before another multinational has its employees’ details, along with other sensitive information, leaked. And those able to do such attacks are not all in friendly countries and the number is growing rapidly. Maybe some needed help from BlackBerry security would help mitigate such possibilitees.”
    04-14-15 08:19 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

- 90% of companies vulnerable to Sony-style hack
    "With a staggering 90% of companies vulnerable to a similar cyber attack given current security levels, its just a matter of time before another multinational has its employees details, along with other sensitive information, leaked. And those able to do such attacks are not all in friendly countries and the number is growing rapidly. Maybe some needed help from BlackBerry security would help mitigate such possibilitees.
    I guess large-scale hacking of some big companies would do more for our stock than any speeches by John Chen and company!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and awindsr like this.
    04-14-15 08:51 PM
    http://www.themarketsdaily.com/earni...sdaqbbry/8520/

Earnings Watch: BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)

When BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) reports their next earnings announcement on or around 2015-06-18, investors will be paying particularly close attention to the reported earnings per share number versus the Wall Street analyst estimates. As of writing, sell-side brokerages are expecting that the company will report $-0.03 for the quarter ending on 2015-05-31. This is the consensus number based on the 18 firms providing projections.

Last quarter BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) posted a surprise factor of 233.33% as the analysts predictions were $0.07 away from the actual reported number of $0.04. The standard deviation of the estimates right before the announcement was $0.04.

Where is the stock headed?

Brokerage firms covering BlackBerry Limited are projecting that the stock will reach $9.916 over the next 52-weeks. This is the consensus average number based on the 18 brokerages offering projections. The analyst with the most positive stance sees it reaching $14, while the most conservative target rests at $6. The standard deviation of all price targets is $2.031.

Using a simplified formula to determine if the stock presents a buying or selling opportunity, where 1 represents a Strong Buy and 5 represents a Strong Sell, the equity currently is rated 3.05, based on the consensus numbers. To see the direction where the consensus trends are heading, three months ago the stock had a rating of 3.05.

About BlackBerry Limited

BlackBerry Limited, formerly Research In Motion Limited is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services, it provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to information, including e-mail, voice, instant messaging, short message service (SMS), Internet and intranet-based applications and browsing. The Companys technology also enables an array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services through software development kits, wireless connectivity to data and third-party support programs. Its portfolio of products, services and embedded technologies are used by thousands of organizations and millions of consumers around the world and include the BlackBerry wireless solution, and the RIM Wireless Handheld product line. Effective May 31, 2013, BlackBerry Ltd acquired Scroon SA.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 09:50 PM
    OT question @M+8 and other stock gurus

What is your opinion on BP?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 10:20 PM
    OT question @M+8 and other stock gurus

What is your opinion on BP?

Posted via CB10
    If interested in oil, go look at buffets recent moves.

Posted via CB10
    igotaq likes this.
    04-14-15 11:48 PM
    I guess large-scale hacking of some big companies would do more for our stock than any speeches by John Chen and company!

Posted via CB10
    I doubt whether there is any impact to the stock. The market still does not treat BBRY as a cyber security stock. The hacking has to be more specific against Good, Mobileiron and AirWatch...

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    04-15-15 12:07 AM
    I doubt whether there is any impact to the stock. The market still does not treat BBRY as a cyber security stock. The hacking has to be more specific against Good, Mobileiron and AirWatch...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I meant large scale Sony style hacking. Where Sony had to publicly admit that they went back to BlackBerry. If more such instances occur where companies admit to having gotten hacked and having moved to BlackBerry as remedial action, we'd start seeing lots of other companies going to BlackBerry as preventive action.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and awindsr like this.
    04-15-15 01:03 AM
    They are presenting interim results on PR302 on Wednesday so that is important. I do think this is a case of them wanting to maintain their Nasdaq listing, they need the stock over $ 1.00 for 13 days I believe. I hope we hear that the study is positive or that the CEO is going to modify the Phase structure.

It is up on a boring day, not bad. GL
    Hello! I'm looking into companies to invest in that might have a lot of potential. Do you guys think I should look more into SPHS? Thanks!
    04-15-15 03:35 AM
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/06...artbleed_hack/

Almost one year ago and probably was already discussed here. But I just wonder why this Mobileiron can still obtain new customers? Is that the new customers did not read any news at all? Did they really trust what the Mobileiron management said that this was just an isolated incident?

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    04-15-15 04:41 AM
    I was walking the my dog, when I saw this funny glass sticker on a car.
    Sorry Bunga!

Attachment 347490
    Can't see attachment.
    bbjdog likes this.
    04-15-15 06:40 AM
    Apple chose not to add extra radios to allow the 5 to have simultaneous voice and data. Everyone else did.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 07:01 AM
104,879 ... 33233324332533263327 ...