View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    was watching Madam Secretary, her husband was going to Russia so she gave him a new phone. He said why do I need a 2nd one. She said that this one is more secure than his personel one (iPhone I believe). Here is a pic of it.... Yup Z10. Could have gone Z30 but I'm happy it's a BB

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-image.jpg
    04-12-15 10:18 PM
    I've been through this before but since you bring it up....

The entire office used to be BlackBerry, I am the remnant now and even I have an Android phone, 3 other Androids and 1 Windows phone, in my office. In fact my whole industry (Coffee) used to be nearly 100% BlackBerry.

What I do seem to be brave about here in this room is that I don't believe that Apple needs to fail for BlackBerry to come back to prominence. I haven't had any Apple products since the 2nd generation iPod so you'll be hard pressed to call me a fanboy, maybe Android in addition to Blackberry, but I do believe that for a large part of the population, iPhone works very well, in the same way for many in the business world, including myself, BlackBerry has a place.

I happen to enjoy big boy toys as many of you in this thread do. IMHO its curious, you don't have to disparage Mercedes to like BMW or Audi do you? Why is it impossible to say something nice about Apple and still like BlackBerry?
    Thanks. I certainly like both bbry and apple. My iphone is good for some things and my bbry is good for others. Last week a buddy of mine wanted to reply to an email and attach a file. He couldn't do it with his iphone 6. Of course with my bbry I could have downloaded the file to the bbry file system and then attached it to any email. He couldn't do this with his iphone. So simple and yet still not available. That and the superior sound quality and battery life of my Q10 are reasons why I carry two devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 10:49 PM
    04-12-15 11:26 PM
    Hey Fellas,

Just dropping in before the week to say hi and drop some tidbits while we are awaiting for our stock to move up:

We will have to watch this one closely, because BlackBerry stands to get the most negative press (as if we don't get enough already).
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/12/83...encryption-key

On a lighter note, I noticed something interesting with the latest S6 offering. It now sports the BlackBerry phone and camera icons, exactly where bb10 puts them. If speculation was allowed to run a bit, it almost appears like BlackBerry and Samsung devices just got a bit closer(?)
    Oh, and we all know how their device is now 'Defence Grade'.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150410_113821.png

Here's to an upward move this week!
    04-13-15 12:00 AM
    Thanks Corbu...I'm sure I've said it before, but if the Passport was the iPhone E (Enterprise), the world would be heralding a whole new, earth-shattering and gamechanging Apple product that no other company can touch...they'd sell 50 million of them a year at $1,200 and if you were a business person, it would be embarrassing to not have one in your arsenal. Sadly, for many, BlackBerry is the forbidden fruit at the moment...

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, CDM76, ibpluto and 15 others like this.
    04-13-15 08:03 AM
    How Apple Watch?s retail experience could turn off some Apple Inc fans | Financial Post

Just about the funniest comments on a article ive seen in awhile. Take the time to read most of them lol
    04-13-15 12:25 PM
    OT: Mobile Payement Rules

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/topstories/...aled-1.3030588

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 12:33 PM
    How Apple Watch?s retail experience could turn off some Apple Inc fans | Financial Post

Just about the funniest comments on a article ive seen in awhile. Take the time to read most of them lol
    Am I the only person out there who sees "Apple" in the title of an article and refuses to even click on it ? I just don't want to give them the numbers. LoL

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 12:34 PM
    Am I the only person out there who sees "Apple" in the title of an article and refuses to even click on it ? I just don't want to give them the numbers. LoL

Posted via CB10
    Only reason i clicked on it because the title was kinda negative lol. If it said "Apple watch is amazing and here is why" then i wouldnt of clicked on it lol
    04-13-15 12:42 PM
    Hey Fellas,

Just dropping in before the week to say hi and drop some tidbits while we are awaiting for our stock to move up:

We will have to watch this one closely, because BlackBerry stands to get the most negative press (as if we don't get enough already).
    The NSA wants tech companies to give it 'front door' access to encrypted data | The Verge

On a lighter note, I noticed something interesting with the latest S6 offering. It now sports the BlackBerry phone and camera icons, exactly where bb10 puts them. If speculation was allowed to run a bit, it almost appears like BlackBerry and Samsung devices just got a bit closer(?)
    Oh, and we all know how their device is now 'Defence Grade'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150410_113821.png 
Views:	1772 
Size:	255.5 KB 
ID:	347190

Here's to an upward move this week!
    Well, it looks similar to my CM 12 Lollipop Android. So, maybe Cyanogen Mod is getting closer to Samsung too? Or maybe it is just generic Android's lock screen layout? Hmm...
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    04-13-15 01:03 PM
    Today, BBRY continues to stay green and has maintained exceptional support above $9.50. It's definitely broken above previous first level of resistance and should be making its way towards second level of resistance around $9.85. Be forewarned that given the bullish momentum, if BBRY closes green again today, it will have clocked gains in 6 of its last 9 trading days so I'd be bracing for some profit-taking sometime soon before it resumes its pace towards the high $9's.
    Superfly_FR, rarsen and awindsr like this.
    04-13-15 01:50 PM
    OT: Of Bulls, Bears and Pigs

Short of it all, he has a point. But more often then not, pigs get slaughtered, but occasionally some do find their Charlotte. That said, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Diversification keeps you in the game.

I copy/pasted via ClipMan. Hopefully it strips out the html codes. Sorry in advanced if it doesn't.

http://www.businessinsider.com/druck...ed-bets-2015-4

Forget portfolio diversification.

Legendary hedge fund manager Stanley Druckenmiller said when you see something in the market that really, really excites you, "bet the ranch on it."*

"I think diversification and all the stuff they're teaching at business school today is probably the most misguided concept everywhere," Druckenmiller said during a speech on January 18th at the Lone Tree Club in North Palm Beach, Florida.

In his speech, Druckenmiller described his investment philosophy as that of a "pig" instead of a stock market "bull" or "bear." *

"The first thing I heard when I got in the business....was bulls make money, bears make money, and pigs get slaughtered. I'm here to tell you I was a pig. And I strongly believe the only way to make long-term returns in our business that are superior is by being a pig."

The 61-year-old founder of Duquesne Capital Management has one of the best long-term track records in the hedge fund world. He retired in 2010 and now runs his firm as a family office.*

He explained that if you find a trade that "excites you" tend to have better results.

"And if you look at what excites you and then you look down the road, your record on those particular transactions is far superior to everything else, but the mistake I'd say 98 percent of money managers and individuals make is they feel like they've got to be playing with a bunch of of stuff. And if you really see it, put all your eggs in one basket and watch the basket very carefully."**

These sorts of trades don't happen often though. They usually happen one or two times a year, Druckenmiller explained.*

During Druckenmiller's career, he had two mentors and one of them was famed fund manager George Soros.*

Working for Soros cemented Druckenmiller's investment philosophy of "if you see it, you got to go for it."*

Druckenmiller worked a portfolio manager for Soros' Quantum Fund. He noted that Soros had been spending a majority of his time on philanthropy in addition to running his personal account.

According to Druckenmiller, about 90% of the trades Soros was making were actually his ideas. Soros was crushing Druckenmiller's returns though.*

"I'm a competitive person, frankly embarrassing, that in his personal account working about 10% of the time he continued to beat Duquesne and Quantum while I was managing the money," Druckenmiller said. "And again it's because he was taking my ideas and he just had more guts. He was betting more money with my ideas that I was."

Druckenmiller shared the story of he and Soros' famous British pound short bet that "Broke the Bank of England." Druckenmiller said that he had pitched his short idea to Soros and suggested that they put 100% of the fund in the trade.

Soros told Druckenmiller that was "ridiculous" and that they should put more even more on it.*

"That is the most ridiculous use of money management I ever heard," Soros said to Druckenmiller. "What you described is an incredible one-way bet. We should have 200 percent of our net worth in this trade, not 100 percent. Do you know how often something like this comes around?"*

That trade certainly paid off.*

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BanffMoose; 04-13-15 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Added investing admonishments.
    CDM76, awindsr, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    04-13-15 02:23 PM
    OT: Of Bulls, Bears and Pigs

Short of it all, he has a point. But more often then not, pigs get slaughtered, but occasionally some do find their Charlotte. That said, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Diversification keeps you in the game.

I copy/pasted via ClipMan. Hopefully it strips out the html codes. Sorry in advanced if it doesn't.

http://www.businessinsider.com/druck...ed-bets-2015-4

Forget portfolio diversification.

Legendary hedge fund manager Stanley Druckenmiller said when you see something in the market that really, really excites you, "bet the ranch on it."*

"I think diversification and all the stuff they're teaching at business school today is probably the most misguided concept everywhere," Druckenmiller said during a speech on January 18th at the Lone Tree Club in North Palm Beach, Florida.

In his speech, Druckenmiller described his investment philosophy as that of a "pig" instead of a stock market "bull" or "bear." *

"The first thing I heard when I got in the business....was bulls make money, bears make money, and pigs get slaughtered. I'm here to tell you I was a pig. And I strongly believe the only way to make long-term returns in our business that are superior is by being a pig."

The 61-year-old founder of Duquesne Capital Management has one of the best long-term track records in the hedge fund world. He retired in 2010 and now runs his firm as a family office.*

He explained that if you find a trade that "excites you" tend to have better results.

"And if you look at what excites you and then you look down the road, your record on those particular transactions is far superior to everything else, but the mistake I'd say 98 percent of money managers and individuals make is they feel like they've got to be playing with a bunch of of stuff. And if you really see it, put all your eggs in one basket and watch the basket very carefully."**

These sorts of trades don't happen often though. They usually happen one or two times a year, Druckenmiller explained.*

During Druckenmiller's career, he had two mentors and one of them was famed fund manager George Soros.*

Working for Soros cemented Druckenmiller's investment philosophy of "if you see it, you got to go for it."*

Druckenmiller worked a portfolio manager for Soros' Quantum Fund. He noted that Soros had been spending a majority of his time on philanthropy in addition to running his personal account.

According to Druckenmiller, about 90% of the trades Soros was making were actually his ideas. Soros was crushing Druckenmiller's returns though.*

"I'm a competitive person, frankly embarrassing, that in his personal account working about 10% of the time he continued to beat Duquesne and Quantum while I was managing the money," Druckenmiller said. "And again it's because he was taking my ideas and he just had more guts. He was betting more money with my ideas that I was."

Druckenmiller shared the story of he and Soros' famous British pound short bet that "Broke the Bank of England." Druckenmiller said that he had pitched his short idea to Soros and suggested that they put 100% of the fund in the trade.

Soros told Druckenmiller that was "ridiculous" and that they should put more even more on it.*

"That is the most ridiculous use of money management I ever heard," Soros said to Druckenmiller. "What you described is an incredible one-way bet. We should have 200 percent of our net worth in this trade, not 100 percent. Do you know how often something like this comes around?"*

That trade certainly paid off.*

Posted via CB10
    I like this very much.

Edit: Buffett would second this I'm sure as well as many other of the world's greatest investors/traders.

The caveat being that it makes sense only if you actually have the time and understanding to do your full due diligence.

Posted via CB10
    Munx, rarsen, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    04-13-15 03:11 PM

I read the comments. According to the American posters, apparently, all Canadians hate Apple because of BlackBerrys low market share. Oh and our jealousy of the mighty fruit.
    The posters only enforce American stereo types of an arrogant bunch, ignorant of anything beyond their own border but seemingly all knowing . Of course that is untrue, but there are plenty south of us who jump at the chance to perpetuate this opinion of America and do a great job of it.
    Bad boys, bad boys, watcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you......
    I think some of them are still mad that we marched down to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. and burnt their house down.
    Post script :
    Just in case someone wants to point out that "it was the British Empire who did that and not Canadians, my last name is Windsor. Checkmate! LoL!
    Cheers to all the world over!

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, farmwersteve, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    04-13-15 04:46 PM
    04-13-15 05:30 PM
    OT:
    Two health-related bits of news...

Apps to Track Exercise, Sleep Help Patients Participate in Clinical Trials - WSJ

IBM Positions Itself as Large Broker of Health Data - WSJ

Since this is OT, I haven't posted the content in extenso. If you guys want it, fell free to ask and I will.
    rarsen, zyben, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    04-13-15 08:26 PM
    what were you actually trying to say by these quotes?
    04-13-15 08:58 PM
    Just to post here for the record!

Home Healthcare Provider Chooses BES12 by BlackBerry to Enable More Efficient Communications (ccnm)

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS--(Marketwired - April 14, 2015) - HIMSS 2015 - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today that CarePartners has chosen CellTrak's VisitManager solution, running on BlackBerry 10 smartphones and managed by BES12: a multi-OS EMM solution by BlackBerry, to mobilize their home care providers.

CarePartners is a home care nursing agency that provides personal support services, rehabilitation services, and nursing care to over 70,000 patients each year. CarePartners issued BlackBerry 10 smartphones provisioned with CellTrak's VisitManager mobile healthcare management application to over 4,000 employees in their mobile workforce. VisitManager enables CarePartners' home care providers to securely access patient information directly on their BlackBerry 10 smartphones. It allows them to update client records in real-time, and helps them manage their appointments and schedule changes throughout the day. The solution allows for secure real-time communications between care providers and back office employees.

"With thousands of home care staff visiting clients each and every day, CarePartners recognized very quickly that they required a solution that gives their care providers convenient and secure access to the information they need and delivers a more integrated approach to logging and managing their hours of service," said Barry Billings, Vice President, CellTrak Canada. "Partnering with BlackBerry enables us to offer CarePartners a real-time connection to their patient data that is secure from end-to-end, in transit and at rest and a way to increase the productivity of their workforce."

CarePartners is also migrating to BES12 for enterprise mobility management (EMM) to securely manage their deployment of BlackBerry 10 smartphones. BES12 can manage any mobile deployment model such as BYOD, COPE and COBO, and seamlessly supports iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry OS devices.

"With the CellTrak solution on BlackBerry, we have realized greater scheduling efficiency and a drastic reduction in missed visits for our patients," said Kelly Baechler, Manager Organizational Change, CarePartners. "Having real-time access to patient care plans has allowed us to provide the highest quality care. It was important to us to implement an EMM solution that gives us strict device management and the ability to provide management of a variety of devices, and that meets the security needs for healthcare. With BES12, we have control over our devices and we know our data is protected."

"With BES12, BlackBerry delivers a multi-OS and deeply integrated communications engine that provides the highest levels of trust and security required when exchanging patient health information," said John Sims, President, Global Sales, BlackBerry. "By tightly integrating with partners such as CellTrak, we're able to provide CarePartners with real-time visibility into their patient data and care plans. This empowers them to truly mobilize their workforce in a way that meets their need for security and control, while allowing them to meet necessary PIPEDA and HIPAA regulations."

Find out more about BES12 at www.BlackBerry.com/BES12. Find out more about CarePartners at www.CarePartners.ca. Find out more about CellTrak at www.CellTrak.com.
    04-14-15 08:25 AM
    Seeing as we are super quiet here atm. OT: Does anybody have any news on what's up with SPHS today?

Thanks in advance chaps!!

B
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    04-14-15 09:40 AM
    Seeing as we are super quiet here atm. OT: Does anybody have any news on what's up with SPHS today?

Thanks in advance chaps!!

B
    They are presenting interim results on PR302 on Wednesday so that is important. I do think this is a case of them wanting to maintain their Nasdaq listing, they need the stock over $ 1.00 for 13 days I believe. I hope we hear that the study is positive or that the CEO is going to modify the Phase structure.

It is up on a boring day, not bad. GL
    04-14-15 09:51 AM
    They are presenting interim results on PR302 on Wednesday so that is important. I do think this is a case of them wanting to maintain their Nasdaq listing, they need the stock over $ 1.00 for 13 days I believe. I hope we hear that the study is positive or that the CEO is going to modify the Phase structure.

It is up on a boring day, not bad. GL
    Thank you for your comments M+8. Yes, I saw the conference for tomorrow. I am quite happy with this investment.....seems to be a no brainer in my humble opinion. Have an awesome day.
    04-14-15 09:57 AM
    Morning y'all!
    I read this article this morning http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/04/bla...ptions-monday/
    , but I am somewhat confused. The author states a high put volume against BlackBerry as of recent, but we are at a record low for short interest (chart). Is it correct to presume that the puts could be 'written-puts' for neutral to bullish hedges?
    Here is my support data:

"... while puts are normally associated with price declines, you could establish a short position in a put (known as writing a put) if you are neutral to bullish on a stock. The most common reasons to write a put are to earn premium income, and to acquire the stock at an effective price that is lower than the current market price. For example, assume a stock is trading at $35, but you are interested in acquiring it for a buck or two lower. One way to do so is to write puts on the stock that expire in say two months. Lets assume that you write puts with a strike price of $35 and receive $1.50 per share in premium for writing the puts. If the stock does not decline below $35 by the time the puts expire, the put option will expire worthless and the $1.50 premium represents your profit. But if the stock does decline below $35, it would be assigned to you, which means that you are obligated to buy it at $35, regardless of whether the stock subsequently trades at $30 or $40. Your effective price for the stock is thus $33.50 ($35 - $1.50); for the sake of simplicity, we have ignored trading commissions in this example."

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/articles...#ixzz3XIbfOvDj

Latest chart (looking marvelous!):

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150414_085000_edit.png
    04-14-15 11:01 AM
    Hey BaconM...I wondered the same thing - it seems to me it can be a bullish sign or a bearish sign depending upon what exactly is being done...writing or buying, but I'm an amateur with options despite having lost money on Calls before...

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    04-14-15 11:12 AM
    Could someone post ER schedule for rest of this year? Appreciate your contribution in advance!
    04-14-15 11:51 AM
105,710 ... 33223323332433253326 ...