View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    And while at "contemplating ourselves" ...
    Ladies and Gents, we broke the 4 Million views milestoine ! (this was originally a typo but ... I like it !)

Attachment 343953

Attachment 343954
    That's about 3,225 views per day! How's that for passoine? Well done SF and all!
    03-26-15 01:29 PM
    OT: Former Tesla Intern Releases $60 Full Open Source Car Hacking Kit For The*Masses

Former Tesla Intern Releases $60 Full Open Source Car Hacking Kit For The Masses - Forbes

I wonder if infotainment and telemetry systems running on QNX will be just as susceptible to these hacks as everyone else, or if they're somehow more resistant to pen testing.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    Security architecture is different than security implementation. The former is QNX the latter are the car manufacturers. ODB based hacks have already been demonstrated on makes that we know use QNX. You can build the best safe in the world but it doesn't do diddly if the access code is '1234'
    03-26-15 01:35 PM
    I'm hoping Chen announces progress with getting carriers to offer WorkLife and pay-as-you-go software licensing in developed countries and other Movirtu offerings in developing countries. That would indicate carriers are willing to support BlackBerry, the company, again. BlackBerry was offering some packages free to carriers with a revenue sharing agreement.
    03-26-15 01:46 PM
    Hanging chads....

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    Ya.. what's up with that, I am not on the list either - must be a conspiracy...
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 03-26-15 at 02:06 PM.
    03-26-15 01:48 PM
    Let's add to the list of article that say the same thing.

What to expect from BlackBerry�s earnings Friday (RTGAM)

SHANE DINGMAN

If you�re looking for BlackBerry Ltd. to finally turn the corner, Friday�s earnings report might not be the moment to tune in according to analyst expectations.

Sentiment is mixed, particularly on the long term outlook of the Waterloo, Ont. technology company, but most agree that revenues will miss again, most likely thanks to slow hardware sales of the new Classic handset.

BlackBerry is still making about 46 per cent of its revenue on hardware, but that ratio might have slipped as several key markets didn�t get shipments of the Classic until halfway through the fourth quarter. A report from Morgan Stanley suggested BlackBerry may have sold only 8,000 Classics in the United States during the quarter, though its global hardware sales may have topped 1.5 million.

In the third quarter BlackBerry surprised analysts by being cashflow positive, after six quarters of bleeding money, even as it missed revenue targets. Some analysts, including TD Securities Inc., expect the company will be cashflow positive again thanks to Mr. Chen�s cost-cutting efforts.

�We are a little ahead of our two-year turnaround and strategy,� Mr. Chen told reporters earlier this month at the Mobile World Congress convention in Barcelona.

The main area of concern for BlackBerry watchers is Mr. Chen�s target to earn $500-million through its software business in 2015. To hit that number it needs its hardware customers or corporate IT buyers (who manage fleets of different devices these days) to pay for service add-ons like high-security messaging service BBM Protected, or the Gold Level premium version of its enterprise management software.

Right now, there are a decent number of subscribers signed up for the EZ Pass device management system, as it was offered free to customers for a year. That trial period is ending, and Citi analysts believe that most customers are letting EZ Pass lapse rather than paying to upgrade. What�s more, �our checks indicate that BBRY may not be enforcing the Feb. 1 start date for required maintenance payment, implying the licence total may stay artificially high while [services] revenue does not grow,� analyst Ehud Gelblum wrote.

Morgan Stanley, which titled its research note �At this rate, it won�t even be close,� suggested that 50 per cent of EZ Pass customers are not renewing.

BlackBerry has also committed to launching four new handsets in the remainder of 2015, which might be seen as a distraction from the software mission. However, most analysts agree the company will need a boost to reach Mr. Chen�s goal of selling 10 million devices a year, especially since the first new device of his tenure � the boxy, unorthodox Passport � has not sparked consumer interest.

Results are expected Friday before markets open. Analysts expect a loss of 4 cents per share and revenue of $802-million. Shares are down 4.7 per cent in the last five days on the Nasdaq and 15.8 per cent in 2015 so far.
    awindsr likes this.
    03-26-15 01:52 PM
    Let's add to the list of article that say the same thing.

What to expect from BlackBerry’s earnings Friday (RTGAM)

SHANE DINGMAN

If you’re looking for BlackBerry Ltd. to finally turn the corner, Friday’s earnings report might not be the moment to tune in according to analyst expectations.

Sentiment is mixed, particularly on the long term outlook of the Waterloo, Ont. technology company, but most agree that revenues will miss again, most likely thanks to slow hardware sales of the new Classic handset.

BlackBerry is still making about 46 per cent of its revenue on hardware, but that ratio might have slipped as several key markets didn’t get shipments of the Classic until halfway through the fourth quarter. A report from Morgan Stanley suggested BlackBerry may have sold only 8,000 Classics in the United States during the quarter, though its global hardware sales may have topped 1.5 million.

In the third quarter BlackBerry surprised analysts by being cashflow positive, after six quarters of bleeding money, even as it missed revenue targets. Some analysts, including TD Securities Inc., expect the company will be cashflow positive again thanks to Mr. Chen’s cost-cutting efforts.

“We are a little ahead of our two-year turnaround and strategy,” Mr. Chen told reporters earlier this month at the Mobile World Congress convention in Barcelona.

The main area of concern for BlackBerry watchers is Mr. Chen’s target to earn $500-million through its software business in 2015. To hit that number it needs its hardware customers or corporate IT buyers (who manage fleets of different devices these days) to pay for service add-ons like high-security messaging service BBM Protected, or the Gold Level premium version of its enterprise management software.

Right now, there are a decent number of subscribers signed up for the EZ Pass device management system, as it was offered free to customers for a year. That trial period is ending, and Citi analysts believe that most customers are letting EZ Pass lapse rather than paying to upgrade. What’s more, “our checks indicate that BBRY may not be enforcing the Feb. 1 start date for required maintenance payment, implying the licence total may stay artificially high while [services] revenue does not grow,” analyst Ehud Gelblum wrote.

Morgan Stanley, which titled its research note “At this rate, it won’t even be close,” suggested that 50 per cent of EZ Pass customers are not renewing.

BlackBerry has also committed to launching four new handsets in the remainder of 2015, which might be seen as a distraction from the software mission. However, most analysts agree the company will need a boost to reach Mr. Chen’s goal of selling 10 million devices a year, especially since the first new device of his tenure – the boxy, unorthodox Passport – has not sparked consumer interest.

Results are expected Friday before markets open. Analysts expect a loss of 4 cents per share and revenue of $802-million. Shares are down 4.7 per cent in the last five days on the Nasdaq and 15.8 per cent in 2015 so far.
    what gets me is how bbry execs said themselves that rev will be lower this qtr then last but somehow they are predicting higher revs then last qtr. Smells like a setup to me
    dusdal likes this.
    03-26-15 02:04 PM
    Hanging chads....

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    I still think it's a conspiracy and I'm not the only one.
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    03-26-15 02:04 PM
    what gets me is how bbry execs said themselves that rev will be lower this qtr then last but somehow they are predicting higher revs then last qtr. Smells like a setup to me
    So we have higher rev and a loss of four cents, does that sound like John Chen and his work? Well the time of judgement is almost here. Setup to drive the price down in an average result.

Here is my estimates five billion in rev and a loss of five dollars a share. Lmao!
    3MIKE likes this.
    03-26-15 02:11 PM
    OT: Lululemon (I know!) posts good results, stock up 7% to $65.50. Goldman Sachs had also downgraded them to a sell with price target of $50 ahead of the earnings.

This will make a BlackBerry beat and spike even more satisfying!!
    They also managed to pull off this beauty on SandDisk:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...ction-buy-list

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 02:14 PM
    Cut out section!

"BlackBerry Ltd is expected to report a fourth-quarter loss and a sharp decline in revenue. Much of this has already been baked into expectations, and the big focus will be on any indications of an uptick in software revenue. Analysts and investors will be looking for signs whether the company can deliver on its promise of growing software revenue, as it pivots to become more of a software and services player"
    03-26-15 02:18 PM
    Just did, and it's showing up now. I demand a recount. Lol
    Or maybe I was to drunk and pressed something else?
    Were your hands above the desk? LoL
    3MIKE and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    03-26-15 02:21 PM
    They also managed to pull off this beauty on SandDisk:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...ction-buy-list

Posted via CB10
    Great find! Thanks for sharing.
    Corbu, zyben and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-26-15 02:26 PM
    Were your hands above the desk? LoL
    I think so........

Good one lmao
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-26-15 02:26 PM
    Quick question for you ......................... John Chen is all in BlackBerry at $ 8.85/shr , ..................... is he satisfied with today's price?

Yes W Hoa, we did hit a buy signal today, the stock bounced off an RSI-30 and now we are higher, nice.

Peace out!
    La Emperor, Corbu, 3MIKE and 11 others like this.
    03-26-15 02:27 PM
    On the Canso convertible bond issue...

I was going over a few posts from the last 48 hours and I would like to clear up what I think might be a misunderstanding attributable, originally, to our good friends at Bloomberg. It may be clear to some of you but it wasn't to me, until a few minutes ago. So here goes...

Remember this?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11459700

It said:

(Bloomberg) -- Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. became BlackBerry Ltd.’s third-largest investor, after converting $300 million of the smartphone maker’s debt into stock.

The Canadian fund manager now holds 5.4 percent of BlackBerry’s common shares, according to a U.S. securities filing on Thursday. That places Canso behind Primecap Management Co. and Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd., according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
    Someone had the good idea of posting the Canso Conference Call yesterday in an effort to clarify whether Canso converted or not.

Turns out they haven't, which is confirmed by this "corrected version" of the original Bloomberg story which ran the same day but went below the radar, it seems to me...
    Canso Investment Becomes Third-Largest BlackBerry Holder - Bloomberg Business

(Corrects story that ran Thursday to say Canso holds only a passive stake.)

(Bloomberg) -- Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. reported a 5.4 percent passive stake in BlackBerry Ltd, through a $300 million convertible debenture it holds in the smartphone maker, according to a U.S. securities filing on Thursday.
    We are now talking about a "passive stake", which means that the bond has not been converted into shares. Canso still hold the convertible debt.

Hope this helps clarify the issue!

Cheers,
    awindsr, zyben and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-26-15 02:38 PM
    On the Canso convertible bond issue...

I was going over a few posts from the last 48 hours and I would like to clear up what I think might be a misunderstanding attributable, originally, to our good friends at Bloomberg. It may be clear to some of you but it wasn't to me, until a few minutes ago. So here goes...

Remember this?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11459700

It said:

Someone had the good idea of posting the Canso Conference Call yesterday in an effort to clarify whether Canso converted or not.

Turns out they haven't, which is confirmed by this "corrected version" of the original Bloomberg story which ran the same day but went below the radar, it seems to me...
    Canso Investment Becomes Third-Largest BlackBerry Holder - Bloomberg Business

We are now talking about a "passive stake", which means that the bond has not been converted into shares. Canso still hold the convertible debt.

Hope this helps clarify the issue!

Cheers,
    Not so fast my friend! A "passive stake" is defined as a stock position in a company while not requesting a position on the board of the company. The investment is passive if you are only investing in the company and not wanting to control it in any way. The vast majority of stock holders in the world today, hold passive positions in their investments.

http://www.streetinsider.com/13Gs/Ca.../10366789.html

Here is the confusing claim:
    (1) Includes shares issuable upon the conversion of $300,000,000.00 principal amount of convertible debentures of Blackberry Limited pursuant to Rule 13d-3(d)(1).

They shouldn't have filed this 13 report if they hadn't converted the bonds. Weird.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 03-26-15 at 03:03 PM.
    03-26-15 02:49 PM
    Well quite the day today chaps. Markets now closed ready for the ER in the AM. Meanwhile CEO Mr. John Chen continues with his game plan giving us his rye smile once in a while to the media. I actually find all this quite amusing.
    zyben, Mr BBRY and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-26-15 03:10 PM
    I do hope that people do realize that a lot of us first purchased the Z 10 in February 2012 - so for me through Bell I can upgrade for free in December coming. So hopefully many original bb10 customers will be renewing into one of the current phones or upcoming ones. That should be a good hardware sales quarter if they stay loyal. I will either buy the Passport or the new slider. The products are there it's the perception that isn't. John Chen and all of us loyalists need to change that view, it will take time so have patience. Apple can't continue to stay on top, no one does forever.

Posted via CB10
    zyben, Shanerredflag and awindsr like this.
    03-26-15 03:15 PM
    @Morgan sir thanks for your knowledge but why wouldn't they wanted to be on the board. Just curious. Are they that confidence

#BBFactCheck
    03-26-15 03:17 PM
    @Morgan sir thanks for your knowledge but why wouldn't they wanted to be on the board. Just curious. Are they that confidence

#BBFactCheck
    Usually only hedge funds and guys like Carl Ichann take a 10% or more position and then request a seat on the board. In his case, he feels a company is not using their assets (cash usually) to their fullest extent. He often requests a higher dividend be paid and share buybacks so that he can sell his 10% plus holdings into a strong market. Its fine to think he can make fundamental changes at a company but the vast majority of the time, he is bleeding it dry in favour of a quick profit. Not good.

For the majority of us, we buy common shares with no expectation of changing the way the company does business.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    03-26-15 03:25 PM
    It is true that the passport received much media attention. The problem is that there was no product available to sell for 3-4 months.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly !!!!! The shopblackberry.com site should have NEVER said out of stock. Should list an expected delivery date though and extend it as needed.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    03-26-15 03:29 PM
    Not so fast my friend! A "passive stake" is defined as a stock position in a company while not requesting a position on the board of the company. The investment is passive if you are only investing in the company and not wanting to control it in any way. The vast majority of stock holders in the world today, hold passive positions in their investments.

Canso Investment Shows New 5.4% Stake in BlackBerry (BBRY)
    Indeed, Morgan! You certainly know better than I do but allow me to put forward my interpretation and let me know if it makes sense...

I believe that StreetInsider piece refers to the same source that was mistakenly quoted by Bloomberg. Bloomberg refers to "a U.S. securities filing on Thursday" (March 12). Fine. They were probably looking at this:
    SC 13G
    Or, more correctly, this:
    SC 13G/A

Which, under point 9, says:

Aggregate Amount Beneficially Owned by Each Reporting Person
    30,789,550 (1)
    The note is the following:

(1) Includes shares issuable upon the conversion of $304,499,000.00 principal amount of convertible debentures of Blackberry Limited pursuant to Rule 13d-3(d)(1 )
    My interpretation is that Canso had to file this Schedule 13G but that the shares were not converted at that time and have not been since.

There is also the fact that they still appear in some of their funds, as per:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11503414

Finally, I would surmise that Bloomberg lacked riguour when they corrected themselves by saying that Canso holds a "passive stake" which, as you point out, can be interpreted as you say it can. I suspect the reporter interpreted it in the sense of "non active stake", ie the bonds have not been converted and they do not yet own shares. I am also led to believe that if they did own so many shares, they would appear in the Schedule 13F. One would have to check that.

In any event, let me know what you think! Simply trying to get this thing clarified! Cheers,
    03-26-15 03:37 PM
    For reference.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150326_214409.png

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 03:44 PM
    Indeed, Morgan! You certainly know better than I do but allow me to put forward my interpretation and let me know if it makes sense...

I believe that StreetInsider piece refers to the same source that was mistakenly quoted by Bloomberg. Bloomberg refers to "a U.S. securities filing on Thursday" (March 12). Fine. They were probably looking at this:
    SC 13G
    Or, more correctly, this:
    SC 13G/A

Which, under point 9, says:

The note is the following:

My interpretation is that Canso had to file this Schedule 13G but that the shares were not converted at that time and have not been since.

There is also the fact that they still appear in some of their funds, as per:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11503414

Finally, I would surmise that Bloomberg lacked riguour when they corrected themselves by saying that Canso holds a "passive stake" which, as you point out, can be interpreted as you say it can. I suspect the reporter interpreted it in the sense of "non active stake", ie the bonds have not been converted and they do not yet own shares. I am also led to believe that if they did own so many shares, they would appear in the Schedule 13F. One would have to check that.

In any event, let me know what you think! Simply trying to get this thing clarified! Cheers,
    I mentioned that clause in their 13G too, it is not the correct way to file a claim of ownership when the vehicle is a Bond and you are claiming voting rights. They have no voting rights at all until they convert the bonds! A passive position is defined as a shareholder without representation and this holds true for all of us. Everyone here who owns shares in BB are holding a passive position by definition. How an author could get that wrong is beyond me! There are reports from all of the media centers regarding this 13G, part of the problem is that it shouldn't have been filed the way it was in the first place unless they converted those bonds. It's like the management team filled out half the form and then realized it was the wrong form and tried to add a clause to indicate the bonds are still untouched! The good news is that BB will have to adjust their number of shares outstanding if these clowns did in fact convert those bonds. It looks as though they purchased a couple of 100,000 shares in addition to the bond offering, just to make matters more confusing! We'll know in due time!

Oh yeah, get your rest my friend, you are going to be a very busy person tomorrow morning!!
    03-26-15 03:48 PM
    Thx Morgan! We agree. Keep well... I suspect you'll be busy tomorrow as well...
    03-26-15 03:51 PM
113,250 ... 32873288328932903291 ...