View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    PSA

Earning are before market open on friday.

http://www.nasdaq.com/earnings/report/bbry

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 11:56 AM
    Rockstar has no impact on non GAAP earnings.
    03-25-15 12:07 PM
    Some of you might like to hear what my trades are as soon as I place them and so I have some data now that means I am fully invested in both HALO and BBRY. For BBRY, I used this chart to determine my entry point for my final purchase:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bbry-march-25-2015.png

My conclusion for buying my final 40,000 shares at $ 9.40/shr an hour ago is the fact that we have been down here before, we tend to stop selling off and rally to the top of this channel, and, it coincides with the RSI=30, or close to it. So I have history on my side, I have a stock that is over-sold, and I have analyst opinions that miss out on certain data that I think might surprise them after Friday morning. Those are the reasons for loading up on BBRY. I'm at a record level with BBRY now.

As for HALO, it is at RSI=30, it is dirt cheap here, I purchased back all of my original position and about 10% more. Love the company, the DOW in down 165 pts and neither BBRY or HALO are at fault for that issue so I jumped in and bought a ton of stock today and I am broke!
    03-25-15 12:11 PM
    TSX down, MOBL and APPL both getting sacked.

We are not alone.
    03-25-15 12:15 PM
    Thanks M8! My order for HALO filled for 13.85 and i'm putting more money in now to buy some more at these levels. I only hope this drop is from people cashing out of their recent gains and not a rotation out of Bio again, I don't think the volume supports that theory atm though GLTA
    PS: does anyone remember the expected time frame of the FDA decision?
    03-25-15 12:22 PM
    Yep. I am all in too.
    03-25-15 12:24 PM
    TSX down, MOBL and APPL both getting sacked.

We are not alone.
    This is a problem I have with future of the BBRY/BB share price. If I understand it correctly that once the FED in U.S. starts to raise interest rates later this year or maybe early next.

There will be a massive correction in all these major indexes. So all the big companies share prices will come a tumbling down.

Maybe BlackBerry not as much since at this point it doesn't have far to fall.

My question is can BlackBerry's share price outperform this coming stock market correction. Or will it fall with the rest. Sorry if this makes no sense.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    03-25-15 12:25 PM
    Hi guys, I haven't posted here in months but just checking in prior to Q4 2015 earnings. I've been busy re-structuring my portfolios the last little while and had sold out my BBRY position at the beginning of this year. I currently still have a small position and some call options in the company so I'm still on board with John Chen's vision.

Today, we're seeing the markets as a whole pull back, with essentially just energy posting positive figures. Even the red hot biotech sector is pulling back in similar fashion. Regarding BBRY, I always look to IWM (iShares Russell 2000 US small-cap ETF) for macro movements in the small-cap sector which will affect BBRY's share price movement. IWM is sliding, just as the S&P500 index is. In turn, BBRY is exhibiting a similar slide albeit at a higher beta. BBRY's -2% dip right now is largely a result of the entire market dipping and not specifically related to investor sentiment of BlackBerry. Friday's market open will tell the tale of where investor sentiment lies.
    laketrout73, Mr BBRY, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    03-25-15 12:34 PM
    This is a problem I have with future of the BBRY/BB share price. If I understand it correctly that once the FED in U.S. starts to raise interest rates later this year or maybe early next.

There will be a massive correction in all these major indexes. So all the big companies share prices will come a tumbling down.

Maybe BlackBerry not as much since at this point it doesn't have far to fall.

My question is can BlackBerry's share price outperform this coming stock market correction. Or will it fall with the rest. Sorry if this makes no sense.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    I often cringe over the conspiracy theories of the stock market crashing, and some experts are saying we are due.

On the other hand, If you just take the simple assumed value of BlackBerry, in worst terms of a 'fire sale' sell off, you would still win at the current stock price.
    That is why I am a big supporter. It really has nothing to do with the fact that I also like the phones.

03-25-15 12:34 PM
    Thanks M8! My order for HALO filled for 13.85 and i'm putting more money in now to buy some more at these levels. I only hope this drop is from people cashing out of their recent gains and not a rotation out of Bio again, I don't think the volume supports that theory atm though GLTA
    PS: does anyone remember the expected time frame of the FDA decision?
    Biotech was at record highs, they will get hit as the general market falls off, that doesn't worry me at all. The DOW is now down 200 pts and BBRY is sitting there, bored, waiting for the DOW to bottom out. HALO is no different here, plenty have large profits in HALO but it is one of those which will pop as soon as the DOW finds its footings. I had my order in for HALO at $ 13.50 yesterday and left it there all day, the same with the 40,000 BBRY at $ 9.40/shr all day. Today they got filled but I moved my HALO down at the opening $ .20/shr lower. That's it for me, I have all the stock I could want for this cycle, time to kick back and watch the DOW Jones stabilize! GL
    W Hoa, sidhuk, donmateo and 11 others like this.
    03-25-15 12:51 PM
    The word does seem to be getting out there:

Why Blackberry's Next Great Hope Isn't a Phone
    These three letters could save a dying phonemakerand turn it into a company that has nothing to do with phones at all

Why Blackberry's Next Great Hope Isn't a Phone
    03-25-15 12:55 PM
    M8 or others -- how much with the appreciation of the USD impact BBRY revs and EPS? Could it make the rev and EPS seem overly 'missed' ?
    03-25-15 12:59 PM
    I often cringe over the conspiracy theories of the stock market crashing, and some experts are saying we are due.

On the other hand, If you just take the simple assumed value of BlackBerry, in worst terms of a 'fire sale' sell off, you would still win at the current stock price.
    That is why I am a big supporter. It really has nothing to do with the fact that I also like the phones.

Not a BBRY appologist or anything but In MHO, EVERYTHING is manipulated.

Lets use the oil price as an example. You think oil just tanked by chance?

Not to rock the boat but of course but we all know, some nation wanted another oil producing nation to increase production to hurt another nations economy.

Blatant manipulation. The stock market is not immune to this.....
    03-25-15 12:59 PM

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Many analysts are agree there would be a market correction in the near future. However this is only correction not market crash like 2000 or 2008. By the end of the year, we may see higher DOW and SPY compared to today.

If you believe BBRY will follow DOW & SPY, and you are investor (holding the stock for long term), there is nothing to be worried.
    Imo, you can prepare additional cash in hand, in case you want to add during market correction.
    03-25-15 01:17 PM
    M8 or others -- how much with the appreciation of the USD impact BBRY revs and EPS? Could it make the rev and EPS seem overly 'missed' ?
    That's a great question and I just don't know what their hedge strategy was/is for currency so I can't help you. They don't derive much in revenues from the US but they do have $ 3.1 B in US paper and so I don't know how they deal with accounts payable etc.. I believe they have always been paid in US dollar terms for foreign revenues so that portion won't be an issue. I would assume they hedge their money as do many of us but I don't know if we will see a 4% hit or something much less, I'm guessing that it will be much less though.
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    03-25-15 01:21 PM
    Many analysts are agree there would be a market correction in the near future. However this is only correction not market crash like 2000 or 2008. By the end of the year, we may see higher DOW and SPY compared to today.

If you believe BBRY will follow DOW & SPY, and you are investor (holding the stock for long term), there is nothing to be worried.
    Imo, you can prepare additional cash in hand, in case you want to add during market correction.
    I have to agree with you completely. We are 500 pts from the DOW Jones all-time high, we are 500 pts from the 200-dma and we are just sitting on the 50-dma today. The reason the bids are gone on all stocks is because the DOW is just below its 50-dma today.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-dow-jones.png

I believe, if we hold the 50-dma here, we will make new all time highs again. I can see us heading for 19,000 before we even see a decent correction. Nowhere in the cards do we see a wholesale drop in the market. If we have to touch the 200-dma like we did at the end of January, it will be for a day and bounce from there. A drop to 17,300 is only two days away and it can happen during inter-day trading so it is really not a big deal and that 1,000 pts from the high is enough to start a whole new leg up in this market. The whole reason for a continued rally is oil at $ 50/bbl, it is so cheap there is a trillion dollars in commerce out there to rock the world versus a year ago. I don't think we are seeing anything special today. If the DOW closes above the 50-dma (17,833) all the stocks will find a bid this afternoon.
    03-25-15 01:52 PM
    HALO made me happy today. My last $$$ went in this morning and look were we are now
    03-25-15 02:01 PM
    OT: But indirectly related

Finkelstein fed tips to friend on corporate deals, OSC rules

The Globe and Mail
    Published Wednesday, Mar. 25 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
    Last updated Wednesday, Mar. 25 2015, 11:33 AM EDT

Finkelstein fed tips to friend on corporate deals, OSC rules - The Globe and Mail

Former Bay Street lawyer Mitchell Finkelstein fed tips about three impending corporate deals to an old friend and former Montreal CIBC investment adviser, an Ontario Securities Commission panel has ruled.

The high-profile case, involving a former partner of Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP, one of Bay Street’s most prestigious law firms, is a rare win for OSC staff in what are often difficult cases to prove.

In a decision released on Wednesday, an OSC panel chaired by well-known Toronto lawyer Alan Lenczner concluded that Mr. Finkelstein had given insider information on three major corporate deals that his law firm was working on between 2004 and 2007 to Paul Azeff, a close friend and old fraternity buddy who worked for Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce in Montreal as an investment adviser.

Mr. Azeff, in turn, either traded on the information, recommended it to clients or fed it to Korin Bobrow, also then at CIBC, who in two cases also gave the tips to others, the panel ruled.

However, the panel also rejected several of the allegations against Mr. Finkelstein and the others, involving three other corporate deals.

It also rejected evidence from OSC lawyers that large cash deposits made by Mr. Finkelstein after meetings with Mr. Azeff were related to any tips the lawyer gave his old friend in order to engage in insider trading. Mr. Finkelstein testified that he tended to keep large amounts of cash – up to $30,000 – around his house in metal tins, and would deposit it in his bank accounts from time time. The panel ruled that since OSC lawyers did not cross-examine him on this issue, the commissioners had no reason to “disbelieve Mr. Finkelstein on his explanations and accounting.”
    sidhuk, morganplus8, W Hoa and 9 others like this.
    03-25-15 02:29 PM
    I'm right there with several others on this thread loading up on BBRY going into this ER. It seems as though Wall St has already baked a revenue and EPS miss into our SP, so it's fair to say we shouldn't drop much at all in the unlikely event of a miss. That in addition to the broader markets selling off today poses a great buying opportunity for those who believe BlackBerry will eventually prosper. Needless to say, I'm also broke now...again!

On another note, I've haven't had much time to comment lately because I've been buried with work, but I did want to point out one thing to offer some perspective. There have been many articles, analyst reports and comments in here talking about the importance of Q4 FYE2015 earnings. I agree we will find out some very valuable information about the progress of Chen's plan, but this is no different from any prior quarterly earnings report in the last few years. Every quarter it's the same song and dance where all the bulls and bears go at it saying that BBRY is either going to skyrocket or bomb, yet here we are oscillating around the $10 mark for almost 3 years now. After holding stock for that long, my expectations have become more realistic and I understand you need patience to let the turnaround unfold. These quarterly ER's are just a glimpse of the progress for us to analyze and determine where we go from here. The reason there is so much focus is because of all the hype and guessing that goes into it and then the knee jerk reaction that takes place afterwards. It's a short term trader's dream come true, but just static noise for those of us who look at the big picture. I give a tremendous amount of credit to John Chen for engineering this process quite well. I can't say I expect any blockbuster news this ER (although it would be great), but the story here is that we are leaning out and stabilizing as we start to turn cash flow positive. From there, a few quarters to proving the naysayers that we aren't going anywhere following by one success in any of the many divisions of BlackBerry and then we take off. We need a real reason to shake off the shorts so they can move on to another stock once and for all. Until then, they'll keep chanting about shrinking revenues and device sales. So to anyone who believes in this company and John Chen, hang in there, victory is around the corner. Good luck to all and I wish everyone a BEAT this ER! Cheers!
    03-25-15 02:41 PM
    BlackBerry Is 'On Its Way Up' As A Software Supplier

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ: BBRY) has had its share of ups and downs, but one analyst believes the company is finally ready to rebound.

"I think they've fallen pretty hard and therefore they did hit rock bottom," Patrick Moorhead, president and principal analyst at Moor Insights & Strategy, told Benzinga. "I think they're on their way up, not as a hardware supplier, but as a software service provider, for secure ways to manage and distribute information over mobile devices in a secure way. I do still think that they have some differentiation and a core competency in that area."
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...171114309.html
    03-25-15 02:50 PM
    Even with a 20 percent gain on friday we are still looking at only being back to low 11's
    03-25-15 03:47 PM
    That is the illegal manipulation in a nutshell. Pack the baseless opinions in the news as thick as possible to drive the stock down, so when the inevitable good news happens, you only get back to zero. Seems to be an endless supply of manipulation pieces with no repercussions on the writers, only on the hammered SP.

Posted via CB10
    zyben likes this.
    03-25-15 05:00 PM
    Well, if BlackBerry can make some money, then these bad guys and evil doers can be put to bed. I've given up on any kind of device sales strategy, but hopefully the other sides of the company are guided by a better plan.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 05:30 PM
    Even with a 20 percent gain on friday we are still looking at only being back to low 11's
    Low 11's on BBRY would make me enough money to forget my problems for a while.
    03-25-15 05:39 PM
    Well, with a 20% gain on Friday, I'll be looking at a 20% gain for shares purchased at $9's.
    03-25-15 05:45 PM
104,878 ... 32823283328432853286 ...