View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You got it BBNation!

BlackBerry launched BB7 devices in some VERY important markets right before Christmas last year...Mexico, India, Indonesia. Accordingly, Q4 typically sees a large amount of shipped BB7 devices, which I believe to be no different this quarter. One difference though, is the amount of BB10 devices that will be recorded as shipped. Lastly, BES10 (which was available for download in December) will likely start seeing revenues. Yes, CAL upgrades are free for it; however, all non-BlackBerry devices are $100/yr. 1700 businesses have already downloaded / signed onto the program, so we will begin to see revenues from that moving forward.

Do not forget good Xmas sales in UK and BB7 devices sales will bring so much BIS revenue in this quarter. This quarter may still increase the cash position or neutral based on bb7 sales with BIS fees, z10 sales. For e.g. US DoD 470000 BBs bring BIS revenue and there are many installs such as this..
    I lot of bb10 development was done before xmas so most of cost of dev is accounted in previous quarters, the only cost I can think of is marketing bb10..This quarter will be kick *** like TH said earlier that it will be mohammad ali punch..
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-10-13 10:02 PM
    You're not referring to the wild uncontrolled mood swings, of a pregnant worman are you. LoL
    Odd..I thought that was the only time they were sane.

Congrats D_G
    drummer_god likes this.
    03-10-13 11:01 PM
    I guess, it must be something very excited because stock goes down since I joined this forum and people on this forum are still telling: sweet, sweet!!! I am puzzled. &)
    This is going to be a slow growth stock...buying it now will make you money...just not the Ferrari that some of the more optimistic posters seemed to imply at the end of this year...but you are going to make money...
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-10-13 11:29 PM
    Good for BB in long term, google wants own phone, MS wants own phone..Nokia and rest of Anroid OEMs will be orphans..
    Nokia Filing Hints at Microsoft "Surface Phone"

Yesterday, 12:53 PM by Rich Brome

In recent filing with the SEC, Nokia specifically acknowledged the possibility that "Microsoft may broaden its strategy to sell other mobile devices under its own brand, including smartphones." Such filings with the SEC are legally required to lay out legitimate business risks, so that investors can make informed decisions. Similar filings in the past did not list this risk, indicating that Nokia feels the chances of Microsoft making its own phones have increased. The company may, in fact, have knowledge of such plans. At the very least, Nokia does not seem to have any assurances from Microsoft that they won't offer their own phone. Nokia is dependent on Microsoft for its Windows Phone OS software that powers all of Nokia's new smartphones. The filing explains that Microsoft-branded phones "could lead Microsoft to focus more on their own devices and less on mobile devices of other manufacturers that operate on the Windows Phone platform, including Nokia."
    Acumenight likes this.
    03-11-13 01:03 AM
    So, what we have for today?

1. No solid news on sales
    2. Sales started in different countries but it is hard to believe that sales are high due to low income of major population of those countries
    3. Strong competition from Nokia, Samsung, etc
    4. Problems with gov'ts of the countries where sales started
    5. Nobody knows how those millions from sales in such short period can help RIM to revive market.

I would prefer to stay on sidewalk and watch how this Titanic will hit its iceberg on March 28.

Does anybody have different opinion?

BTW. 50dma or something like that is not counted because it is built on past data.
    Dude, really, we don't want nor need to (furthermore get paid for) change your mind. If you believe BlackBerry is Titanic, so be it and short it, that's your money.
    Please read the OP #1, it's clear about our biaised point of view. We're glad to learn about markets but our belief is that Heins will make it in a 2-3yrs time frame.
    Even if we consider what you assume as reality, it's not proving wrong this belief.

Welcome, be patient, stay cool
    is our "Mantra", feel free to adopt it... or not.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    03-11-13 05:08 AM
    Congratulations, as a married man with a baby on the way, I can safely say that life gets very interesting from that point forward.

Posted via CB10
    Congrats for the BaBy .
    Do not listen advices, you don't need lessons to grow him/her. Mother nature will take care of that . And yes, nothing equals a loving smile of a kid: welcome in the real world!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-13 05:16 AM
    Important interview of Lenovo boss in French press ("les Echos" is a major business paper here) . In short : he said he's likely a buyer but have to estimate the (future) potential.
    Watch the stock...

Google translated here : http://translate.google.com/translat...entuel-rachat/

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 05:33 AM
    Important interview of Lenovo boss in French press ("les Echos" is a major business paper here) . In short : he said he's likely a buyer but have to estimate the (future) potential.
    Watch the stock...

Google translated here : Google Translate

Posted via CB10
    he can dream about buying Blackberry, but he will never get approval to buy BB. anybody serious about buying a company is not going to talk about it and risk driving up the share price,
    but it is nice he mentions BB, it might even help the share price.
    03-11-13 06:18 AM
    he can dream about buying Blackberry, but he will never get approval to buy BB. anybody serious about buying a company is not going to talk about it and risk driving up the share price,
    Well, they've already had a similar interview in the past and then they said that they weren't ruling it out, but they weren't in discussions either. So kind of like, "Yeah, it's a possibility." Which is as useful as me saying "Yeah, it's possible that a meteor might hit the earth next year and wipe out an entire city."
    03-11-13 06:35 AM
    Maybe the Lenovo boss is long on the stock
    03-11-13 06:35 AM
    Well, they've already had a similar interview in the past and then they said that they weren't ruling it out, but they weren't in discussions either. So kind of like, "Yeah, it's a possibility." Which is as useful as me saying "Yeah, it's possible that a meteor might hit the earth next year and wipe out an entire city."
    He's pretty much straightforward than in previously : "We are buyers, but some must be checked before ". Yet - as I stated many times before - it's almost impossible to achieve unless BlackBerry is OK. And IMHO, they're not.
    I linked this because it might have some incidence on the stock value

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:02 AM
    We've crawled out of our premarket hole. I'm really curious what today will bring. Hopefully it's a little bit more exciting than it has been over the last week or so.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:18 AM
    Needs more cowbell.
    cjcampbell, q649 and bungaboy like this.
    03-11-13 07:32 AM
    Watch the stock...

Google translated here : Google Translate

Posted via CB10
    I'd love to see that!
    03-11-13 07:49 AM
    He's pretty much straightforward than in previously : "We are buyers, but some must be checked before ". Yet - as I stated many times before - it's almost impossible to achieve unless BlackBerry is OK. And IMHO, they're not.
    I linked this because it might have some incidence on the stock value

Posted via CB10
    It is a nice rumor to start the week with. markets are down on China economic news, maybe some of the profit taking will get shoveled into BBRY.
    03-11-13 07:50 AM
    Needs more cowbell.
    Definitely needs more cowbell. It's the only prescription! Lol
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-11-13 07:52 AM
    Starting off green in premarket...and I said I would stop watching the stock...lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-13 07:56 AM
    Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) Files Patent For Dual Screen Displays | US Market Buzz

I'm seriously liking this patent.

They could release the next Playbook as a dual screen beastie. It would be better if one of the screens was e-paper though. Imagine how long the battery would last for if you could read webpages, books, and send messages from an e-paper screen.

Considering how substantial the power draw from the current screens are, a BB10 device with an e-paper screen would probably last *weeks*.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-11-13 07:59 AM
    03-11-13 08:01 AM
    NOK and AAPL are each down 2+% in premarket...BBRY up 1% and climbing...
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 03-11-13 at 08:18 AM.
    03-11-13 08:04 AM
    I'd love to see that!
    But I'm pretty sure the Canadian government would not. ABC... Anyone But the Chinese.
    03-11-13 08:19 AM
    But I'm pretty sure the Canadian government would not. ABC... Anyone But the Chinese.
    I know...and they continue to purport that "free markets" should prevail. What a crock...
    03-11-13 08:32 AM
    Congratulations, as a married man with a baby on the way, I can safely say that life gets very interesting from that point forward.

Posted via CB10
    Congrats! As a married man with two young kids, I can safely say that your life is going to change completely. You will understand how valuable sleep is and you will understand the meaning of hard-work. You will also understand the meaning of true unconditional love. Of all the things that I have achieved in my life (business, money, education, scientific discoveries, career, etc), the most momentous and joyous achievements were having my kids.
    03-11-13 08:35 AM
    Looks like someone is buying BBRY shares
    03-11-13 08:39 AM
    Wow.. that's quite the boost to start. I looked away to do some work for a few minutes and it was down a little. Then come back and we're up more than just a little. I know it's early and this can reverse easily but it's still nice to see a little pumping going on.
    03-11-13 08:44 AM
113,256 ... 324325326327328 ...