View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.60%
  • No

414 37.40%
    Peter Misek I have followed for a while. When the BB10 was released, he was one of the bullish analyst on the software side. He really wasn't to much into the hardware, his argument was that BlackBerry was going to do a lot better with EMM,MDM and their bes server. He has always believed in BlackBerry. If anyone can recall he was always defending BlackBerry, when everyone was negative. I respect Peter Misek and his out of the box thinking. When everyone was talking about Z10, he was talking about EMM and BES10.

Edit: all the best Morgan!
    Back in 2013 silence on hardware was needed to just let BlackBerry do their thing and see what comes of it. He was negative on hardware and that just added to all the other bearish analysts and bloggers dissing BlackBerry since it was en vogue. Essentially, he participated in creating a self fullfilling phophesy. Diss the hardware and BlackBerry would be forced to change course to software and exit hardware.

Only it almost killed BlackBerry. So he wasn't on the "pro" or "defending" BlackBerry side in my book.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king, awindsr and CDM76 like this.
    03-09-15 11:06 PM
    Congratulations to all those who were able to buy on this dip! I was hoping to buy some 2017 options too but my 2016 $15 options are down like 40% (from $.88) and I didn't see a point in selling those and buying 2017 ones.

I am guessing we will see some good buying in the morning as more and more people take advantage of this dip, some shorts utilize this opportunity to cover and we'll be back over $10.5 in no time. I don't think we are going to go down any more than $9.86 that we closed at..
    bbjdog likes this.
    03-09-15 11:20 PM
    Back in 2013 silence on hardware was needed to just let BlackBerry do their thing and see what comes of it. He was negative on hardware and that just added to all the other bearish analysts and bloggers dissing BlackBerry since it was en vogue. Essentially, he participated in creating a self fullfilling phophesy. Diss the hardware and BlackBerry would be forced to change course to software and exit hardware.

Only it almost killed BlackBerry. So he wasn't on the "pro" or "defending" BlackBerry side in my book.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Peter Misek was commonly cited and made regular appearance on TV. Him + other bears at that time contributed significantly to BlackBerry's negative image. But of course, let's not forget, BlackBerry burnt itself and then analysts simply added fuel to the already burning fire, kicked them when they were already down.

Even if we forget (and forgive) BlackBerry's mistakes of pre BB 10 launch, BlackBerry screwed up nearly everything with BB 10 launch. Eg:
    1. Bad pricing - over priced from get go. John Chen, on the other hand, has a much better handle on pricing. Everything launched under his leadership has been competitively priced.
    2. Incorrect product releases - Z10 launched first when the die-harders were asking for a Bold successor. Finally, after several months they launched Q10 when they should really have launched Classic. Lack of toolbelt forced lot of Bold-upgrade-hopefuls to reconsider.
    3. For sale sign
    4. Incredibly optimistic statements - we expect to sell tens of millions of Q10 and then selling only a couple of hundred thousands! Like, wow, what a gap between CEO's expectations and market! This is after the guy had already seen Z10 sales! Then Q10 launched over-priced too!
    5. Bad to no marketing accompanying launch
    6. Incredibly embarrassing launch of #BBM4all. Then it had to be rescheduled by few months!!!

Under John Chen, I see BlackBerry has improved upon a lot of TH, ML, JB era mistakes but I still see them making some. But then its very difficult for a large corporation to have control over everything. On the other hand, that is why TURNAROUNDS are considered so difficult and are rarely seen. You've to be always at your A game to be able to turn around and regain your past glory.
    03-09-15 11:32 PM
    I wasn't attempting to absolve BlackBerry of their screw ups or rehash everyone's take of 2013.

That said, let's hope MS and GS don't get away with what they're doing and let us make use of what is hopefully the last time BlackBerry goes under $10.

As Morgan would say, "GL".

ps: Morgan, hope you get well soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 01:02 AM
    Yeah, I did a double-take on that statement too.

It sounds like Peter Misek is saying "I have been wrong about BlackBerry so many times that I have given up".

I did like his 'non-biased' article this time around though.

Here's to Peter joining us in the future!

Open invitation.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 03-10-15 at 01:55 AM.
    03-10-15 01:23 AM
    from what we have seen, momentum was building...Passport, Classic and other positive good news of late was getting some positive results on share prices.... then 10.3.1 update was released...
    03-10-15 01:27 AM
    Sell rating is silly, but there are challenges that BlackBerry haven't shown themselves certain to overcome. They've got to find a way to sell the devices they are releasing. The Passport is an amazing phone, that draws attention wherever it is taken, but we can be certain that BlackBerry aren't going to sell many of them. I haven't seen a single advertisement for it, even is business areas of London. I don't think things will be as gloomy as this recent report predicts, but there certainly areas in which BlackBerry need to show a big change of approach.

Posted via CB10
    helopilot06 likes this.
    03-10-15 05:57 AM
    Good day, Gang!

Just dropping in to say a quick hello from my new Classic. What an amazing tool! I've been on the go (including a tropical vacation) for the past several weeks, and this thing is the perfect companion. I'm having Passport withdrawal, but will give it time. I needed to make the sacrifice for easier mobility.

I've been loving the content in this thread and can't offer enough likes or thanks to the regular contributors. I took the opportunity to pick up some more shares under $10 yesterday. If these devices don't give you the motivation to own shares in this company I don't know what will... oh yeah, or it could be the security, IOT, recent partnerships / acquisitions, QNX, medical, messaging angle. Duh!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-photo-2-1-1-.jpg

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    03-10-15 07:26 AM
    If you have time to waist. Official JC bashing forum
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1005201

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    03-10-15 08:10 AM
    And this is amazing.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150310_082123.png

03-10-15 08:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    The same direction John Chen is taking BlackBerry was the same direction Peter Misek was talking about, for you to argue this point is to go against the current direction.

The market doesn't want BlackBerry controlling every espect of the security (phone and software). But saying that! BlackBerry should maintain both, even if the hardware is a drag on Blackberry.

Watch some CNBC interviews with Peter Misek and you will see.
    Peter actually went sour on Blackberry only at the time when X CEO messed up and now he sees them heading in the direction he likes.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    03-10-15 08:25 AM
    I think Chen getting the US carriers back on board is a big step in the right direction.

Hardware is not a huge issue going forward, it will tick in the background.

Software is the future.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:26 AM
    And this is amazing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150310_082123.png 
Views:	976 
Size:	384.7 KB 
ID:	340158

I would have placed the pointy one in the third position instead of 4th.
    03-10-15 08:29 AM
    MOBL is down 6 percent

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:39 AM
    Let's stand smart : that's the best way for us to demonstrate our confidence.
    Another bump on the SP price ? Ok: dust will settle.
    Wondering if institutional investors will pile-in if the SP goes under - say - $9.5 : thoughts ?
    Here's a snapshot for later reference :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png
    03-10-15 08:39 AM
    WHAT! He changes from bear to bull and then stops analyzing BlackBerry? Guess we can't have an analyst doing that now can we? There is a natural order that must be maintained at BBRY shareholder cost of course.

LOL

Posted via CB10
    Peter Mizek is no longer an analyst. Quit that gig in July of 2014. He now is a managing partner of DN Capital, Venture Capital. Kind of nice of him to put out that piece yesterday. He obviously had no obligation to do so.
    03-10-15 08:42 AM
    Wondering if institutional investors will pile-in if the SP goes under - say - $9.5 : thoughts ?

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	2317 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	340160
    Where did you find this info?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:10 AM
    The same direction John Chen is taking BlackBerry was the same direction Peter Misek was talking about, for you to argue this point is to go against the current direction.
    I was just trying to say that in 2013, he was saying he didn't see value in hardware and he was very vocal about it. He was saying that at the time BB10 was just being launched. That is contrary to what RIM's founders and John Chen thought that in order to have a secure system, you need to control security from endpoint to endpoint.

BlackBerry has a future since all the opportunities it has today is because of their hardware and OS and network capabilities working together. I don't think the QNX Car 2 platform would be out today if it weren't for the Playbook or BB10. NantHealth probably wouldn't be either. BlackBerry's CEOs stuck to their beliefs and that's why they're still around to fight another day.

Despite the Misek of 2013.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:25 AM

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	2317 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	340160
    Yeah....Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley.
    bungaboy likes this.
    Peter Mizek is no longer an analyst. Quit that gig in July of 2014. He now is a managing partner of DN Capital, Venture Capital. Kind of nice of him to put out that piece yesterday. He obviously had no obligation to do so.
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    doctor gonzo and bungaboy like this.
    If you have time to waist. Official JC bashing forum
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1005201

But I saw it on the internet and TV...it must be true!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:29 AM
    ok this is starting to be a train wreck , no support in sight
    03-10-15 09:38 AM
    This week is another reason I don't personally go in for TA stuff. First of all, I don't understand it, and, secondly, all it takes is a gust of wind from the real world to throw the whole damn thing over. Either BlackBerry will learn to sell phones, or they won't. Either they will be able to sell their software or services, or they won't. If the answer is yes, then it doesn't matter one bit whether an article or report predicts bad results.

Posted via CB10
    gg22, techvisor and CDM76 like this.
    03-10-15 09:43 AM
    ok this is starting to be a train wreck , no support in sight
    You have to realise that the DOW Jones is below its 50-dma today, not a good sign for any stock in the market.

This isn't just about BBRY here.

Edit: Look at APPL, they came out with the best watch ever and the stock is getting dropped too. Hard to find a positive stock today. ACAD is up, SPHS is up a penny, that's all that I can see in my list.
    03-10-15 09:47 AM
    You have to realise that the DOW Jones is below its 50-dma today, not a good sign for any stock in the market.

This isn't just about BBRY here.
    I realize this is just sad seeing us back in the 9's after so much good news
    03-10-15 09:49 AM
106,400 ... 32503251325232533254 ...