View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    Wow, you go away for a couple of days and all heck breaks out! Now we have Simona Jankowski at #weGSheartMobl telling us that John Chen has no clue what he is talking about. Further, she suggests that he is delusional if he thinks he can achieve any of his goals, and that, he tends to party too much and say such positive things like," we are two months ahead of schedule". She went onto say that GS contacted many of MOBL's clients and most of them, fully 75%, say they are staying with MOBL's free start-up program for now. So how can BBRY complete against that?

Seriously, I decided to reach out to my contact at Goldman Sachs, a lead trader there at #WeRshortBBRY and he said that they actually had a large trade on BBRY and hoped to profit from it just like any other investor. Okay, that seemed fine so I went to the source of the decision who called out Chen, that's the lead underwriter for GS, #weRinneckdeepinMOBL and ***'ked if he knew of why they timed this research in the midst of a BBRY rally, he said," we don't talk to our research team, we follow our money". Okay, its hard to see any pattern in all of this, so GS must know something that John Chen doesn't, I'll report back when I know more. Got to buy some shares in something today, hummmn, what will I choose?
    03-09-15 10:42 AM
    @Morgan good reading sir

#BBFactCheck
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    03-09-15 10:57 AM
    I am more worried about the chart destruction. Anyone can tell me the implications if we close below 10?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:58 AM
    I'm the long and buy on dips guy. But this is the first time I feel like I should have sold out at 11 and waited for this typical pre earnings BS to drive the stock down then purchase it back.

8% of a GS report that also states Chen will get $460 million in software next year (so what if she's only off by 10% and Chen does hit his target)? And claims hardware margins will be super weak so it doesn't matter if it's a solid revenue generator? (this with Passport, Classic, Leap - all new devices that we now have high margins).

Total BS.
    03-09-15 11:03 AM
    Thank you Simona. Muaaaa. Kiss.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    03-09-15 11:04 AM
    I think it will recover to support line. Shaking out the weak hands. I'd like to see who bought a boatload of puts in the last couple of days and then cashed out this morning...
    03-09-15 11:05 AM
    Thanks GS for allowing me to buy a dip and lower my average a lot. Good thing I had money stashed in my investment account just for this scenario

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    03-09-15 11:16 AM
    Screw GS. Sold my PSVD and put into Jan 2017 12 strike calls.
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    03-09-15 11:16 AM
    Screw GS. Sold my PSVD and put into Jan 2017 12 strike calls.
    Okay! I think we know how you feel! LOL

I sold 10,000 HALO and I have an order in for a big block pennies from here. You know I'm ticked off when I sell a pharma to buy BBRY. We have support at $ 9.80/shr so now is as good as any time to take a stand. And we wait.
    03-09-15 11:25 AM
    Cheer up guys. Always keep some money stashed on the side

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    03-09-15 11:28 AM
    From Denninger

Giggle Of The Day: Goldman's SELL On BlackBerry

I have to chuckle at this one.

We think the success of BlackBerrys turnaround hinges on its ability to grow its Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) software business, where competitors include Mobile Iron, Airwatch (part of VMware (VMW)), and Good. BlackBerry has set a target of $500mn in Software segment revenues for FY16(Feb), up from $250mn in FY15. We expect it to fall well short of that target and model revenues of $426mn, for two reasons. First, our surveys show very low buying intentions for BlackBerrys EMM solution. Second, its target implies that it would leapfrog the market leaders in just one year, which we view as unlikely given the competitors much better traction (based on our survey). Meanwhile, we forecast below-consensus Service revenues (down 47% in FY16E). While we see significant upside in Hardware revenues, those are empty calories as they are not profitable. Thus, we see widening losses based on the shortfall in high-margin Software and Services revenues.

Hehehehe....

First, both Good and Mobile Iron are literal cash bonfires and have no other business with which to maintain their operations. Both are thus playing the old 1998 game of "E-before-anything-that's-an-actual-expense" game, in other words, the old burn rate computation nonsense.

We all know how that ended in 2000, and it will end that way again for firms that are doing the same thing. Further, neither are actual integrated solutions and thus both are reliant on pathways that are subject to weakness not under their control. In the physical world we call this security theater; in the cyber world we call this "hacked." Or, if you prefer, "apple crisp" -- hard on the outside, gooey on the inside, penetrable with the single tine of a fork.

Second, BlackBerry's hardware sales are profitable. Not as much as software, to be sure (which has a near 100% gross margin) but there's nothing supporting a claim that BlackBerry is selling hardware at a loss.

Next quarter's earnings are about three weeks out; the quarter has been closed. The Classic was late, and that may well impact revenues. However, Chen has thus far exceeded his targets in terms of reaching operating cash flow break-even, and you pay the bills with operating cash flow.

Goldman is also ignoring the recent Google partnership announcement. In my opinion this is a monstrous mistake. I suspect Google has figured out that it's not as easy as they originally thought making Android functionally secure; as I have noted for several years in this column the internal code in Android is, from my point of view, a god-awful mess. Recent revelations of potential integer-overflow problems in core system components that go back effectively to the inception of Android is just one example, as are similar problems found in Webkit, which is (unfortunately) used internally by apps and yet is not under their control nor can they do anything about a security problem present in that part of the base code.

This is where the BB10 security model and recent QNX hypervisor announcement wins, potentially big. Google needs an answer to the security problem on a forward basis as in my opinion it is just a matter of time before one of the "big hacks" that have been visited on corporations is traced to a mobile platform.

When that happens, and believe me, it will happen, the legal liability on at least a forward basis if not retrospectively will force older devices off corporate networks by the millions.

Google has no means of dealing with this at present and neither, really, does Apple.

I don't know if BlackBerry will be there with the answer when it happens, but they just well might. And while the Samsung partnership is interesting simply due to Samsung's size, that Google is interested in the same sort of partnership deal implies that there may well by a melding of the minds in the mobile security arena.

A QNX hypervisor implementation could provide hard compartmentalization, well beyond what is available now. I fully expect this to show up on devices well beyond the announced use in cars quite soon.

BlackBerry owns QNX.

PS: Goldman wouldn't have any sort of relationship with these competitors and thus have a reason to pump them and diss their competitors, would they? Naw, that would never happen....(damn you folks in the trading world are stupid; you can't even look back one month at the news?)

Giggle Of The Day: Goldman's SELL On BlackBerry in [Market-Ticker]
    03-09-15 11:49 AM
    call options are tanking hard today
    Perfect!

I've been waiting for this. I'm. Hoping that bbry is taken to $9

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:08 PM
    How come GS can commit fraud with a NATIONS' books (Greece) and get away with it? How many politicians DON'T get campaign donations from GS? Just some OT questions that suddenly popped into my head today for some reason...

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:14 PM
    03-09-15 12:18 PM
    Morgan Stanley mentioned nowhere in article. Just Today's GS downgrade. Though I'm sure MS downgrade is soon to follow.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    03-09-15 12:26 PM
    Wow, you go away for a couple of days and all heck breaks out! Now we have Simona Jankowski at #weGSheartMobl telling us that John Chen has no clue what he is talking about. Further, she suggests that he is delusional if he thinks he can achieve any of his goals, and that, he tends to party too much and say such positive things like," we are two months ahead of schedule". She went onto say that GS contacted many of MOBL's clients and most of them, fully 75%, say they are staying with MOBL's free start-up program for now. So how can BBRY complete against that?

Seriously, I decided to reach out to my contact at Goldman Sachs, a lead trader there at #WeRshortBBRY and he said that they actually had a large trade on BBRY and hoped to profit from it just like any other investor. Okay, that seemed fine so I went to the source of the decision who called out Chen, that's the lead underwriter for GS, #weRinneckdeepinMOBL and ***'ked if he knew of why they timed this research in the midst of a BBRY rally, he said," we don't talk to our research team, we follow our money". Okay, its hard to see any pattern in all of this, so GS must know something that John Chen doesn't, I'll report back when I know more. Got to buy some shares in something today, hummmn, what will I choose?
    Yeah, they know that they want to buy/cover shares. GS is infamous for crap like that.

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor and zyben like this.
    03-09-15 12:26 PM
    Wait, the SP is tanking because a lady (gender doesn't matter) from MS says something like:

"... [BlackBerrys] target implies that it would leapfrog the MARKET LEADERS in just one year, which we view as unlikely given the competitors’ much better traction " ???

As far as I know BlackBerry currently IS the market leader in EMM solutions, stronger than the competitors combined. Or did I miss something?
    03-09-15 12:36 PM
    Conspicuously missing from the report BS report, errr GS is the medical angle. We already know Nanthealth is integrating their systems thru H/box/peripherals and increasing their their footprint by further collaboration with AllScript. The data and management of devices will be secured under BES 12. Will this be enough to cover that shortfall that is claimed by the report.?

We also don't know the possibility of cars being managed in BES12. I haven't seen any announcement but Ford/SYNC3 may just be around the corner. I suspect they will given the hacking and malware plaguing millions of connected devices.

Then there's the Sammy and Google collaboration. Who knows what would come out of those.

Anyway, the report seems short sighted. The nice thing though is she is not predicting a funeral.
    Too tempted to buy now, but I would be averaging up if I do.
    03-09-15 12:42 PM
    Chen is 100% spot on with medical segment.
    Proof ?
    AppleConf, now.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png

Edit : 10 minutes for that topic alone ... self explanatory.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-09-15 at 01:40 PM.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, Bilaal and 11 others like this.
    03-09-15 01:22 PM
    03-09-15 01:34 PM
    first, i've been wanting to say that I highly doubt that cars will be managed by BES12 and am not investing in BB on that premise

second. i'm buying today! i expected this drop to come. it's happened after the last two pops.

the one thing i'm banking on is Chen's plan working. i hope we see revenue decline less in the upcoming ER. flat revenue would be great imo. i'm expecting growth in the next ER. if that doesn't happen then...well...things might take longer than expected to turn this ship around.
    03-09-15 01:35 PM
    I highly doubt that cars will be managed by BES12
    Consumer's ? Not 100% sure (car makers still have to maintain and run OTAs)
    Enterprises' ? Yes. Such a rationalization here.
    03-09-15 01:39 PM
    Just doubled my position.
    03-09-15 01:45 PM
    Just doubled my position.
    I concur with your sound investment and did likewise earlier. Bring on the profits.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    03-09-15 01:50 PM
    Just sold all my call option for jan 2016 12 dollar strike oh and i bought jan 2017 12 dollar strike price calls
    q649 likes this.
    03-09-15 01:54 PM
104,897 ... 32483249325032513252 ...