• Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    My conservative estimates:

Hardware revenue: 320 million USD
    Service revenue: 310 million USD
    Software revenue: 85 million USD

Total revenue: 715 million USD or 5 million USD in profit (non-GAAP)

Hopefully that would be our final low in revenue
    03-07-15 08:46 AM
    It is that time of the quarter again... Would anyone like to share their predictions for the upcoming quarter results? I remember Morgan grossly overestimated BlackBerry's ability to generate revenue last quarter... so I'd say this is a good time to claim his seat to the throne again It seems that this time around, supply is meeting demand as both the Passport and Classic seem to be in stock. So... who's up to the challenge?
    Well that hurts! LOL

I thought they sold 500,000 Passports and it appears they recognised only 150,000 or so. That's a huge difference in revenues isn't it. I think your numbers are pretty close so I can't add much to that. the only way I can "tie you" for the throne is to choose the exact same numbers so I'm saying what you said! LOL

The main thing is that they are selling new products across the board now so we don't care what phones are in the mix as we know they carry high margins and decent numbers. The big news will be conversations to BES12, now that info might get the stock rolling. We finished this week on a sour DOW Jones note with everything down on light volume. Nice to see Gold breaking down too so let's see what next week brings. GL everyone.
    03-07-15 08:57 AM
    Here is mine:

Better than the previous eight*...

(*may or may not be)

Lol

Classically Posted.
    03-07-15 08:57 AM
    BlackBerry Upgraded to Hold by Vetr Inc. (Temporarily I'm guessing)

This is the fifth upgrade/downgrade from these guys in less than a month.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-vetr.jpg
    03-07-15 09:03 AM
    I'm confident that once the markets get back to normal Everything's gonna be great !!
    03-07-15 09:04 AM
    I am completely blank to do with numbers.
    Chens financial engineering is too hard to anticipate.

I hope to see 7 million BES conversions, 2.3million devices and $800mil+ in revenue.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, La Emperor, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    03-07-15 09:33 AM
    BlackBerry Upgraded to Hold by Vetr Inc. (Temporarily I'm guessing)

This is the fifth upgrade/downgrade from these guys in less than a month.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vetr.JPG 
Views:	1703 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	339492
    A big wtf

#BBFactCheck
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-15 09:36 AM
    Just a thought but I really hope BlackBerry is developing BBM for the iwatch so it's available for download on launch day

Posted via CB10
    I hope they are and will have it ready for launch. It will bode well for them.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 10:10 AM
    More info about Vetr Inc.

Vetr is an investment research platform that delivers crowdsourced star ratings for stocks and provides access to investment insights from trusted sources for self-driven investors.
    https://www.vetr.com/about
    03-07-15 10:21 AM
    FWIW: We must have had a good number of activations lately as I see a slight bump in the graph. Believe it or not I've been checking this graph daily for the last few months ( since Dec, I think ) and it seems like we've bottomed at 1.2% in Feb. and are now standing at 1.22% in early March. Not hearing mega line ups at carrier stores in the US when Passport and Classic were launched, the slight bump could represent activations at corporate levels. If that is the case, next Q on device sales side would be much better. That would again match JC's comments.

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Usage Share
    03-07-15 11:16 AM
    BTW, if you change the parameters from the link above and monitor the mobile browser, it also shows a slight uptick.
    03-07-15 11:22 AM
    That would be annoying, imo. Particularly if you live in a condo.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I won't pay a penny more to have it use cell towes.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 12:35 PM
    It is that time of the quarter again... Would anyone like to share their predictions for the upcoming quarter results? I remember Morgan grossly overestimated BlackBerry's ability to generate revenue last quarter... so I'd say this is a good time to claim his seat to the throne again It seems that this time around, supply is meeting demand as both the Passport and Classic seem to be in stock. So... who's up to the challenge?
    Not really sure how to interpret the data. But thought it looked like a pretty slick website.

Estimize - BBRY
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-07-15 12:50 PM
    Hearty weekend boys. Everyone behaving I suppose.
    Here is a tib-bit that has the potential to be big:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300046258.html

Imagine self driving cars getting on board with QNX.
    Seems logical to go with the flow.

Edit: even mighty Apple realizes that their infotainment is a dud without QNX to underpin it, so it seems natural that if the iCar hits big, we will profit there too.

Oh! I realize that I go OT often, so here is a nice 5Yr. Chart I found for fodder:

Attachment 339548
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 03-07-15 at 01:50 PM.
    03-07-15 01:39 PM
    Hi all:

It has been a while since the last chart I posted. Here is an updated one.

- Something that we could notice as well is the price range (contraction) from each cycle, which the MACD indicator appears to reflect. It has become narrower from one cycle to another, which indicates that either the seller or the buyer has to give eventually. At the moment, I am not sure, whether this chart could be showing a ascending triangle (purple line as the top line in the extended daily chart) or a rising wedge (black line as the top line).

Extended daily:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-screen-shot-2014-12-16-5.25.31-am.png
    This one goes out to JLagoon and any other TA experts on this thread (Morganplus8 looking at you). From your more recent posts I see you seemed to have ruled out the Rising Wedge possibility. After doing some of my own highly novice TA I came across this Rising Wedge pattern. Since a Rising Wedge is not good what has made you focus on the Ascending Triangle only instead.

Also quick question for Morganplus8. Is there a name for the TA trend you've recognized. Thanks to all!
    laketrout73 likes this.
    03-07-15 02:03 PM
    And, by-the-by:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150307_121431_edit.png

Appears that shorters' are becoming more uncertain.
    03-07-15 02:21 PM
    Will the Typo settlement fit into this ER?

Believe that was a cool $860k...
    03-07-15 03:26 PM
    Will the Typo settlement fit into this ER?

Believe that was a cool $860k...
    I doubt they'd pay up so quick.
    03-07-15 04:17 PM
    Not really sure how to interpret the data. But thought it looked like a pretty slick website.

Estimize - BBRY
    Seems like BBRY has almost always beaten guidance/estimates from Wall St. and yet we tank after every earning call!!!
    So... maybe ... we are not bad when it comes to fiscal management but we are bad at PR (speaking confidently about our future growth etc.). If JC and company do a better job of telling a good story, we may avoid the pattern of tanking after ever ER.

Given that JC has already said that revenue etc. will bottom out this Q, I expect JC to talk-up / highlight potential growth for next Q.
    awindsr likes this.
    03-07-15 04:20 PM
    I doubt they'd pay up so quick.
    I think they get 10% off if they do....hehehe
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    03-07-15 04:49 PM
    The 80 million or so should show in this qtr from the rockstar sale I hope

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 05:24 PM
    Hey Dave, I sent you a PM. Nothing urgent, but would love to hear your opinion. Cheers!
    03-07-15 06:01 PM
    The cold season here has been rather extended this year, looking forward to coming Spring and a warm up because of our BB investments. Long wait merits a reward.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-spring-move-over.jpg
    Last edited by rarsen; 03-07-15 at 08:08 PM.
    cjcampbell, Corbu, 3MIKE and 14 others like this.
    03-07-15 07:16 PM
    This one goes out to JLagoon and any other TA experts on this thread (Morganplus8 looking at you). From your more recent posts I see you seemed to have ruled out the Rising Wedge possibility. After doing some of my own highly novice TA I came across this Rising Wedge pattern. Since a Rising Wedge is not good what has made you focus on the Ascending Triangle only instead.

Also quick question for Morganplus8. Is there a name for the TA trend you've recognized. Thanks to all!
    Hi Heinz Katchup

I did the chart in your quote on December 16, 2014. Let's use the updated one here, so we can see more data. One out of few reasons to accept an ascending triangle, instead of a rising wedge, is based on the volume trend for each up and down wave. With ascending triangle, we see more volume, when the SP rises (green areas), and less volume when the SP falls (pink areas). Rising wedge volume trend is the reverse.

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-screen-shot-2015-03-08-4.12.23-pm.jpg
    03-08-15 03:29 PM
    Hi Heinz Katchup

I did the chart in your quote on December 16, 2014. Let's use the updated one here, so we can see more data. One out of few reasons to accept an ascending triangle, instead of a rising wedge, is based on the volume trend for each up and down wave. With ascending triangle, we see more volume, when the SP rises (green areas), and less volume when the SP falls (pink areas). Rising wedge volume trend is the reverse.

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-screen-shot-2015-03-08-4.12.23-pm-3-.jpg
    Thanks JLagoon! That makes sense to me and I feel more confident in my investment based on your TA.

I was originally bullish (and now am again) on the ascending triangle and just happened upon the rising wedge tutorial in my research. Saw some similarities and thought that can't be good.

Looks like you do your charts through TradingView is that correct? Care to share your other reasons for accepting the ascending triangle? If not I totally understand you wanting to keep some tricks of your trade secret. Thanks!
    03-08-15 03:47 PM
106,805 ... 32463247324832493250 ...