View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Man... BBC's Rory Cellan-Jones brief interview with JC... who manages to keep his cool. Well done!
    BBC News - Blackberry chief wants to persevere with smartphones
    That reporter is trying to create a news. Waisted all of his time pushing one dirty question which has been answered many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times by john chen.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    03-03-15 09:19 PM
    That slider better have high end specs.

Posted via CB10
    Full landscape, curved glass and a slider that exposes that glorious keyboard....
    They don't have any choice other than to pimp that ride.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:30 PM
    That reporter is trying to create a news. Waisted all of his time pushing one dirty question which has been answered many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times by john chen.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    Typical British news, if he don't like what the real story, make one up and then and then try to force the words out of some one else's mouth in order to support that story.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, La Emperor and sidhuk like this.
    03-03-15 09:59 PM
    Chen said the passport has done really well, and the Classic is new so give it time.

I'm curious about those passport numbers. Could they be accounting for sell through of 500K in the Q + sell through of 300K Classics?

Chen already hinted today that generating cash will be a trend, with revenue stabilizing....that bodes well for March 27th. If revenue is stable to higher this Q, EPS is +, and forecast of a good increase in software for next Q and giving a number of BES licenses that are paying into the pot....it could be very good.

I think the stock is going to sit around $11 for two weeks and then trend up 4% to mid 11s the week of earnings.

I'm not expecting much.
    morganplus8, rarsen, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    03-03-15 11:20 PM
    OT: Mobile Security related.

Apple, Android browsers may have been vulnerable to hackers #CTVNews
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/apple...kers-1.2262915

SAN FRANCISCO -- Millions of people may have been left vulnerable to hackers while surfing the web on Apple and Google devices, thanks to a newly discovered security flaw known as "FREAK attack."

There's no evidence any hackers have exploited the weakness, which companies are working to repair. Researchers who reported the problem this week blamed an old government policy, abandoned several years ago, which required U.S. software-makers to use weaker security in encryption programs sold overseas.

Many popular websites and some Internet browsers can still be tricked into accepting the weaker software. That could make it easier for hackers to break encryption that's supposed to prevent digital eavesdropping when a visitor types sensitive information into a website. Apple and Google say they're distributing software updates to fix the flaw.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:15 AM
    OT: Watching House of Cards newest season, ALOT of apple products showing but kevin spacey looks like he is using a Z10
    03-04-15 01:13 AM
    Special Request please:
    Hi Morgan and all:

Sorry, I couldn't reply earlier. I see that CJ got the 3 minute chart on March 2 nicely. That day had a nice ascending triangle, which, almost actually, resolved textbook style.

Here are my updated charts with some interesting notes, especially on the weekly chart. A few points as mentioned on the charts:
    - Mini downtrend inside the big ascending triangle.
    - Support until ER is around $10.11 to $10.37.
    - MA200 has been in alignment with the main support line--strong support.
    - When / if the big ascending triangle resolves, the projection is to reach $16.80.
    - Golden cross is about to appear on the weekly chart, and volume is drying up as we approach the edge of the ascending triangle. And more good news and positive projection of fundamentals help.

3 minute chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-03-04-2.21.04-am.jpg

Daily chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-03-04-2.18.44-am.jpg

Weekly chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-03-04-2.14.59-am.jpg
    03-04-15 02:11 AM
    OT: Watching House of Cards newest season, ALOT of apple products showing but kevin spacey looks like he is using a Z10
    Yes it appears Apples PR people have been really busy getting thier phone in high security TV shows. I watch State of Affairs a show about the CIA/White House and they show everybody using i5's. I'm like "really i5 for top level ultra secret work" B.S ..
    Thank god the creators of Madam Secretary alteast show White House staff using BB.
    3MIKE likes this.
    03-04-15 06:32 AM
    Yes it appears Apples PR people have been really busy getting thier phone in high security TV shows. I watch State of Affairs a show about the CIA/White House and they show everybody using i5's. I'm like "really i5 for top level ultra secret work" B.S ..
    Thank god the creators of Madam Secretary alteast show White House staff using BB.
    Looks like a noticable bunch of Windows phones. Fewer BlackBerry phones. Yah what is Frank using. Should be an old BlackBerry for the Prez!

Posted with my flash Passport
    03-04-15 06:55 AM
    @jlagoon thanks for the insight

#BBFactCheck
    03-04-15 06:56 AM
    BlackBerry should provide House of Cards its newer devices! I know they are not consumer oriented anymore..But a bit of advertising never hurts!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-04-15 07:19 AM
    JLagoon - Your three charts are fantastic! This time, the three levels of detail seem particularly interesting as a set. I almost felt goose-flesh when I saw that ascending triangle in the context of the weekly chart -- combined with the pent-up MACD pressure around both golden crosses.... Looks like the spring is wound tight. Thanks for offering your analysis.
    morganplus8, Corbu, lech31 and 8 others like this.
    03-04-15 07:39 AM
    Sprint Corp Teams Up With BlackBerry Ltd To Offer BES 12 Services To Enterprise Users

"By: LARRY DARRELL
    Published: Mar 4, 2015 at 6:26 am EST

Sprint Corp (NYSE:S) has partnered up with BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY), and will be offering the Canadian smartphone manufacturer’s BES12 enterprise mobility management solutions to enterprise users.

The carrier will also be offering BBM Meetings, BlackBerry Blend services, and BBM Protected to enterprise users. The companies made the announcement at the Mobile World Congress in Spain earlier this week.

BES 12 or BlackBerry Enterprise Service is the latest version of the company’s highly acclaimed enterprise management solutions. BlackBerry is known for its secure enterprise grade management solutions, and has primarily catered to governments and large businesses. As part of its turnaround strategy, it has once again shifted focus to catering to these core users.

BlackBerry, which once ruled the smartphone market in the US, has seen its market share shrink drastically, and is in need of a turnaround. The deal will allow the company to grow the user base of BES users, while allowing Sprint to offer more services to enterprise users.

The new BES12 is capable of running on all operating platforms, including iOS, Android, and even Windows Phones. The system can also be accessed through the cloud, making it easier for small and medium sized businesses to afford it.

The move will allow Sprint to increase its enterprise customer base, a market that has so far been dominated by AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) and Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ)."
    morganplus8, rarsen, jxnb and 14 others like this.
    03-04-15 07:53 AM
    BlackBerry should provide House of Cards its newer devices! I know they are not consumer oriented anymore..But a bit of advertising never hurts!

Posted via CB10
    The Last Man Standing show has the red passport advertising almost every episode. Tim Allen is doing a great job at showing that beast every time. Lots of air time the red passport gets, let's keep it going.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bbjdog; 03-04-15 at 08:41 AM.
    03-04-15 08:29 AM
    03-04-15 08:34 AM
    OT: Mobile Security related.

Apple, Android browsers may have been vulnerable to hackers #CTVNews
    Apple, Android browsers may have been vulnerable to hackers | CTV News

SAN FRANCISCO -- Millions of people may have been left vulnerable to hackers while surfing the web on Apple and Google devices, thanks to a newly discovered security flaw known as "FREAK attack."

There's no evidence any hackers have exploited the weakness, which companies are working to repair. Researchers who reported the problem this week blamed an old government policy, abandoned several years ago, which required U.S. software-makers to use weaker security in encryption programs sold overseas.

Many popular websites and some Internet browsers can still be tricked into accepting the weaker software. That could make it easier for hackers to break encryption that's supposed to prevent digital eavesdropping when a visitor types sensitive information into a website. Apple and Google say they're distributing software updates to fix the flaw.

Posted via CB10
    N4BB is reporting that the BB10 Browser in the most recent 10.3.1.2267 is also vulnerable to this attack.

https://n4bb.com/blackberry-10-vulne...ppling-attack/
    03-04-15 09:16 AM
    Nanthealth Terminates North American Agreement with Toumaz, maker of SensiumVitals wireless monitoring system. Could it be to make way for the HBox and peripherals they co-developed with Blackberry? Remember a lot of the legacy medical systems already run QNX in its DNA so having HBox to route and encrypt the info they generate makes sense. Although I'm not in the healhtcare industry myself, this is really exiting from the technological point of view.

CORRECT (Mar 3): Toumaz Terminates North American Distribution Deal With NantHealth - Finance News - London South East

Sensium Vitals Overview
    SensiumVitals� Markets | Sensium Healthcare

This is what Hbox does.
    NantHealth?s remote monitoring hub HBox adds BlackBerry security | mobihealthnews
    03-04-15 09:49 AM
    03-04-15 10:42 AM
    03-04-15 10:59 AM
    Slow Day
    OT: BAC
    Morgan or any of our TA experts can you provide a quick analysis on how BAC has been trading? I bought in around its low and everything seems like it's starting a new downtrend MACD is negative but i'm also seeing RSI going near oversold and BB are tightening, looking back at the chart every time the BB tightens there is either a major move up or down. So just for learning here do you guys see a prolong downtrend or just a minor set back? my worry is that the 50 MA is approaching the 200 MA which I don't like to see. I'm waiting to here from the FED as well because if they announce interest rate increase then that will benefit the financial sector so seeing what I should do here. Much thanks!
    03-04-15 11:36 AM
    Definitely my next device!!!!
    Glad didn't buy the Passport now

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:47 AM
    Not sure if posted before, sorry if it was.
    3850 mAH (PP is 3450) ... woha !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    *source : BlackBerry unveils new BlackBerry 10 slider Smartphone
    03-04-15 12:33 PM
    03-04-15 12:35 PM

Wonder how this is going to be priced. The whisper on the GS6 Edge is it's going to cost about US$1000.00 off contract, whats this going to cost? Time to start saving my pennies!
    03-04-15 12:37 PM

Unless this is like a 6.0+ inch display device the battery has to be wrong. For reference the Note 4 and Nexus both have 3220mAH batteries. And the unveiling pic looks like its low profile.
    03-04-15 12:44 PM
113,251 ... 32403241324232433244 ...