View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Hi guys, I'm glad to read all these news.
    BES is 'now' a gold standard in agnostic EMM world.
    A sub $200 device with matching specs is on its way.
    ER is coming...
    We should finally have some action pretty soon.

Unfortunately, I'll be in unexpected circumstances on Friday (adding one more flight to my already-long trip back from Cancun) but I'm sure you guys will do a fantastic job here, as usual !
    Let's remember we should neither trumpet nor overreact to those which will certainly come here and threw told-you-so's.
    Stand quiet, I'm sure we can count on the mod team (and kill-kill Bla1ze lol) to cleanup the trash and temper fever, if any.
    But this won't happen, will it ?

OT as mentioned before, I can confirm BlackBerry Travel is a jewel...
    Already two major notifications about delay and boarding doors.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150226_105726.png

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:45 AM
    Short Film on BlackBerry Industrial Designer Joseph Hofer [VIDEO]

Short Film on BlackBerry Industrial Designer Joseph Hofer [VIDEO] | Inside BlackBerry
    Corbu, kadakn01, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    02-26-15 11:59 AM
    OT

UK searchers crushed Samsung 5G tests (7.5Gb/s) with an amazing 1 Tb/s (that's 125 GB or +/- 2.5 blue ray disks ... per second ! ). Talk about the power of IoT at this speed...
    (in French, but you now know how to handle this ! )
    http://www.01net.com/editorial/64703...n-une-seconde/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-01-15 at 11:26 AM.
    La Emperor, rarsen, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    02-26-15 12:00 PM
    This Google partnership is really meaningless, every competitor was given the same seal of approval. The real reason BBRY is up last couple of days is simply this google partnership reminded the market that some big news could potentially be announced next week at MWC. If nothing special is announced, or the new iconic device isn't very disruptive then I'm pretty sure we head back to high 9's or low 10's.
    kfh227 and gg22 like this.
    02-26-15 12:13 PM
    This Google partnership is really meaningless, every competitor was given the same seal of approval. The real reason BBRY is up last couple of days is simply this google partnership reminded the market that some big news could potentially be announced next week at MWC. If nothing special is announced, or the new iconic device isn't very disruptive then I'm pretty sure we head back to high 9's or low 10's.
    Mostly agree. Although today's action may be due to loose lips regarding MWC reveal.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-26-15 12:36 PM
    I wouldn't be too sure about that drop in SP. We just had the Embedded Systems Conference, where QNX and all its partner were in full gear for IoT future and the Lake Institute Impact Forum where Chen and Shiong are guest speakers. The latter is by invitation only. Makes you wonder why other bigger players in the tech field ( where BBRY is competing ) are not in the list. Shiong probably will be pitching his Internet of Medical Things along with Chen during this portion "Drawing a Blueprint for Innovation Clusters in the 21st Century" ....maybe they already did hence the spike in SP...

Event Overview - Lake Nona Impact Forum
    rarsen, Andy_bb_king, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    02-26-15 12:51 PM
    The Verge saying something that I interpret as positive regarding BBRY and Android for Work - even categorizing BES a leader:

Google wants its billion-plus Android users to bring their phones to work | The Verge

"BlackBerry's partnership with Google is particularly notable, as the company's BlackBerry Exchange Server is still seen as a leader in the security space, even as its devices are less and less relevant to consumers. Working with Google could be an important step to keeping BES a leader, and it's not entirely surprising BlackBerry partnered with Samsung late last year to help beef up Knox security. Now, all Android at Work users could benefit from the new partnership, not just Samsung users (assuming their company users BES)."
    La Emperor, sidhuk, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    02-26-15 12:51 PM
    Mostly agree. Although today's action may be due to loose lips regarding MWC reveal.

Posted via CB10
    I sold some this morning. i for one want sale price to come back to 10 or under 10 bucks. before it goes up.
    ZayDub and BlackistheBerry like this.
    02-26-15 01:01 PM
    One of our big supporters has passed.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...sh-dies-at-109

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 9 others like this.
    02-26-15 01:24 PM
    I sold some this morning. i for one want sale price to come back to 10 or under 10 bucks. before it goes up.
    Not sure you will get this , I have a feeling we will jump after MWC. If we can hold it thats another story
    02-26-15 01:39 PM
    Not sure you will get this , I have a feeling we will jump after MWC. If we can hold it thats another story
    still holding lots by my standard.
    02-26-15 01:43 PM
    still holding lots by my standard.
    I personally own some call options , 12 strike jan 2016 expiry. Im looking to sell theses on the next pop and wait for a dip to repurchase some 12 strike jan 2017 calls. The chances of me timing it right are slim lol but we will see
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-26-15 01:57 PM
    “I prefer to be slow and steady,” Kahn said in a 2014 interview with the U.K. Telegraph. “I study companies and think about what they might return over, say, four or five years. If a stock goes down, I have time to weather the storm, maybe buy more at the lower price. If my arguments for the investment haven’t changed, then I should like the stock even more when it goes down.”
    lech31, rarsen, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    02-26-15 02:09 PM
    Me too

Always have some tied up in another account though.
    Only do this trading thing to bring my average price down. Pretty soon, my average price will be in the negative!!!
    sidhuk, La Emperor and spike12 like this.
    02-26-15 02:56 PM
    I said this before and I'll say it again, BlackBerry Blend has the potential to be as big as BBM was in 2009.
    02-26-15 03:32 PM
    I said this before and I'll say it again, BlackBerry Blend has the potential to be as big as BBM was in 2009.
    I guess we are lucky they didn't launch blend in 2020 lol
    02-26-15 03:36 PM
    02-26-15 03:45 PM
    For those who've been around this thread for a long time -- and/or been shareholders -- this news will be interesting. Someone has now been arrested for leaking information about Blackberry sales to a financial services firm, Detwiler Fenton, leading to the stock price tanking. This was back mainly in 2013 but extends even further back. Finally, a little justice. Hopefully some more bad-actors will get theirs in the days ahead, too.
    Boston firm Detwiler Fenton at center of criminal case over Blackberry sales data - Boston Business Journal
    02-26-15 04:07 PM
    For those who've been around this thread for a long time -- and/or been shareholders -- this news will be interesting. Someone has now been arrested for leaking information about Blackberry sales to a financial services firm, Detwiler Fenton, leading to the stock price tanking. This was back mainly in 2013 but extends even further back. Finally, a little justice. Hopefully some more bad-actors will get theirs in the days ahead, too.
    Boston firm Detwiler Fenton at center of criminal case over Blackberry sales data - Boston Business Journal
    I hope it's not just a slap on the hand. a few charges and will he keeps his job or find another job and does he same thing

#BBFactCheck
    jxnb and CDM76 like this.
    02-26-15 04:27 PM
    From the original complaint put forward by BlackBerry in 2013 and the classic 'more returns than sales' line:

BlackBerry (BBRY) is very unhappy with Detwiler Fenton analyst Jeff Johnston. The company is accusing Johnston of making false claims about BlackBerry Z10 return rates in the U.S. and it plans to ask regulators in both the United States and Canada to launch a formal investigation into the matter. Johnston on Thursday claimed that “key retail partners have seen a significant increase in Z10 returns to the point where, in several cases, returns are now exceeding sales, a phenomenon we have never seen before.” BlackBerry Chief Legal Officer Steve Zipperstein says that these claims are “materially false and misleading” and says that they were “deliberately purveyed for the purpose of influencing the markets.”
    BlackBerry will ask regulators to investigate analyst who made false return rate claims
    02-26-15 04:29 PM
    you had to bring up the brown shoes again...
    lol
    Good one, jxnb!

We all remember that episode well.

Dunham has been charged with mail fraud and wire fraud.
    James Dunham, the former chief operating officer of Connecticut company Wireless Zone, allegedly secretly provided the information to Detwiler for more than three years. In exchange, Detwiler paid Dunham $2,000 per month, for a total of approximately $61,000, according to a criminal complaint lodged in federal court.
    I would hope Detwiler Fenton get more than a token reprimand... But I doubt it, somehow!

Context:
    BlackBerry seeking US and Canadian review of false return rate claims | CrackBerry.com
    What?s really going on with Detwiler?s false accusations, and how BlackBerry is handling it beautifully | CrackBerry.com
    you had to bring up the brown shoes again...
    lol
    Right. Now, back to the real important stuff:
    Navy suit with brown shoes ...how light is too light (brown)?
    lech31, rarsen, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    02-26-15 04:34 PM
    Nice ! Still waiting on both my Z30 and ShopBlackberry.com unlocked Q10. Both on Telus in Alberta. But it's ok, these devices kickbutt as is

Posted via CB10
    You're gonna get it now !!
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-15 04:49 PM
    Evidence that large short positions are indicative of material underlying issues. As an investor I seek to understand and rationalize the entire short thesis.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:56 PM
107,450 ... 32243225322632273228 ...