View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    10 things to start your week on a positive BlackBerry note: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/top-t...pany-jim-opfer

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, W Hoa, 3MIKE and 7 others like this.
    02-23-15 05:29 AM
    One more PP review: http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile...berry-passport
    They all help...and the comments are hilarious.

Classically Posted.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 02-23-15 at 06:51 AM.
    bungaboy, awindsr, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    02-23-15 05:34 AM
    In the blink of an eye... AT&T had the Passport back in stock online Sunday and it is now out of stock online again.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 02-23-15 at 06:37 AM.
    02-23-15 05:42 AM
    I found this rather amusing from Gizmodo UK's Apps of the Week article

The Week's Best Android, iPhone, iPad, and Windows Phone Apps

Big news happening this week, since BlackBerry has started rolling out the update that will let BlackBerry users (who didn't buy the BlackBerry Classic) download apps from the Amazon app store.

So, our weekly round-ups are now suddenly relevant to an extra couple of million people. Welcome BlackBerry users! You actually have some decent support from apps developers now.
    02-23-15 07:06 AM
    02-23-15 07:27 AM
    BlackBerry making security a source of competitive advantage in the IofT:
    http://ebooks.capgemini-consulting.c...dex.html#page1

Classically Posted.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    02-23-15 08:13 AM
    Hey, now that Stocks is no longer working under 10.3.1, what are you guys using to keep tabs on BBRY ?!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:33 AM
    Hey, now that Stocks is no longer working under 10.3.1, what are you guys using to keep tabs on BBRY ?!

Posted via CB10
    Seems fine to me

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150223_084320.png

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:44 AM
    Don't understand because I don't have any problems with my Stocks app. Yes I am a frequent user of the Stocks app.
    02-23-15 10:46 AM
    There should be an update in blackberry world for stocks.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-23-15 11:01 AM
    Seems fine to me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150223_084320.png 
Views:	1382 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	336267

Posted via CB10
    Could it be because I am running an old version? Look at what I am getting...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150223_121655.png

Posted via CB10

** edit: I was indeed on an old version. Weird thing is that I was not getting the update notification in BlackBerry world under my apps. Needed to go directly under Stocks in BlackBerry world to see the update option. I am BACK!! Thank you
    02-23-15 11:17 AM
    In the blink of an eye... AT&T had the Passport back in stock online Sunday and it is now out of stock online again.
    This really pis?es me off. This is prime time to be selling tons. Should have virtually unlimited amount avail online and if sell more than the expected levels people she get a message (email) saying the wait time will be longer than normal and can cancel if so desire. Wonder how many ppl just said "ah f it. If they not going to supply it I not buying it.". Gives in store reps more ammo to say "BlackBerry sucks anyway" even though it's not BlackBerry's issue ....well not directly.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:59 AM
    02-23-15 12:04 PM
    QNX:
    Embedded World 2015
    Starting tomorrow
    On Q: Bend it, shape it, any way you want it
    Last edited by Corbu; 02-23-15 at 12:18 PM.
    02-23-15 12:07 PM
    Not sure if this has been posted before. My apologies if it has. Article was dated a few weeks ago.

NantHealth CEO on world’s first cancer genome browser
    IDG Connect � NantHealth CEO on world?s first cancer genome browser

Something I found interesting with Shiong replying to the question.
    Do you have plans to roll out any more products in the near future?

“Yes we are working on what we call a revolutionary mobile device which is basically a platform of a product in which your medical records which include your x-rays and genome could be captured in the form of a card that you can keep in your pocket in a very secure fashion,” Shiong says. “So we will probably be announcing more of that through the course of this year. I would say that within the next six to nine months you’ll see that evolve. We think that will be one of the exciting secure ways of transporting medical information.”
    Corbu, 3MIKE, theRock1975 and 12 others like this.
    02-23-15 12:21 PM
    This really pis?es me off. This is prime time to be selling tons. Should have virtually unlimited amount avail online
    They have restocked and are selling online again. Consumers are, however, limited to 5.
    02-23-15 12:45 PM
    This really pis?es me off. This is prime time to be selling tons. Should have virtually unlimited amount avail online and if sell more than the expected levels people she get a message (email) saying the wait time will be longer than normal and can cancel if so desire. Wonder how many ppl just said "ah f it. If they not going to supply it I not buying it.". Gives in store reps more ammo to say "BlackBerry sucks anyway" even though it's not BlackBerry's issue ....well not directly.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, I can see your frustration on this issue....but.... a profitable supply chain is a fine balancing act in this day and age.

Remember the Z10? Remember the excitement behind it, the first BB10 device, etc.... where they stocked this mofo like mad in anticipation.... to only end up sitting on unsold stock which inevitably led to a massive write down. This was a lot more devastating in comparison.

JC and the gang vouched to never have that issue again, so naturally, now selling smartly (not gambling). This should not be looked at as an inability on their part, it should be looked as a calculated move where they are trying to be as careful as possible and planning to have the "good" kind of problem as opposed to an massive irreversible mistake.
    02-23-15 01:13 PM
    You need to update in on BlackBerry World. I did it and it worked.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 01:46 PM
    The Z10 situation is not the current situation. If things are selling out every five seconds, it means BlackBerry aren't getting their estimates right. Yes, it's better than having a billion dollars of stock in your lap, but it's not good either. The things just came out. It's reasonable to say that BlackBerry should have way more available. It's not like they are estimating only a few hundred of the things will sell, is it?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-23-15 01:54 PM
    The Z10 situation is not the current situation. If things are selling out every five seconds, it means BlackBerry aren't getting their estimates right. Yes, it's better than having a billion dollars of stock in your lap, but it's not good either. The things just came out. It's reasonable to say that BlackBerry should have way more available. It's not like they are estimating only a few hundred of the things will sell, is it?

Posted via CB10
    Regardless of inventory, I think BlackBerry should accept back-orders and provide an estimated ship-date. If there is no inventory, sure, let me still place an order and say "order will ship on X date, as a token of whatever, we'll upgrade your shipping to overnight shipping for free".
    02-23-15 02:11 PM
    Again my apologies if already posted before. Great discussion during the Forbes Helathcare Summit 2014.

The vision of Patrick S. and the future of global healthcare delivery with the help of Blackberry Technology.
    02-23-15 03:11 PM
    Regardless of inventory, I think BlackBerry should accept back-orders and provide an estimated ship-date. If there is no inventory, sure, let me still place an order and say "order will ship on X date, as a token of whatever, we'll upgrade your shipping to overnight shipping for free".
    Yes, that would be better. At first, these sellouts were sexy and exciting, but they need to get it sorted out now, because we all it's not due to mind blowing figures. Still, compared to a year ago, things look far, far better.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 03:52 PM
    Things are looking far better because of how they are managing their costs. Not Building excess inventory is part of that.

Chrysaurora's suggestion for dealing with backorders is a "nice" suggestion, I agree, but I don't think supplying cell phones is based on 'build to order' like Dell does with their pc model.

To have inventory one day, then to sell out, and then to have inventory again the next day (as posted above) makes me ask:
    Does AT&T order through DCs perhaps? Is the inventory vendor managed?

I personally do not know the logistics.
    But I would not build excess inventory.

The select fan base(this board for example) sees this item as a success, but lets face it, the masses are still not aware of it. Most still think BB is not even in business.

My guess is that the sell outs that were initially established back in September (online and select carriers/distributors) were from people in the know and die hard BB customers. This still does not provide an accurate estimate imo on how well the product will be received through a major US carrier considering what has happened in the US.........and so no need to build excess inventory.

Rather have a product in demand, than not wanted.
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 02-23-15 at 08:30 PM.
    02-23-15 04:28 PM
    Things are looking far better because of how they are managing their costs. Building excess inventory is part of that.

Chrysaurora's suggestion for dealing with backorders is a "nice" suggestion, I agree, but I don't think supplying cell phones is based on 'build to order' like Dell does with their pc model.

To have inventory one day, then to sell out, and then to have inventory again the next day (as posted above) makes me ask:
    Does AT&T order through DCs perhaps? Is the inventory vendor managed?

I personally do not know the logistics.
    But I would not build excess inventory.

The select fan base(this board for example) sees this item as a success, but lets face it, the masses are still not aware of it. Most still think BB is not even in business.

My guess is that the sell outs that were initially established back in September (online and select carriers/distributors) were from people in the know and die hard BB customers. This still does not provide an accurate estimate imo on how well the product will be received through a major US carrier considering what has happened in the US.........and so no need to build excess inventory.

Rather have a product in demand, than not wanted.
    Either way you slice it or serve it, a sellout means a miscalculation. Frequent and numerous sellouts mean frequent and numerous miscalculations. That's just common sense. If course it's better than the Z10 fiasco, but we seem to be dealing with pretty moderate numbers. If I have a corner shop, and I keep stocking two bottles of ketchup, and they keep selling out, I don't need to go and buy a million bottles of ketchup, but stocking 4-5 bottles regularly makes more sense than continuing to stock two bottles at any given time. If all of a sudden sales drop, I am still going to sell the extra ketchup, and I'm protected from customers popping in and leaving to go elsewhere just because I didn't have what they wanted when they wanted it.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:37 PM
    Things are looking far better because of how they are managing their costs. Building excess inventory is part of that.

I think you meant just-in-time manufacturing? Build-to-order would imply customizing phone specification based on individual orders.
    And, yes, BB indeed uses just-in-time manufacturing. I used to work for them, I know
    In any case, I wasn't suggesting for BlackBerry to manufacture single devices. But instead accept "back-orders" instead of turning away customers by showing out-of-stock message.

If BlackBerry does a manufacturing run every 2 weeks, then it can put that on website "Your order is currently back-ordered and will be shipped in <estimated date based on next manufacturing run> and will be upgraded to free overnight shipping".
    ZayDub, spike12, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    02-23-15 04:47 PM
113,250 ... 32153216321732183219 ...