View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sorry for the multiple OT postings this morning, guys but I had to post this, as a follow-up of sorts to the earlier WSJ piece:
    Apple Ranks as China?s Most Desirable Luxury Brand - Digits - WSJ

Apple appears to know the secret for capturing the hearts of Chinese customers.

In China, iPhones not only outsold all other smartphones in the fourth quarter, it also beat Louis Vuitton and Herm�s to become the most preferred gift choice among the country’s richest this year, according to China-based luxury publishing group Hurun Research.

While the Chinese government’s crackdown on luxury gifts has weighed on the country’s spending on luxury goods, it also changed the spending habit of China’s wealthy people who now prefer more practical items like iPhones and watches, said the publishing group.

“The upcoming Chinese New Year would be the peak of gift giving in China…..Apple has become the most eye-catching gift brand this year,” Hurun Research said in a statement.

Apple’s South Korean rival Samsung also entered the top ten luxury gift brand choice for the first time as China’s wealthy people are now more interested in consumer electronics.

“Apple’s positioning in Chinese consumers’ minds is getting stronger. Apple Watch should definitely benefit from this position,” said Neil Shah, analyst at Hong Kong-based Counterpoint research.

While there is no doubt that Apple has done an excellent job of brand building in China, the technology company still has lots of room to grow in Central and Western China where the wealthy respondents told Hurun Research that they don’t have much passion for Apple’s products.

Apple currently operates 15 retail stores in China and more than half of them are located in Beijing, Shanghai and other coastal areas.

Apple declined to comment on the Hurun report.

Best Brand for Men Gifts

Ranking Brand
    1 Apple
    2 Louis Vuitton
    3 Gucci
    4 Chanel
    5 Montblanc
    6 Moutai
    7 Herm�s
    8 Cartier
    9 Bulgari
    10 Samsung

Best Brand for Women Gifts

1 Apple
    2 Chanel
    3 Louis Vuitton
    4 Dior
    5 Herm�s
    6 Cartier
    7 Tiffany
    8 Giorgio Armani
    9 Samsung
    10 Gucci

Source: Hurun’s Chinese Luxury Consumer Survey 2015
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    02-02-15 10:51 AM
    Sorry for the multiple OT postings this morning, guys but I had to post this, as a follow-up of sorts to the earlier WSJ piece:
    Did they only survey women?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 11:19 AM
    Wow. Wondering who they partner with

#BBFactCheck
    ConnectedDrive works on top of QNX. The problem isn't that QNX is insecure but that automakers build their own systems on top of a secure system, in this case allowing communication to ConnectedDrive without using encryption. Perhaps stories like this will persuade some automakers to take advantage of QNX Car instead of just Neutrino.
    02-02-15 12:33 PM
    Did they only survey women?

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking the same thing. I am curious what kind of men wish for Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel, and Hermes? I buy these things occasionally, but never for myself. LOL
    02-02-15 12:54 PM
    02-02-15 01:03 PM
    One month till the 2015 device announcement, and still no leaks?!? I want to know what's coming!

Posted via CB10
    Trust me. So do the shorts.
    02-02-15 01:07 PM
    He had been gone a while but had a no compete clause that must have just expired recently

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 01:19 PM
    ConnectedDrive works on top of QNX. The problem isn't that QNX is insecure but that automakers build their own systems on top of a secure system, in this case allowing communication to ConnectedDrive without using encryption. Perhaps stories like this will persuade some automakers to take advantage of QNX Car instead of just Neutrino.
    I think they are. Neutrino is the core OS. I think QNX Car2 is the suite of all the GUI modules. Assuming CAR2 is bulletproof (which I doubt it is), allowing auto manufacturers to do their custom code using the GUI tools still allows the introduction of security flaws.

Security is hard, and very few (as a percentage of programmer population) are properly trained in how to program securely. I have no support for these comments, but I find it hard to believe otherwise.
    02-02-15 01:22 PM
    It looks like maybe we'll have a repeat of last week. The shorts are going to try hard to push the stock price down, the mysterious buyers will come in and buy up that cheap stock and the shorts will find themselves in an even worse situation.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-02-15 01:35 PM
    i think he left last year in November or before.
    BlackBerry exec Alec Saunders to leave company - FierceWireless

"Saunders confirmed his departure in a post on his personal blog. "As you know, times and business circumstances change," he wrote. "Sometime between now and November 3 will be my last day at BlackBerry and QNX."
    02-02-15 01:39 PM
    It looks like maybe we'll have a repeat of last week. The shorts are going to try hard to push the stock price down, the mysterious buyers will come in and buy up that cheap stock and the shorts will find themselves in an even worse situation.

Posted via CB10
    Dunno about that. They seem to know more than us. Sickening actually

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 02:25 PM
    Dunno about that. They seem to know more than us. Sickening actually

Posted via CB10
    That's what they would like you to believe, but they don't. The lack of information coming out of Blackberry lately must be pretty unsettling for them right now.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 02:37 PM
    Who is "Huron's" ? Is this a long time widely acknowledged survey, or a survey sponsored by Apple? Reminds me of the 'lab report' that said iMessage was close to best of breed and secure/encrypted and rated only specific requirements that clearly favoured Apple, while leaving other more important requirements off the scoring list.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    02-02-15 03:03 PM
    When do you guys think the shorts will actually, like, really, get burned? I'm hoping soon - go BB!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 03:04 PM
    That's what they would like you to believe, but they don't. The lack of information coming out of Blackberry lately must be pretty unsettling for them right now.

Posted via CB10
    I hope that's the case. You'd think that they would have all exited by now. Do you feel they are trapped?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 03:07 PM
    The shorts have negativity on their side. Add uncertainty in the broader indices and they may be sitting comfortable, or at least just as comfortable as we longs are about our position. Besides, if you mention any positives about BlackBerry, they just respond "Show me the money" and longs have to shut up and agree.

Citron Research had it right when they said if BlackBerry were a startup, they'd be worth 3 times what they are today and they wouldn't have to put up or shut up.
    02-02-15 03:12 PM
    I hope that's the case. You'd think that they would have all exited by now. Do you feel they are trapped?
    Just as trapped as some of us longs still are. (Not that I would sell out before the $50 or $100 party mind you.) Show of hands, who's still in the red (from 2013 or prior)! LOL *sigh*
    Last edited by BanffMoose; 02-02-15 at 03:19 PM. Reason: had to sigh. :(
    02-02-15 03:17 PM
    I think a lot of them are trapped. Over 1.26 million shares that they have a commitment to buy back. The last 200,000 thousands shares that they borrowed and sold short didn't really move the dial, they did push it down but then it would just drift back up.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 03:34 PM
    I posted something earlier to give us a bit of background, but later deleted it as I thought we were getting too much OT.

For those of you who are interested, this is what a quick search leads us to:
    ����ٸ� - www.hurun.net
    Hurun Best of the Best Awards 2015

Methodology

Between June and December 2014, the Hurun Research Institute, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hurun Report Inc, surveyed 376 Mainland Chinese ‘millionaires’, defined as individuals with a personal wealth of RMB 10 million (equivalent to USD 1.6 million). Amongst them were 27 super-rich, defined as individuals with wealth of RMB 100 million (USD 16 million). Their average wealth was US$6.8 million; the age was 38 years (39 among the super-rich band); the ratio of men to women surveyed was 6:4. Respondents were from 40 cities, 63% coming from the first tier cities of Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Guangzhou. The Hurun Research Institute has carried out this survey now for 11 years running, surveying 5194 millionaires of which 12% were super rich, making this the largest and most authoritative survey of its kind in China.
    To be thus taken with the proverbial grain of salt, given the sample size, etc.

If you want more info, do look them up.
    02-02-15 04:11 PM
    Your right it is off topic you may want to go to an Apple site if you want to post about Apple

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 04:20 PM
    Your right it is off topic you may want to go to an apple sign if you want to post about Apple

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps you don't realize that Corbu is a primary contributor in this thread and posts thousands of very worthwhile articles and links.
    02-02-15 04:30 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Ops.. ignore
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150203_074748_edit.png  
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 02-02-15 at 11:17 PM.
    02-02-15 04:50 PM
    02-02-15 04:51 PM
    Your right it is off topic you may want to go to an Apple site if you want to post about Apple

Posted via CB10
    This is the reason I don't post as much anymore, people coming on this thread are acting like they have something up their *** either too pro bbry or anti bbry. We formed a nice group here sharing information and to learn from each other if you want to respond to a regular contributor like that then **** off or don't reply with a snarky remark like that.

You may report me now

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 04:52 PM
    Hi Glenn,

In a spirit of goodwill and mutual understanding, allow me to put things in context.

I posted that information on Hurun’s Chinese Luxury Consumer Survey - which I agree is slightly OT and to which you seem to have taken offense - for the sake of doing a thorough job since it was mentioned in one of my earlier posts (http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11317518) and some members had asked a question or two about it. I was thus relaying the information.

That earlier post was - in my mind - a follow-up on the WSJ piece I posted this morning and which - I believe - is of interest to us all, BBRY supporters (http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11317035).

One of the reasons this is a tremendous thread is that we all learn from one another and help each other out. That, plus the fact that it favours civil discourse.

No offense taken. Keep well.
    02-02-15 05:26 PM
113,250 ... 31783179318031813182 ...