View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Rogers offered it last week for $99
    The Canadian carriers are constantly changing the prices of their phones, all popular models pretty frequently (except maybe for iPhones), but the Galaxy S3, Note 2, LG Optimus G - all popular Android phones - were anywhere from $0 to $199 and every price in between at various times starting from Black Friday last year...so it's normal practice for them and doesn't necessarily mean any phone is selling bad or worse. The Z10 shouldn't be any different. They are just promotions to get people into the store and sucked into a 3 year contract, which will make them money even if the phone is $0.00 because of the high prices they charge for their monthly services...Canadians pay the highest monthly fees for cell phones in the industrialized world.
    primusd likes this.
    03-07-13 09:17 PM
    HAHAHAHA, no ... it's just a temporary "sales promotion".
    I looked at this "author" and some of his "articles" are pretty funny. Here is my favorite:

BlackBerry Moves into Mobile Payments and Takes on PayPal with BBM Money

How he thinks a system launched in Indonesia which requires the 2 users to both have BB's could "take on" PayPal which will do 150-175B in transactions is just laughable.

Here's another of my favorites:
    BlackBerry Z10 is Poised to Disrupt Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation Vita and XBox 720

Maybe he's right, but I have serious reservations about the conclusions he draws and the facts he seems to ignore. Maybe that's just me.
    03-07-13 09:33 PM
    The Tide seems reversed.
    Not long ago, all the following sites were bashing Blackberry everyday:
    Seeking Alpha
    Street.com
    Wall Street cheat sheet
    Forbes
    Now, Seeking Alphase becomes the biggest bull of BBRY. You can see at least 3 or 4 bloggers daily which either praise or defend the BBRY stock.
    Street.com and Wall Street cheat sheet become more neutrual now in reporting and actually more close to the bull side.
    The most noticible change is the Forbes. After the a##hole Jordan Salvit ‏left (very well be got fired by forbes), now they turn positive on the BBRY.
    See today's article
    BlackBerry Bests Samsung, Apple in Customer Excitement - Forbes
    As time goes, I think more and more analysts and media bloggers will come on board with the BBRY bull and the day for the shorts are numberred.
    seeking alpha lost ALL of my interest and respect. It is articles posted by whoever thinks they are an analyst, and then reposted by news sites and ticker news searches in a way that rarely casts a single grain of sand. On top of that, you cant read half the article(s) without a subscription.

its just a site full of bulls writing bullish articles and bears writing bearish ones. The bias is clear and obvious most of the time, and it turns the content to a polished turd
    03-07-13 10:21 PM
    seeking alpha lost ALL of my interest and respect. It is articles posted by whoever thinks they are an analyst, and then reposted by news sites and ticker news searches in a way that rarely casts a single grain of sand. On top of that, you cant read half the article(s) without a subscription.

its just a site full of bulls writing bullish articles and bears writing bearish ones. The bias is clear and obvious most of the time, and it turns the content to a polished turd
    When I started reading that site last year I thought, wow, very good reads. And I also liked their "market current" and stocktwits.
    Then I realized and average joe could post something and many of the articles were simply opinion papers many times with no facts. (There are some articles that are good, but you've got to read it selectively and filter out the bad ones)
    03-07-13 10:39 PM
    Now Google is different beast. They are in advertising and android is their delivery system. The Achilles heal is the big security issue. If they have a breach it will look like the hindenberg, and they'll take amazon, Sammy, Sony down with them! A real Black Swan Event.
    And then there's this from the Globe and Mail.....all that initially caught my eye was "Android Rises to the Top..." and I thought oh no, news about the S IV already. But oh yes, read on:

Android rises to top
    Last edited by Markymark 23; 03-08-13 at 08:08 AM.
    joe.miller and bungaboy like this.
    03-07-13 11:29 PM
    Maybe we can get Carl Icahn to buy some shares as he has his hands in everyone's cookie jar lately, wonder if he uses a BB for daily use.
    Sorry Carl is too busy sniffing around Dell's LBO...
    03-08-13 12:32 AM
    Hi guys, quite a pain in my Safari camp to post, but I can read

IMHO, there's still no real news but I see more and more posts reactions about rumors. Don't fall in the trap. Stay calm. Nothing has proven yet "Our" long term position to be an error.
    I won't give extra exposure to these "News". I just wait patiently until the 28th and further.
    Guess what : I don't even know the stock value as I'm posting this . Akuna matata effect, probably!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 02:37 AM
    Hi guys, quite a pain in my Safari camp to post, but I can read

IMHO, there's still no real news but I see more and more posts reactions about rumors. Don't fall in the trap. Stay calm. Nothing has proven yet "Our" long term position to be an error.
    I won't give extra exposure to these "News". I just wait patiently until the 28th and further.
    Guess what : I don't even know the stock value as I'm posting this . Akuna matata effect, probably!

Posted via CB10

No worries...I'm sure it's not zero.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-08-13 04:45 AM
    Actually if you look at the companies financial reportings they have a solid baseline, good liquid capitol, a deep well of cash, and with sales of the Z10 going above base predictions its not a bad thought to have dropped some money on BBRY shares. But, what do I know. I only do this for a living
    Superfly_FR, gp656, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    03-08-13 05:00 AM
    Hope every newbie to investment have read Chris article http://crackberry.com/what-you-need-...ckberry-shorts

You didn't?
    Eh.. what are you waiting for?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:39 AM
    We've got some good premarket numbers so far. Yesterday started strong too though so I wonder what the day will bring us.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 06:53 AM
    thats the problem lately....gap up then crap out. Lets hope for different today. GL
    03-08-13 07:00 AM
    Appears the beat down has settled and the rehashed dooms day info isn't as effective in dropping the price any more...interested to see if TH's comments from yesterday have any weight.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 07:31 AM
    Check the record again. The last 50% shares Prem bought was around 14-15 while the the average cost base for the first 50% is more than $30.
    Someone has started a thread on this issue. I looked at his quarterly filings a month or so ago and posted. I think you will see he bought almost half of his shares below $10. They are quarterly reports so no exact numbers as to when in the quarter he bought, but the real number is definitely between $14-20 and not $30. I will try to dig out my post, but another poster is doing the analysis and I was rounding off so I will trust whatever the more thorough review is. FWIW, I was/am a big critic of Watsa for this investment, at one point he was down $400M. Ouch.

EDIT:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...-basis-779462/
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 03-08-13 at 07:57 AM. Reason: added link
    03-08-13 07:39 AM
    the only interesting thing TH said yesterday was:

“Yes, we have teams working on BB10 for the PlayBook,”
    03-08-13 07:41 AM
    thats the problem lately....gap up then crap out. Lets hope for different today. GL
    Hoping the BBRG report of the ATT US launch helps propel it up today
    03-08-13 07:42 AM
    Any chance the price will go down today for a while?
    I need to buy some TODAY as I am very confident that it's only going up from next week on. I still may have a chance today.

How low will it go today? ( no matter what, I am going to end up buying today)
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-08-13 07:48 AM
    the only interesting thing TH said yesterday was:

�Yes, we have teams working on BB10 for the PlayBook,�
    I was thinking reloading the India channel was interesting.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    03-08-13 07:52 AM
    the India reload was interesting, but i liked the fact that he said teamS.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-08-13 08:13 AM
    currently 13.54 pre market, hoping for a good day
    03-08-13 08:13 AM
    above 14 today
    03-08-13 08:22 AM
    Any chance the price will go down today for a while?
    I need to buy some TODAY as I am very confident that it's only going up from next week on. I still may have a chance today.

How low will it go today? ( no matter what, I am going to end up buying today)
    Usually around 10:30 it reverses whatever trend its on a bit.
    03-08-13 08:40 AM
    That was ok but the interesting part was that he said anything at all

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 08:46 AM
    Usually around 10:30 it reverses whatever trend its on a bit.
    Thanks. Will wait till 11 and review.
    03-08-13 08:49 AM
    03-08-13 08:50 AM
113,256 ... 316317318319320 ...