View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    Thanks for posting.

so would this compete against the BB IoT Platform, or be able to work in sync with it?
    Hi BLACK-2-BLACK.

As a retired GE employee of several years in engineering with technical sales experience (now with different employment), at that time GE did not limit themselves to in-house design or even guarantee return to original suppliers (unless by contract requirement) on separate projects. It favored continuous improvement and pushing competition to get the better price respecting contract requirements with and without GE products. With the increasing implications of IoT and important financials involved, IMHO with important Security Concerns, I would expect them, Siemens, and other major stakeholders to identify a variety of product options and pricing possibilities. The great financial implications of these huge and expanding markets will require serious experience to be proven to be a part of it. Hoping I have answered a part of the question, wanting to avoid a long winded article.
    01-28-15 03:36 PM
    Loaded up some more at $10.15

Enjoying this discounted shopping spree lol

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    Me too, using my covered call "rent" money.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 03:47 PM
    Thanks!

Did anyone think that BBRY would fly to $ 18.00 when BB 10 was getting off the ground? What's not to believe that the same thing could happen when BES12 uptake starts to roll? The market is a crazy medium, take PSDV, they are trading at $ 4.00/shr, have a $ 1.40/shr in cash, no debt, a real product that is opening in 1 - 2 countries each month and the stock is asleep. One day, it will be trading at $ 8.00/shr and everyone will be complaining that they missed it.
    Hey Morgan,
    So great to hear you speak of PSDV as I'm busy accumulating these shares. . And now BBRY is also on the cheap so I've step in to scoop those up as well. It should be a party soon!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 03:48 PM
    I'm sure a few here have the Bloomberg native and or Android app on your BB devive. I have the native app and noticed a couple changes.

The majorly of news categories gone. Plus no more comments. Bad move Bloomberg. Wonder why?

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...bsite-redesign

Posted with X10 via CB10
    masterful and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-28-15 04:06 PM
    01-28-15 04:07 PM
    Hey Morgan,
    So great to hear you speak of PSDV as I'm busy accumulating these shares. . And now BBRY is also on the cheap so I've step in to scoop those up as well. It should be a party soon!

Posted via CB10

Glad to hear that you have several irons in the fire here. I have a 1/2 dozen stocks in my own portfolio and we have a larger fund for the family as a whole. So I have time and money to work my way into these trades. I'm watching this market, only 24 hours ago everyone who ARE something in the investment business were talking up APPL and YAHOO as spectacular investments, today, YHOO is down, not up, and APPL is trying hard not to make a new intraday low while only being up 2.5% this week!! To keep this in perspective, BBRY would have to be up only $ .26 cents to achieve what AAPL has this week for investors. Hmmnn? So there goes the expert investment advice, down the tubes. We have a sea of red now, the market is rolling over here as oil dips close to 5-year lows again. So now we know the AAPL rally was a bust, Yahoo is too high too soon, the other stocks are where the play is now.
    Bilaal, sidhuk, Corbu and 11 others like this.
    01-28-15 04:08 PM
    Just noticed this. Appologies if already posted:

BBRY has confirmed that earnings will be announced 03/27/2015. With 28 analysts covering BBRY, the consensus EPS estimate is -$0.03, and the high and low estimates are $0.10 and -$0.15, respectively. Expected Timing: Before market open
    01-28-15 04:09 PM
    Just noticed this. Appologies if already posted:

BBRY has confirmed that earnings will be announced 03/27/2015. With 28 analysts covering BBRY, the consensus EPS estimate is -$0.03, and the high and low estimates are $0.10 and -$0.15, respectively. Expected Timing: Before market open
    Have you got a link?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 04:13 PM
    John Chen is more likely thinking about how much Apple would pay for Blackberry's patent portfolio at auction given that they are selling so many iPhones worldwide and might be in the market for even stronger smartphone IP protection. A few billion dollars would go a long way towards expanding the service business rather than swimming upstream in the hardware race.

They can offer an elite line for enterprise: Apple Black
    (Black Tinted versions of the iPhone to distinguish from their existing lines... )

Or..

Black Apple...

either way, sounds kinda "rotten" to me !!
    01-28-15 04:16 PM
    Have you got a link?

Posted via CB10

Investor Events - Canada

Q4 Quarter End: February 28, 2015
    Reporting Date: March 27, 2015
    Bilaal, bungaboy, bbjdog and 1 others like this.
    01-28-15 04:18 PM
    I'm sure a few here have the Bloomberg native and or Android app on your BB devive. I have the native app and noticed a couple changes.

The majorly of news categories gone. Plus no more comments. Bad move Bloomberg. Wonder why?

Bloomberg switches off comments in website redesign | Media | The Guardian

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Did they finally add the live video feed? I have been using the Android app as the native didn't have it and when I inquired with Bloomberg they were very non-committal about adding it.
    01-28-15 04:22 PM
    Maybe that needs to be another thread? As someone who is long BBRY again myself, I'd love to have a respectful and balanced discussion about this investment. This site would be a great place to have that, given that there are so many people here who have followed this company for years.
    I think the problem is that, like U.S. politics, the spectrum has made a tectonic shift to one side. What used to be moderate is now perceived as being biased. Thus the comments that some see as "too-pro BBRY" are actually attempts to bring perspective to the "BlackBerry can do no right, Apple/Samsung/whoever can do no wrong" or even the "Anyone but BlackBerry" crowd.
    sidhuk, spike12, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    01-28-15 04:23 PM
    Under the heading I support BlackBerry
    warning. this may be offensive to Blackberry Haters.
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/01/...mpany_Content|
    "BlackBerry smartphones carry a certain connotation with them – they say “I mean business and get things done,” and this is apparently very much the case at the World Economic Forum late last week in Davos, Switzerland, according to Business Insider UK’s Jim Edwards.

The preferred modus operandi for power players attending this prestigious annual event was the two-phone combination of iPhone and BlackBerry, observed Edwards.

BlackBerry had “massive market share” in Davos, wrote Edwards, who interviewed one executive from a major U.S. investment bank who, like “a lot of people here are conspicuously carrying two phones: an iPhone and a BlackBerry . . . The guy [told me] the company still preferred its employees to use the BlackBerry because its security is superior to that of iPhone or Android.”

Edwards also noted that “UK Chancellor George Osborne uses a BlackBerry, too — he walked right by me, talking on it.”

If You’re Important, You “Need a Phone with a Real Keyboard” in Davos

While the iPhone seemed the device du jour for much of the crowd, “the BlackBerry is everywhere, too,” he says.

Wrote Edwards: “In an odd way, rocking the iPhone-BlackBerry combo is a way to send a huge signal about your status: Yes, you have the expensive new phone from Apple that everyone wants. But you’re so busy, so important, that you also need a phone with a real keyboard.”

As confirmation of this theory, Edwards spoke with “a member of the board of directors for a Middle Eastern central bank [who] told me the keyboard was what kept him with BlackBerry. He isn’t just responding to emails with ‘OK’ or ‘Tx.’ He’s typing long memos to staff and colleagues.”

Yes, BlackBerry keyboards are the best for that sort of thing, aren’t they?

Edwards continues: “An executive at a major aerospace manufacturer was rocking the big, square BlackBerry Passport that my colleague Mike Bird loves so much. I asked him why: security. His IT department requires BlackBerry for its employees because of the security,” which is what the first exec he’d spoken with had said as well.

Additionally, as Edwards notes, BBM “has, historically, been the preferred messaging service of many corporate IT departments.”

Again, it comes down to security. There’s no getting around that point.

Not a One-Trick Pony

If Edwards were to dig a little deeper, he might find that beyond the “status symbol” of the BlackBerry devices lies a bevy of honest-to-goodness breakthrough productivity features that business professionals actually need.

Yes, there’s the bedrock security that is intrinsic to everything BlackBerry does, but there are also only-on-BlackBerry features such as BlackBerry Blend, allowing BlackBerry devices to seamlessly interact and integrate with a PC or Mac while leaving nothing behind after disconnecting, or the Hub, which allows for the total mastery over of all your emails, social messages, calls and texts.

There’s also BlackBerry Assistant which takes voice commands to a new level with deep integration with native apps, BlackBerry Balance’s unique personal and work spaces, BBM with its text, voice and video call functionality, and the combination of BlackBerry World and the Amazon (Android) Appstore for an awesome mix of productivity and entertainment apps.

All of this is ready for any power player anywhere in the world.

Show Your Status with the BlackBerry Passport and Classic"

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    01-28-15 04:23 PM
    OT with a little factoid gleened from an article written nearly a year ago.

Apparently way back in 1997 Larry Ellison, of Oracle, was considering making a run for down and out Apple. Should he be successful his choice for CEO was, allegedly, none other than John Chen.

Chen was rumoured to be Larry Ellison’s pick to lead Apple during Oracle’s brief run at the then-struggling computer maker (“I can’t comment,” Chen says).
    Exclusive: John Chen?s simple plan to save BlackBerry - The Globe and Mail
    01-28-15 04:33 PM
    I will join you on the $50 party! while waiting patiently for the $100!!
    You just reminded me why I decided it was best I didn't comment on day trade. I was forever long on BBRY and that remains true. I, for one, can't wait when BBRY stock reaches a milestone that we can all come out to a designated place and celebrate to. $50, anyone? France?

I know it was $100 before, but I need an excuse to celebrate quickly lol.

Good day, people.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 04:41 PM
    ....At some point, all of this balancing act will end on one piece of evidence and the stock will soar.[/QUOTE]

Morgan, is this a typical scenario for other Businesses suffering from parasitic shorts and media FUD, or more unique to BlackBerry and their current situation where it seems fashionable to hate on them ?
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-28-15 05:22 PM
    You just reminded me why I decided it was best I didn't comment on day trade. I was forever long on BBRY and that remains true. I, for one, can't wait when BBRY stock reaches a milestone that we can all come out to a designated place and celebrate to. $50, anyone? France?

I know it was $100 before, but I need an excuse to celebrate quickly lol.

Good day, people.

Posted via CB10
    Do you seriously ask ?!?
    Anytime, and we don't need any SP level to reach !

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 05:28 PM
    I am In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you seriously ask ?!?
    Anytime, and we don't need any SP level to reach !

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    01-28-15 05:33 PM
    Well. That and $1.79 will get you a large double double at Tim Horton's.

Next.
    Is that $1.79 US or CA?

Let's keep things on topic please.
    01-28-15 06:22 PM
    After hours.
    Beer Time. Cheers Gang.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-1422487968319.jpg

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    01-28-15 06:38 PM
    Well. That and $1.79 will get you a large double double at Tim Horton's.

Next.
    BTW, it costs Tim Hortons $0.09 CDN to make 1 medium coffee.

Thanks.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-28-15 06:48 PM
    01-28-15 06:53 PM
    OT:
    Facebook Q4 EC

One of the more interesting moments of the call came toward the end, over monetization of Whatsapp. Zuckerberg didn’t tip is hand as to what he is thinking — he basically said you get people to use it, see how people use the service, and then figure out monetization. But he didn’t rule anything out, like games or ads or payments.

He called it a great intellectual challenge. It seemed to me that the company doesn’t have some hidden plan up its sleeve that is well-guarded. He actually seemed like he was just starting to figure it out.
    01-28-15 06:54 PM
    Is that $1.79 US or CA?

Let's keep things on topic please.
    That be a Loonie seventy nine.
    3MIKE and bbjdog like this.
    01-28-15 07:27 PM
    Great info today everyone. I for one have no issue with polite discourse (that's discussion for my cousins)...it is what made this thread great, that's what attracted such great folks contributing and that's what I would love to see continue.

Have a great evening everyone (or day for you far easters).

Classically Posted.
    01-28-15 08:38 PM
104,879 ... 31693170317131723173 ...