View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    In always get a chuckle when "Newbs" drop in to a thread that 3+ years old, with 79,249 Replies and 3,760,403 Views and tell us how we are wrong.
    ibpluto, La Emperor, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    01-28-15 07:32 AM
    In always get a chuckle when "Newbs" drop in to a thread that 3+ years old, with 79,249 Replies and 3,760,403 Views and tell us how we are wrong.
    I'm definitely a Newb, but I'm also a professor of Philosophy, and that was an awful bit of reasoning.

Posted via CB10
    early2bed, CDM76 and sati01 like this.
    01-28-15 07:39 AM
    I think we should welcome old or new contributors, and weigh their comments on the merits of the arguments themselves. Openmindedness and critical thinking are surely preferable to any other kind of conversation in here. This is clearly a valuable hub for news stories on BBRY, but it does seem to get a bit 'snappy' in here if someone doesn't go with the flow. Just an observation.

Posted via CB10
    Munx, laketrout73, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    01-28-15 07:44 AM
    I think we should welcome old or new contributors, and weigh their comments on the merits of the arguments themselves. Openmindedness and critical thinking are surely preferable to any other kind of conversation in here. This is clearly a valuable hub for news stories on BBRY, but it does seem to get a bit 'snappy' in here if someone doesn't go with the flow. Just an observation.

Posted via CB10
    Well, look at the title. It doesn't say "I Give Stock Advice to People Who Don't Want to Hear It"

We're all well-aware of the shortfalls and missteps of the company, and the lack of marketing and media bashing. We're aware of Apple's dominance, and Google's entry into...everything. None of this is news, it's the norm. We try to search for the positives against the tide, which there have been many of lately. Afterall, this is a turnaround story...

Which is where the title comes from; I SUPPORT BlackBerry in their efforts. I don't try to make everyone aware of the obvious situation "for their sake"

None of this is directed specifically at you, just people who use the rose-coloured glasses argument to justify their trolling.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 08:02 AM
    I'm definitely a Newb, but I'm also a professor of Philosophy, and that was an awful bit of reasoning.

Posted via CB10
    Well. That and $1.79 will get you a large double double at Tim Horton's.

Next.
    01-28-15 08:03 AM
    Don't know what the negative post was (didn't see it), but AAPL just blew its Phab load, which has been blue balled since the Note first came out. The real question is how much carries into next q. Fanboi trolls help me make money, so I don't mind them.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-28-15 08:06 AM
    I think iFolks forget this thread is a great place to read positives about BlackBerry. It helps filter the white noise that is FUD and BS out on the net.

I read plenty of crap on BlackBerry everyday, don't need to read it when I come here. For those that don't filter outside of here, perhaps the FUD has value, but considering this is CB, I doubt people come here to hear crap. Perhaps there's a philosophy thesis in that concept someplace....

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    01-28-15 08:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Cool story bro. Can you tell it again but this time make it rhyme?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 08:37 AM
    Well, look at the title. It doesn't say "I Give Stock Advice to People Who Don't Want to Hear It"

We're all well-aware of the shortfalls and missteps of the company, and the lack of marketing and media bashing. We're aware of Apple's dominance, and Google's entry into...everything. None of this is news, it's the norm. We try to search for the positives against the tide, which there have been many of lately. Afterall, this is a turnaround story...

Which is where the title comes from; I SUPPORT BlackBerry in their efforts. I don't try to make everyone aware of the obvious situation "for their sake"

None of this is directed specifically at you, just people who use the rose-coloured glasses argument to justify their trolling.

Posted via CB10
    I am long BBRY and have been accumulating on the dips. It's important to step back and look at the bigger picture and longer term movements of this stock to see where it heading and I really appreciate the work of those here that do chart analysis for us all to see. Aside from the Samsung rumours a couple of weeks ago, the roller coaster swings have been lessening as each low on the down slope is less than previous lows.

I have faith in Chen's turn-around plan (though I still want to see a true successor to the full touch screen phones, especially when half of all BB10 phones sold were the Z10). But the turn around plan has yet to realize profits.

First there is a huge hole with the lack of US carriers currently offering the Passport or Classic (hurry up AT&T!). And as Apple just taught us, there is huge market in China to be exploited that BlackBerry needs to get into.

The number of companies deploying BES12, to my eyes, seems shockingly small. However, the good thing is that number is growing. But we won't see profits from BES 12 for another two quarters.

The big wild card is the QNX division and the IoT. There is a ton of potential there and we could see increased profits there sooner than later due to the deals like the one with Ford and its auto info-tainment center.

I don't expect the bottom line for the next two quarters to show much growth if any. But I hope the result are at least close to analyst's expectations. If that happens, then there should be no shock to the stock price as those expectations would have already been factored in. However, if there is a surprise miss the shorts are are going to hammer this stock huge. It seems to be such a balancing act to keep this stock level when there's such a huge short interest weighing heavily on one side.

As for the trolls, don't feed them. Just report. Contrarian view points should be welcome but be polite if you choose to respond. It's very easy to start a flame war and sometimes hard to avoid getting drawn into one.

I must add that I am no expert and these thoughts are just my own opinion and observations.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2072 | Bell | via CB10
    01-28-15 08:52 AM
    @laketrout73 where did you find the bes12 number?

#BBFactCheck
    01-28-15 09:02 AM
    I think iFolks forget this thread is a great place to read positives about BlackBerry. It helps filter the white noise that is FUD and BS out on the net.

I read plenty of crap on BlackBerry everyday, don't need to read it when I come here. For those that don't filter outside of here, perhaps the FUD has value, but considering this is CB, I doubt people come here to hear crap. Perhaps there's a philosophy thesis in that concept someplace....

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    They don't forget. They have control over just about every other thread on this site, we are ignoring them there so they're trying to invade this thread. Blaze has given them a warning so they're trying to do it politely. Regardless of how polite they're being they're still trying to invade this site. It only shows how desperate they're getting, trying to convince people to sell their stock.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 09:10 AM
    Well. That and $1.79 will get you a large double double at Tim Horton's.

Next.
    Just stop. You aren't helping yourself by backing nonsense up with more of the same. Look, I'm not a troll or a gremlin or orc, or anything else. I honestly thought this was a thread for people who invest in BlackBerry who want to share constructive thoughts and ideas/observations to inform their choices. I don't invest with monopoly money, so I personally love it when someone raises something new for me to consider. I donate to a few charities, and BlackBerry are not one of them. I invest with a level of seriousness I think the activity requires.

I was just being honest. I you want to carry on in this way for attention, go for it, but I do think there are at least fair amount of people in here who are looking for information/opinion/discussion that can actually inform their investment decisions.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 09:17 AM
    If only you were raising something new.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto, Andy_bb_king and bungaboy like this.
    01-28-15 09:22 AM
    I know I only have a few posts, and am therefore a Newb, with all the implications of being such a thing, but could we all agree to up the level of maturity and try to focus on more relevant and useful information?

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    01-28-15 09:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am no Prof. of philosophy, but I disagree with you philosophically.
    This is no place to argue, IMO. Respectable debate is healthy of course.
    Being open-minded doesn't mean that we need to welcome the obvious FUD. Would you welcome someone telling you everyday that you're fat and that you're going to die early of diabetes or heart attack, even if they are true? Or would you rather talk with people who examine the cause of your weight gain, provide solutions and hope to your problem?
    Your definition of critical thinking is also misleading. To think critically is to determine facts from fiction, figuring out the reliability of the information given. That is what we do here everyday.
    I also disagree with your statement that "it get a bit snappy in here if someone doesn't go with the flow". It gets snappy when people smell trolls, nothing to do with the flow. This thread is magnet for them, both amateurs and professionals.
    So, even though you're new here, I am sure that everyone would welcome your critical analysis and insightful potential solutions.
    01-28-15 09:24 AM
    I am no Prof. of philosophy, but I disagree with you philosophically.
    This is no place to argue, IMO. Respectable debate is healthy of course.
    Being open-minded doesn't mean that we need to welcome the obvious FUD. Would you welcome someone telling you everyday that you're fat and that you're going to die early of diabetes or heart attack, even if they are true? Or would you rather talk with people who examine the cause of your weight gain, provide solutions and hope to your problem?
    Your definition of critical thinking is also misleading. To think critically is to determine facts from fiction, figuring out the reliability of the information given. That is what we do here everyday.
    I also disagree with your statement that "it get a bit snappy in here if someone doesn't go with the flow". It gets snappy when people smell trolls, nothing to do with the flow. This thread is magnet for them, both amateurs and professionals.
    So, even though you're new here, I am sure that everyone would welcome your critical analysis and insightful potential solutions.
    That's fine. I don't know what FUD is to be honest, but as I said, let's leave it. I'm not here to give a lecture. I just thought I'd make a comment. On with the show.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 09:28 AM
    Glad to know because we're not here to receive a lecture.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-28-15 09:33 AM
    That's fine. I don't know what FUD is to be honest, but as I said, let's leave it. I'm not here to give a lecture. I just thought I'd make a comment. On with the show.

Posted via CB10
    FUD is something that trolls want to spread, it stands for Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. If successful, it makes investors nervous react irrationally.
    What you're doing is also a problem that people here dislike; making a provocative statement and then expect people to just let it slide, but that would be hypocritical to your previous statement about being critical thinkers, which would involve dissecting and debating the validity of your statement.

Edit: I should add that we have seen in this thread people losing their life savings and even got in debt, so we are well aware of the consequences of our actions.
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 01-28-15 at 09:59 AM.
    01-28-15 09:37 AM
    Cool story bro. Can you tell it again but this time make it rhyme?

Posted via CB10
    Quote of the day.
    And here is the Rhyme.
    Warning. Way way Off topic.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    01-28-15 09:52 AM
    Anyone check the stock price lately. Was there something I missed on the wire

Posted from my PassPort
    01-28-15 10:05 AM
    I don't think that there has been any news. Low volume it's just some more people getting themselves deeper into trouble.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 10:26 AM
    Anyone check the stock price lately. Was there something I missed on the wire

Posted from my PassPort
    The 'Daq opened higher thanks to AAPL, but has dropped steadily all morning. BBRY has been following the sell off since the open, like everyone else (even AAPL has come down 2-3% since the open).

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-28-15 10:33 AM
    Just stop. You aren't helping yourself by backing nonsense up with more of the same. Look, I'm not a troll or a gremlin or orc, or anything else. I honestly thought this was a thread for people who invest in BlackBerry who want to share constructive thoughts and ideas/observations to inform their choices. I don't invest with monopoly money, so I personally love it when someone raises something new for me to consider. I donate to a few charities, and BlackBerry are not one of them. I invest with a level of seriousness I think the activity requires.

I was just being honest. I you want to carry on in this way for attention, go for it, but I do think there are at least fair amount of people in here who are looking for information/opinion/discussion that can actually inform their investment decisions.

Posted via CB10
    You do know BlackBerry doesnt get the money when you buy shares, right?

Posted with my flash Passport
    01-28-15 10:34 AM
    01-28-15 10:34 AM
    I know I only have a few posts, and am therefore a Newb, with all the implications of being such a thing, but could we all agree to up the level of maturity and try to focus on more relevant and useful information?

Posted via CB10
    Wow, pretty preachy for a newb.
    Philosophy was it You do reek of ancient wisdom, give us a chance to catch up. OK?

Lighten up, will serve you better

Posted with my flash Passport
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    01-28-15 10:38 AM
113,256 ... 31673168316931703171 ...