View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Funny as ideas can match sometimes.
    We have to add some keywords in our media monitoring ...
    The cloth burns between google and CyanogenMod (the Android alternative).

BlackBerry + CyanogenMod + Amazon + Samsung ?
    Oh, boy, I dream out loud sometimes ...

Ref: French article, google translated, sorry
    https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
    Here is a better article on CM vs Google . based on the same event as the translated.
    rarsen and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-27-15 12:02 PM
    People don't feed the BlackBerry can't do anything right crowd who spread nothing but FUD. To spends HOURS a day everyday is telling on their objective. IMO paid or mentally ill they know which side they are on... in same cases they do not.

Posted via CB10
    I think that you're correct. But this reminds me of elementary school. There was a bully that kept on bothering me, and I kept on ignoring him hoping that he would move on. But that never happened. So, one day I decided to kick the crap out of him, until he couldn't get up from the ground. That worked.
    01-27-15 12:03 PM
    An embedded software is cheap for a reason... without some kinda "lock" on the market or major brand recognition, most anyone can be replaced.
    So brand recognition is more important than reliability, a proven track record, time invested, adaptability and value?
    01-27-15 12:03 PM
    Good job that always work!!!
    So, one day I decided to kick the crap out of him, until he couldn't get up from the ground. That worked.
    La Emperor, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    01-27-15 12:06 PM
    BlackBerry + CyanogenMod would be cool. I've never used it but I heard they stripped out a lot of the privacy invasive code that Google put into Android. If true. That would be awesome. Don't know how they deal with Google Play though.
    They didn't strip it out, they enabled 'hidden' controls called App Ops which allowed more granular permission control and put a more user friendly UI to control the settings. The CM version is called Privacy Guard.
    01-27-15 12:08 PM
    People don't feed the BlackBerry can't do anything right crowd who spread nothing but FUD. To spends HOURS a day everyday is telling on their objective. IMO paid or mentally ill they know which side they are on... in same cases they do not.

Posted via CB10
    Any way I see a few vultures circling on this thread, don't get caught in one of their arguments keep on topic. I support BlackBerry and I buy shares.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub, spike12, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    01-27-15 12:32 PM
    I'm surprised that we're holding up this strong today. End of day will be interesting.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 12:51 PM
    I'm looking forward to an End-of-Day rally!

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    01-27-15 12:58 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Low volumes, back green .... when did I saw that already ...
    Have a nice afternoon guys. It's Tuesday : drums time !!!
    Cheers
    SF
    01-27-15 01:07 PM
    "The most attractive feature of Linux OS is its open-source nature, which means that automakers can customize features according to their needs

Wouldn't open source be something you stay away from in car applications? or applications that require secure connections???

Isn't the car QNX system fully customizable for Automakers? That is one of the features they like as it distinguishes them from other makers ???
    The author doesn't realize what he is saying. Linux open source will not make it easier to make a HMI.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 02:10 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

Internet of Things: A security threat to business by the backdoor? | ZDNet
    The rise of the Internet of Things (IoT) has already sparked concerns about privacy: now security pros are worried that badly configured gadgets might provide a backdoor for hackers looking to break into corporate networks. Less than half of the IT professionals surveyed have confidence in the secure configuration of IoT device types. Even fewer think that more exotic types of IoT device can be secured. The company surveyed 404 IT professionals and 302 CISOs, CIOs and director-level IT management in the UK and the US.

Side note: Went to a presentation yesterday where a law enforcement expert presented the sophistication of today's hacker tools and examples of na�ve people falsely thinking they are secure -- I am still under shock. Where more and more smartphones and tablets are prime targets, easier to access than desktops. Of course forget about turning back time, when all that is on or was on the screen can come back and bite you. Complete strangers know more about our deep thoughts and finances than our own spouse (even ex who could collect info for vengeance). We will all end up eventually paying dearly for being so stupid, complacent and clueless wishful. Of course BB people are typically more aware of these dangers and select the better security solutions.
    Last edited by rarsen; 01-27-15 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added extra details
    01-27-15 02:17 PM
    http://m.gurufocus.com/news_read.php?id=310877

A Q&A with Francis Chou (link above) a good value investor and he was asked a question about BBRY (which he holds), see below.......................................

Question:
    How do you objectively approach an assessment of the valuation of BlackBerry in the context of John Chen's four-part business model for the company, given that we have limited visibility at this point of the business model's evolution?

Answer:
    We went and looked at it from a defensive mindset. We think the patents are worth north of $10. If what John Chen is doing works out, that�ll be a big bonus.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 02:20 PM
    Short interest:

1/15/2015 125,367,832

12/31/2014 118,642,376
    01-27-15 03:06 PM
    01-27-15 03:11 PM
    Short interest:

1/15/2015125,367,832

12/31/2014118,642,376
    Wow the criminals are even more in the red by increasing short interest. Come on Chen get Sammy on board and the shorts Will be knocked out. It would be an instant gain on their capital to the range of 100 % or greater short term.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-27-15 03:11 PM
    Aapl report their earnings today. It will be interesting with the ip6 #

#BBFactCheck
    01-27-15 03:30 PM
    aapl report their earnings today. It will be interesting with the ip6 #

#bbfactcheck
    OT

Apple 1q eps $3.06, est. $2.60
    Apple 1q rev. $74.60b, est. $67.52b
    Apple sold 74.47m iphones in 1q, est. 64.9m

The phones sold is crazy, not broken out though.
    rarsen, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-27-15 03:36 PM
    Short interest:

1/15/2015125,367,832

12/31/2014118,642,376
    It's just confirming what I was suspecting. You can smell the desperation of the shorters all over the threads. They keep bashing BlackBerry wile borrowing more stock in an effort to drive the BlackBerry stock price down, but to no avail. They are digging themselves deeper and deeper into the abyss. The beauty of being long a stock is that we know the maximum we can loose there is no guarantee for them, for the shorters the sky is the limit.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 03:37 PM
    Looking at a NFLX short above 450 and AAPL short above 115...swing trade with 3-6 month horizon.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 04:11 PM
    So agree with you. It's a matter of time and Patience and We Long have patience!!!
    It's just confirming what I was suspecting. You can smell the desperation of the shorters all over the threads. They keep bashing BlackBerry wile borrowing more stock in an effort to drive the BlackBerry stock price down, but to no avail. They are digging themselves deeper and deeper into the abyss. The beauty of being long a stock is that we know the maximum we can loose there is no guarantee for them, for the shorters the sky is the limit.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-27-15 04:19 PM
    OT

APPL smashed it. Hats off to them. I can only wish BBRY has profits even 1/4 of what APPL reported tonight.

I know we poke fun at Apple and criticise but credit where credit is due, they sure know how to consistently please their fans and consumers. I'm all in for being open about the mobile space, if I could afford to own more than one device, I would.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 05:28 PM
    FIFY!

HEDGE FUD FUND MANAGER ODEY WARNS: We've Entered A Downturn That Will Be Remembered In 100 Years
    That may be true, but even a broken clock is correct twice a day. Over time it still adds up. As recent broad market movement has shown, stock prices were very high and people are nervous. Today their nervousness showed. Even Apple's huge beat only resulted in a 5% increase aftermarket. A friendly reminder to everyone, a large part of investing is risk management. Some canaries are chirping. Is it just banter or is there really a problem looming? Many of us know from holding BBRY, it's no fun and not easy having to regain what you've lost.

I know Morgan gave us his thoughts of the market direction a few weeks ago. But the quick run ups and drops in the broad markets just make me wonder if it's just because the US is the tallest midget in the room?

Hopefully Morgan+8 can let us in on how he's reading the current wave of ERs.
    bungaboy, rarsen and bugs2011 like this.
    01-27-15 05:43 PM
    01-27-15 06:18 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Chris Rafter
    SVP, Technology Solution Sales, Professional Services, Cloud Infrastructure, Emerging Technologies, Consulting, MBA

Why is Blackberry Suddenly So Hot Again?
    Jan 26, 2015
    Arguably the biggest mobile device failure story is the fall of Blackberry from its position of utter handheld dominance in the mid-2000s. Every professional at that time wanted a Blackberry, clobbering their coworkers to get their hands on the latest �Crackberry.� Then smartphones with touch keyboards (including one from another company named after a fruit) and people dropped Blackberry faster than Sony pulling a James Franco film out of theaters.
    What�s Going On Now?
    Blackberry stock is shooting higher and higher by the day. Repeated rumors of a buyout by Samsung keep appearing. Speculators are taking major positions. It feels like 2006 again. I feel like I should brush up on my Borat expressions and go check my Myspace account.
    It seems reports of Blackberry�s death were greatly exaggerated. Despite all of the missteps over the last 10 years, Blackberry didn�t fumble everything. Like a kid who just remembered he�d invested his paper route money in the stock market 15 years ago, Blackberry did some really smart things a long time ago that are making it a very intriguing buy right now.
    First, there are the patents. A lot of patents. Blackberry�s spot in the early smart-device space enabled it to buy and or develop some very ahead-of-their time patents that it still holds to this day. In the smartphone world, patents have two ways of being valuable. First, they can allow someone to develop technology and functions that are protected from imitation by others. The second, less friendly, use is to use patent ownership to sue competitors over existing products that exhibit certain features. If you win, you either force your competition to pull the products or pay millions of dollars in fines and penalties. Samsung has proven exceedingly effective at the latter against Apple, and this just might be what�s up their sleeve.
    The Billion-Dollar Blackberry Asset You�ve Never Heard Of
    Blackberry also owns a technology you probably never heard of, but one you use every time you drive your recent model car from Ford, GM, Mercedes, Honda, Hyundai, or Maserati, with an on-board computer. The technology is called QNX, it�s a Unix-like real-time operating system designed for embedded systems.
    QNX was developed in the 1980s, and, prior to being acquired by Blackberry, was owned for many years by Harman International, who make vehicle entertainment systems and on-board navigation. This kinship with a vehicle equipment manufacturer helped QNX sneak its way into some 50 million automobiles on the road today, and it shows no signs of slowing down.
    QNX is special because it�s simply architected, incredibly compact and rock-solid stable. These are qualities prized by manufacturers of on-board or embedded systems. You don�t want your anti-lock brake system to suddenly say �Rebooting, please wait�� while you�re barreling down the highway at 70 miles per hour.
    QNX made news recently when it was chosen over Android by Ford Motor Company to replace Microsoft in Ford�s SYNC onboard platform. The Microsoft SYNC platform had a reputation for buggy voice recognition and regular reboots of the navigation system requiring turning off the ignition. By contrast, QNX can remain running practically forever without performance degradation.
    At the recent 2015 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, NV, smart connected cars were some of the most sought-after and exciting tech of the event. Maserati, Mercedes and Audi all showcased vehicles with advanced on-board computer capabilities. The thing they all had in common was QNX - all three companies have committed to the technology.
    Aside from vehicles, QNX also holds tremendous promise for embedded systems for Internet of Things (IoT) applications. It�s potential is practically unlimited and the licensing revenues could quickly grow into the billions of dollars. Having connected, intelligent light bulbs in your home or business is great, but you don�t need your light bulbs or your toaster�s software crashing and rebooting. The qualities of QNX make it ideal for lightweight, highly reliable compute applications like these, and the market has already vetted and adopted it for this purpose.
    These two applications alone represent billions of dollars of potential opportunity for QNX. Blackberry has been criticized heavily for owning the technology and for doing practically nothing to advance it. Is it possible that a owner for QNX could have bigger plans for it than we have seen thus far?
    At Last, The Biggest Of All
    I�m going to go out on a limb here and say that this last one could be the biggest commercial bang for Blackberry. BES, or Blackberry Enterprise Server was developed and sold in conjunction with Blackberry handheld devices for use in the enterprise. Basically BES is the software that handles email traffic between Exchange or other email systems and the users� wireless Blackberry devices. However, it does a lot of other things that have made it one of the most beloved pieces of technology among sysadmins and security professionals since its launch.
    Back in 2007-2008, when Blackberry sales fell apart and people started buying iPhones and Androids, there was one group of people who were dragged unwillingly into this new paradigm of handheld devices. For the last several years, IT folks who run the email in large organizations had come to rely on BES to handle the email traffic to user devices, which were mostly Blackberry handhelds. It worked great. BES was secure, reliable, and affordable. It gave them asset control so they could see who was logging in and what they were doing. They didn�t have to risk opening up ports or support protocols required by other smartphones. BES just worked, securely. Best of all, they had almost complete administrative control of the Blackberry device, wherever it was. If they needed to wipe it clean of data, that was a button press away. They could remotely reset and troubleshoot the device for a user on the road. In short, the majority of the configuration and control for devices rested with the BES server and the IT staff. Then the smartphone came along and these powers were ripped from IT�s hands practically overnight.
    Remember what a pain it was getting your work email configured on your first iPhone?
    So do they.
    Many times over.
    Remember the first time someone lost an iPhone with their work email on it? There was nothing IT could do. They were helpless to do nothing but watch while a set of huge new security holes emerged right in front of them. Their beloved BES server could no longer help them since it only worked with Blackberry devices. I had a friend on my company�s helpdesk named Kim. She had reset my lost Blackberry many times over and was able to overnight me a new one by the next day. I remember the first time I called her after I got my Android phone: �You have a what now?� I remember her asking. When I told her, she said, sounding aggravated, �I�m sorry, I can�t help you with that at all, you�re on your own,� then I�m sure she went somewhere to be by herself and smash things.
    Why does this matter in 2015? The hole that was left by BES has never been sufficiently closed, even through today. Many analysts think that BES could have some significant, untapped value if evolved and positioned the right way.
    It�s pretty certain Blackberry devices are not coming back, but analysts speculate that if Blackberry could adapt BES to work with modern devices the same way it works with Blackberry devices, it could have a real moneymaker on its hands. Samsung and Blackberry inked a partnership in November 2014 to collaborate to bring an Android-compatible BES-like solution to market. Apple and IBM partnered earlier in the year to attempt the same thing for iOS devices. If Samsung succeeds and beats Apple to the punch, it would have a major feature advantage to market to enterprise customers. Owning BES and its installed base would definitely accelerate that.
    Do you have a different opinion? Leave your thoughts below, and if you enjoyed this, don�t forget to share!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 06:22 PM
    Today their nervousness showed. Even Apple's huge beat only resulted in a 5% increase aftermarket.
    Or in other words a $32B increase in market cap. Enough to buy BBRY six times. If they are selling 75M iPhones per quarter, I'm thinking they might just buy Blackberry for the patents. Eliminating the #4 mobile OS would just be a convenient bonus.
    Last edited by early2bed; 01-27-15 at 06:38 PM.
    01-27-15 06:26 PM
113,256 ... 31653166316731683169 ...