View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    So, over next 3 months, I want to accumulate as much BBRY as I can
    I'm long blackberry and own a fairly significant position for me in my investment account (separate from my retirement), but it is below 20% of that account value. I won't accumulate more.

I'm sure this is common sense to most of us; however, comments like the above always make me concerned (while this comment may not have been literal, several people have posted similarly)

We all believe blackberry will recover, but it is not without investment risk and their success is not guaranteed. I hope we all diversify our holdings.

Sorry... off my soapbox . See you all at the $100/share party!!!

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    01-13-15 04:10 PM
    This guy is sticky:

"I continue to be skeptical about RIM's long-term prospects," said James Faucette, an analyst with Pacific Crest Securities. "The market for specialized e-mail is ultimately too limited to reach substantial levels of profitability."
    Quoted May 27 2003

Sour BlackBerries - May. 27, 2003
    01-13-15 04:19 PM
    So wait a sec.. James Faucette, an analyst in the MDM market goes and surveys CIO about MDM solutions and Blackberry and also JUST SO happened to be with the company that is about to list an IPO for Good Mountain and Mobileiron?

That's just shady.
    01-13-15 04:29 PM
    01-13-15 04:44 PM
    I "thanked" Corbu for posting those Morgan Stanley articles.... but definitely did not like the content.
    For the record, the fact that I posted part of that report does not mean that I agree with it or like its content. We all know what James Faucette is and seemingly has always been up to (see what W Hoa just posted).

I simply wanted to share with all of you what he specifically wrote instead of relying on the G&M's rehash of it. We already have a hard enough time with them...

I also adhere to this principle, which you all probably know:
    "If you know both yourself and your enemy, you can win numerous (literally, "a hundred") battles without jeopardy." or, more simply "Know Your Enemy".

Cheers,
    01-13-15 04:48 PM
    01-13-15 05:02 PM
    OT: Interesting points of View from AT&T: re: Security, IoT, data Management

The flashiness and wild promises of connected devices and the Internet-of-Things swamped the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show last week. But to fall back on a very tried but true clich at this point, with all this power comes an enormous amount of responsibility -- namely concerning security.
    Organizations need to deploy BYOD solutions through a layered approach by deploying containers from the device to the network to the cloud, Daudelin argued. They also need to be able to segment data on that device but also ensure privacy.
    "It requires an end-to-end view," Daudelin added.
    BYOD will hit an 'inflection point' in 2015: AT&T | ZDNet
    01-13-15 05:06 PM
    01-13-15 05:16 PM
    I have to share this from Zauba site, Blackberry still selling the 9100 series!

Detailed Import Data of blackberry mobile phone
    12,626 import shipment records found.
    Click here to view detailed analysis and trends of Import of blackberry mobile phone
    Click here to view customs import duty of blackberry mobile phone

12-Jan-2015 85171290 MOBILE PHONE (SINGLE SIM) BRAND BLACKBERRY MODEL NO. 9100 Mexico Delhi Air Cargo PCS 220 1,006,522 4,575
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    01-13-15 07:01 PM
    Meh, today's action doesn't surprise me anymore. Not even mad. I'll start to worry when John Chen doesn't deliver on his goals this year.

Fancy BlackBerry tweeting from an iPhone. Again, it's a non matter turned into one, like people expect them to develop apps for cross platform without touching a competitors device.

All noise.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 07:30 PM
    I personally think today's action has to do with the UK's Prime Minister claiming he is against encrypted instant messages. Once the government starts messing around, especially with BlackBerry's core business, it's never a good thing. In the short term at least. Hopefully they can clear up the noise and come up with another official way to get court clearance etc. ....

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 08:33 PM
    01-13-15 08:50 PM
    Someone know something we don't look at the those 2 blocks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	2930 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	327147
    Time and Sales - Intraday Stock Last Price History for BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)
    Those who drove the price down, can easily pick them up at the end of the day. Thanks to MR Fac-u-lett and friends.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-13-15 08:54 PM
    OT HALO: Everyone's favourite clown speaking with Torley on CNBC.

bbjdog, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    01-13-15 08:55 PM
    BlackBerry P'9983 Porsche Design is out of stock on shopblackberry.com Canadian site.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-porsch.png
    01-13-15 09:50 PM
    Sorry it's so long

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/alek...fits-1.2899982

Aleksandr Milrud accused of high-speed trading to make millions in 'illicit profits'
    'The losses to investors due to this innovative fraud could be in the millions,' FBI says

NEW10:32 PM ET
    The Associated Press

A Canadian man who bragged about making up to $50 million a month by running an international stock manipulation scheme using a practice known as layering was charged on Tuesday, prosecutors said.

U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman said it was the first federal securities fraud prosecution of someone accused of using the high-frequency trading strategy.

Aleksandr Milrud, of Ontario*and Aventura, Fla., was arrested at his Florida residence on Tuesday. He faces counts of wire fraud and securities fraud conspiracy. The wire fraud count carries a maximum sentence of 20 years upon conviction, while the conspiracy fraud carries a five-year maximum sentence.

Milrud, 50, was detained pending a bail hearing Friday and couldn't be reached for comment by telephone. He has not retained a lawyer.

"The defendant and his far-flung network of conspirators operated an international scheme in which they generated millions of dollars in illicit profits for themselves with artificial trade orders executed at high speeds," Fishman said in a statement released by the FBI.*

High-speed trading probed by U.S. Justice Department

Milrud recruited stock traders in China and Korea to place high-speed buy or sell orders and then quickly cancel them, known as layering or spoofing, the U.S. attorney's office said. The activity would artificially raise or lower the stock prices and allow traders to exploit the price moves to make profits on trades.

High-speed traders use computers to sift through price changes and data and news feeds to buy and sell stocks in fractions of a second. They've come under scrutiny by regulators as their influence over the market has grown. More than half of stock trading every day is done by high-speed trading firms.

Milrud bragged to an informant that the scheme yielded as much as $600,000 in a day and generated between $1 million and $50 million per month, authorities said. The informant, who owned an off-shore broker-dealer, recorded Milrud on several occasions describing his trading strategies in detail, they said.

"The losses to investors due to this innovative fraud could be in the millions," said Aaron Ford, special agent in charge of the FBI's Newark office.*

Ford said in a statement that Milrud was behind a "sophisticated, international, groundbreaking market manipulation scheme that utilized an illicit, high-speed trading strategy to execute trades."

The FBI*will continue to seek out and investigate "frauds such as this one in order to ensure a level playing field for all investors," Ford said in the statement.*
    01-13-15 10:50 PM
    OT: could BlackBerry simply give people the option of private pin/not private pin for BBM? Something that could be adjusted in settings, for example?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:30 AM
    OT TSLA:

I've had my eye on TSLA for a while now and I want to buy into their long term story, but am skeptical. I also want to buy their product but that's another story. I know there are some followers / investors on this forum and I'd be very interested in hearing their opinion on where this company is going. Care to take a stab, Morgan?

I really think this is a stock that we can all learn something from. I do not want to be responsible for veering the conversation off course or starting any off topic debate, because I must warn anyone who is not familiar in this stock, it gets vicious. If you thought the war between BBRY bulls and bears was bad, you ain't seen nothing vs TSLA. I mean, there are people on very far ends of the spectrum on this one that either really love or really hate this stock / company / CEO. It's a highly speculative / high risk play that just saw an insane ~500% increase over the past two years. The shorts got screwed really bad, but they still seem to leech to this stock... something I can see plaguing BlackBerry for years to come. Any thoughts?
    01-14-15 08:35 AM
    OT: could BlackBerry simply give people the option of private pin/not private pin for BBM? Something that could be adjusted in settings, for example?

Posted via CB10
    Was just wondering if they couldn't set things up so that those with open settings would automatically add others with open settings in their address book or something - a sort of compromise between the BBM way, and the WhatsApp way of adding people. I would end up keeping the private way, but then I'd always have the option of simply adding people who have the open setting enabled...

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:38 AM
    OT: Interesting points of View from AT&T: re: Security, IoT, data Management

BYOD will hit an 'inflection point' in 2015: AT&T | ZDNet
    Funny, on the heels of their new relationship with BlackBerry.
    Unfortunately no mention of BlackBerry in the article, but you can definitely see the direction AT&T is taking right now. This could be the US support we need.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:12 AM
    Just a reminder for your planning purposes, the US exchanges will be closed Monday, 19 January for the Martin Luther King Jr Day observance.

https://www.nyse.com/markets/hours-calendars

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Don't see why not, I'm sure the capability is there. Don't know what the cost-benefit would be though.

I'm guessing something like "Vanity PINs" can be issued. Like what they are planning for subscriptions:

"BlackBerry to offer ad-free BBM subscription with vanity PIN"

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/01/07/bl...th-vanity-pin/
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 01-14-15 at 11:04 AM.
    01-14-15 09:18 AM
    OT TSLA:

I really think this is a stock that we can all learn something from.

Any thoughts?
    The stock is insane. I looked at it around $40 and decided it was already overvalued. Thought about trying to ride the momentum at about $110, again at $170. Then saw it fall back from $210 and thought it was finally right-pricing itself, but it bounced of $140 all the way to $280!!!

Now, after a slow bleed, Musk announces the obvious; five years away from profitability, and everyone acts shocked and runs for the exits. No doubt this will bottom out again and then go on another massive run. There is just no way I'm going to put my money into it, because I feel rationality will eventually become a factor.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-14-15 09:19 AM
    I personally think today's action has to do with the UK's Prime Minister claiming he is against encrypted instant messages. Once the government starts messing around, especially with BlackBerry's core business, it's never a good thing. In the short term at least. Hopefully they can clear up the noise and come up with another official way to get court clearance etc. ....

Posted via CB10
    I was hoping for regulations to work in favour of encryption methods, having incentives for public and private companies to obtain certified tools (like what BlackBerry offers) in regulated environments (like banking, HealthCare, finance, government, etc...)

All this may be a sticking point with freedom of speech...wonder which way and to what degree government impact will be on mobile security.
    bbjdog likes this.
    01-14-15 09:23 AM
    OT TSLA:

I've had my eye on TSLA for a while now and I want to buy into their long term story, but am skeptical. I also want to buy their product but that's another story. I know there are some followers / investors on this forum and I'd be very interested in hearing their opinion on where this company is going. Care to take a stab, Morgan?

I really think this is a stock that we can all learn something from. I do not want to be responsible for veering the conversation off course or starting any off topic debate, because I must warn anyone who is not familiar in this stock, it gets vicious. If you thought the war between BBRY bulls and bears was bad, you ain't seen nothing vs TSLA. I mean, there are people on very far ends of the spectrum on this one that either really love or really hate this stock / company / CEO. It's a highly speculative / high risk play that just saw an insane ~500% increase over the past two years. The shorts got screwed really bad, but they still seem to leech to this stock... something I can see plaguing BlackBerry for years to come. Any thoughts?
    I also like the company's story and its products, but I am also skeptical about its market share. When it first started, the story made perfect sense, 'make an environmentally friendly car that people actually like to drive (make it look sexy)'. Which it did with the Tesla Roadster based on the Lotus Elise. The Roadster looked great, I wanted to buy one. But when they decide to move into mass market with the Model S, I wasn't impressed, nothing really stood out. It looks like a Ford crossed with Aston Martin. BMW is coming out with its i-cars, Toyota already has plug-ins and production has started for its Mirai hydrogen car on sale this year, Porsche is also in (the Boxster E looks good), and GM just showed a $30K Chevrolet Bolt capable of a 200 mile range. This seems to cover a wide range of the market that overlaps with Tesla's. Can't help but wonder, what's Tesla's edge in this fight?
    morganplus8, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-14-15 09:27 AM
104,878 ... 31203121312231233124 ...