1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    01-12-15 11:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 11:23 AM
    @BrianFlys Don't forget to factor in that the whole market is down. Everything in my portfolios besides HALO is in the red

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    01-12-15 11:40 AM
    QNX!!!!!!
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    01-12-15 11:55 AM
    Market is down, BBRY goes down. Market is up...BBRY goes down most days. #gettingold

From my Z30...Awesome!
    01-12-15 12:19 PM
    The BlackBerry global network infrastructure today handles approximately 35 petabytes of mobile data per month in data centers located around the world and manages peering connections with more than 300 mobile operators and 400 partner networks worldwide."
    I saw this last week in BlackBerry's press release. At the time the Z10 was launched, didn't BlackBerry have relationships with somewhere around 675 mobile operators worldwide? Did it shrink down to 300?
    01-12-15 12:54 PM
    U.S. Central Command Twitter feed appears hacked by IS sympathizers

U.S. Central Command Twitter feed appears hacked by IS sympathizers | Reuters
    01-12-15 01:12 PM
    The markets down not even 1% and BlackBerry is down 3 times that. Happens almost all the time on the anti free market US exchange. Why does the US hate freedom, democracy, free markets and BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 01:31 PM
    01-12-15 01:33 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=tl6y9cOX

Edit. Having technical difficulties.
    Please stand by.....

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=tl6y9cOX

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150112_143542.png

For anyone interested.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and bbjdog like this.
    01-12-15 01:36 PM
    ^^^. Links not working

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 01:42 PM
    Market is down, BBRY goes down. Market is up...BBRY goes down most days. #gettingold

From my Z30...Awesome!
    I feel your frustration. But coming on here and getting upset about it won't help. Sorry, I'm just being honest. Many of us have been here for years saying the same thing and nothing is going to change until the shorts exit this trade. The shorts control this stock, which is why on days where we have major announcements / positive earnings, we only go up a little, yet we get slammed on days when there is bad news or the market is bearish. As long as their is any perceived uncertainty about this company, we're just not going to shake them off. It's just something you must get used to if you are going to trade / hold this stock. Don't expect a short term miracle and wait for Chen's turnaround plan to take hold and then its straight to $13.50 and beyond. I expect it to remain this way until we can show concrete evidence beyond any reasonable doubt that BlackBerry is here to stay and making money! GL!
    01-12-15 01:42 PM
    Morgan.. I think your wife might be reading this thread!!! Good luck trying to talk yourself out of that one... :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 01:46 PM
    The markets down not even 1% and BlackBerry is down 3 times that. Happens almost all the time on the anti free market US exchange. Why does the US hate freedom, democracy, free markets and BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    What are you babbling about?
    helopilot06 likes this.
    01-12-15 01:47 PM
    I was expecting the browsers affected to be much older than the browser on 2/3 of all Android devices. Eeek!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-12-15 01:52 PM
    I was expecting the browsers affected to be much older than the browser on 2/3 of all Android devices. Eeek
    No reason to worry, though. Google is so concerned about security that it actually polices others...
    BBC News - Microsoft hits out at Google team over bug report

Microsoft reacted angrily when Google posted details of the bug online before a patch to fix the issue was released.

The disclosure was part of Google's Project Zero initiative that seeks to pressure firms into dealing with security problems more quickly.
    awindsr, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    01-12-15 01:57 PM
    Morgan.. I think your wife might be reading this thread!!! Good luck trying to talk yourself out of that one... :-)

Posted via CB10
    Just like most of us, our wives can read our poker face. They know when we are up to something, even when they have no concrete evidence.
    I remember M8 mentioned that his wife likes CSI type shows. I think she has a circumstantial case for now.
    Stay under the radar (Dexter) Morgan!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:01 PM
    If an upgrade to update would be coming to passport 2, I would love for it to have an All Touch Passport version.

People would go nuts (in a good way). They love "big shiny screens", and a 4:3 ratio or 3:2 ratio would be king. imo

Doctors, professionals in med field, average joe consumers, architects, holster types in big industry, etc...I think would dig the big screen as it would benefit their type of work.

That way, for sure, a tablet would not be required.

The beauty of the Passport, aside from the OS, is that it is not a super big phone, extremely pocket friendly, extremely professional looking, compared to others on the market. I think it is the perfect size for big type phones.

For finance peeps or those that sport suits and fine dress clothes "might" prefer the Classic due to the pocketability factor.
    (honestly, the Classic is geared to the 9900 faithful, hence the slight upgrade and to assist with the transition to the new OS and having familiar hardware)

Again, people like seeing their work, or seeing things on a big screen, yet compact enough to carry. The Passport, with 3 rows, is ideal. An All Touch PP would cater to those who crave a big, professional, all touch phone.

Since stocks are taking a beating today.... thought I would share the following link of an All Touch Passort (concept) for those that haven't seen this befiore:

http://berryflow.com/2015/01/blackbe...nected-stylus/

Don't care for all the colours,(better than all the RED today!!) but a nice option for some.
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 01-12-15 at 04:14 PM.
    01-12-15 02:49 PM
    01-12-15 02:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi _dimi_ !!!!

Good to see you are still following this play! I can assure you, she wants nothing to do with BlackBerry! If I so much as joked about buying some BBRY for her, she would leave me. She hates BB, a product of 4 years of negative news, she hears about how terrible this company is, how it is going under and how no one buys their phones any more. Then she finds out how much we are invested in it ................ its so bad, we aren't allowed to even bring up the subject until I have sold the position. Now she is starting to hear some good news, positive cash-flow, earnings etc., and everyone likes my Passport, if the stock could climb to the mid $ 20.00s we could start talking about it again. So CB is out of the question!

I still can't fly, so she is taking the families to Mexico for a holiday, myself and my brother-in-law are staying back with the youngest kid (13), ..... we will be BBQ'ing, drinking, hot-tubing and closing a deal on that property North of mine! I bounced it off her saying, "if we owned that property, we could join forces with my buddy to the South and put in two nice golf holes"! Truth is, I need that waterfront to expand my dock further (currently 70 ft.), more toys coming and I'm running out of dock! Anyway, this woman is so smart, I can't seem to get away with anything. She is so good at predicting my next move that she started using my SUV daily so that I can't drive off and pickup/buy anything worthwhile now. Clever girl.
    01-12-15 03:04 PM
    How BlackBerry Plans to Win Back Banks Business

BlackBerry's new chief executive, John Chen, has a simple vision for winning back market share in the financial, healthcare and government markets: providing a hyper-secure environment for mobile devices.

But will his vision of a secure ecosystem for mobile devices resonate with large bank clients, many of which are starting to migrate away from BlackBerry or are thinking about it? Citigroup, Bank of America and Credit Suisse have all publicly spoken of shifting from issuing BlackBerrys to employees to letting staffers use their own devices.

Analyst firm Gartner actually warned clients still using BlackBerry to "decide on a new course of action" in a September report, citing BlackBerry's mounting financial woes stemming from its eroding market share.

Chen was brought in to fix the beleaguered mobile device maker in November, having previously engineered a turnaround at database manufacturer Sybase. When Chen joined Sybase in 1998, the company had been losing money for four years following an overall downturn in the economy and problems in its Japanese division. Chen curtailed operations in areas in which Sybase is unprofitable and broke the company down into smaller, more manageable chunks.

In an interview with American Banker Friday, Chen outlined a short-term plan for the Waterloo, Ontario, mobile device company that is laser-focused on security. Secure smartphones; the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 12, which is scheduled to debut in November and will manage iPhone, Android, Windows and old and new BlackBerry devices; and secure enterprise messaging based on BlackBerry Messenger, an instant messaging system for BlackBerry devices are the cornerstones. In coming releases, the company will connect handsets, server and messaging software, conceivably creating an airtight infrastructure for mobile communications.

Chen points out that awareness of security and identity management rises all the time in the financial industry. He says BlackBerry has an advantage over competitors like Good Technology, AirWatch, and MobileIron because of the time-proven, patented security components of its technology.

"The Federal Reserve Bank and OCC put cybersecurity as one of the top risk factors for all financial institutions in the U.S." he says. "This plays to the strength of BlackBerry. Because of our network operating center and all our patents, and because of the way we encrypt messages, the way we build our handset and server, we have the only end-to-end encryption."

Observers say the company, whose BlackBerry Enterprise Server is still in use at many banks for managing employees' mobile devices, has a chance.

"BlackBerry technology has a strong foothold in the [financial services] market," notes Jacob Jegher, research director at Celent. "BlackBerry Enterprise Server has been the de facto standard for years in terms of managing security and policies for corporate-issued BlackBerry mobile devices."

Enabling its server software to manage all devices, not just BlackBerry phones, is an important move for the company.

"If BlackBerry is to survive in this market, this is what they need to focus on," Jegher says. "Their only move at this point to stay relevant in their core market is to say 'stay with us and let us manage all your devices, we can support everything.'"

One challenge is making the server work with diverse devices, Jegher points out. For instance, Android devices are more open and harder to manage in a centralized way. "Once you open to other devices and operating systems, it's almost a Pandora's box," he says.

"I like this idea a lot for [BlackBerry]," Jegher says. "Is it too little, too late? That's the big question. There are a lot of competitors."

James Gordon, chief technology officer at Needham Bank in Massachusetts, also wonders about the "too little, too late" question.

"Blackberry has to create something markedly different and new," Gordon says. "They were innovators of push email. Before that, there was no such thing as a wireless email connection. They innovated, they rightfully earned their spot at the top of the market, they held that until 2008, but they lost that crown as soon as the iPhone came out in 2007." Apple changed the game by positioning smartphones as more than just a device for email, but a whole mobile operating system.

"In order to get ahead, you can't just feature match, that will not get you ahead of the game," he says.

Needham Bank two years ago began using MobileIron, which provides device management with one dashboard to manage apps across all employee devices, Gordon says. Needham Bank employees are allowed to use whatever devices they want; some employees have been issued iPhones and iPads.

"I'm glad BlackBerry finally woke up, but it's a stronger market now with MobileIron, AirWatch, Good Technology, and BlackBerry," Gordon says. "I welcome BlackBerry to that space, but they will have to prove themselves."

At the mention of such competitors, Chen counters, "You're comparing the NFL with Division 3."

Google is also rumored to be considering launching its own device management software.

Chen acknowledges that BlackBerry has lost share in the device management market. One reason is when the trend toward bring-your-own-device came, the company did not adjust its server right away so it could be used to manage all the different devices employees were bringing in.

"The company has caught up to the fact that we need to be able to manage not only a BlackBerry device but Android, iPhone and Windows handsets," he says.

He adds that BlackBerry still counts many of the biggest financial services firms as its customers.

"I'm very comfortable with the fact that we have lot of good technologists, know-how, patents, I'm quite encouraged about what we can get done," Chen says.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server 12, like the current version 10, will help corporate and government users manage policies, rules and restrictions on smartphones used by their employees.

The Enterprise Server runs through BlackBerry's Network Operations Center, which according to Chen is the most secure infrastructure available. "It's firewall protected, everything is encrypted in and out, with authenticated devices," he says.

Chen refers to BlackBerry Messenger as a secure intranet portal. "That's where we put a lot of effort into making sure the outside world doesn't crack into the inside world," he says. BlackBerry Messenger has 85 million active users and 125 million registered users.

"The short-term, immediate plan is to get all these anchor pieces connected together in a secure, highly productive, collaborative way," Chen says.

Later, the company will work on identity management systems to provide extra

authentication for employees as they are logging in. There will be a control center to monitor who is accessing what.

Farther down the road are plans for a connected, secure ecosystem for the Internet of things. Internet of things refers to the not-too-distant day when everyday objects have network connectivity, allowing them to send and receive data. Some cars and wireless sensors already have such connectivity (and some already use BlackBerry's QNX kernel). This idea is that someday, everything from your refrigerator to your toaster to items in a grocery aisle will be streaming information to your mobile device.

http://www.americanbanker.com/issues...1067309-1.html

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    01-12-15 03:04 PM
    In other words: Management admits its failure to advance its core business segment and further admits it is unable to do so in the near future - it is only a question of time when management must consider a break-up sale to secure sufficient value for Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and the six contrarian Canadian convertible bond holders.

.....Just to set the tone of the article

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2813...44d90&uprof=17

Posted via CB10
    FUD

#BBFactCheck
    01-12-15 03:15 PM
    Since stocks are taking a beating today.... thought I would share the following link of an All Touch Passort (concept) for those that haven't seen this befiore:

http://berryflow.com/2015/01/blackbe...nected-stylus/

Don't care for all the colours, but a nice option for some.
    Waiting for that one !

Z10
    01-12-15 03:34 PM
    The author is a relentless basher. Just look at all his previous comments at SA regarding BBRY. Always sees the glass half empty.
    Although some of facts stated were true, it is mostly in the past. That I would give him.
    01-12-15 03:47 PM
    Was first posted months ago. Looks interesting, Could be the answer to a question nobody is asking ... but so was my beautiful beast Passport.

Info here is more complete. Specs are great if true.

http://www.dhabkirkdesigns.com/2015/...culation-real/

Posted with my flash Passport
    BlackBerry : here is my money. Take it now. Take it all and give me that damn device now !

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-12-15 04:22 PM
107,458 ... 31163117311831193120 ...