View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Guys, gals.....

Just ask Morgan, he had a conversation with the pimp (aka JC) just the other night. ...
    01-11-15 04:24 PM
    My question is has anyone else noticed as of recently, John Chen hasn't been as confident as usual? For example ER, he didn't take questions from many analysts including James Faucette. I thought that was out of his character to avoid the situation.
    I agree with what has already been said about the iCloud hacking reference which was made in an interview with David Pogue (Yahoo: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/watch-bla...489276744.html). Not need to poke the bear unduly, I say.

As for the first part of your comment, looking over the transcript again, it turns ou that JC answered questions from all 9 analysts present. For the record, James Faucette was not present. Morgan Stanley was not represented. I do remember that the EC ended somewhat precipitously as he said he had to attend a town hall meeting with his employees.

So, I wouldn't conclude that he seemed lacking in confidence in this specific instance.

This is purely my own opinion, based on my interpretation of his latest interviews (this one included: BlackBerry CEO: The brand is here to stay | On Air Videos | Fox Business) and reading between the lines but, for what it's worth, I personnally get the feeling, lately, that the aspect of the business with which he seems to be less confident is Hardware. Not saying that they won't ultimately achieve their goals but let's say he seems to be quite confident with the software/services side and perhaps less so with the hardware side. Given his background and the makeup of his team, one could say that should not be surprising. He has also acknowledged that they have a lot of work to do (notably on distribution: Chen: BlackBerry Messenger can drum up $100 million).

I do hope, though, that they manage to reinvigorate the hardware business over the next 4-6 Qs. BlackBerry has so much to offer there, especially in the higher end segment, I believe.

Cheers,
    01-11-15 04:37 PM
    Susan Sarandon is so incredibly sexy

Classically Posted.
    Not bad for a heavy drinker.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-11-15 07:10 PM
    What Chen is concerned is not always tied to the questions. I'm sure he doesn't spend a lot of time caring about why I cloud got hacked so why should he be expected to be a subject matter expert when querried?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:13 PM
    Hey, I can see jc being concerned about hardware. But I don't think he needs to worry.
    The apple walled garden might be tough to escape from but the android ecosystem is open. In the time we've gone from 10.1 to 10.3.1 we've seen people jump to the slab phones and seen them getting bigger and bigger. People are always looking for the next thing and slab phones have run their race. Apple, like an aging movie star, still looks good, but demands fees that are too high. Blackberry 10 is like the child of the aged movie star. They know the business, know the players and can do their own stunts. I think that there are lots of folks that will jump back onto the pkb now that iPhone is aging and bb10 is coming into it's prime.
    Apple and Sammy are both going to get hit hard by the Chinese manufactures. But nobody can make a pkb like BlackBerry

BB10 4 ME
    01-11-15 07:27 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Just want to add one comment that if JC wants to sit down to have some conversation with somebody, James Fausette would be the last one.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    Exactly.. he will reward those who are credible.. and rightly so not give any credibility to others... why should he play to guys with hidden agendas...

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:34 PM
    People around me with iPhone 4 & 5 models that they try to use for work seem embarrassed these days. Much like BlackBerry users 3 yrs ago.

They know the phones really aren't up to it. Haven't seen more than a couple of 6's. The users were not business folk.
    The next little while will be interesting

Posted with my flash Passport
    01-11-15 07:54 PM
    01-11-15 08:16 PM
    The only question I have is about point #3. Aren't there four strategic divisions of BlackBerry now? The article indicates only three.

1)Enterprise Services
    2)Messaging
    3)QNX
    4)Devices

Loved the article tho. And title should draw in some people expecting something different

Thanks for posting it here. Definitely a good read.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    01-11-15 11:07 PM
    Hi gang.
    Sorry no time for catching up. Last week has been a no-job-zone.
    Will probably disappear from the radar two or three days more.

Last post about what happened last week but I couldn't end without something that sums up what I felt back home on Sunday night.
    4 million people were in the streets in France, 1.5 million+ in Paris alone.
    Cops were applauded. We felt as one. Love was in the air. No revenge hateful slogans.
    In fact, no slogan at all, besides "je suis Charlie" and our national anthem.
    Not a single mirror was broken.

But please, understand we are Latin people. The above isn't weakness. We're not puppies.
    So, as a conclusion, I wanted to share this picture with you. Sums um pretty much everything.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-b7iznitcaae4agc.jpg

Again, thanks a thousand times for all the amazing support.
    (from the) People of France

(please do not "thanks" this post)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-12-15 at 04:30 AM.
    01-12-15 03:05 AM
    I have a question for this thread, but before I ask let me make a few comments. BlackBerry is at least 25% of my portfolio, largely because I believe in John Chen and the inherent value on the company's balance sheet. If I could sit down with one person in this world for a conversation it would right now be JC.

My question is has anyone else noticed as of recently, John Chen hasn't been as confident as usual? For example ER, he didn't take questions from many analysts including James Faucette. I thought that was out of his character to avoid the situation.

Second example is the interview where he was asked about the iCloud getting hacked at CES and he stated BlackBerry couldn't of been hacked. I believe it was Fox, but I can't recall. He said um a hundred times paused several times. Just wasn't his confident normal self.

Am I reading too much into it, or has anyone else noticed the same thing?
    Welcome to CB as you are new jan.5 and made your 5-6 post. Your post is more FUD then anything else.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 06:34 AM
    01-12-15 06:43 AM
    Have a look at this guys...speculation??
    http://quenquen.tumblr.com/post/1078...y-is-coming-to

Posted via CB10
    Was first posted months ago. Looks interesting, Could be the answer to a question nobody is asking ... but so was my beautiful beast Passport.

Info here is more complete. Specs are great if true.

http://www.dhabkirkdesigns.com/2015/...culation-real/

01-12-15 07:05 AM
    Was first posted months ago. Looks interesting, Could be the answer to a question nobody is asking ... but so was my beautiful beast Passport.

Thanks...interesting for sure.

Classically Posted.
    01-12-15 07:26 AM
    Good Monday Morning, Gang!

I'd like to throw a shameless OT request to Morgan on ACAD. I think you were spot on when you pointed out that HALO tracks this stock. I've been riding this one since the second half of 2013 and buying on dips. I like the company, I like the cash position and I really like the potential of NUPLAZID (pimavanserin). This thing has only been going in one direction for the past 6 months and I think it might be time to take some profits. I'm afraid a lot of the success is already baked into their $3.3B market cap. However, if NUPLAZID has even a modest success as has been suggested, I'd expect the price to go through the roof. I've learned my lesson selling out of SLXP and TGTX too early in their massive upticks in the past so I'd like to hold if this rally is just getting started. How do you suggest playing this? Do you see the biotech market as a whole in 2015 being a factor? Please wait to AH to respond if you feel it suits the thread. THANK YOU!

To balance this post out a little bit, I look forward to another exciting week for BBRY. We did a great job stabilizing the SP last week at the 3-DMA, so I'm hoping we start to move back up from here. This thread is on fire these days and it feels like we are on the verge of another ER, judging by the excitement in this stock. Media sentiment is starting to improve and I think we are in store for a great 2015. The big question is, will Chen surprise next quarter? An increase in revenue ahead of schedule will do wonders and prove we are on our way up.. for good!
    01-12-15 08:08 AM
    OT:
    Obama turns focus to Internet security, privacy | Reuters

Defense.gov News Article: Sony Hacking Shows Need for Cyber Laws, Dempsey Says

WASHINGTON, Jan. 11, 2015 – The recent hacking of Sony Pictures that the U.S. government has blamed on North Korea demonstrates a need for new cyber legislation that he has helped to champion for two years, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said in an interview broadcast today.

Speaking on “Fox News Sunday With Chris Wallace,” Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey said the hacking incident didn’t teach him anything new.

“It's actually confirmed what I've been saying. Two years ago, I actually participated -- and I'd like to think in some way led with Gen. Keith Alexander at the time -- the National Security Agency directive: an effort to get cyber legislation passed to account for two things that are vulnerabilities in our ability to protect ourselves in cyber,” the chairman said. Alexander was NSA director at the time.

Need for Standards, Information Sharing

“One is some level of standards, cyber standards,” Dempsey continued. “And the other was information sharing -- the ability of the government and [the private sector] to share information about attacks, whether it's the signatures of attacks or the actual occurrence of attacks. And we didn't succeed two years ago.”

Cyber can be incredibly destructive and disruptive, the general said, with potential to disable critical infrastructure, which could lead to loss of life. Though the United States generally enjoys a significant military advantage, he added, that’s not the case in the cyber domain.

“We don't have an advantage,” he said. “It's a level playing field. And that makes this chairman very uncomfortable.”
    Last edited by Corbu; 01-12-15 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added content
    01-12-15 08:24 AM
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/top-t...pany-jim-opfer

Good article.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    01-12-15 08:32 AM
    Wouldn't it be nice to check our stocks and have them all green for once! Lol. I see bbry is tracking down with the market in general but HALO Is doing nicely

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-12-15 08:55 AM
    In other words: Management admits its failure to advance its core business segment and further admits it is unable to do so in the near future - it is only a question of time when management must consider a break-up sale to secure sufficient value for Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and the six contrarian Canadian convertible bond holders.

.....Just to set the tone of the article

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2813...44d90&uprof=17

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:57 AM
    Good Monday Morning, Gang!

I'd like to throw a shameless OT request to Morgan on ACAD. I think you were spot on when you pointed out that HALO tracks this stock. I've been riding this one since the second half of 2013 and buying on dips. I like the company, I like the cash position and I really like the potential of NUPLAZID (pimavanserin). This thing has only been going in one direction for the past 6 months and I think it might be time to take some profits. I'm afraid a lot of the success is already baked into their $3.3B market cap. However, if NUPLAZID has even a modest success as has been suggested, I'd expect the price to go through the roof. I've learned my lesson selling out of SLXP and TGTX too early in their massive upticks in the past so I'd like to hold if this rally is just getting started. How do you suggest playing this? Do you see the biotech market as a whole in 2015 being a factor? Please wait to AH to respond if you feel it suits the thread. THANK YOU!

To balance this post out a little bit, I look forward to another exciting week for BBRY. We did a great job stabilizing the SP last week at the 3-DMA, so I'm hoping we start to move back up from here. This thread is on fire these days and it feels like we are on the verge of another ER, judging by the excitement in this stock. Media sentiment is starting to improve and I think we are in store for a great 2015. The big question is, will Chen surprise next quarter? An increase in revenue ahead of schedule will do wonders and prove we are on our way up.. for good!
    Many Comments:

No problem talking about several things today, I missed the board this past weekend as my wife is watching my every move. For some reason, she thinks I'm up to something so she is making sure I don't get a chance to make a purchase or do some deal! Why? I don't know what made her suspicious but I am trying to buy my neighbours property down at the lake without her consent, how does she know that?

Rarsen !! - that P85D Tesla is so cool, now that they have it in Canada, I might have to make a trip there and have a look at their cars. The last thing I need is a vehicle like that, just got a speeding ticket a month ago and couldn't talk my way out of it completely! I have a connection at Tesla now, I would talk to them before doing anything, maybe tour the plant etc., great company but as LCJR says, I need to upgrade my suit or they might not take my money! Ha!

As for ACAD - Nuplazid is very important for it's off-label uses. They will sell a ton of that drug for other purposes as it is so promising for at least two other indications. The stock is heading for $ 36.50/shr on the charts and mid $ 40.00's this year in the strongest of sectors, biotech. You can sell out in the $ 36.00 area, sell calls against your position and generate some revenue from it, either is fine. If you see something that produces more than a 25% return in 2015 roll out and into that. HALO is tracking ACAD now, we should see a 52-week high in the next couple of months, say by March/April at the latest. If you own HALO, please look at their news release today, it contains almost everything they are up to this year. HALO is fast becoming my number 1 stock as it grows into its space.

As for BBRY, we are dragging our heals today, drifting lower on light volume, I still see a rally to $ 13.50/shr coming and it only takes 3 - 4 days to accomplish that. I see us down around the levels that we were earlier in 2014 with the stock depressed now at $ 10.00/shr. I'll post a chart when I get a chance, I made one up and my PC crashed while installing new software for my satellite feed.

I see gold is up, markets are down, oil is getting crushed, not a good start as the US dollar is the safe haven right now. We need to stop the bleeding in oil to get this market rolling again. That's enough for now!!
    Mr BBRY, lcjr, bbjdog and 14 others like this.
    01-12-15 08:59 AM
    I really love to see that rally to 13.50
    01-12-15 09:03 AM
    Just a quick glance of the beautiful view from my control station via BlackBerry Blend! How did I ever work before this?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture-1.12.15.png
    01-12-15 09:13 AM

Yes, the "Visa" has been posted a while now. Usually some of Dillans concepts are pretty damn close to what is supposed to be released as he has the inside scoop for hardware as a tester. (from what I noticed).

Too many moving parts? Looks nice and clean though.

MWC 2015 will be interesting to see what they mention!
    01-12-15 09:22 AM

I hope there are government incentives/laws put in place for mobile security going forward. These high profile threats are becoming more common.

Ties in with:

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/video/wh...cV~24Qp7A.html

A major plus for BlackBerry!!!
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, bbjdog and 1 others like this.
    01-12-15 09:25 AM
    Down again? WTF? Nothing but good news and mostly positive stories, yet the SP is headed below $10 again. WTF? Another rally will only take it to maybe $12...again. Where is the support for this stock?

From my Z30...Awesome!
    01-12-15 10:07 AM
105,499 ... 31153116311731183119 ...