View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    What I have seen in the corporate world over the last few years is that people have changed their blackberries to iOS or Android (because of work or it was time for them to upgrade their phone from their carrier) and they wanted something "new"......and because BB didn't have anything compelling at the time, or not even offered by carriers, or going through the negative media, they obviously chosen something other than BB.

What they noticed is that there was a direct correlation to their 14 yr old daughter of phone choice (for example) which they didn't like. Also, it didn't really do what their BB did and nor was capable of. It did, let's say, 5 things whereas the BB was able to do 10 things. The nice thing was that those devices did those 5 things really well and they lived with not being able to do the rest.

So they accepted it and of course lived with it. Some of them almost seemed "embarrassed" to have a non-BB device in the corporate world. Hence those die hard that clinged on to their 9900s. But since more and more iOSes and Androids became more common in the corporate world, it was "ok" to have one. Now of course having these devices is the norm and the BB device is the outcast.

Now the PP is starting to catch their attention again. It started highlighting what the BB OS can do, like it was "new" or something. This is sad because the Z and Q series already did that years before, but the media didn't put nearly as much emphasis on it like they have with the PP and naturally the masses didn't follow. This positive media outlook is also paving the way for the Classic, so hopefully the transition to this device from previous BBs is strong.

I'm sure you read tons of posts saying the same over the last few years, but it is nice seeing the "positive" articles becoming more prevalent now.

Hopefully those who switched camps can finally see that having a new BB device is actually quite good overall and in some respects better and (only few minor places not as good).

This one waiter at a bar in Chicago saw my phone just recently....and of course asked "whoa, what is that?" And I told him Blackberry. He replied the usual, "I thought they were out of business"....

I replied, "no, no......They are actually taking care of business "

This big ship is ALREADY turning.... 😉
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 01-10-15 at 07:09 PM.
    01-10-15 06:27 PM
    What I have seen in the corporate world over the last few years is that people have changed their blackberries to iOS or Android (because of work or it was time for them to upgrade their phone from their carrier) and they wanted something "new"......and because BB didn't have anything compelling at the time, or not even offered by carriers, or going through the negative media, they obviously chosen something other than BB.

What they noticed is that there was a direct correlation to their 14 yr old daughter of phone choice (for example) which they didn't like. Also, it didn't really do what their BB did and nor was capable of. It did, let's say, 5 things whereas the BB was able to do 10 things. The nice thing was that those devices did those 5 things really well and they lived with not being able to do the rest.

So they accepted it and of course lived with it. Some of them almost seemed "embarrassed" to have a non-BB device in the corporate world. Hence those die hard that clinged on to their 9900s. But since more and more iOSes and Androids became more common in the corporate world, it was "ok" to have one.

Now the PP is starting to catch their attention again. It started highlighting what the BB OS can do, like it was "new" or something. This is sad because the Z and Q series already did that years before, but the media didn't put nearly as much emphasis on it like they have with the PP and naturally the masses didn't follow. This positive media outlook is also paving the way for the Classic, so hopefully the transition to this device from previous BBs is strong.

I'm sure you read tons of posts saying the same over the last few years, but it is nice seeing the "positive" articles becoming more prevalent now.

Hopefully those who switched camps can finally see that having a new BB device is actually quite good overall and in some respects better and (only few minor places not as good).

This one waiter at a bar in Chicago saw my phone just recently....and of course asked "whoa, what is that?" And I told him Blackberry. He replied the usual, "I thought they were out of business"....

I replied, "no, no......They are actually taking care of business "

This big ship is ALREADY turning....
    Good post! Thanks.
    Corbu, bbjdog, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    01-10-15 07:03 PM
    ...... They've been calling for the sale of the handset division for some time now. It doesn't seem as though BlackBerry are listening, which is good.

Posted via CB10
    This is very true, and nice to see from BB.

You can see from the interviews that JC has given, where he is repeatedly asked after his numerous announcements of all these new products coming online, "but Wall Street still doesn't think so, the stock isn't reacting as much" blah blah.... something like that.

And JC basically replies by saying, "Well that is them, I said what I was going to do, (be cash flow positive, etc)", and shrugs it off. H cant control them.

Basically, he (BB) is doing what they have to do... and eventually Wall Street will come through.

The stock stabilization is the first sign.
    Corbu, CDM76, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    01-10-15 08:01 PM
    I see the same sentiment. Everyone loves my Passport. Most iPhone users say things like "I just have an iPhone" or "it does the job".

I have noticed this for a while, but then see the carrier anti-support as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:05 PM
    OT: more evidence of the Passport's beauty. Girlfriend had arranged a surprise meet-up with our friends for my birthday at the new Ripley's Aquarium in Toronto. There was a live jazz band, as well as beer and wine. Managed to snap a couple beauties -

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150109_220229.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150109_223142.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20150109_224729.jpg

Also met Susan Suranden, much to the excitement of a couple of our friends.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:17 PM
    Like that idea. Same profile as Passport but all touch. Would be a 4:3 screen which is a popular document proportion

Posted with my flash Passport
    Yes, the 4:3 ratio is the closest to an 8.5x11 sheet of paper. How perfect would be to market as a true work wide theme!?!

The bonus: video clips would play amazingly well in landscape mode, so that would do away with the current PP skeptics who harp about those "black bars".
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-10-15 09:19 PM
    Susan Sarandon is so incredibly sexy

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-10-15 09:23 PM
    Susan Sarandon is so incredibly sexy

Classically Posted.
    Lol, I never would have thought so, but seeing her in person, wow. Incredible for a 68-year old woman.

Look at pictures of her daughter as well. Another stunner.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-10-15 09:29 PM
    Nice pics bspence and happy birthday!

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    01-10-15 09:42 PM
    Good night, I'll keep reading you guys tomorrow....zzzzzz

Z10
    01-10-15 09:44 PM
    I see the same sentiment. Everyone loves my Passport. Most iPhone users say things like "I just have an iPhone" or "it does the job".
    I don't have a Passport, but when I show such people Balance, BBM Groups (for family calendaring), and lately Blend, I get a "I just have an iPhone" or "I don't need anything that sophisticated, an iPhone is fine for me" reaction. I had to bite my tongue when they started talking about streaming to a TV from an iPhone.

I recently had one Z10-toting co-worker who keeps saying "my next phone will be an iphone" come up to me and say, "I need you to update my OS and install Blend right away." Apparently one of the bosses mentioned to her that every time he walked by her desk, she was on her phone texting. BlackBerry is now contributing to someone's lack of productivity! Go figure. LOL.
    01-11-15 01:24 AM
    http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/01/bla...rtphone-plans/
    BlackBerry Clarifies Non-Smartphone Plans
    BlackBerry should sell its devices division

In a separate report also dated Jan. 8, 2015, UBS analyst Amitabh Passi and associate Tejas Venkatesh also said BlackBerrys devices segment is the least interesting part of the companys story. They went a step further though and suggested that the company could eventually sell its devices division and that it probably should.
    This part is why I was impressed by BlackBerry's Board, TH, and now Chen...They all got that BlackBerry is stronger because devices and OS and data transport are intertwined. Wall Street just doesn't get that. They didn't get it in 2011 or 2012 and they waited until BB10 and BES10 was out before they really crucified BlackBerry in 2013. Good thing JC has come to try and save BlackBerry.

(See what I did there?) LOL
    CDM76, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    01-11-15 01:37 AM
    OT additional smiles during weekend after-hours for those BB investors interested in electric vehicles:

Watch People React To The Tesla Model S P85D Launch | CleanTechnica
    Grid Stability and Automobiles | The Energy Collective
    True Cost Of Owning A Chevy Volt Might Surprise You | CleanTechnica
    The takeaway really is that when you go to buy a new car, you need to look at your costs over time rather than just the retail price.
    bbjdog, bungaboy, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    01-11-15 06:54 AM
    Hi Morgan maybe an extra reason to travel to Montreal,

For general info TESLA largest showroom to date, has opening in Montreal in December.
    Tesla Model S P85D Acceleration In The Snow ?
    01-11-15 08:16 AM

For general info TESLA largest showroom to date, has opening in Montreal in December.
    Love Tesla's but would never touch the stock. That is the only stock more irrational than BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:25 AM

Been to the one here in Denver. If you're not known or wearing a suit they don't like you near the cars. Luckily I was prepared and got to sit in a few and get a good briefing.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, CDM76, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    01-11-15 01:32 PM

And where was the snow?

Posted with my flash Passport
    01-11-15 02:55 PM
    Went to Yorkdale Mall to get BlackBerry Classic - out of stock. But to be fair, he said, he only received 3 for initial stock to begin with. (Same as Scarborough Town Center store as I posted earlier). Then I went to CenterPoint Mall (Yonge & Steels) and the guy at kiosk said he was out of stock. I asked how many did he have? He said, he only got 1 for his initial stock.

So, ladies and gentleman, I can confirm at-least 6 BlackBerry Classic have been sold for sure! 3 at Scarborough Town Center mall, 3 at Yorkdale and 1 at Centrepoint kiosk.

I am now just waiting for Mr. Faucette to tell us that returns are exceeding sales and that atleast 7 BlackBerry Classic have been returned.
    01-11-15 03:00 PM
    Went to Yorkdale Mall to get BlackBerry Classic - out of stock. But to be fair, he said, he only received 3 for initial stock to begin with. (Same as Scarborough Town Center store as I posted earlier). Then I went to CenterPoint Mall (Yonge & Steels) and the guy at kiosk said he was out of stock. I asked how many did he have? He said, he only got 1 for his initial stock.

So, ladies and gentleman, I can confirm at-least 6 BlackBerry Classic have been sold for sure! 3 at Scarborough Town Center mall, 3 at Yorkdale and 1 at Centrepoint kiosk.

I am now just waiting for Mr. Faucette to tell us that returns are exceeding sales and that atleast 7 BlackBerry Classic have been returned.
    LOL
    01-11-15 03:01 PM

Lol, I count seven sold, based on your numbers!

Good to see that there is interest

Posted via CB10
    bbjdog and bungaboy like this.
    01-11-15 03:21 PM
    I have a question for this thread, but before I ask let me make a few comments. BlackBerry is at least 25% of my portfolio, largely because I believe in John Chen and the inherent value on the company's balance sheet. If I could sit down with one person in this world for a conversation it would right now be JC.

My question is has anyone else noticed as of recently, John Chen hasn't been as confident as usual? For example ER, he didn't take questions from many analysts including James Faucette. I thought that was out of his character to avoid the situation.

Second example is the interview where he was asked about the iCloud getting hacked at CES and he stated BlackBerry couldn't of been hacked. I believe it was Fox, but I can't recall. He said um a hundred times paused several times. Just wasn't his confident normal self.

Am I reading too much into it, or has anyone else noticed the same thing?
    01-11-15 03:25 PM
    I have a question for this thread, but before I ask let me make a few comments. BlackBerry is at least 25% of my portfolio, largely because I believe in John Chen and the inherent value on the company's balance sheet. If I could sit down with one person in this world for a conversation it would right now be JC.

My question is has anyone else noticed as of recently, John Chen hasn't been as confident as usual? For example ER, he didn't take questions from many analysts including James Faucette. I thought that was out of his character to avoid the situation.

Second example is the interview where he was asked about the iCloud getting hacked at CES and he stated BlackBerry couldn't of been hacked. I believe it was Fox, but I can't recall. He said um a hundred times paused several times. Just wasn't his confident normal self.

I think you are reading too much into it.

We all know that BB has great security. but there is no such thing as unbreakable security. JC knows that and he said it in the interview. He knows that if he throws down the gauntlet and announces that BB is un-hackable there will be thousands of people trying to get in, to grab their 15 sec of fame.
    (something about 1 million monkeys on 1 million keyboards will eventually rewrite Shakespeare goes here)

keep the faith and be humble. that's what JC is doing with under promise and over deliver.
    01-11-15 03:38 PM
    Just want to add one comment that if JC wants to sit down to have some conversation with somebody, James Fausette would be the last one.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    Mr BBRY, bbjdog, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    01-11-15 03:46 PM

BlackBerry would be resistant to a brute force attack such as Apple was exposed to. With BlackBerry you have only a few chances to get your password right but with Apple, at the time, you could make unlimited attempts. Chen was clear about the 'type' of attack.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 01-11-15 at 04:19 PM.
    Mr BBRY, bbjdog, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    01-11-15 03:52 PM

Not sure about confidence or lack of. But I watched one of JC's presentation (from Hong Kong, I think) where John Chen said, sure, Apple has been hacked etc. etc. but I am afraid of bragging about it because then that might attract hackers to concentrate all their energies into trying to hack BlackBerry. And I don't want to send that kind of invitation to hackers. Something to that effect.

Lol, I count seven sold, based on your numbers!

Good to see that there is interest
    Indeed 7! I stand corrected. So, 7 sold and at-least 8 returned. lol.
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, bbjdog and 4 others like this.
    01-11-15 04:05 PM
106,055 ... 31143115311631173118 ...