View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    For exclusive rights to a new designed passport, it has to be a good number!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 12:07 PM
    Heck, I just deleted it and it seems as if the attachment is gone again...

Here is that attachment. You may have to reinsert it into your post. Sorry!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-b6w1ajscqaaklto.png

Thanks!
    01-07-15 12:07 PM
    BlackBerry to offer ad-free BBM subscription with vanity PIN | MobileSyrup.com

BlackBerry CEO John Chen took to the stage at CES 2015 to talk about the company’s plans for the next year. One of his major goals is still to monetize BBM. Last year, Chen said he hoped BBM would generate $100 million for the company’s 2014 fiscal year. That’s still the plan (the fiscal year ends in March, right around MWC), and Chen talked a little bit today about how the company plans to make money from its messaging service.

BlackBerry plans to continue to leverage BBM as an ad platform, connecting businesses and brands with BBM users. The company will also embrace payments, enabling social commerce through payment and merchant capabilities.

On the user end, we’ll see a bigger push in the BBM virtual store, with more sticker packs, apps, and free items to drive user engagement. Perhaps most interesting is that BlackBerry plans to introduce a subscription bundle that will offer a vanity BBM pin and no ads for a fee. No word on when this subscription will be available, but it will be sometime this year.

Last year, BBM served 400 million ad requests and saw 175 million visits to the BBM Shop. Users shared 300 million stickers throughout 2014.
    01-07-15 12:08 PM
    BlackBerry announces support for BBM on Android Wear | MobileSyrup.com

At BlackBerry’s CES 2015 press breakfast, the focus was firmly on IoT and BBM (the company promised some device announcements at Mobile World Congress in March), and BlackBerry CEO John Chen today reiterated his goal to make $100 million from BBM before the end of this fiscal year.

To that end, the company is still working on expanding the reach of BBM, and today brings news that BBM is coming to your smartwatch thanks to support for Android Wear. This will allow users to receive BBM alerts on their watch, preview messages, read BBM messages in their entirety, navigate through messages, respond using Google Now, and even accept BBM invites without taking the phone out of a pocket.

Speaking today at CES, BlackBerry’s Jeff Gadway said that BBM users, on average, read their messages within eight seconds. In the last year alone, BBM has clocked up 140 million activations on iPhone and Android.

BBM support for Android Wear isn’t available just yet, and BlackBerry didn’t offer anything more specific than ‘early 2015.’
    01-07-15 12:10 PM
    For reference purposes:

BlackBerry (BBRY) CEO John Chen took a victory lap of sorts today, appearing at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, saying it was a year since he’d appeared before the show audience, and things had improved.

“I hope we can all agree we are not in financial trouble anymore,” said Chen, to some laughter from the audience. He noted the company had achieved cash flow break even last quarter, a quarter earlier than expected.

“Now the fun begins,” said Chen. The thrust of his talk at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas this morning was how BlackBerry would enable the Internet of Things.

Noting that BlackBerry software runs in 50 million cars, and that it has shipped in 400 million ASIC chips, Chen, said there was a growing realization that the Internet of Things needs the kinds of privacy and security features for which the company’s services have long been known.

Patrick Soon-Chiong of NantHealth talked about using BlackBerry's technology to create an Internet of Medical Things

“The best thing I inherited when I came in from the decades experience of this company is the technology,” said Chen. “Our technology is broad and deep.”

One of the partners Chen brought up on stage was Patrick Soon-Chiong , who runs something called NantHealth. Soon-Chiong talked about the “Internet of Medical Things,” which is all about medical data collection in compliance with HIPPA regulations. Soon-Chiong is a former NASA scientist, and Chen quipped that although Chen believes he himself is “very intelligent,” still “I have to pay close attention because he has three different ideas going on at any one time.”

Soon-Chiong spoke about putting something called a “health boxes” in homes that could be connected to a device such as the FitBit and could constantly connect health data. That would be powered by a “universal medical identifier.”

Imagine us having a capability like Google Maps but to browse every indivial persons genome of three billion bases,” said Soon-Chiong. Holding up his BlackBerry, Soon-Chiong said it would be made possible through BlackBerry’s IoT platform, tying medical devices to the cloud securely.

Also at the event, AT&T (T) announced it would offer the BlackBerry Classic for $419 with no contract. The Passport will also be available off contract for $649, in a special edition made for AT&T.

Chen said more device roadmap information will be presented at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in February.
    01-07-15 12:13 PM
    01-07-15 12:15 PM
    For exclusive rights to a new designed passport, it has to be a good number!

Posted via CB10
    It's the other way round. What did BlackBerry offer to get AT&T to agree to carry the device....

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 12:18 PM
    It's the other way round. What did BlackBerry offer to get AT&T to agree to carry the device....

Posted via CB10
    Funny!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-07-15 12:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    That crossed my mind as well.... but we know Chen to be very conservative. (not implying anything, just throwing it out there).

Having the AT&T channel is important to BB, so who knows what it may have "cost" them. If anything at all.

Considering where the company was, to where it is now, and where it wants to be.....his conservative approach to certain business decisions may be up for debate.

I do remember in the last ER or when they announced the Samsung merger, he went on to say that a merger has to make sense to both parties. I'm grossly paraphrasing him, "There has to be something in it for both of us, it has to make sense to both of us or there is no point".

so with that in mind, his "conservative" style, and where they are today (without the big US carriers) he may not have given much...

imo
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY and bbjdog like this.
    01-07-15 12:47 PM
    The only question i have is will that Rounded Passport work on Rogers up here in Canada
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    01-07-15 12:47 PM
    The only question i have is will that Rounded Passport work on Rogers up here in Canada
    It'd, of course. Just get it unlocked.
    01-07-15 12:51 PM
    01-07-15 12:54 PM
    01-07-15 01:08 PM
    01-07-15 01:08 PM
    I wonder, is this the beginning of seeing BBM work the same way in cars or 3rd party car applications? where the manufacturer can state, "BBM supported" alongside there other features? and other types of IoT connected devices? TVs ?

Are other Messaging services offering/capable of this ?
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 01-07-15 at 01:36 PM.
    01-07-15 01:21 PM
    OT but not really.
    Traveling with your laptop? Or some other unsecured device?
    Try BlackBerry passport.
    http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/mani...bers-1.2892718

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    01-07-15 01:24 PM
    Not sure about the round Passport, but interested in the white box.
    I much prefer the look of the round corners. Too bad BlackBerry is giving AT&T the exclusive on this. Wonder if it will come to Canada.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 01:28 PM
    @piersmorgan
    https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/stat...75099452637184

Third month of using @Blackberry #Passport & comfortably the best smartphone I've ever had. Highly recommend.
    01-07-15 01:30 PM
    Are my eyes seeing this correctly?

Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (HALO)
    11.65 Up 1.59(15.81%) 2:34PM EST - Nasdaq Real Time Price

Morgan! I love you!
    01-07-15 01:35 PM
    Are my eyes seeing this correctly?

Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (HALO)
    11.65 Up 1.59(15.81%) 2:34PM EST - Nasdaq Real Time Price

Morgan! I love you!
    No eye doctor required, Mr BBRY!

If anyone is aware of what went down at the conference, please share! Thanks!
    01-07-15 01:39 PM
    No eye doctor required, Mr BBRY!

If anyone is aware of what went down at the conference, please share! Thanks!
    Let's talk HALO after the market closes on BBRY, I'm reading a pile of good info here, thanks for your solid work guys!!! Oh yeah, I want that rounded Passport too! LOL
    01-07-15 01:42 PM
    JC video:
    Chen: BlackBerry Messenger can drum up $100 million
    BlackBerry CEO talks wearables, BBM

BlackBerry believes it can make about $100 million from its BBM messaging service in the fiscal year beginning in March, CEO John Chen told CNBC on Wednesday from the International Consumer Electronics Show.

The company announced at CES that it would launch a BBM messaging app for Android Wear devices, such as smartwatches. Blackberry will seek to increase monthly active BBM users and make the service "more sticky" so that those users spend more time inside the app, Chen said in an interview on CNBC's "Fast Money: Halftime Report."

He also said demand is "very good" for the Blackberry Classic phone, a model that focuses on the company's traditional functionality and puts its physical QWERTY keyboard front and center.

On Wednesday, AT&T announced it would exclusively carry a newly designed Blackberry Passport with a 4.5-inch touch screen and touch-enabled keyboard that combines features of physical keys and a touch pad.

"I need to work on the distribution, and the AT&T announcement this morning helped us a lot about getting the phones to the consumers and getting them to the enterprise users," Chen said.

Shares of BlackBerry are up about 15 percent during the last three months
    01-07-15 01:50 PM
    Great, another stock I have to take off my watch list. I got into Sierra Wireless at $12 it dropped to 11 so I sold out, now a year 1/2 later its 54$. I was in HALO at 8, it dropped to 7, back up to 8 sold now a year later its 11.80. I bought Oxygen Bio at 5$ only to see it fall to 3 and I got out at 4.25 and not it sits around 3.25.

I'm all in on BB, need this baby to get up there.
    01-07-15 01:53 PM
    BlackBerry unveils first steps in Internet of Things cloud management platform - The Globe and Mail

BlackBerry Ltd., working to win back investor confidence, unveiled the first part of its plan to compete in the emerging world of Web-connected electronics with a platform that keeps track of shipping containers and vehicles.

The Internet of Things product pulls together the company’s device-management technology and its QNX operating system, already embedded in 50 million vehicles, BlackBerry said in a statement Wednesday.

Chief executive officer John Chen is diversifying the Waterloo, Ont.-based company after its share of the global smartphone market fell to less than 1 percent. The Internet of Things, which refers to the spread of Web-connected everyday electronics, will be a major source of growth in the future, Chen said last month.

“As to when it’s going to shore up the top line, it’s probably going to take a little while but it’s not going to be a long while,” Chen said today in an interview on CNBC. The platform is going through trials at hospitals, connecting medical devices, he said.

The shares slipped 0.5 per cent to $10.57 at 1:57 p.m. in New York. They rose 48 percent last year.

Companies using the platform could keep track of vehicles running BlackBerry’s software and measure how drivers use air conditioning, media content and even seat and steering wheel positions, according to BlackBerry’s website.

The system could also be used to keep track of specific shipping containers or pallets fitted with transmitting devices to help organize supply chains.
    01-07-15 01:53 PM
    My DRE and HALO are doing well today!

BBRY could use some attention. I thought it would be a little more positive given today's news. Soon, I suppose.
    01-07-15 01:57 PM
105,335 ... 31003101310231033104 ...