View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Apple users have had this for a long time [/B]
    Um, if it only works with Apple products I wouldn't call it 'this'.. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and rarsen like this.
    01-04-15 04:11 PM
    Why would I need something else, when I have this great thread. Some of the best information comes from this electronic place. I am thankful for all the contributors on this great thread. Just like BlackBerry, I'm long all the way.

Posted via CB10
    I'm long bbry to, he asked a question and I answered it, I'm not new to this thread I've also enjoyed everyone here because we all have a interest in bbry, I'm not trying to take nothing from you, Good for you if this is the only place you need for bbry info.

"Data" the new Greed
    01-04-15 04:19 PM
    Anyone else notice this?

Samsung, the world’s largest consumer electronics company by revenue, has said it will use the convention to outline its vision of “the internet of things”, which will include automobiles but which will mostly be focused on smart homes.

BlackBerry is expected to lay down a road map also, maybe more collaboration is in store?

Posted via CB10
    samsung bought these guys

SmartThings | Easy, Open, Limitless Smart Home Platform
    01-04-15 04:40 PM
    I'm really excited to see what comes out this week. A road map would be awesome, but that's not very likely. But any news will be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 04:42 PM
    I'm pretty sure Nanthealth is supposed to be unveiling a BlackBerry device this week as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 05:28 PM
    It's funny to think how long this thread has been active. I went back and read the first 100 posts over again and man has the tone changed! I know many of you have been here for a long time. I have followed this thread since mid 2012 when my at the time wife bought me a PlayBook. I bought my first shares in 2013 and joined Crackberry the day before to better follow this thread. It's simply amazing how we have banded together, learned, and grown as a group. Crazy how a little introspection at work can really open your eyes to how crazy, fun, and enjoyable the ride has been. Here's to all of you, going on 3 years of snooping around gleaning knowledge from you all! Thanks for the adventure, cheers!

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    01-04-15 05:31 PM
    We should email them to get their app on BlackBerry App store as well. Since they have the other app stores.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-04-15 05:44 PM
    I'm pretty sure Nanthealth is supposed to be unveiling a BlackBerry device this week as well.
    Insofar as NantHealth are concerned, I believe they simply intend to formally introduce their cancer genome browser, running on the Passport. I, for one, have not heard of any "BlackBerry device to be unveiled".

The browser will be demonstrated at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas in January and it will be pre-loaded on BlackBerry Passport devices and available to the professional community in early 2015. The browser will also be available on certain other devices running on rival platforms, but secured by BlackBerry’s network.
    BlackBerry, NantHealth app will give doctors cancer genome data - The Globe and Mail

Industry Analyst Jeff Kagan: BlackBerry, NantHealth Team to Fight Cancer at CES
    01-04-15 06:23 PM
    Does it really matter though if they're still bringing in revenue as a white label partner? That's what they essentially are working in the background for cars running Android Auto and CarPlay.

I think it does matter. Intel came up with their catchy "intel inside" marketing campaign it got them out of the white label. Maybe someone could chart up intel's SP versus AMD or similar and superimpose the "intel inside" marketing campaign along the timeline. Blackberry can bring in revenue as a white label partner yes, but they can bring in more as a recognizable label. Heck, if Apple can sell their wares at a huge markup compared to the rest of the market then BlackBerry and QNX should be able to market themselves as a cut above too. BlackBerry was the "go to" device for everybody at one time. if QNX is going to be the "go to" infrastructure then they might as well get the public on board and be able to raise the fees.
    BanffMoose, Andy_bb_king and CDM76 like this.
    01-04-15 06:42 PM
    Insofar as NantHealth are concerned, I believe they simply intend to formally introduce their cancer genome browser, running on the Passport. I, for one, have not heard of any "BlackBerry device to be unveiled".

BlackBerry, NantHealth app will give doctors cancer genome data - The Globe and Mail

Yes, have not heard any BB device to be mentioned for CES, but who knows. They (BB) did mention some device may be mentioned during MWC though....

However, there are a few CES shows regarding "Why Big data is a Big Deal"...this title reminds me the Forbes Health Care summit where Nanthealth and BB spoke....

Monday, January 5

Why Big Data is a Big Deal
    Big Data delivers a level of customer experience that has never been seen before yet nobody really*knows*how it works. Discover what makes big data so important and explore its role, its future, and its impact.* *

Also,

Tuesday, January 6

A Physician's Perspective on Consumer Health Technology
    Technology is transforming the doctor-patient relationship and giving patients new tools everyday to get and stay healthy. *Hear more about what�s working, what�s not and what�s coming to drive better collaboration between patients and doctors and give patients the power to manage their health.* A panel of family physicians will share their insights and recent research about the technology doctors are using with patients and their advice about future innovations.

Tuesday, January 6

Privacy and the IoT: Navigating Policy Issues
    Connected devices offer control and convenience, but consumers are still learning how to navigate them. Are there steps that manufacturers and policymakers can take to build consumer trust in devices and applications while preserving creativity and flexibility to innovate?

Tuesday, January 6

Waiting for the Holy Grail for Data

With the next breakthrough in health sensors, consumers are poised to generate the holy grail of medical research: clinically accurate, contextual and continuous data. Sensors collect 400,000 vital signs per person, per day, creating an unprecedented opportunity to understand health.

Wednesday, January 7

Digital Health: The Debate

The 2015 Digital Health Summit kicks off with the first-ever presidential-style debate featuring three leading healthcare experts as they challenge us to create lasting and systemic change by empowering consumers, physicians, and providers so that healthcare can work�and be valuable�for everyone.

Welcome to 5th Annual DHS
    Digital Health: Survival of the Fittest

Thursday, January 8

Part 1 - Re-inventing the Doctor-Patient Relationship

Tech is providing physicians and hospitals with access to new diagnostics tools, 360-view of their patients and powerful analytics to amplify their expertise and fuel a new era of medicine. Come learn what�s new in connecting doctors and patients.

Revisiting the Revolution: How Two CIOs are Challenging the System
    No Guts, No Glory: Tackling Healthcare Headon

So who knows what direction the conversation may go and if BB is mentioned...

There seem to be some juicy presentations from Ford, Mercedes and the "Connected Car"....."Mobile Payents".....this should definitely be interesting to see how BB is involved.
    01-04-15 07:22 PM
    been a few days since i have posted.
    very impressed to see the uptick on BB.
    however, not enough for me to be bullish.
    have been busy trading energy long and short, oil and natural gas, long and short, actively for serious profits.
    face it, we all trade the markets for profits, not just for the love of BB.
    glta. may look at shorting BB this week. strongly believe the markets at large are full of bs hopium.
    mkts and futures are in the red World Markets For Mobile | Financial Quotes
    yea, i have a BB playbook still, despite having its problems that BB have never corrected which pisses me off!
    all the best everyone. go canada go.
    http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/tea...en/junior/2015
    01-04-15 07:27 PM
    Cat indeed have 9 lives. Lol. So does blackberry. No matter how many times you kill it.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    lcjr, Corbu, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    01-04-15 07:47 PM
    Lol, good one.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:55 PM
    Have you seen your mother baby, Trading in the Shadows?
    01-04-15 08:40 PM
    I'm long bbry to, he asked a question and I answered it, I'm not new to this thread I've also enjoyed everyone here because we all have a interest in bbry, I'm not trying to take nothing from you, Good for you if this is the only place you need for bbry info.

"Data" the new Greed
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It's also nice to hear that you are not new to this thread. Anything else I should know?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 08:42 PM
    From the latest transcript:

In terms of BlackBerry roadmaps for 2015, we've got this to look forward to:

BBM and IOT: CES - January
    Handset roadmap/strategy: MWC - March
    I heard that!

I'm giddy like a girl scout over the handset roadmap.

PS - CJ, I said giddy, not gigiddy!
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-04-15 08:42 PM
    OT: I wonder . . .

... Creepiest, awkward-est, terrible-est acting, weirdest, goofy-est, lowest budget video EVER!

Lol.

Side thought:
    I watched the movie Margin Call last evening, and it was scarier than a horror movie!
    Man, I sure hope the market doesn't 'correct' itself....
    This reflects an analyst that I heard last month saying that the volatility in the major indexes are a strong signal of a market crash.

I'd love to hear any of our resident experts lull me by saying that the analyst was wrong. Wish I could remember where I read that.
    Corbu! Help!
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-04-15 08:55 PM
    This reflects an analyst that I heard last month saying that the volatility in the major indexes are a strong signal of a market crash.

I'd love to hear any of our resident experts lull me by saying that the analyst was wrong. Wish I could remember where I read that.
    Corbu! Help!
    Hi BM!

I'll do my best...

Could it be this?
    Volatile stock swings may signal bull run is in its last throes | Financial Post

Or this?
    Volatility spike signals a market low may be in - MarketWatch

I too, hope he is wrong, btw...

Cheers,
    morganplus8, jxnb, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    01-04-15 09:04 PM

"Soon-Shiong said the BlackBerry and NantHealth will continue to collaborate on software and hardware, and he said that the two are already working on a new device that will revolutionize the transport of big data sets. Details on this will be outlined early next year."
    I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Nanthealth was going to be unveiling a new device that was built by BlackBerry at the CES. Perhaps I got it wrong and it was going to be revealed in early 2015, but either way it will be unveiled soon.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-04-15 09:32 PM
    "Soon-Shiong said the BlackBerry and NantHealth will continue to collaborate on software and hardware, and he said that the two are already working on a new device that will revolutionize the transport of big data sets. Details on this will be outlined early next year."
    I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Nanthealth was going to be unveiling a new device that was built by BlackBerry at the CES. Perhaps I got it wrong and it was going to be revealed in early 2015, but either way it will be unveiled soon.

Posted via CB10
    I'm under the impression that the Blackberry passport was the device for the app (Genome browser) . John Chen did mention that BlackBerry would unveil a software in June, that would possibly make people use one device and hopefully it would be a BlackBerry. We should expect at least four devices this year, so we never know.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers and Corbu like this.
    01-04-15 10:06 PM
    I'm under the impression that the Blackberry passport was the device for the app (Genome browser) . John Chen did mention that BlackBerry would unveil a software in June, that would possibly make people use one device and hopefully it would be a BlackBerry. We should expect at least four devices this year, so we never know.

Posted via CB10
    In the article it clearly mentions both the passport which will come preloaded with the Nanthealth genome software and a new device yet to be revealed.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...ticle21988093/

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:19 PM
    In the article it clearly mentions both the passport which will come preloaded with the Nanthealth genome software and a new device yet to be revealed.

Posted via CB10
    I'll take your word for it, but I don't read G&M. Their mail service is extremely bad.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well I guess we'll know by Friday

Good night all, I've a good feeling about this week!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-04-15 10:51 PM
    Wall street back from vacation on Monday
    Here comes market manipulation and a run down to $10 or less.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    01-04-15 11:42 PM
    If it dose time to buy a few more shares.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-05-15 12:15 AM
113,256 ... 30923093309430953096 ...